The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Miat's PVP alerts.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man now everyone's going to get accused of running this addon even when they're doing normal things like spamming AoE on oil ledges to check for stealthers. T_T Like no honey, not everyone is hacking, you're just predictable.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an add-on that is approved and allowed

How many times must you spread this nonsense in this thread despite having been corrected? All addons are independent third-party creations, and there is no such thing as vetting or approval of addons.

The extent of the control that ZOS has is what functionality and data they make available via their framework and APIs. The game's API and data promiscuity is such that an addon like this is made possible. This doesn't necessarily mean that ZOS "approves" or "disapproves" of such addons. It may be their intent that such an addon exists, or it might not be, and it simply was not a scenario that they had imagined and thus accounted for when designing their systems.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best players: "Awesome! I can avoid this exact number of gankers, 3 of which are members of the current Emperors' farming group and 1 of which is the current emperor. Now let me warn my entire faction about them and coordinate an assault on an important target because I am certain the other team's best players are hiding behind that rock."

The best players who bother to use that would be more along the lines of: "Hah! One of us act as bait, while the rest use detect pots and kill the gankers, then make our way towards where we expect them to spawn from and kill them again when they try to come back and gank more of my faction!"

Then you have the AP farmer perspective: "It's not worth our time to find and kill a ganker or two, and since we're usually aware enough lets just keep moving on towards our destination. Someone has radiant mage light up right?"
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Best players: "Awesome! I can avoid this exact number of gankers, 3 of which are members of the current Emperors' farming group and 1 of which is the current emperor. Now let me warn my entire faction about them and coordinate an assault on an important target because I am certain the other team's best players are hiding behind that rock."

The best players who bother to use that would be more along the lines of: "Hah! One of us act as bait, while the rest use detect pots and kill the gankers, then make our way towards where we expect them to spawn from and kill them again when they try to come back and gank more of my faction!"

Then you have the AP farmer perspective: "It's not worth our time to find and kill a ganker or two, and since we're usually aware enough lets just keep moving on towards our destination. Someone has radiant mage light up right?"

As always, we should listen to Crown.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

How many times must you spread this nonsense in this thread despite having been corrected? All addons are independent third-party creations, and there is no such thing as vetting or approval of addons.

The extent of the control that ZOS has is what functionality and data they make available via their framework and APIs. The game's API and data promiscuity is such that an addon like this is made possible. This doesn't necessarily mean that ZOS "approves" or "disapproves" of such addons. It may be their intent that such an addon exists, or it might not be, and it simply was not a scenario that they had imagined and thus accounted for when designing their systems.

if it is in elderscrolls online then it was approved by them and allowed to be in thier game.
    that is not "non-sence" that is a fact.
    they have approved of this and are allowing it.
    this is not new information, this thread is not new as well, this has been discussed on reddit as well for quite some time.
    this is proof as well that zenimax is aware of it and is allowing it to exist in thier game.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 16, 2016 8:55PM
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure how I feel about the capabilities this addon offers but I am very grateful to Miat for sharing as this kind of thing could have existed in the shadows for a long time.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just remove stealth "1 shots" from the game? Afaik it just tells you when someone is near, not where they are. The "1 shot" from stealth has always been dumb, I can't seem to dig up any outrage over the loss of that from the game.

if will be not possible to 1shot people without proc set then ganging at all will be useless because most people after 1st hit are instantly break free if they wasnt afk/searching something in backpack etc and then fast dodge, heal etc and nothing from gang and then ganging will be possible only for noobs, begginers with rare chance to gang average player
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if it is in elderscrolls online then it was approved by them and allowed to be in thier game.
    this is not new information, this thread is not new as well, this has been discussed on reddit as well for quite some time.
    this is proof as well that zenimax is aware of it and is allowing it to exist in thier game.
    Just because they have allowed the API functions to be used, doesn't mean they approve of every single way that someone can make use of it, because they may not have considered that particular usage.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just remove stealth "1 shots" from the game? Afaik it just tells you when someone is near, not where they are. The "1 shot" from stealth has always been dumb, I can't seem to dig up any outrage over the loss of that from the game.

if will be not possible to 1shot people without proc set then ganging at all will be useless because most people after 1st hit are instantly break free if they wasnt afk/searching something in backpack etc and then fast dodge, heal etc and nothing from gang and then ganging will be possible only for noobs, begginers with rare chance to gang average player
    I don't really see insta gib ganking as a valid play style. Stealth is supposed give you the ability to start with an advantage, not a win.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Just because they have allowed the API functions to be used, doesn't mean they approve of every single way that someone can make use of it, because they may not have considered that particular usage.

The front door to my job is currently unlocked. I do not approve of someone coming through it with a chainsaw.

Similar premise.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really see insta gib ganking as a valid play style. Stealth is supposed give you the ability to start with an advantage, not a win.

so then just remove NB class, because for what we have class which is created for stealth and is the most squishy class in open fight? if you have no cloak you are dead at all
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so then just remove NB class, because for what we have class which is created for stealth and is the most squishy class in open fight? if you have no cloak you are dead at all

I don't understand the context of your reply in relation to my post, are you under the belief that NBs are supposed to be an instagib class from stealth?
    Edited by Armitas on December 16, 2016 9:29PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the context of your reply in relation to my post, are you under the belief that NBs are supposed to be an instagib class from stealth?

with perfect environment yes, not everyone but mostly people also who are in heavy armor but no as tank build

if we have assasin class who is unable to 1shot anyone from stealth so for what then is this class?
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except some of the best nightblades in the game don't even slot cloak.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Miat’s PVP Alerts addon was brought to our attention earlier in the week, and we’ve been running some internal tests on it to gauge functionality and impact. We are still evaluating this addon, and may make changes to the game’s API as a result. Here’s an explanation of how it works, and what it does and doesn’t do:

Miat’s PVP Alerts addon is built upon actions done by players that the combat log records. This includes sprinting, casting an ability, weapon swapping, drinking a potion, stealthing, etc. If a player executes any of those actions, basic messages are sent to the server and clients. This mod hooks into those notifications and filters them to give information about who is in the area. That info is then turned into either a KOS list determined by the player, a stealthier list, or simply an incremental value of players in the area (all are a rough estimation.)

The KOS list, specifically, is simply another layer on top of the above options, where the addon looks for specific players that you can choose to add to a list. When those players perform an action within your existing area of detection, you will be notified that they are in the area. You are not provided info on exactly where they are. Here are a few specific examples:
    • If someone is in your existing area of detection and they fully enter stealth, the addon will notify you of the name of the player character that successfully went fully “hidden.”
    • If someone is already stealthed and you’re traveling near then, or enter the area they were initially already stealthed in, you will not be notified of that player.
    • If someone uses a Nightblade ability that results in them vanishing, they will not trigger the addon’s alert unless they enter the real “hidden” state (i.e. the eye on the HUD is closed).

Lastly this addon adds a kill spam list which shows you when someone has died in your existing area of detection, and to what ability. When you first get these messages, it simply says “Someone has died to Dark Flare.” When you start to get more information on the players around you, it adds that player name to the Saved Variables file for PVPAlerts.lua, then starts to add that information into your UI while playing.

Note that in all the above examples, you are not notified of exactly where the player is. This addon does not add a little blip to your map or compass, and does not give you an overlay that points out specifically where players are. This addon is not radar, a Doppler, or any other means of giving away another player’s exact position.

We want to thank everyone for sharing your concerns with us about this addon.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

with perfect environment yes, not everyone but mostly people also who are in heavy armor but no as tank build

if we have assasin class who is unable to 1shot anyone from stealth so for what then is this class?

It's not an assassin class, it's a class with unique access to stealth that can be played in a variety of ways. The class has no entitlement to 0 gameplay kills. That would be ridiculous.
    Edited by Armitas on December 16, 2016 9:45PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thank you for the detailed reply. Have there been any internal discussions, or any upcoming plans, to institute a no add-ons or no UI PVP campaign?

There are quite a few people who truly enjoy the barebones original UI but are forced into using both add ons and "floaty number" ZOS made UI upgrades in order to maintain competitive balance.

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not an assassin class, it's a class with unique access to stealth. The class has no entitlement to 0 gameplay kills. That would be ridiculous.

take dueal as nb agains dk, templar or sorc, they all have many counters to cloak especially sorc with spam curse on you, you are then without cloak, so no dmg shields, no any class good heal, no anything than this cloak which is not working as intendeed in half of the time its easy peasy to fast kill nb while dk ofc in heavy armor, very good survivability with sustain, magplar same with survivability , sorc also...meh, only nb...just dont let him to use cloak and spam light attacks is enought to finish him without problems
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Are we allowed to use this addon until you decide upon a judgement?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not an assassin class, it's a class with unique access to stealth that can be played in a variety of ways. The class has no entitlement to 0 gameplay kills. That would be ridiculous.

dk is tankies, hard to kill in open fight, magplar also, can be tankly and have very good heals to survive, sorc have shields and surge in open fight, nb have nothing to open fight except not always working cloak with very much counters

EDIT: forgot, try to go ganging on non nb class without cloak, when you kill someone then gg with fast run from rest his group and dont get catched by them and nuked
    Edited by Edziu on December 16, 2016 9:50PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not an assassin class, it's a class with unique access to stealth. The class has no entitlement to 0 gameplay kills. That would be ridiculous.

take dueal as nb agains dk, templar or sorc, they all have many counters to cloak especially sorc with spam curse on you, you are then without cloak, so no dmg shields, no any class good heal, no anything than this cloak which is not working as intendeed in half of the time its easy peasy to fast kill nb while dk ofc in heavy armor, very good survivability with sustain, magplar same with survivability , sorc also...meh, only nb...just dont let him to use cloak and spam light attacks is enought to finish him without problems

Cloak is not supposed to be a toggle to combat, it's supposed to have counter measures. NB is just 1 out of 4 classes, it's not a "I get to do what I want with impunity because I play a rogue class." It's meant to be played for the win, not handed the win by virtue of their class type.
    Edited by Armitas on December 16, 2016 9:53PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thank you for the detailed reply. Have there been any internal discussions, or any upcoming plans, to institute a no add-ons or no UI PVP campaign?

There are quite a few people who truly enjoy the barebones original UI but are forced into using both add ons and "floaty number" ZOS made UI upgrades in order to maintain competitive balance.

You're welcome! Unfortunately, it isn't currently possible to disable addons for just one campaign and not the others.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Miat’s PVP Alerts addon was brought to our attention earlier in the week, and we’ve been running some internal tests on it to gauge functionality and impact. We are still evaluating this addon, and may make changes to the game’s API as a result. Here’s an explanation of how it works, and what it does and doesn’t do:

Miat’s PVP Alerts addon is built upon actions done by players that the combat log records. This includes sprinting, casting an ability, weapon swapping, drinking a potion, stealthing, etc. If a player executes any of those actions, basic messages are sent to the server and clients. This mod hooks into those notifications and filters them to give information about who is in the area. That info is then turned into either a KOS list determined by the player, a stealthier list, or simply an incremental value of players in the area (all are a rough estimation.)

The KOS list, specifically, is simply another layer on top of the above options, where the addon looks for specific players that you can choose to add to a list. When those players perform an action within your existing area of detection, you will be notified that they are in the area. You are not provided info on exactly where they are. Here are a few specific examples:
    • If someone is in your existing area of detection and they fully enter stealth, the addon will notify you of the name of the player character that successfully went fully “hidden.”
    • If someone is already stealthed and you’re traveling near then, or enter the area they were initially already stealthed in, you will not be notified of that player.
    • If someone uses a Nightblade ability that results in them vanishing, they will not trigger the addon’s alert unless they enter the real “hidden” state (i.e. the eye on the HUD is closed).

Lastly this addon adds a kill spam list which shows you when someone has died in your existing area of detection, and to what ability. When you first get these messages, it simply says “Someone has died to Dark Flare.” When you start to get more information on the players around you, it adds that player name to the Saved Variables file for PVPAlerts.lua, then starts to add that information into your UI while playing.

Note that in all the above examples, you are not notified of exactly where the player is. This addon does not add a little blip to your map or compass, and does not give you an overlay that points out specifically where players are. This addon is not radar, a Doppler, or any other means of giving away another player’s exact position.

We want to thank everyone for sharing your concerns with us about this addon.

That's good info to know, but this addon still puts me a little ill at ease. I believe that part of PvP should be situational awareness, and if people are entering stealth around you and you don't pick up on it yourself, it seems a bit too cheaty to be able to get info on it anyway. Same for people dying around you to, say, destruction ultimates. If you get outmaneuvered and don't see all your allies dying behind you, I don't think you should be able to get an extra warning.

I realize that the same kind of logic could be said about other addons, like buff trackers or kill counters, but I think those are things that affect you specifically, not people around you, and should frankly be part of the base game (if I recall, buff trackers actually have been added, it's just been so long since I've played without addons that I don't truly recall). The same goes with being able to track your group member's health. It's available in the base game, is exclusive to your group, and frankly when you see that dipping wildly up and down you should already know that something's going on, not need a special addon to tell you exactly what kind of push the enemy is making.

Just my thoughts as a long-time group PvPer, though I'm sure there will be some others who like the extra info.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    Except some of the best nightblades in the game don't even slot cloak.

It's breaken and weak.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak is not supposed to be a toggle to combat, it's supposed to have counter measures. NB is just 1 out of 4 classes, it's not a "I get to do what I want with impunity because I play a rogue class." It's meant to be played for the win, not handed the win by virtue of their class type.

so for what is cloak if it should work in combat? give to nb a damage shield and great heal skill instead of cloak which is not supposed to work in combat.

same I cxan say about damage shield from sorc, this should work in combat because for what? stacked they have to big power, breath of life templar is huge heal which should be to healing outside combat in break of fight between bosses, trash etc to not wait until health will regen itself + where are potions/poisons to prevent use damage shields etc?

EDIT: and please show me hot to figh as nb in duel without cloak, without any better heal and dmg shield etc against any class
    Edited by Edziu on December 16, 2016 9:59PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

At this time, we will not be taking action on accounts using this addon.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irony is that Miat himself mains a stamina nightblade.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

At this time, we will not be taking action on accounts using this addon.

Thank you for your promptness and clarity over this.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Irony is that Miat himself mains a stamina nightblade.

As helpful as this is for the gankee. It's helpful to the ganker too. Easier to spot bait and if counter-gankers are around.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But far be it to overreact just be sure to go through the loot I get in dungeons and ask me for it. Typical,
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.