Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Impenetrable Trait & Item Sets

• twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    this will never happen. but would be nice to replace traits like enchants with crafting.

never going to happen, never ever.
    Edited by twistedmonk on July 25, 2016 8:58PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of crafting components as a way to actually craft a desired item set / trait. Sounds much better than "tokens" though tecnically is the same.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen needs to drop in Trials! We could have so many more cool builds for PVP based off of gear found in Trials. Right now, we are gimping ourselves running a Trial 5 piece in Cyrodiil. You can run 3 Jewely, but then you still miss out on 2 impen to get that 5 pc bonus.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
    • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
    • Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
      • Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
      • Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
    • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.

Why not Update 11? Surely it can't be that difficult to change a loot table. This is something that should've happened in Update 10, if you guys paid attention to the feedback that we gave during the Update 10 PTS. Instead, you dithered, and instead of fixing this in Update 11, you're pushing it to Update 12?

I'm sorry, but that's simply unacceptable.

Furthermore, Charged has absolutely no place in the weapons loot table. Get rid of it.

Believe it or not some people do run DoT builds. Therefore, it has a place.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Qwazz wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you mean update 11? These loot table changes would be a nice addition for the new dungeons.

No, unfortunately this isn't something we can change in time for Update 11. We're planning these changes to go in with Update 12, later this year.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Charged does not do anything for maelstrom weapons. Remove it from the drop table.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you mean update 11? These loot table changes would be a nice addition for the new dungeons.

No, unfortunately this isn't something we can change in time for Update 11. We're planning these changes to go in with Update 12, later this year.

Does Update 12 will be Vvardenfell? ;)
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically there is absolutely no way to get the new monster helm/shoulders in impen unless the vendor happens to RNG it for the week. And that's only if it's been added to the vendor drop list.

I have no idea why these changes are being put off for another few months. I'm baffled by some of these decisions.

Edited by Synozeer on July 25, 2016 9:17PM
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You must be kidding that this change is complicated, right? If it is really complicated, somebody should ask what kind of programmers works in ZoS?
    Because I can!
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

You must be kidding that this change is complicated, right? If it is really complicated, somebody should ask what kind of programmers works in ZoS?

None. It's rent-a-coders...
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply........can I get a re-roll on my 3 training and 4 prosperous vicious ophidian pieces please lol? :)
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
    • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
    • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.

While a definite step in the right direction, leaving it exclusive to trials is a mistake. As has been said many times, prosperous and training are not viable traits for end game characters. Grinding dungeons for undaunted sets, WGT and ICP for various item sets, and farming vMSA are all end game activities, and therefore should be appropriately rewarding. A training Molag Kena helm is not an appropriate reward.

Furthermore, while adding impenetrable to the loot table is a positive for PvP perspective, from the PvE perspective impenetrable is on par with prosperous and training in terms of desirability. In other words, by adding another trait the chances for me to get an infused or divines (i.e. desireable) spell power cure hat for my healer just went down.

I understand that dungeons may also be run for the sake of leveling, and many people not at end game run dungeons as well which is what I imagine must be the justification for not extending this change beyond trials. So I propose 2 possible compromises:

1. Extend this change to all veteran dungeons while leaving normal dungeons as they are.
    Or
    2. Extend this change to vWGT, vICP, and vMSA, as well as any additional DLC dungeons

Either of the proposed would grant PvPers the chance at impen gear, while decreasing the number of possible traits overall, resulting in higher chances of PvEers getting the trait that their after, while still allowing lowbies a means to acquire the traits that are targeted specifically at them.

Everyone benefits
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it hard to believe that changing a loot table is this difficult. If you can't get it in for Update 11, at least try to get it in for an incremental update a week or two after Update 11. Update 12 is unacceptable, period.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so we're clear, I'm not upset at you specifically. I am a firm believer in not shooting the messenger and I can only imagine what you put up with on a day-to-day basis. Also, henceforth, "you" will be ZOS.

But how can this change not be implemented for another three months? Is it simply not something you can put in an incremental patch, or is it something you're going to advertise as part of the base-game patch? If the former, I'm curious, and if the latter, I'm disappointed.

Effectively a six-month turnaround on traits barely anyone asked for being added to the loot table (although making drops more numerous was definitely appreciated) is really frustrating. At this point, I don't even know if I want to farm the new dungeons for the gear sets if I know Prosperous and Training are still going to pollute my drops. And I really love running dungeons. I hope the higher-ups still have people like me and many others in mind.

That being said, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , thanks for letting us know about this. I hope the decisions you guys are making in regards to trait drops can be more tailored to what people have been saying they want (e.g. WGT and ICP sets also with Prosperous/Training). Have a good evening (:
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry but who actually wants ophidian and Aether in pvp / impen? Ophidian is one serious way to gimp yourself in pvp regardless of trait, or has pvp changed and everyone wants crit now?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but who actually wants ophidian and Aether in pvp / impen? Ophidian is one serious way to gimp yourself in pvp regardless of trait, or has pvp changed and everyone wants crit now?

There are other sets that drop in trials. Dreugh King Slayer and Skirmisher are both very popular with the PvP crowd.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

There are other sets that drop in trials. Dreugh King Slayer and Skirmisher are both very popular with the PvP crowd.

Very true. Would be nice to see these with impen, though, I don't mind skirmisher in well fitted lol....
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Unbelievable really @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom (Someone link me Wrobel @ name please) can we have some clarification of your justifications for not including impenetrable to the trials loot table please?

It is evident from almost everybody, bar a few, who took the effort to comment in this thread that it is an integral trait for PvP and the addition to the loot tables would open up numerous of unique builds opportunities for people to have fun with in PvP, more so than these sets would be used for in PvE considering its min/max approach. I simply want some form of clarification as to why the majority are ignored in this regard and therefore half the player base segregated and also excluded from these drops in a desirable trait for their aspect of the game? Like really? Especially given the time in which these will even be released lol, so it can not be an issue of time, or you are incredibly understaffed or just simply devote your time elsewhere.

This was such an exciting prospect for PvP players to have more options and more love from the developers from the game, weathering the lags, the bugs, the waits for anything substantial PvP related with Battlegrounds and Arenas even further away. So please enlighten us the driving force for this decision?

To think when reading this I was disappointed that it would not be coming next patch and therefore not being able to use the new trial sets in a competitive/optimal set up for PvP, but now to read that this wish from literally the WHOLE PvP community of this game on the forums has simply been disregarded in your decision making. Is it just that you don't read the comments on your official feedback thread? That the minority take the vote? That literally I see 3, 4 people commenting against impenetrable being added to trials loot tables in comparison to the 100's commenting how exciting and straight forward approach this would be.

Please if you're going to make these big decisions on the the future of the game, at least make it clear to us that our opinions are irrelevant. Would make it probably a little less disappointing than every patch hearing the developers of this game, in this case, talking to you Finn and Wrobel, please enlighten us as to why you simply neglect this so much. Never seen such neglecting and negligence from developers of a game to its community as vile as this one, not even sure why I even still play this game and expect any less at this point. Incredibly disappointing.
    Edited by Grumble_and_Grunt on July 25, 2016 9:56PM
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about monster shoulders? Will the keys have a chance of dropping impenetrable as well?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »
    Charged does not do anything for maelstrom weapons. Remove it from the drop table.
    Yes it does. It makes players die a little inside while they run for their next weapon and get 10+ rings in a row!
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Please change the traits on the elite pvp vendor, if not all at least on heavy armor. I would really like to have the bastion of the heartland set in full impenetrable. It's a pvp set there is no reason for it have other traits much less several different ones spread out on each item.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

add crappy traits to loot table nobody ever requested
    remove crappy traits everyone requested after half year
    "we listen to players suggestions"
    PC EU

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The better question is do YOU know how much work it'd take to do this without a hitch across MULTIPLE Dungeons and Trials easily numbering 2 dozen+? Not something that can be done in a week...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 25, 2016 11:14PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The better question is do YOU know how much work it'd take to do this without a hitch across MULTIPLE Dungeons and Trials easily numbering 2 dozen+? Not something that can be done in a week...

Yep, you are right they need 3 months for this :smile:
    Because I can!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they upgraded all the old PVP sets within a week am pretty sure they could do this.Not to mentioned they should remove Training and prosperous from just about everything that can be considered End game content because expect for one person no one wants it.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol....if they rushed it for update 11 and it caused some other problem, then the same people would complain that they rushed it lmao
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ipomoea wrote: »

Lol....if they rushed it for update 11 and it caused some other problem, then the same people would complain that they rushed it lmao

I know right? :D
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 25, 2016 11:46PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't understand how you set your priorities. You guys completely fail at understanding and collaborating with your community.
    2/10 for trying though.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wollust Ikr asks for feedback, gets feedback, ignores feedback...Quality community engagement!
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    I am by no means a min/maxer so what I say will probably be met with less than great ...(whatever can't think of the word).

To put training on cp150 or cp160 gear has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I guess there are circumstances that one would want that, but over 95% more than likely don't want that.

As for prosperous, again it may have benefit on certain sets, but most items with this trait is really not logical. Shadow Dancer (or whatever the one is that reduces detection radius) set is the only set I can think of that this set would be useful so you can loot lockboxes. Other than that it is another useless trait on high end set pieces.

What I would like is to leave them all the way it is now, but add one thing; BEING ABLE TO CHANGE THE TRAIT. The crafting would have to have the appropriate level and then add like 5 or 10 gems of the new trait to change it. I would also add original crafting material to the recipe also like this; Green Item 40% of crafting material - Blue 50% - Purple 60% - Yellow 75%. Or something to that effect

Although I also, think maxed gear (cp160) needs to much of the item to craft. That should be 50-65% of what is needed now imho
    Edited by ShadowscaleSithis on July 26, 2016 4:10AM