The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Impenetrable Trait & Item Sets

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When is Nirnhoned joining the fray? Also when will Nirncrux be more widespread? Seriously why do we still HAVE Nirnhoned?!

Also why isn't Impenetrable in those tables?

We're working on some things for One Tamriel and Update 12 that will make Nirnhoned and Nirncrux more readily available than it is now. We'll share specifics after we put out the official Update 12 announcement.

We are not adding Impenetrable to the Trait loot tables at this time. We don't want to make our PVP community feel forced to run Trials – our most difficult PVE content – in order to remain competitive in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.

Then why do you add sets that are objectively most useful for PVP to trials? Impen needs to drop from everrywhere and prosperous/training from crafting only.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on July 26, 2016 6:57PM
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    When is Nirnhoned joining the fray? Also when will Nirncrux be more widespread? Seriously why do we still HAVE Nirnhoned?!

We're working on some things for One Tamriel and Update 12 that will make Nirnhoned and Nirncrux more readily available than it is now. We'll share specifics after we put out the official Update 12 announcement.

We are not adding Impenetrable to the Trait loot tables at this time. We don't want to make our PVP community feel forced to run Trials – our most difficult PVE content – in order to remain competitive in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.

Then why do you add sets that are objectively most useful for PVP to trials? Impen needs to drop from everrywhere and prosperous/training from crafting only.
    What sets, enlighten me. Cause from what I see trials sets have useless set bonuses like crit and minor slayer.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Footfalls wrote: »

What sets, enlighten me. Cause from what I see trials sets have useless set bonuses like crit and minor slayer.

Twilight Remedy (I don't know of any PVE healers using it but it could be interesting for a PVP healer), Dragon Guard and Warlock come to mind immediately, most likely Silks of the Sun as well.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on July 26, 2016 7:19PM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove prosperous and training, at least from cp 160 drops!

This ^^
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Twilight Remedy (I don't know of any PVE healers using it but it could be interesting for a PVP healer), Dragon Guard and Warlock come to mind immediately, most likely Silks of the Sun as well.

But issue is more people would rather never have impen than see it drop. Esp on some trial sets. Look at the work that goes into completing vMoL. Do you know how pissed some people would be to get twilight drop in impen? The most useless set for that trait. No thanks.

Dungeon sets yes fine but not trial sets. PVP wants it's own separate universe...this is ours please keep out of interfering with it. You got your monster vendor and leave it at that.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP wants it's own separate universe...this is ours please keep out of interfering with it. You got your monster vendor and leave it at that.
    Congratulations @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. You (and by you I mean ZOS) have just validated these players who want nothing more than keeping other players away from "their" fun. Keep building them walls, you're doing a terrific job.
  • Noobslayer3255
    Noobslayer3255
    ✭✭✭

skirmisher, dreugh king slayer, vipers sting...
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But issue is more people would rather never have impen than see it drop. Esp on some trial sets. Look at the work that goes into completing vMoL. Do you know how pissed some people would be to get twilight drop in impen? The most useless set for that trait. No thanks.

Dungeon sets yes fine but not trial sets. PVP wants it's own separate universe...this is ours please keep out of interfering with it. You got your monster vendor and leave it at that.

Impen on trials gear is amazing because it means money. I do end game raiding and I take impen anytime on all sets because it will mean that my raiding is gonna make me a lot of money.
    There is no need to make the trial specific gear like Aether and such impen, but any other set dropping from trials should be impen.

And who says PvP wants its own universe? You? A salty PvE only guy who can't stand doing another part of the game? There is actually a lot of people who enjoy doing both, so get outta here with that separating toxic crap talk.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

Impen on trials gear is amazing because it means money. I do end game raiding and I take impen anytime on all sets because it will mean that my raiding is gonna make me a lot of money.
    There is no need to make the trial specific gear like Aether and such impen, but any other set dropping from trials should be impen.

And who says PvP wants its own universe? You? A salty PvE only guy who can't stand doing another part of the game? There is actually a lot of people who enjoy doing both, so get outta here with that separating toxic crap talk.

Quote all of them crying about running dungeons to get Kena helmets. .. that went on for almost a year until they got the vendor.... end of. No salt from me but there is no pleasing them....don't want to run content one minute but oh wait they will so long as zos change the traits and add it in for them and annoy the people that always wanted to run content and had no issues.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL it's not just armor traits that are messed up. Your whole loot table is messed up just like cyrodiil with your lag. Why do people keep giving money to these terrible devs? They have zero clue what they are doing.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is probably the most ignorant statement I have ever seen on these forums.

1. You dont need to complete vMoL to complete a Twilight set, you can do normal or the first bosses of vet.
    2. If you read the responses to this thread, it becomes evident that more people actually want to see impen drop than not.
    3. Who said PVP wants their own seperate universe? The whole point of this was to say that PVP'rs want some of this gear too and then TINY trials community would actually see a bit of a boost if we could obtain gear that is actually useful.
    Quote all of them crying about running dungeons to get Kena helmets. .. that went on for almost a year until they got the vendor.... end of. No salt from me but there is no pleasing them....don't want to run content one minute but oh wait they will so long as zos change the traits and add it in for them and annoy the people that always wanted to run content and had no issues.

Not that many people were complaining about WGT, most people were perfectly satisfied with using a shoulder and 2 piece Kena was never very widely used in PVP, but great job at making up history! And again there would be no complaints about doing this content if we could get our desired trait. Explain to me why you should get your desired trait but we can't have ours. And like mentioned before, impen would probably be the most valuable drops for trad-able gear because there are PVP'rs who want those sets but don't want to PVE, its a win/win.

BTW, WGT had only been out for like 6 or 7 months when the vendor came out and is still less than 1 year old.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on July 26, 2016 10:35PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nonsense.

These days, I spend the vast majority of my time in PvE trials. First, the drops are plentiful. Between all the runs that I do, the weeklies that I place on, etc., getting full sets of everything really isn't that hard, esp. since there is no longer any loot cooldown.

And as someone who basically lives in PvE trials, I definitely want the BoE trials gear--Ebon, Worm, Skirmisher, Sun, etc.--to be available in Impenetrable. The BoP sets are iffier, but I would like VO in Impen (I use VO in IC/IS) and Eternal Yokeda looks like it could be fun for a PvP tank build. Because while I do spend the vast majority of my time in PvE, I do venture out into PvP now and then for a change of pace, and I'd very much like to be able to gear up using what I earned in PvE.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    I hope this means Tel Var sets will come in sturdy now also?
    If that is true, then this is wonderful news indeed.

We need to check with the Itemization & PVP teams about this – we’ll let you know next week.

daemonios wrote: »
    Is there any word on possibly adding a token system to deal with particularly bad luck denying us certain sets in our preferred traits?

Not at this time, but the ability to trade bind-on-pickup items with group members that is coming out with Update 11 should help ease streaks of bad luck with item drops.

Ummm...

you know we can buy most of the loot that would be useful in PvP since its BoE right?

Also..you could save yourself a whole lot of hassle by just adding a Gem sold by a merchant in PvP that converts whatever trait you have on an item into Impen....Sell it for AP..

There now you've added a reason to do dungeons/trials if you want, and an AP sink at the same time.

*** put it in Imperial City and you could make money off selling that DLC
  • Noobslayer3255
    Noobslayer3255
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Also..you could save yourself a whole lot of hassle by just adding a Gem sold by a merchant in PvP that converts whatever trait you have on an item into Impen....Sell it for AP..

There now you've added a reason to do dungeons/trials if you want, and an AP sink at the same time.

*** put it in Imperial City and you could make money off selling that DLC

plz hire this man ZoS
  • shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    both traits should be removed from endgame gear (cp 160) dropped sets and PVP vendor sets -training is not needed really most endgame players have trained up there skills they want and mostly working on endgame gear, on the odd occasion some one might want to train up another skill line but with the option to craft a item with training is sufficient enough as most people equipped the item with the training trait and just kill mobs in pve till they level it up

Prosperous trait should be removed from Dropped and PVP vendor sets mainly PVP as there is no way to earn gold from killing players unless handing in bounty's or running in Cyrodiil dungeons but most people who play PVP usually just kill each other (it could be used in imperial city tho for sewer farming) - (another discussion i had with peeps) but personally i think it should be removed or sided with another trait so you could have the gold gain but have like a def or att trait too
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you please have someone come in here and explain to us why this won't be available with update 11?
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't say I agree with the logic of "Don't complain you got an Impen Piece Mr PvEr, just sell it", since half the drops are BoP and only the Trial team that gets it will be able to trade it amongst themselves... so if there's no PvPers among then, the market remains a big fat zero and the trait remains pretty useless a drop. BoE items at least if they came in Impen, you have a huge amount of potential buyers... not 11 other players.

Personally getting a top-tier Bound PvE set from a Vet Trial, and it dropping in Impen for me would be sort of insulting: top tier PvE shouldn't be riddled with PvP-centric drops. ZOS has to be getting some data that agrees since that's why they're excluding Trials from Impen in the future: mind you I'm only opposed to Bound items not being Impen, BoE you can sell to anyone at least regardless of trait.

This guy has the right idea, Impen doesn't need to drop on anything if you can just convert anything to Impen for like 1k AP each. PvP for PvP Trait, not killing PvE mobs and polluting the PvE loot table with a trait that is only desirable for PvP purposes. Or heck, just make Impen have a better PvE component.
    Edited by Transairion on July 27, 2016 1:16PM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add non impenetrable to purchasable pvp sets (ie black rose, ravagers, etc) to make them effective for pve.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Add non impenetrable to purchasable pvp sets (ie black rose, ravagers, etc) to make them effective for pve.

You can acquire them from the bags. ZoS just need to add sturdy to the loot table of the bags.
    Because I can!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so some reasoning for not adding impen to trials gear is so that pvp players don't feel forced to run trials, when some of the gear that drops is desirable for pvp more so than pve.... Seriously? You can't tell me no one at zos thought that was a dumb idea.

rip decibel
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all the PVE'rs who think impen drops will be useless to you, remember that impen Warlock/Sun/Dragon Guard etc.. will be gold mines to sell to PVP'rs who are not interested in doing the PVE content themselves. Not to mention it will make finding groups for PVE content easier when some of those people would rather farm it themselves.

This could work in the reverse as well. PvE'rs that want to try PvP could be out there in cyrodiil with Impen gear. Gears sets that set them apart, because they are from trials and such. More meat for the grinder! Half the fun of this game is trying out new set combos and seeing how it goes.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote impen for all dungeons and trials as a valid trait and I like both pve and pvp, and this trait could help a lot the commerce.
    VOTE YES FOR IMPEN ! ;)
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bashev oh so I have the unbridled joy of rng bags to see what garbage traits I get. What fun.
    Thx for the info tho.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We need to check with the Itemization & PVP teams about this – we’ll let you know next week.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get info about TV sets like Black Rose, etc. coming with sturdy trait before next dlc launch please.
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »

Currently warhorn, a PvP skill, is the most critical thing in the game for competitive PvE. If this justification is a real thing, maybe you should remove warhorn and vigor from the alliance war section. That way PvErs are not forced to PvP to be competitive. This is not a very smart approach to balancing the loot tables, but if this is your approach, it needs to go both ways.

It's not like its super hard to get those skills lol.

But that wasn't exactly the point of his post now was it? They can't have the argument both ways.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    Wollust wrote: »
    Best idea and good compromise for everyone
    Remove prosperous and training and add impen.

Everyone wins.

+1

+2

+3
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • HELLB0UNDH0UND
    d8rmir wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    Is there any word on possibly adding a token system to deal with particularly bad luck denying us certain sets in our preferred traits?

Not at this time, but the ability to trade bind-on-pickup items with group members that is coming out with Update 11 should help ease streaks of bad luck with item drops.

I don't really see how this is going to help players getting the maelstrom weapons they need....

@daemonios vMA will be guaranteed drops after this patch, so it'll be much easier to get the weapon/trait you're looking for.
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
    • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
    • Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
      • Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
      • Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
    • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.

Does this mean the sets that drop in dungeons will have a chance to drop in prosperous and training? If so, the changes are irrelevant, as players are still going to be getting gear with completely useless traits. Also, I predict Charged and Decisive to be the new Prosperous and Training.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't want to make our PVP community feel forced to run Trials – our most difficult PVE content – in order to remain competitive in Cyrodiil and Imperial City

The sentiment is greatly appreciated! One thing that initially drew me to ESO was that I could focus entirely on PVP and not feel gimped, it's glad to see you guys are trying to keep it the same. That being said, Maelstrom and Master's weapons come/will soon come from the most difficult PVE content, and they're a game changer in Cyrodiil. In the past you guys had made it to where the top players in a campaign were able to get Master's weapons; can we see a return of this soon?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    Would it make sense to make the Training trait where one of the perks is it scales to your characters level?

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.