Cheating and Exploits

• m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    Thats is partly due to Zenimax "DONT TELL, KEEP IT IN THE DARK" policy. We simply dont know if some people "tweak" their stats in CE or they simply are good, as the confidence towards Zenimax's anti method is at an all time low. I certainly dont shout "cheat" myself in zone but can maybe understand the frustration. So you can be mad all you want at the players but in the end its Zenimax's responsibility to provide evidence of a cheatfree enviroment. So you are wrong sorry
    [/quote]

Again, if you don't like the game you play, play somewhere else. If I don't like the service I get, I go elsewhere. It is not a matter of me being "mad" at anyone. You obviously misunderstood the point or you would not have determined that I am "mad".
    The point is Zenimax asks us to use proper channels and play by the TOS that you, and I, and everyone that plays this game agreed too. They don't have to explain how they do their job to us. READ the TOS that you agree to before you sign on...It is pretty straight forward.

If you want to make the game better comply with Zenimax's simple request - use proper channels and give them the information they need to do their job properly. NOT- Behaving like it's Mashall Law in ZONE.

No Company, game, bank, online retail, or other is going to post how many hackers it expels or intercepts. No company posts that it can guarantee your environment is cheat, hacker, mirrored, etc Free.* Not even you local bank can guarantee you that your information is 100 percent safe. ALL companies expect the consumer to share in the safety of the environment, including responsibility of like keeping your passwords safe, keeping ur pc updated etc. You get the point......Zenimax is a company like anyother.

Edited by m12d12_ESO on October 5, 2016 10:06AM
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
    Options
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    m12d12_ESO wrote: »
    Thats is partly due to Zenimax "DONT TELL, KEEP IT IN THE DARK" policy. We simply dont know if some people "tweak" their stats in CE or they simply are good, as the confidence towards Zenimax's anti method is at an all time low. I certainly dont shout "cheat" myself in zone but can maybe understand the frustration. So you can be mad all you want at the players but in the end its Zenimax's responsibility to provide evidence of a cheatfree enviroment. So you are wrong sorry
    [/quote]

Again, if you don't like the game you play play somewhere else. If I don't like the service I get, I go elsewhere. It is not a matter of me being "mad" at anyone. You obviously misunderstood the point or you would not have determined that I am "mad".

The point is Zenimax asks us to use proper channels and play by the TOS that you, and I, and everyone that plays this game agreed too. They don't have to explain how they do their job to us. READ the TOS that you agree to before you sign on...It is pretty straight forward.

[/quote]

/sigh
    Many of us love the game but not the approach the company takes towards cheating. Ofcourse we will try and influence the company to shift but you are right that in the end we might have to choose another game.

"All this yelling of cheating in zone and calling people out is getting old, even for me. I have noticed I play PVP less and less because of all the drama. I ESPECIALLY dislike the way we pick, and attack, and name call each other in zone."
    Did sound mad to but apologies if it wasnt hehe.
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Company, game, bank, online retail, or other is going to post how many hackers it expels or intercepts.

A well known company with a few games under their belt does that i know of. They are called Blizzard, with a worldwide reputation to take cheating seriously. Not only do they tell you how many got banned, they list the usernames also. I think this is great as it shows integrity and transparency to the player base. Something that Z0$ seriously lacks.

Just last week a well known user of CE, who was reported and 'banned' logged back on, after ~2 weeks. This is a disgrace and will only encourage more 3rd party cheating.

If players take the time to police a game, least the company could do was stick to there own TOS and have enough integrity to keep a permaban on a cheater. Rescinding this ban, for using 3rd party software, will simply attract more to cheating.

Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, Zenimax isn't obliged to give us explanations or proof that it's doing what we expect. We need to be adults here.

IF you believe a game is being neglected by the company that runs it, find another game to play. BUT if you want to help them, do what they ask and report with credible proof.

Though there are have been past and current cheating, PVP has gone mad with people assuming EVERYONE is cheating.

The vast majority of people playing this game don't cheat. However, because they are good players or they may use perfectly acceptable macros on a mouse or keyboard, they get accused of hard-core cheating.

All this yelling of cheating in zone and calling people out is getting old, even for me. I have noticed I play PVP less and less because of all the drama. I ESPECIALLY dislike the way we pick, and attack, and name call each other in zone.

We don't seem to care if we are wrong or right, just that we attack and accuse, mindless of how we may effect a real-persons feelings or life.

Just my 2-cents worth.

And they are. Comments like this is the source of people saying "Macros are allowed by Zos, I read it somewhere."

Well it's not.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2512949/#Comment_2512949
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Idinuse wrote:
    "You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of ‘bots’, “speed hacks”, “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, algorithm or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums)."
    ToS from Eso

Thank you for providing the quote, @Idinuse, using macros is against the terms of service. We certainly don't mind a thread being created to ask about this, but this is starting to delve into more detail than is acceptable on the forums so we are locking this thread.

Besides. The big problem isn't as much the Macro software delivered by Razer, Logitech or other manufacturers of gaming devices. The real problem is third party Macro software with advanced automation like pixel monitoring and lag handling. Either way. Macros are against the ToS and regarded as cheating, no matter if it makes your play harder (influence) or makes it easier (advantage), it's against the ToS that we all have signed and accepted.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    Besides. The big problem isn't as much the Macro software delivered by Razer, Logitech or other manufacturers of gaming devices. The real problem is third party Macro software with advanced automation like pixel monitoring and lag handling. Either way. Macros are against the ToS and regarded as cheating, no matter if it makes your play harder (influence) or makes it easier (advantage), it's against the ToS that we all have signed and accepted.

I have watched a few popular streamers and seen them using addons like craftbrewer where it will macro the making of potions. Although this gives no advantage over anyone in game, is this macro allowed? Where do you draw the line on what is and what isnt allowed i wonder )) I also dislike making potions as hitting the R button over 200 times is annoying and totally unnecessary and probably lead to RSI on my hands.

Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

I have watched a few popular streamers and seen them using addons like craftbrewer where it will macro the making of potions. Although this gives no advantage over anyone in game, is this macro allowed? Where do you draw the line on what is and what isnt allowed i wonder )) I also dislike making potions as hitting the R button over 200 times is annoying and totally unnecessary and probably lead to RSI on my hands.

Well. The ToS actually states third party software. Weather using addon LUA is considered third party software or not I don't know. But these extremes examples... Sometimes I beleive using one's intelligence is required and I'm sure Zos uses theirs in matters like this.

As to RSI side-effects of in game actions. Nothing is required nor demanded by Zos to be performed ingame, it's the player's choice. I could press the jump button 2000 times, get a blister on my thumb, and parading it in front of Zos as evidence that Macros should be allowed would do no good. Nothing in game makes it a necessity for me to press jump 2000 times in a row, nor you to press R 200 times.

Although the excellent addons that make tedious chores fast and efficient are blessings indeed. So thanks Zos for allowing that ingame.
    Edited by Idinuse on October 5, 2016 1:54PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well. The ToS actually states third party software. Weather using addon LUA is considered third party software or not I don't know. But these extremes examples... Sometimes I beleive using one's intelligence is required and I'm sure Zos uses theirs in matters like this.

As to RSI side-effects of in game actions. Nothing is required nor demanded by Zos to be performed ingame, it's the player's choice. I could press the jump button 2000 times, get a blister on my thumb, and parading it in front of Zos as evidence that Macros should be allowed would do no good. Nothing in game makes it a necessity for me to press jump 2000 times in a row, nor you to press R 200 times.

Although the excellent addons that make tedious chores fast and efficient are blessings indeed. So thanks Zos for allowing that ingame.

@ZOS_AlanG

Can you provide insight on using the addon, craftbrewer, which makes potions for you, is illegal in game?

Where does this stop on macro usage?. Another add on which picks up and drops quests from boards to enable you to get a specific quest, is this illegal in game as well? We need specific examples or a more specific definition of what is and whats not.
    Edited by KingMagaw on October 5, 2016 2:01PM
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KingMagaw addons not a macroses
    adon using API ZOS provided
    and ZOS allow this api

google Multicraft addon
    or DoItAll
    they all legal, because ZOS allowed them at first place, adding open function to craft 1000 poisons in one click for example

i dont understand how players still dont using them
    its a pain to multi-craft without addon or transfer items to bank one by one
    or many more things addons doing faster and in one click

like change all your skills in 1s or all your gear

if you know nothing about how addons works, please hold yourself from false accusations forever
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on October 5, 2016 2:20PM
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KingMagaw addons not a macroses
    adon using API ZOS provided
    and ZOS allow this api

google Multicraft addon
    or DoItAll
    they all legal, because ZOS allowed them at first place, adding open function to craft 1000 poisons in one click for example

i dont understand how players still dont using them
    its a pain to multi-craft without addon or transfer items to bank one by one
    or many more things addons doing faster and in one click

like change all your skills in 1s or all your gear

if you know nothing about how addons works, please hold yourself from false accusations forever

Accusations? Mate i asked a question to a ZOS representative. While i appreciate your reply, i will continue to await if an official can answer my question.

Additionally are you specifically stating that any addon made for ESO is legal to use in game? Has any representative from Zo$ said this or is it your personal assumption?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additionally are you specifically stating that any addon made for ESO is legal to use in game? Has any representative from Zo$ said this or is it your personal assumption?
    It's implicit by the nature of add-ons. Add-ons can only use the features that ZOS have provided for them, so they are only able to do things that are allowed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    that any addon made for ESO is legal to use in game?

OFCOURSE!
    ITS API PROVIDED BY ZOS ITSELF!

RTFM please facepalm.gif
    Options
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that any addon made for ESO is legal to use in game?

OFCOURSE!
    ITS API PROVIDED BY ZOS ITSELF!

RTFM please facepalm.gif

the guy was just asking a question
    where's the manual
    any reason for slapping him down like that, other than being antsy cos you aint had yer ESO fix today ?
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers Nestor for confirming this also, though it should be quite understandable why i wouldnt take a random players word, over a Z0$ representative. Additionally if you could direct me, to where Z0$ provided that information it would be much appreciated.

I know there was a discussion where the addon for thieves guild that takes the quest and drops it, to take again until you get the countess one, was risky, i never seen it resolved so i was always unsure ))
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_AlanG

Can you provide insight on using the addon, craftbrewer, which makes potions for you, is illegal in game?

Where does this stop on macro usage?. Another add on which picks up and drops quests from boards to enable you to get a specific quest, is this illegal in game as well? We need specific examples or a more specific definition of what is and whats not.
    There has been a previous response to this question:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2089721/#Comment_2089721

Macros and addons that allow players to automate and perform multiple actions with a single keystroke is a violation of our Terms of Service. All examples you provided do fall under automation, and as such are not allowed via our Terms of Service.
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ this is year ago unfinished conversation, and for sure ZOS representative was wrong
    because automatic addons stil lalive and still using public functions provided by ZOS

ZOS should remove API that allows TOS violation actions.
    Otherwise it's a trap for all fair players - you may use our API but we may ban you.

and another ZOS response:
    Greetings *****,
    Thank you for contacting the Elder Scrolls Online. The use of macro's is perfectly legal. There is nothing wrong with using Macros, if you have a mouse or keyboard that can be set up with macro's and you wish to use them feel free. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reply to this email.

Warm Regards, Jon
    The Elder Scrolls Support Team.
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on October 5, 2016 4:12PM
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ this is year ago unfinished conversation, and for sure ZOS representative was wrong
    because automatic addons stil lalive and still using public functions provided by ZOS
    Maybe unfinished from the perspective of those who didn't like the answer, but ZOS was very clear in their responses in that thread. The "law" is one thing, and "enforcement" of it is something else entirely. ZOS very clearly stated the "law", and said nothing about enforcement.
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    well they still didnt restrics automatic functions in their API
    so i will use addons with automatic functions

look how many downloads have MultiCraft
    more than 100k
    its a lot people to ban
    but no bans for this addon since release

so i think its safe

one word from @ZOS_MollyH is not enough, its just a moderator of forum she didnt know nothing but only TOS/EULA

if @ZOS_ChipHilseberg will say the same - i will be listen him because he is developer of ZOS responsible for every API function for addons, and he made automatic functions available for addon's authors

/end of story
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more unsure of this as time goes on, giving that there is conflicting statements being shown.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_DaryaK
    Edited by KingMagaw on October 5, 2016 4:46PM
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well they still didnt restrics automatic functions in their API
    so i will use addons with automatic functions

look how many downloads have MultiCraft
    more than 100k
    its a lot people to ban
    but no bans for this addon since release

so i think its safe

one word from @ZOS_MollyH is not enough, its just a moderator of forum she didnt know nothing but only TOS/EULA

if @ZOS_ChipHilseberg will say the same - i will be listen him because he is developer of ZOS responsible for every API function for addons, and he made automatic functions available for addon's authors

/end of story
    There were three replies from Molly over the period of a month, not just "one word".

Also, the automated addon's I've looked at the code for (including MultiCraft) haven't used a special API to do multiple things at once - they just repeatedly call the API that does it one at a time.
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    as i told - Molly was a moderator, probably she not even working with ZOS anymore
    and as i told she didnt know nothing about addons and api, she only knew TOS and her clue about what addons can do by public API is 0

so as i told i will not take her words into consideraton in this specific matter
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on October 5, 2016 4:35PM
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am more unsure of this as time goes on, giving that there is conflicting statements being shown.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_DaryaK
    Don't worry. The add-on API is designed specifically to allow add-ons to do what they do. Unless it's a bug, anything the API allows add-ons to do is legal and just fine.
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_DaryaK
    Don't worry. The add-on API is designed specifically to allow add-ons to do what they do. Unless it's a bug, anything the API allows add-ons to do is legal and just fine.

Even if it automates and performs multiple actions with a single keystroke is a violation of our Terms of Service as said by Z0$ representative above. With so many downloads of addons that currently do this, i can assume it is safe to use, but i am wondering why over the course of 3 days and linking in Zo$ employees they haven't responded, busy time for them but i see they are on forums, just neglecting to post in this cheating topic.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it really depends on what you are trying to automate. For example, something which both selects a potion quick slot, and then uses it, would be a violation, as that's combining the "Select Quickslot" action and the "Use Quickslot" action into one action. The same would go for "Swap Weapons" and "Fire Ability 3", two separate actions that should not be combined into one. But when you're using something that repeats the same action multiple times, "Craft" "Craft" "Craft", it is not a problem, as it's not multiple actions, it's a single action repeated.

That's my take, anyway.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    i must add this things:
    "Select Quickslot" action and the "Use Quickslot" action into one action. The same would go for "Swap Weapons" and "Fire Ability 3"

impossible to do by addons
    but craft_craft possible

also possible to change all gear and all skills in one click in 1 second, alot faster than manually
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i must add this things:
    "Select Quickslot" action and the "Use Quickslot" action into one action. The same would go for "Swap Weapons" and "Fire Ability 3"

impossible to do by addons
    but craft_craft possible
    Right, and this corroborates what I said above. The add-on API does not allow you to do things that would not be allowed, like combining Select/Use Quickslot or Swap/Fire 3, while it does allow you to do things that are not an issue, like fast-crafting.
    also possible to change all gear and all skills in one click in 1 second, alot faster than manually
    Yeah, and we've been calling for that to be a base UI implementation forever. And again, that example is not really a problem, as it's just repeating the "Equip" action, and it's not possible to do this in combat, where it would be an issue, due to API restrictions.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think it really depends on what you are trying to automate. For example, something which both selects a potion quick slot, and then uses it, would be a violation, as that's combining the "Select Quickslot" action and the "Use Quickslot" action into one action. The same would go for "Swap Weapons" and "Fire Ability 3", two separate actions that should not be combined into one. But when you're using something that repeats the same action multiple times, "Craft" "Craft" "Craft", it is not a problem, as it's not multiple actions, it's a single action repeated.

That's my take, anyway.

There are add-ons that allow that already. They use the F1-F6 keys.

Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ackwalan
    read again
    addons for quick slots cannot consume items
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on October 6, 2016 9:39PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

That's my take, anyway.
    There are add-ons that allow that already. They use the F1-F6 keys.
    Which one? The quickslot one or the swap & fire one?
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_DaryaK

Even if it automates and performs multiple actions with a single keystroke is a violation of our Terms of Service as said by Z0$ representative above. With so many downloads of addons that currently do this, i can assume it is safe to use, but i am wondering why over the course of 3 days and linking in Zo$ employees they haven't responded, busy time for them but i see they are on forums, just neglecting to post in this cheating topic.

The creator of Multicraft Addon explained how it worked in a response to this thread some time ago.
    The addon does not do anything automatically, nor does it perform multiple actions.
    It simply postpones the "end" command from happening until the character crafts X times.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_AlanG
    @ZOS_DaryaK

If the add-on API allows you to do it and it's not a bug, it's completely legal. That's why the add-on API is designed.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.