The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rich Lambert, I'm calling you out...

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    I thought this thread was going to be about important game fixes but nope. This thread would had gotten locked by the tittle alone.

Calling someone out isn't ALWAYS for negative reasons ;)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a way this thread showed the human side of the lead game designer - and that he is really passionate about the game and plays it himself as well. I found it pretty interesting, that he was actually the guy who nagged Todd Howard over and over again about that TES should be an MMO - so this explains in a way, why he is lead game designer - it is due to his passion.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaults of Madness... it was the first dungeon I ever worked on. (I was the dungeon team lead waaaaayyyy back when)
    The last boss of that Dungeon has the BEST spell among ANY boss I've seen so far, including the two new one on PTS. That freacking GLASSWORK!!! I always ask players to not do much DPS on that fight, so we can enjoy the two "special" phase. That boss need to be boosted in health, seriously, if no one say anything players bypass that splendid attacks and it's one of the best things the game has. Please, buff that boss! The world need MOAR shattering Glassworks!

Orsinium currently... though there's some internal stuff we're working on that is shaping up to replace that. :)
    It's my favourite zone too! My boyfriend is Norvegien, and so I'm really fond of that kind of landscapes in real life too!
    Hew'sBane is really good too, though, in a different style!

If I had to choose just one... probably the Drake of Blades.

It's a though question. There is many character that I've encountered and that I like. For example, I really enjoyed to choose my date in the Thieves Guild DLC. That was such a COOL idea. I choose Silver-Claw, as my character is a Khajiit, and Silver-Claw is really adorable (Love the voice actor. He also play Marad in WOW-Warlords). My boyfriend choose Quen.
    But I think my BIG CRUSH, was King Kurog! I really felt so inspired by his dream. I belived in him! I reall had that feel of "I'm going to follow that king and die for him and his cause on the battlefield". I bet you guess how I felt as the story progress!!
    And of course, Daren Gauthier!

Edited by Elloa on July 9, 2016 9:37AM
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    ...To ask you those questions you want us to ask ;) So here's a few from me, @ZOS_RichLambert :

1. Have you ever just gone somewhere and helped some random lowbie out on your characters you play just for the hell of it?
    Yep, all the time. I don't just lurk on the forums you know... :)

It's also tons of fun to run dungeons via LFG. I generally like to tell folks its my first time running a dungeon just to get them to explain mechanics to me. A large majority of the time the group is super welcoming and supportive which is awesome!
    3. Do you only play on PC or do you play live on Consoles as well? Just wondering because it may blow console players' minds to think they may have played alongside you and not known it :p
    I play on PC and Console, though PC gets the vast majority of my play time. (Side note Matt Firor is a console nut and spends the majority of his time playing there)
    5. As a player, not a dev, what is your most memorable moment in-game? If it's hard to peg one down you could name a few :)
    Most memorable moments in-game:
    • Logging into ESO for the very first time on launch day. Seeing the huge crush of people running around the world was amazing.
    • (Spoiler) Finally being able to defeat Molag Bal. He was pretty tough at launch and pushing through that to defeat him was pretty satisftying.
    • Completing Veteran Maelstrom Arena on my live character for the first time.

People can actually run in the game? I'm astonished cause all I get are loading screens... -Ps4 user...
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert You seem to know your sfuff with ESO. But can you ride your bike with no handlebars?
    :expressionless:
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    Are the any plans to introduce vet versions of the other dungeons? Not like in WGT and ICP where it's the same story whether it's on vet or normal but continuations of the story from the normal version and new bosses/mechanics
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    What is your AvA rank?

I'm only 9... I tend to get really angry in PVP when I get owned as badly as I do. We do have a bunch of Rank 20+ devs though.

well, this might explain a few things.

@ZOS_RichLambert would you mind telling us what the pvp rank of the Wrobler is?

Furthermore, do you enjoy pvp in its current state? and are you playing pvp during prime time on the most populated campaign?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many cool people working at this company. :)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    You had an absolutely awesome interview recently. Loved watching that!

Also, don't hesitate to push out a Veteran version of any of the "Normal-only" dungeons! I'm so excited for them I literally added their respective monster sets to my motif thread! :)
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Do you or any other devs gift yourselves items or is there any special dev only items like the Axe of Awesomeness that grants 1 million weapon damage?

It would be funny if the devs could wear the Akatosh armor from the main quest in Cyrodiil and roflstomp everyone. :p
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is your favorite monster set for PvP.

Edited by Armitas on July 9, 2016 12:53PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally glued to this thread.... ☺️
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    It would be funny if the devs could wear the Akatosh armor from the main quest in Cyrodiil and roflstomp everyone. :p

I wish we could get that Akatosh armor as costume for a reward for finishing the main quest =(
    PC/EU DC
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Possibly the most enjoyable threads I've read on this site.
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you play MTG and, if so, would you like to have a game or two of playing Legacy format? I use Cockatrice.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 9, 2016 3:12PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    1.if you could pick one dungeon to go back and do a vet story mode for of the ones that don't have one what would it be?
    Probably Vaults of Madness. I love that enviornment and storyline.
    2.do you have a current favorite armor set?
    Currently? I'm wearing a crafted Julianos set that made myself. There's new sets in the works though that are pretty cool. :)
    3.what sets does your main use?
    Oops answered this above heh. (Julianos, with Engine guardian helm/shoulders, 2 Torags swords and a Maelstrom Resto staff)
    4.whats your favorite dungeon helm/shoulder set?
    Currently Engine Guardian. (Dwemer look is awesome!)
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert You seem to know your sfuff with ESO. But can you ride your bike with no handlebars?
    :expressionless:

Flobots?
    Rich Lambert
    Staff Post
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert - If you could add one new class to ESO, what would it be?

Also any plans to add new weapon types? It would be really cool to have a 1h + spell type like in other TES. Something with heavy CC and support capabilities built-in.

Thanks for chatting with us. :)
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 9, 2016 3:22PM
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a favorite motif or mashup? Y'know, "Fashion Scrolls Online."

I personally prefer

Thieves Guild Helm
    Akaviri Pauldrons
    Breton Cuirass
    Mercenary Girdle
    Thieves Guild Gauntlets
    Thieves Guild Greaves
    Thieves Guild Sabatons

Gives a half-armor vibe fit for a war priest/paladin.

But perhaps we should turn the tables? What questions do you have for us?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Do you or any other devs gift yourselves items or is there any special dev only items like the Axe of Awesomeness that grants 1 million weapon damage?

There have been days where I wish I could. Our accounts on live are regular player accounts, we have no GM or Dev powers at all.

We also have very strict rules against doing that kind of stuff and if broken, you lose your job. No ifs, ands or buts.
    Rich Lambert
    Staff Post
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Why would they want to do that - there is nothing more boring than being invincible.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Why would they want to do that - there is nothing more boring than being invincible.

Except for those first five minutes of being drunk on power and maniacal laughter.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey rich. When ya gonna fix your busted game?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 9, 2016 5:19PM
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Had you been creative director from the begining of developement what would you have done differently?? What would you have not added to the base game vs something you would have seen added?
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

What is your main called?
    & do you have any funny character names?

I just started an imperial StamPlar called Non Sum Medicus (Latin)

• zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about favorite addons. Or addons you would love to see as part of the base game.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Hey rich. When ya gonna fix your busted game?

You know you don't have to be here right?
    Rich Lambert
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    @ZOS_RichLambert

What is your main called?
    & do you have any funny character names?
    I'll get found out at some point. For now I'm going to keep a low profile and lurk in game. :)
    Rich Lambert
    Staff Post
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

There have been days where I wish I could. Our accounts on live are regular player accounts, we have no GM or Dev powers at all.

We also have very strict rules against doing that kind of stuff and if broken, you lose your job. No ifs, ands or buts.

You know, I'm sure I seen @Wrobel do this, he should definitely lose his job, no ifs or buts!

On a serious note, what's your favourite ultimate?
    Edited by psychotic13 on July 9, 2016 6:01PM
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    How about favorite addons. Or addons you would love to see as part of the base game.
    There are a ton of really great addons out there and I'm always trying out new ones to see what folks have come up with. A few of the addons I use currently off the top of my head:
    • Inventory Grid View
    • Dustman
    • Potion Maker
    • Research Assistant
    Rich Lambert
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.