The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPers want more things to spend AP on
    We've been working on ways to add more things that you can purchase with AP. With Update 13, we are updating the PVP vendors in your home keeps and adding a new item - Zone Bags. These Zone Bags contain a set item from an overland zone and will scale to your level. For example: the Auridon Zone Bag will only have Queen's Elegance, Twin Sisters and Veiled Heritance item sets in it. The bags will cost 5K AP and always contain one green or blue quality item in them.

Please add a very small chance to get Legendary items! Would be awesome to spend some AP and get a golden jewelry, for example.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been working on ways to add more things that you can purchase with AP. With Update 13, we are updating the PVP vendors in your home keeps and adding a new item - Zone Bags. These Zone Bags contain a set item from an overland zone and will scale to your level. For example: the Auridon Zone Bag will only have Queen's Elegance, Twin Sisters and Veiled Heritance item sets in it. The bags will cost 5K AP and always contain one green or blue quality item in them.

Please add a very small chance to get Legendary items! Would be awesome to spend some AP and get a golden jewelry, for example.

If you can't get gold jewellery normally in pve that it would be stupid to make it available in pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    Talking about burst damage, how about fixing Eye of the Flame?

The sheer number of people running it should tell you how broken it is.

Lol another one crying... first of all incap is a 50 ulti 2 potions and a light attack and it's up or one potion 1 kill and you pretty much can incap someone. Btw incap is 50 ulti it has a healing debuff it can do 10-15K damage and it stuns. In my eyes that is broken.. Also every stam nb is running it too now tells you how broken it is :smile: increase the cost of Incap ZoS atleast 100
    Eye of Flame (or whatever staff you use) I agree it hits hard but in my opinion ultis that are 200+ should hit hard as it takes some time to get your ulti up to 200+ and I seen templars healing people and keeping them alive during the damage from the staff ulti.

Almost 2017. Someone still don't get the concept of single target ulti compared to devastating AOE ulti.

We will use a group of ppl in typical PvP gear that just stand and do nothing for this test.

Pick 20 random ppl. Let NB kill them using incap. It will take 40-50 actions. Ulti points spent 20 x 50 = 1000
    Time spent - about 2 minutes.

Now lets see the same 20 ppl. Bring destro ulti sorc. Press one button. Screen explodes. Ulti points spent 213.
    Time spent - about 5 seconds.
    Bring up facts against the destro ult and you'll have a bad time.
    I could add that you need about 2-3 incaps to kill one player in cyro as noone there has under 15k health. Additionally EotS grants you between 5-9k dps free dps against any target hit. And you can use skills while destroy everyone and his mother.
    I don't want to say incap is bad and i'd like to see a cost increase to 65 Ult but in the end incap needs to be activated in the right time where as EotS is a no-brainer use it and stuff will die.

The fact both of you are actually comparing incap and eye is laughable on it's own.
    PS4 EU DC

• Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.

Consider the time spent grinding those perfect trait monster sets. Then consider finding them all useless because it breaks PvP. Lets face it, when your DPS is built around crit chance and crit damage, you just aren't going to use a 2 piece monster set that stands zero chance to crit. You'll have better DPS just chucking one of the pieces. It's kind of a bummer because some of them are really cool.

If you mainly PvP, then you wouldn't care. I don't expect you to understand or care. I casually play PvP, so frankly, the proc sets in there annoy me from time to time, but I don't lose sleep over it. But I don't blame a hardcore PvP player for being right infuriated over broken aspects of it. So I feel you all for being pissed. But, failing to at least acknowledging the reasons why a PvE player would be miffed is just self centered and juvenile. If you are running things like vet MoL, which still doesn't have enough completions to fill a leader-board on PS4, it is a big deal. Losing all proc crit, considering crit modifiers and war horn, over a 9 - 10 minute boss encounter for 8 DD's, that is a big DPS loss for the group.

So look, PvP folks have been yelling about it since One Tamriel dropped, and ZoS made these changes. You didn't hear us trying to muzzle your outcry. Now, the changes will effectively render 2 piece monster sets useless in PvE, and it's our turn to complain. So show please show the same respect and allow us our outlet to complain.

I'm trying to be civil. A couple of those sets were way OP in PvP. I would just have hoped they would have found a better solution that just taking all crit chance from all 2 piece monster sets on both fronts.

Respect for most if what you said. But dont expect pvpers to not respond to being called whiners in this thread numerous times. This is not what one pvper asked for
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Waseem wrote: »
    Everything there is welcome, now tanks wont do 12k dps on aoe for equipping grothdar for pledges... More sets will be viable too, a mix of kena/ilambris and such will be useful too
    Proc sets were not OP just in pvp, they were in pve too.. Crying for 2k dps loss is pointless.. You are already wasting your time playing video games, extra 2 mins wont change that

2 mins per boss. 4 bosses per dungeon. Add extra 2 for hard mode. 10 min extra per dungeon. 3 dungeons per day. 12 characters slots. 6 extra hours of game time to just do pledges.
    And other weaker sets that "procced" damage are even more useless. Overwhelming Surge. Useless. Ashen Grip. Useless.

10m more per dungeon is reasonable. What is not is playing 3 dungeons a day on 12 characters. In short, it will have impact only on special snowflakes.

Wait. People do 36 dungeons a day? Holy crap
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Everything there is welcome, now tanks wont do 12k dps on aoe for equipping grothdar for pledges... More sets will be viable too, a mix of kena/ilambris and such will be useful too
    Proc sets were not OP just in pvp, they were in pve too.. Crying for 2k dps loss is pointless.. You are already wasting your time playing video games, extra 2 mins wont change that

2 mins per boss. 4 bosses per dungeon. Add extra 2 for hard mode. 10 min extra per dungeon. 3 dungeons per day. 12 characters slots. 6 extra hours of game time to just do pledges.
    And other weaker sets that "procced" damage are even more useless. Overwhelming Surge. Useless. Ashen Grip. Useless.

10m more per dungeon is reasonable. What is not is playing 3 dungeons a day on 12 characters. In short, it will have impact only on special snowflakes.

I doubt they do, he's just exaggerating to make a point like half of the forum seems to do.
    PS4 EU DC

• CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can't get gold jewellery normally in pve that it would be stupid to make it available in pvp.

Why not? It would make people go to Cyrodiil more often, also 5k AP is easy and quick to earn. Really, why is ESO community so afraid of PvP?
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not? It would make people go to Cyrodiil more often, also 5k AP is easy and quick to earn. Really, why is ESO community so afraid of PvP?

I pvp 99% of the time? But why should gold jewellery only be available from random pvp bags. Bags that are made up of pve overland sets?

Also it'll take like 3.3m ap on average to get an item you want in the trait you want.
    PS4 EU DC

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    ZOS. PLz care about the PVE too. We just get nerfs all the time because of the pvp. Change the skills in pvp not in pve. We already losed stam recovery while defending thx to the pvp. now we lose procs too? seriously. we just LOSE. pvp just gain. CARE ABOUT PVE DAMNIT!

@WeerW3ir When you start pveing with 400-500 ping during prime time on a daily basis, then you will change your mind about how 'pvp just gain'.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1,1000 reply to this post but no words from ZOS, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Majority is complaining over PVE nerf!
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    Talking about burst damage, how about fixing Eye of the Flame?

The sheer number of people running it should tell you how broken it is.

Lol another one crying... first of all incap is a 50 ulti 2 potions and a light attack and it's up or one potion 1 kill and you pretty much can incap someone. Btw incap is 50 ulti it has a healing debuff it can do 10-15K damage and it stuns. In my eyes that is broken.. Also every stam nb is running it too now tells you how broken it is :smile: increase the cost of Incap ZoS atleast 100
    Eye of Flame (or whatever staff you use) I agree it hits hard but in my opinion ultis that are 200+ should hit hard as it takes some time to get your ulti up to 200+ and I seen templars healing people and keeping them alive during the damage from the staff ulti.

Almost 2017. Someone still don't get the concept of single target ulti compared to devastating AOE ulti.

We will use a group of ppl in typical PvP gear that just stand and do nothing for this test.

Pick 20 random ppl. Let NB kill them using incap. It will take 40-50 actions. Ulti points spent 20 x 50 = 1000
    Time spent - about 2 minutes.

Now lets see the same 20 ppl. Bring destro ulti sorc. Press one button. Screen explodes. Ulti points spent 213.
    Time spent - about 5 seconds.

Haven't I yelled at you once before, for using logic in these forums? :smiley:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I doubt they do, he's just exaggerating to make a point like half of the forum seems to do.

I did about 30 a day over Christmas break from n just dailies trying to my shoulders in the right trait. Not to mention some solo fill in dungeons to get some pieces I was looking for. I would say work day 15ish or so. Days off for gaming normally 6 Dailies 6 Normal gear runs. Then Pvp. But if my dailies take longer less time for everything else. So yes exaggerated to make the point. Still don't have a life.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    "PvPers want more things to spend AP on
    We've been working on ways to add more things that you can purchase with AP. With Update 13, we are updating the PVP vendors in your home keeps and adding a new item - Zone Bags. These Zone Bags contain a set item from an overland zone and will scale to your level. For example: the Auridon Zone Bag will only have Queen's Elegance, Twin Sisters and Veiled Heritance item sets in it. The bags will cost 5K AP and always contain one green or blue quality item in them."

Yes Mr Dev. this is true. We do want things to spend AP on. However, if I'm reading this correctly. This has got to be the most horrible RNG based way to get any item in the entire game. Please at least consider doing individual bags for each set type. To lump them all into one "zone bag" like that will make it so:

1) No one could ever complete a set of any kind. 1 set of any sort is hard enough with RNG to get the pieces and traits you want. Now times that by 3? I pray it's suddenly April fool's day. I seriously do. Unless weapons only come in sharpened/defensive/powered from these bags...unless the armor only comes in Impen or infused (for those that like more stat pools). Then these bags are a total waste of anyone's time and AP.
    2) Green or blue only? This matters when it comes to jewelry. Armor, not so much. I'd rather wait till the end of time for Gold bling and have enough AP to buy a couple sets of it off the weekly vendor, then to use AP on this stupidity.

So, please. Don't even bother putting things into the game for us PvP'ers if this is what your brain trust is coming up with. FYI, no one is buying the 50k AP bags as it is. They are garbage sets for the most part. If I would suggest anything, it'd be to make those bags cost 5k AP.

On the other hand

I have a bit of AP that is just sitting there with nothing to spend it on and several set items that I need, that after countless hours of farming I've still not obtained, so I'll be throwing some AP at the zone bags to add to my chances of getting what I want.

On the other, other hand lol...
    You can spend your AP any way you want. I think your PvE grinding would bring what you want faster than this disgusting use of RNG with the bags. 1 set has how many pieces? Every type of weapon, most types of jewelry, and 7 armor pieces(including all the traits). Now times that by 3 different sets possible coming out of one bag and try figuring out your chances of getting anything remotely close to what you want. Then, if it's jewelry your after? It comes in blue at best. Tell me you don't see the stupidity in this? Personally, I like mindlessly grinding once in awhile on super easy PvE mobs. Plus I make some decent coin selling off all the junk. I think the proposal here is just way out of whack.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    But dont expect pvpers to not respond to being called whiners in this thread numerous times. This is not what one pvper asked for

Considering that the pvp players have been crying for the proc sets to get nerfed since 1t, yes, this is what you asked for.
    No, you didnt get to choose how the gear was nerfed, but this update is the effect of the constant whining from pvp.

The simple reality is that pvp ruins mmorpgs far more then they ever contribute. PVP has done absolutely nothing to help eso. all the money spent in these craptastic balance updates, the time wasted in design/redesign and constant testing means that there is less net new content which leads to every mmorpg's death...

For 14 years, the name Elder Scrolls meant a good rpg with tons of content and rich storylines...
    For the last 3 years, the name Elder Scrolls Online means broken content, buggy quests & abilities, rollbacks, and stupid nerfs because of pvp...
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean you'll have to grind new sets? :smirk:

Arguing over it is pointless. It's a big small change (your dps isn't going to be utter crap, but it's not going to be as good as it was), but we're missing the context. You don't know how they're changing the individual sets or what will come of the balance changes to abilities. Your entire build may end up being irrelevant next patch for all anyone here knows.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    But dont expect pvpers to not respond to being called whiners in this thread numerous times. This is not what one pvper asked for

Considering that the pvp players have been crying for the proc sets to get nerfed since 1t, yes, this is what you asked for.
    No, you didnt get to choose how the gear was nerfed, but this update is the effect of the constant whining from pvp.

The simple reality is that pvp ruins mmorpgs far more then they ever contribute. PVP has done absolutely nothing to help eso. all the money spent in these craptastic balance updates, the time wasted in design/redesign and constant testing means that there is less net new content which leads to every mmorpg's death...

For 14 years, the name Elder Scrolls meant a good rpg with tons of content and rich storylines...
    For the last 3 years, the name Elder Scrolls Online means broken content, buggy quests & abilities, rollbacks, and stupid nerfs because of pvp...

HEADLINE!

Entitled PvEOnly player doesn't realize that the nerf wasn't just directed at PvP. Also doesn't realize that he's losing, at max, about 2.5-3k dps with all BIS gear!

Grothdarr's is Overperforming. It's going to be adjusted. Adapt, just like everyone else.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • mr_runaway_666b16_ESO
    Why not allow 1 set to crit then after that no crits, this would make PvE happy as they can continue to wear 1 monster proc set but in PvP it would stop multiple proc crits and 1 shots but they would still be viable.

Another solution would be a proc global cooldown so only 1 can go off at a time and the others would have to wait, this would also stop people stacking them as it would be much less viable.

Another solution would be to remove the crit but only on battle spirit.

I was looking at my PvP gear and I run 20-30% crit in PvP and 60-70% crit in PvE, so it's a massive massive nerf! I think it would completely kill 2 piece monster sets off and people will just wear 1 kena 1 velidreth or similar for the 1 piece bonus's.

Please put some thought into such a big change.
    Edited by mr_runaway_666b16_ESO on December 30, 2016 7:09PM
    Beardeddraggonborn Stam Templar
    Beardeddragonborn mag DK shelved
    Beardie Stam NB
    Eve Bearegard Mag Sorc

• POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    why don't you just not allow 2 piece sets (head & Cops) to be used in PVE, and change the code and leave everything else alone
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually proc set shouldn't be affected by CP either.

OH look, a reasonable solution buried in this thread. CP will give 25% more proc set damage. So instead of messing with crit, make proc set damage unique, i.e. not able to be boosted by other buffs like CP. And while you are at it, realize that CP is the true cause of most nerf cries in PvP and removing CP and reversing some of the damage done to our character sheets after CP was implemented is the first step to fixing PvP.
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Entitled PvEOnly player doesn't realize that the nerf wasn't just directed at PvP. Also doesn't realize that he's losing, at max, about 2.5-3k dps with all BIS gear!

Grothdarr's is Overperforming. It's going to be adjusted. Adapt, just like everyone else.

You would like everyone to believe that with all the tears about proc sets the last few months had nothing to do with this nerf?

How about the fact that every item in that list was to help pvp?
    1. Proc set adjustments were because of the proc set tears of the pvp
    2. aoe caps to fight off and make big zergs less desirable and keep people spread out
    3. poison fixes, seriously was this even a problem? In PVE, you get more dps from the enchants. Poisons are used more in pvp because there is no point in increasing stam/mag costs on npcs who have unlimited amounts anyways.
    4. getting stuck in cyrodil, pretty clear
    5. pvp spending ap on overworld gear.

It is easy to see why pvp players would prefer this to be viewed as a general nerf, regardless of how dishonest that could be.

No matter how many lies people spew, the fact remains that pvp ruined this game.

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HEADLINE!

@Jamini

I'm curious. In what way is it overperforming? And why does the nerf it gets hit with need to make Bogdan crapper than it allready is?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HEADLINE!

@Jamini

I'm curious. In what way is it overperforming? And why does the nerf it gets hit with need to make Bogdan crapper than it allready is?

Grothdar adds like 8% of your dps on it's own and thats on a high 45k+ dps build, thats not taking into account the aoe potential is provides, most pve builds only have few aoe skills apart from mag dk, wall of elements + another (usually class skill). The grothdarr proc alone add 20-30% more aoe damage than a build would normally have.

The nerf will make you lose 1-2k dps or roughly around 2.5-3.5% so your build won't even feel the single target dps loss.

Also with regards to sets like bogdan, the info available is a sneak peak for all every knows they could of buffed the under performingproc sets like bogdan.
    PS4 EU DC

• Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would like everyone to believe that with all the tears about proc sets the last few months had nothing to do with this nerf?

2. aoe caps to fight off and make big zergs less desirable and keep people spread out
    3. poison fixes, seriously was this even a problem? In PVE, you get more dps from the enchants. Poisons are used more in pvp because there is no point in increasing stam/mag costs on npcs who have unlimited amounts anyways.

It is easy to see why pvp players would prefer this to be viewed as a general nerf, regardless of how dishonest that could be.

No matter how many lies people spew, the fact remains that pvp ruined this game.

You have to be kidding me. Every update in this game's history has catered to PvE (even the imperial city). The game was billed as a PvP game, and the continued neglect ZOS showed to that side is what has run the population down. PvP population is abysmal as is trial/dungeon population compared to where we were before it became obvious ZOS wanted nothing to do with PvP.

They show one tiny preview of some PvP changes and PvE players go apeshit because one of them is an overall balance change that requires them to probably use a different gear setup.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    why don't you just not allow 2 piece sets (head & Cops) to be used in PVE, and change the code and leave everything else alone

giphy.gif

Not allow undaunted monster sets to be used PvE, when you obtain them from doing PvE-based content (dungeons)...?
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on December 30, 2016 10:02PM
  • Shalnark
    Shalnark
    ✭✭
    A
    Server: EU Pact
    PvE Guild: Hodor - http://hodor-guild.eu/
    PvP Guild: The Epic Fail

Characters:
    Shalnark - Dk magicka dd (Main PvE)
    Shàlnark - Nb magicka dd (Main PvP)
    Shalnarkx - Sorc magicka dd
    Little Bang - Sorc stamina dd
    Shalnàrk - Dk stamina dd
    Shalnarkz - Nb stamina dd

World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first Vr16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first Speed-Run Vr16 Maw of Lorkhaj
    World first No-Death Vr16 Maw of Lorkhaj

Emperor NB: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPEBBsGkQI
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

You have to be kidding me. Every update in this game's history has catered to PvE (even the imperial city). The game was billed as a PvP game, and the continued neglect ZOS showed to that side is what has run the population down. PvP population is abysmal as is trial/dungeon population compared to where we were before it became obvious ZOS wanted nothing to do with PvP.

They show one tiny preview of some PvP changes and PvE players go apeshit because one of them is an overall balance change that requires them to probably use a different gear setup.

Your arguing with a pve care bear who wants pvp to be 'completely destroyed to the point where its deleted'.

His words, best just ignoring people like him.
    PS4 EU DC

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you will have gear sets that do PvP damage increase and decrease instead of something stupid like another blanket debuff.

Proc sets should have never made it in the game, base stats and a greater vanity system would have sufficed instead of a cash shop.

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

HEADLINE!

Through 36 pages the fact that only a small handful of replies, like this one, seem to point out that PVE is more imbalanced than PVP, is quite ridiculous.

The PVE only community has no counter point to ask for nerfs. Aesar The Hatespinner can't make forum posts about how she is soloable. The fact that more than 0.01% of the community can solo group PVE content is absurd.

If taking crits away from PVE makes more people have to group up for content that's a good thing. If it makes Maelstrom harder, that's a good thing. If some dungeons become more about the boss mechanics and not just READY-AIM-MELT, that's a good thing. If overland content now requires some attention by the player, that's a good thing.

Please stop blaming PVP. This nerf was not all about them. PVPers are just taking the brunt of the backlash because Deadra can't defend themselves on this forum.

If you're a good player you'll adjust.

Last thing ... I've posted it before but I'll do it again. There is but one eternal MMO truth. If it's working well enough that it becomes "the meta" it'll get nerfed eventually one way or another. Keep this in mind the next time a spreadsheet warrior demands you alter your build and remind them how angry they will be within 3 months when they have to drop another million gold on new gear.

TLDR: PVE is much more imbalanced than PVP, but monsters don't complain on forums.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HEADLINE!

Through 36 pages the fact that only a small handful of replies, like this one, seem to point out that PVE is more imbalanced than PVP, is quite ridiculous.

The PVE only community has no counter point to ask for nerfs. Aesar The Hatespinner can't make forum posts about how she is soloable. The fact that more than 0.01% of the community can solo group PVE content is absurd.

If taking crits away from PVE makes more people have to group up for content that's a good thing. If it makes Maelstrom harder, that's a good thing. If some dungeons become more about the boss mechanics and not just READY-AIM-MELT, that's a good thing. If overland content now requires some attention by the player, that's a good thing.

Please stop blaming PVP. This nerf was not all about them. PVPers are just taking the brunt of the backlash because Deadra can't defend themselves on this forum.

If you're a good player you'll adjust.

Last thing ... I've posted it before but I'll do it again. There is but one eternal MMO truth. If it's working well enough that it becomes "the meta" it'll get nerfed eventually one way or another. Keep this in mind the next time a spreadsheet warrior demands you alter your build and remind them how angry they will be within 3 months when they have to drop another million gold on new gear.

TLDR: PVE is much more imbalanced than PVP, but monsters don't complain on forums.

giphy.gif
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to be kidding me. Every update in this game's history has catered to PvE (even the imperial city).

Your going to try and tell us that IC was a PVE update? In the middle of pvp land, and has pvp there? Get real
    It is pvp content with pve elements, just the same as cyrodil. Any zone where there is pvp is a pvp zone. You can choose not to go after other people, but you cannot prevent them from attacking you means it is pvp. If a player cannot go through the content without some idiot ganking them, then it is pvp.

The game was billed as a PvP game, and the continued neglect ZOS showed to that side is what has run the population down. PvP population is abysmal as is trial/dungeon population compared to where we were before it became obvious ZOS wanted nothing to do with PvP.

This game was not a primary pvp game and anyone who thought that this would prioritize pvp clearly has no idea what elder scrolls has been about. Stop spreading lies, it was not a pvp game.

PVP population has consistently dropped since day 1 because pvp sucks. The reason that it has had continued decline in population is just because once the pve player gets what they need, or decides that dealing with pvp players is not worth their time, they wont go back.

PVP by nature is predatory, and a lot of people lose perspective. Look over this thread and see how many pvp players just dismiss the impact they have on other people. Guess what, pvp isnt as important as you think, and zos knows it.

Zos should continue to downsize pvp. As long as it is joined to pve, this game will continue to suffer.

That is correct, we do not want our gear made useless to appease the pvp players nor do we want our abilities altered for them.

Why do you feel that you as a pvp player have the right to dismiss the effort and time spent by others?

Why should any of the gear in a MMORPG be based on the smallest subset of players?

Do you see the same thousand names in cyrodil and think that because one instance got pop locked that means it is actually popular? No, they reduce the amount that people can enter to mask the declining numbers. There used to be 20 instances for pvp, and now it is what 4 instance total, lol lol lol. time to cut the last 4 and move on.