The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is an outrage. My shadowy disguise guarantees a crit!

I will have my crit on infernal guardian mortars while I run around in cloak using my shield. How else can I exploit?

Seriously though this will need addressing via the tooltip.
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I will have my crit on infernal guardian mortars while I run around in cloak using my shield. How else can I exploit?

Shadowy disguise will be unaffected by this change. And besides, shadow disguise only gives crit to your next attack, not a set proc.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    Y'all salty

I'm looking forward to these changes. I think this is a step in the right direction.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Shadowy disguise will be unaffected by this change. And besides, shadow disguise only gives crit to your next attack, not a set proc.

Ah okay. I never really paid much attention to whether my mortars were hitting with a crit while in shadowy disguise.
    Options
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been reading alot of post in trying to get both sides of the proc set nerfing. On the one side you have PVP jumping for joy as they will still be able to use the proc sets with little to no difference in performance whilst stakking sets that are capable of one-shoting players with 20k health.

On the other side you have PVE players having to go up against one-shotting bosses with over 2 mil health.

Yes, I have heard the arguments about PVE players were able to do Dungeons and trails before the monster and proc sets came along. What most people seem to forget is that the game has evolved and so so has to content. Some will argue this so ask around a chat who wants to run vet Gold Towers or Imperial Prison and listen to the excuses of its their turn to do the dishes.
    It's not that its so hard (OK, it is as I have seen many a rage quit.LOL),but makes you feel like you have just worked your butt of to get a monster piece that has a training trait ( yeah it sucks, I know). Even with monster sets there is still a lot of mecanics you need to know before you can bring that boss down and by nerfing PVE you are making it even harder to the point were no one is going to be interested in doing vet or even trail except for the elite among us.

Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. PVP: lets take of impen trait and for good cause nerf those poison, vipers, Jesus beams, two handed abilities....(you get my drift) and lets see if PVP players can still perform the way that they do.

Now you tell me who is getting the short end of the straw?

PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    No pve crit. Wow thanks for Fixing burst in PVP. But still all my farming for a set that can't crit now. Waste of my Christmas weekend. All of it. Goodbye llambris.

That was the first thing I said to myself when I first heard of this post early today. I spent so much time farming undaunted keys for divine Llambris shoulders, only for it to get nerfed in PvE... kinda sucks. I spent over two months building up my mag sorc in anticipation for a Llambris PvE build. And now the only thing that made this class relevant is getting put on the chopping block -_-

The only thing that made mag sorc relevant is ilambris crit? Really?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as far as I can tell, these are the sets that are affected by the nerf:

Monster

Chokethorn
    Grothdar
    Icehart
    Ilambris
    Infernal Guardian
    Kra'gh
    Nerien'eth
    Nightflame
    Scourge Harvester
    Selene
    Sellistrix
    Sentinel of Rkugamz
    Spawn of Mephala
    Stormfist
    Tremorscale
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth

Light

Almalexia's Mercy
    Destructive Mage
    Dreamer's Mantle
    Galerion's Revenge
    Lamia's Song
    Overwhelming Surge
    Phoenix
    Robes of the Hist
    Robes of the Withered Hand
    Trinimac's Valor
    Vicious Death
    Winterborn

Medium

Barkskin
    Briarheart
    Hunt Leader
    Kyne's Kiss
    Night Terror
    Oblivion's Edge
    Poisonous Serpent
    Shadow of the Red Mountain
    Shadow Walker
    Sheer Venom
    Shield Breaker
    Storm Master
    Sunderflame
    Twin Sisters
    Vicecanon of Venom
    Viper's Sting
    Widowmaker
    Witchman

Heavy

Affliction
    Aspect of Mazzatun
    Defending Warrior
    Draugr's Heritage
    Embershield
    Hand of Mephala
    Hide of Morihaus
    Ice Furnace
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight-Errant's Mail
    Leeching Plate
    Seventh Legion Brute
    Storm Knight
    Thunderbug's Carapace
    Way of Fire

All

Bahraha's Curse
    Syvarra's Scales

Crafted

Ashen Grip
    Vampire's Kiss
    Song of Lamae
    Noble's Conquest
    Redistributor
    Shalidor's Curse
    Morkuldin
    Eternal Hunt

Which of these were actually a problem? Especially in PvP?
    Edited by Faulgor on December 28, 2016 3:58PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Monster

Chokethorn
    Grothdar
    Icehart
    Ilambris
    Infernal Guardian
    Kra'gh
    Nerien'eth
    Nightflame
    Scourge Harvester
    Selene
    Sellistrix
    Sentinel of Rkugamz
    Spawn of Mephala
    Stormfist
    Tremorscale
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth

Light

Almalexia's Mercy
    Destructive Mage
    Dreamer's Mantle
    Galerion's Revenge
    Lamia's Song
    Overwhelming Surge
    Phoenix
    Robes of the Hist
    Trinimac's Valor
    Vicious Death
    Winterborn

Medium

Barkskin
    Briarheart
    Hunt Leader
    Kyne's Kiss
    Night Terror
    Oblivion's Edge
    Poisonous Serpent
    Shadow Walker
    Sheer Venom
    Shield Breaker
    Storm Master
    Sunderflame
    Twin Sisters
    Vicecanon of Venom
    Viper's Sting
    Widowmaker
    Witchman

Heavy

Affliction
    Aspect of Mazzatun
    Defending Warrior
    Draugr's Heritage
    Embershield
    Hand of Mephala
    Hide of Morihaus
    Ice Furnace
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight-Errant's Mail
    Leeching Plate
    Seventh Legion Brute
    Storm Knight
    Thunderbug's Carapace
    Way of Fire

All

Bahraha's Curse
    Syvarra's Scales

Crafted

Ashen Grip
    Vampire's Kiss
    Song of Lamae
    Noble's Conquest
    Redistributor
    Shalidor's Curse
    Morkuldin
    Eternal Hunt

Of those; Widowmaker, Viper's, Tremorscale, Stormfist (if you're dumb and stand in it), Red Mountain.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol first time i gave up and started to use 3 proc sets last week and was killing everyone with few hits XD now its gone but im still happy with this nerf proc sets = no skill

But with this nerf to burst how we going to kill magicka builds especially sorcs with shields and templars with tons of heals ?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axorn wrote: »
    Lol first time i gave up and started to use 3 proc sets last week and was killing everyone with few hits XD now its gone but im still happy with this nerf proc sets = no skill

But with this nerf to burst how we going to kill magicka builds especially sorcs with shields and templars with tons of heals ?

Stick to the sets. Unless there is something else happening to them in the yet to be seen patch notes.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Faulgor Shield breaker cannot crit. Its just 2k un-resist-able (daedric) damage regardless.

Thats a pretty long list though. Thanks for taking the time to type them out. Really shows whats happening due to this change.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    Will the no crit affect sets like Burning Spellweave? As in when the set procs from flame ability and grants me spell power, will I not crit at all for those 8 seconds the buff is active?

No. That's not the case. Your skills will still crit as per usual, just sets that deal damage or heal from a proc such as Malubeth, Tremorscale or Valkyn Skoria won't crit.

But tremorscale and viper will still proc every 4 seconds and can be stacked.....doesn't seem like this is going to fix a damned thing in pvp to me.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Dazza1968 wrote: »
    Will the no crit affect sets like Burning Spellweave? As in when the set procs from flame ability and grants me spell power, will I not crit at all for those 8 seconds the buff is active?

No. That's not the case. Your skills will still crit as per usual, just sets that deal damage or heal from a proc such as Malubeth, Tremorscale or Valkyn Skoria won't crit.

But tremorscale and viper will still proc every 4 seconds and can be stacked.....doesn't seem like this is going to fix a damned thing in pvp to me.

It's only one change that we know about. There are other changes they are working on.

What everyone is forgetting here is Rich did not mention this is a PVP fix exclusively. Or even stated it is changing because of PVP.
    Proc sets
    We are going to be making some changes to these sets to balance out their burst potential. When the update hits, any set that has a damage or heal proc component to it will no longer crit in PVE or PVP. We chose this direction as we like the concept of these sets and still want them to be interesting and viable, we just wanted to tone down their overall burst potential. (sustain is slightly reduced, while burst potential is significantly reduced)

DPS in PVE is running wild. Many group content mechanics can be bypassed by simply DPSing faster. Many normal and even vet pledge dungeons can be solo'd by people, because of power creep. This is an issue.

Rich states they want to reduce set burst potential in PVE and PVP. This is one step towards that and I believe it is a good thing.

It is easy to blame PVP for it, because they are the only ones talking about the procs being a problem. That doesn't mean they aren't a problem in PVE (what benefit do most PVErs get out of talking about how DPS in PVE is stupidly high? None, so they don't do it.)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert do you use impen in pvp? why did you nerf proc sets in pve to the ground and only marginally made them weaker on pvp?

Yep I use impen - even with 7 impen, crits still hurt. On the PVE side, It's about a 7-8% nerf to sustain from my internal testing. (using Viper, Red Mountain and Kra on my stam sorc) I wouldn't call that nerfed into the ground.

152ncyg.jpg

So your justification is come on guys take the hit its not that bad?

How about you make the effect only apply in PvP or would that imply you actually work on the game not just the Crown Store?

His justification is he's a dev. He decideds what need balancing and what doesn't.

Proc sets needed balancing in pvp, zos decided that some procs sets were over performing in pve as well, so yes you'll lose a few % of pve damage.

Some people need to accept this wasn't intended to be just a pvp nerf and the pve nerf was intended because zos decided it was needed.

You do realize the same argument can be used to justify why Dark Deal works and should work as it does currently. You did not seem so receptive to that sort of logic, so I don't think you should throw it back into people faces who are (rightfully) upset the part of the game they enjoy got nerfed and changed because of a part they don't play was getting abused by proc sets.
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 28, 2016 3:11PM
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is it so hard to understand that these are only a sneak peak. They say we have some changes for the proc sets the crit damage is not the only one so calm down and wait for the complete patch notes.
    They have so many things that can be changed to compensate for the loss in damage like duration, overall damage, cooldown, additional buffs/ debuffs etc.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buh-bye crit heals from Chokethorn and Troll-King :(

Troll king doesn't heal via crit. its HR and 2% increase to healing..Blah get some.....
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    Everything there is welcome, now tanks wont do 12k dps on aoe for equipping grothdar for pledges... More sets will be viable too, a mix of kena/ilambris and such will be useful too
    Proc sets were not OP just in pvp, they were in pve too.. Crying for 2k dps loss is pointless.. You are already wasting your time playing video games, extra 2 mins wont change that

2 mins per boss. 4 bosses per dungeon. Add extra 2 for hard mode. 10 min extra per dungeon. 3 dungeons per day. 12 characters slots. 6 extra hours of game time to just do pledges.
    And other weaker sets that "procced" damage are even more useless. Overwhelming Surge. Useless. Ashen Grip. Useless.

2k dps of monster set will add 2mins to each boss you try to kill? You must be noob
    PC EU

Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always the same.
    They know about the problem, but try solving it in a wrong manner, just like it happens here again..

But well, PvE dps was way too high, it was ridiculous, so I don't mind that change.

My guess is, people won't even really notice it in most dungeons since AoE caps have been altered + whatever else is coming :trollface:
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    No pve crit. Wow thanks for Fixing burst in PVP. But still all my farming for a set that can't crit now. Waste of my Christmas weekend. All of it. Goodbye llambris.

That was the first thing I said to myself when I first heard of this post early today. I spent so much time farming undaunted keys for divine Llambris shoulders, only for it to get nerfed in PvE... kinda sucks. I spent over two months building up my mag sorc in anticipation for a Llambris PvE build. And now the only thing that made this class relevant is getting put on the chopping block -_-

Quite frankly yeah. Sorcs sucked before Illambris due to a combination of nerfs. Illambris gave them alot of edge they needed to get competative again, in PVE.

Now that's nerfed. Wonder if people will still play them.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 28, 2016 3:21PM
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... will PvE world bosses' million+ hp bar get a corresponding nerf for my lost burst damage?
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
    Options
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to understand that these are only a sneak peak. They say we have some changes for the proc sets the crit damage is not the only one so calm down and wait for the complete patch notes.
    They have so many things that can be changed to compensate for the loss in damage like duration, overall damage, cooldown, additional buffs/ debuffs etc.

this is a pr nightmare for zos right now and they brought it on themselves. We may very well be overreacting because we don't know what else is planned. But giving us this snippet without explaining the full picture was very stupid on their part.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread has gone to great lengths to expose those with no ability to understand what they are reading.

Quite frankly yeah. Sorcs sucked before Illambris due to a combination of nerfs.

Someone should tell my mSorc she sucks

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been reading alot of post in trying to get both sides of the proc set nerfing. On the one side you have PVP jumping for joy as they will still be able to use the proc sets with little to no difference in performance whilst stakking sets that are capable of one-shoting players with 20k health.

On the other side you have PVE players having to go up against one-shotting bosses with over 2 mil health.

Yes, I have heard the arguments about PVE players were able to do Dungeons and trails before the monster and proc sets came along. What most people seem to forget is that the game has evolved and so so has to content. Some will argue this so ask around a chat who wants to run vet Gold Towers or Imperial Prison and listen to the excuses of its their turn to do the dishes.
    It's not that its so hard (OK, it is as I have seen many a rage quit.LOL),but makes you feel like you have just worked your butt of to get a monster piece that has a training trait ( yeah it sucks, I know). Even with monster sets there is still a lot of mecanics you need to know before you can bring that boss down and by nerfing PVE you are making it even harder to the point were no one is going to be interested in doing vet or even trail except for the elite among us.

Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. PVP: lets take of impen trait and for good cause nerf those poison, vipers, Jesus beams, two handed abilities....(you get my drift) and lets see if PVP players can still perform the way that they do.

PVP did when they introduced all of those new sets. If PVE suffered the same way that PVP has, there would be a mass exodus from the game.

It really is that bad.

And it's not the PVP crowd who are making the decisions. I'm all for separating abilities and gear depending on which environment you're in. No PVPer with half a brain wants to see PVE wrecked the way that PVP has been for pretty much every update since IC.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything there is welcome, now tanks wont do 12k dps on aoe for equipping grothdar for pledges... More sets will be viable too, a mix of kena/ilambris and such will be useful too
    Proc sets were not OP just in pvp, they were in pve too.. Crying for 2k dps loss is pointless.. You are already wasting your time playing video games, extra 2 mins wont change that

2 mins per boss. 4 bosses per dungeon. Add extra 2 for hard mode. 10 min extra per dungeon. 3 dungeons per day. 12 characters slots. 6 extra hours of game time to just do pledges.
    And other weaker sets that "procced" damage are even more useless. Overwhelming Surge. Useless. Ashen Grip. Useless.

2k dps of monster set will add 2mins to each boss you try to kill? You must be noob

Have you done random vet dailies. Some of the people I run into are awful. Just light attacks and snipe. Maybe a poison injection once or twice in the entire dungeon. That 2k isn't a lot but if I'm already carrying a cp 200 through a dungeon then I need to to complete my daily content. The (2min) number came from someone else. He also desperately needs any help/crutch/training wheels he can get. I wish my group of friends could run all day everyday but the lag makes them rage after an hour. So I get stuck with Terribads. Even if it's an extra 30 secs on bosses that still an extra hour and a half just to do the same content but the rewards won't be as worth it. I already gave up on pledges after these notes. Just couldn't bring myself to do them because I already have kena.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Monster

Chokethorn
    Grothdar
    Icehart
    Ilambris
    Infernal Guardian
    Kra'gh
    Nerien'eth
    Nightflame
    Scourge Harvester
    Selene
    Sellistrix
    Sentinel of Rkugamz
    Spawn of Mephala
    Stormfist
    Tremorscale
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth

Light

Almalexia's Mercy
    Destructive Mage
    Dreamer's Mantle
    Galerion's Revenge
    Lamia's Song
    Overwhelming Surge
    Phoenix
    Robes of the Hist
    Trinimac's Valor
    Vicious Death
    Winterborn

Medium

Barkskin
    Briarheart
    Hunt Leader
    Kyne's Kiss
    Night Terror
    Oblivion's Edge
    Poisonous Serpent
    Shadow Walker
    Sheer Venom
    Shield Breaker
    Storm Master
    Sunderflame
    Twin Sisters
    Vicecanon of Venom
    Viper's Sting
    Widowmaker
    Witchman

Heavy

Affliction
    Aspect of Mazzatun
    Defending Warrior
    Draugr's Heritage
    Embershield
    Hand of Mephala
    Hide of Morihaus
    Ice Furnace
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight-Errant's Mail
    Leeching Plate
    Seventh Legion Brute
    Storm Knight
    Thunderbug's Carapace
    Way of Fire

All

Bahraha's Curse
    Syvarra's Scales

Crafted

Ashen Grip
    Vampire's Kiss
    Song of Lamae
    Noble's Conquest
    Redistributor
    Shalidor's Curse
    Morkuldin
    Eternal Hunt

Of those; Widowmaker, Viper's, Tremorscale, Stormfist (if you're dumb and stand in it), Red Mountain.

What I don't understand is why the ones that are the problem aren't balanced instead of just blanket nerfing everything...

Why not just make Widowmaker, Viper's, Tremorscale, and Red Mountain DoT instead of instant damage? At least then people that are using them for PVE DPS won't get affected and in PVP if you have them used against you there are ways to purge/cleanse or heal through it before you die.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Monster

Chokethorn
    Grothdar
    Icehart
    Ilambris
    Infernal Guardian
    Kra'gh
    Nerien'eth
    Nightflame
    Scourge Harvester
    Selene
    Sellistrix
    Sentinel of Rkugamz
    Spawn of Mephala
    Stormfist
    Tremorscale
    Valkyn Skoria
    Velidreth

Light

Almalexia's Mercy
    Destructive Mage
    Dreamer's Mantle
    Galerion's Revenge
    Lamia's Song
    Overwhelming Surge
    Phoenix
    Robes of the Hist
    Trinimac's Valor
    Vicious Death
    Winterborn

Medium

Barkskin
    Briarheart
    Hunt Leader
    Kyne's Kiss
    Night Terror
    Oblivion's Edge
    Poisonous Serpent
    Shadow Walker
    Sheer Venom
    Shield Breaker
    Storm Master
    Sunderflame
    Twin Sisters
    Vicecanon of Venom
    Viper's Sting
    Widowmaker
    Witchman

Heavy

Affliction
    Aspect of Mazzatun
    Defending Warrior
    Draugr's Heritage
    Embershield
    Hand of Mephala
    Hide of Morihaus
    Ice Furnace
    Jolting Arms
    Juggernaut
    Knight-Errant's Mail
    Leeching Plate
    Seventh Legion Brute
    Storm Knight
    Thunderbug's Carapace
    Way of Fire

All

Bahraha's Curse
    Syvarra's Scales

Crafted

Ashen Grip
    Vampire's Kiss
    Song of Lamae
    Noble's Conquest
    Redistributor
    Shalidor's Curse
    Morkuldin
    Eternal Hunt

So why not just nerf those....
    Options
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni should at least release another sneak peak at the natch potes, maybe something a little more positive to quell the forum rage.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

PVP did when they introduced all of those new sets. If PVE suffered the same way that PVP has, there would be a mass exodus from the game.

It really is that bad.

And it's not the PVP crowd who are making the decisions. I'm all for separating abilities and gear depending on which environment you're in. No PVPer with half a brain wants to see PVE wrecked the way that PVP has been for pretty much every update since IC.

Lemme put this in simple terms you'll understand @reiverx

This wont solve your problem. A dude wearing viper, red mountain and Veli will still do upwards of 10 K through the sheer volume of procs. Multiply it by five and that's still bad. This solves nothing.

And PVE isn't yours to *** with. We dont want this change. Your not helping us, stop pretending your the lightbringer trying to spread enlightenment to a disraught people.

Your a Conqueror, tramping the native people for your own greed. Stop acting like a savior on our behalf. The people yelling about how proc sets suck in PVE, usually dont PVE. So little about a build revolves around these proc sets that anyone who does think they do is provibly stupid.

So stop. Stop trying to 'save us from ourselves' or some such nonsense. We see right through it.

Jesus Christ dude. I'm on your side. I PVE half the time. I do the undaunted pledges every day. Did you just pick out random phrases from a lucky bag because they look cool?

No. I looked at the whole message that screams "I'm doing this for your own good" and I'm calling like it is. Your doing it for your own greed. Dont use the rest of us to justify said greed.

This change wont fix PVP. This change wont bring meaningfull balance to PVE. The only thing it will do is satisfy a minority. And we dont need that.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 28, 2016 3:40PM
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It really is that bad.

Lemme put this in simple terms you'll understand @reiverx

This wont solve your problem. A dude wearing viper, red mountain and Veli will still do upwards of 10 K through the sheer volume of procs. Multiply it by five and that's still bad. This solves nothing.

And PVE isn't yours to *** with. We dont want this change. Your not helping us, stop pretending your the lightbringer trying to spread enlightenment to a disraught people.

Your a Conqueror, tramping the native people for your own greed. Stop acting like a savior on our behalf. The people yelling about how proc sets suck in PVE, usually dont PVE. So little about a build revolves around these proc sets that anyone who does think they do is provibly stupid.

So stop. Stop trying to 'save us from ourselves' or some such nonsense. We see right through it.

Jesus Christ dude. I'm on your side. I PVE half the time. I do the undaunted pledges every day. Did you just pick out random phrases from a lucky bag because they look cool?

No. I looked at the whole message that screams "I'm doing this for your own good" and I'm calling like it is. Your doing it for your own greed. Dont use the rest of us to justify said greed.

You looked. Understanding is your problem.
    Edited by reiverx on December 28, 2016 3:40PM
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread has gone to great lengths to expose those with no ability to understand what they are reading.

Quite frankly yeah. Sorcs sucked before Illambris due to a combination of nerfs.

Someone should tell my mSorc she sucks

Bad troll, trolling badly.

Anyone can see the only one who dont know what's going on, is you. Then again, considering your with the Malicious PVPer crowd in this thread I doubt you even PVE.

This year, I have PVE'd considerably more than I have PVP'd. Previously I would say half and half, I spent a lot of time making/remaking characters for blackwater lowbie pvp.
    my main character is only alliance war rank veteran (9)

While not a top tier DPS/player, I have almost all of the original pledge dungeons on farm as solo normal, and have solo'd a few on vet.

So your doubt that I even PVE is incorrect.

I see exactly what is going on here. Crit is being removed from set proc'd damage. People who use it as a crutch are having a hissy fit about it because apparently it is what made them viable. Sucks easy mode is being impacted for you I guess?

I hope more is done to bring damage focus back to players using their skills, good builds and good rotations, rather than single attacks and letting proc's do the work.

Proc bonuses from gear sets should be just that, a bonus, it should not be so important it is relied upon.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options