The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Champion point effectiveness is just suppressed there. I don't think it will make you remake gear specifically for that.

I presume and I hope this too. Thanks. :)
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    _Chaos wrote: »
    Prox was the only single target burst I had as mDK :'(
    It had to be timed just right with deep breath, meteor, and fossilize.

Dang.

That's a class specific problem. Magicka detonation was way too high burst for other classes who have other burst abilities available to combine with it.

Definitely! I do totally agree with it, it's just too bad that they gave mDK the shaft yet again.
    We're the only class that hasn't had QQ on the forums since 1.6 :'(
    Our damage output is pitiful. They took away the execute with molten, and now they took away a chunk of my "execute burst" if you will.

I'm sad, someone hold me.
    'Chaos
    Options
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PVE endgame magicka sorc, i'm saddened with shield reduction timer.

In SO, i'm usually a part of 'poison magnet' group, and previously i was able to dps and shield properly at the same time. With a 100 points in bastion, my shields always lasted more than 6 seconds. Now i'll be doing way less dps because of constant shield reapplication.

Also, i know that i'm not going to pvp on that char anymore. My sorc is way less defensive than my magicka templar due self heals of templar class (please don't even mention a pet build, it's a joke with vicious death set and current 'stand in the stupid' mechanic). With this shield reduction and no viable self-heals we are easy prey for anyone. I should say i was intimidated to pvp as a sorc before, now i will not even attempt to do it.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
    Options
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this has been mentioned but I've missed it: Regarding slotting poisons. you get one slot for a poison per bar. However for DW (and I suspect Sword/board) it removed the enchant from both weapons rather than just 1 of the slotted weapons. That really should be adjusted given you cannot stack the poison dot. We shouldn't be penalized for going DW and not getting the other glyph benefit. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC/NA

Options
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reaĺly like the update overall, many things got fixed almost exactly the same way I expected them to be. But what really does bug me is DK changes. When I first heard Gina mention poison damage I thought it was a joke. That fix is simply not elegant, turning really cool skills into basically funny vomit-like skills. I'd expect CP system change in place of this overly simple solution, or something like increasing base damage for the skill, considering that stam DK isn't going to put a lot of points into elemental damage anyway it's going to be a balanced enough (searing strike and fire breath I mean). It was decently strong even without any points into Elemental Expert. What's next, Sea of Vomit instead of Standart of Might? I even had to finally register on the forum to express this opinion of mine. Generally I'd really like to praise most of the decisions, cool ideas with heavy armor and Fighters Guild. Templars are getting a little op, not too bad, I personally like it because my second character is a templar, not sure about the other people though.
    I have a question about a change in the Nirnhoned armor trait: "now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value" so it basically replaces Reinforced now? Doesn't seem too right.
    Also I'm afraid I have to say that Uppercut and Power Bash changes are lazy and are basically made useless. Everyone is simply going to use Dizzying Swing now, cause that what skill is about - it's a stun, not just another form of a heavy attack. I suggest lowering the base damage by 20% so the old forms of Uppercut are still both useful and not too unfair. Nobody's gonna use Power Bash because there are more reliable sources of dps in a form of Pierce Armor and Low Slash. Here's the same issue - Power Bash is a necessary form of close combat CC that SnB would lack without it. My suggestion - just change the stun animation so it's easy to break out of.
    Anyways, great job on the update and I hope you listen to the players.
    Options
  • AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    These are the personalities that are featured on the PTS

1. Assassin

2. Bracing Wind

3. Bound

4. Drunk

5. Torch ... TORCH! OMFG this is literally like my dream come true for this game. seriously though. i love this game. someone tell ZOS i love them too
    Edited by AdAstra on April 27, 2016 5:39PM
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tarrin wrote: »
    Wow wow! Easy!

Physical based ultimates, stamina scaled bone shield with any type of damage.

etc etc.

mimimi

I'll admit I have not run out all the numbers but it's still seems like a nerf to me. Fire has a 3 sec DOT while poison runs for 12 sec. If the do the same damage that means in the first 3 sec poison would only do 25% of the damage of fire. And really, who only does this type of attack every 12 sec? So much of that DOT is just lost. As I said, I have not run all the numbers but it's going to take a heck of a buff to make up for only doing 25% damage.
    Edited by ContraTempo on April 27, 2016 7:51PM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    With these damage shields Ive seen sorcs pull an entire dungeon of mobs onto themselves then just spam AOEs while not being hurt at all. Sorry but that was too OP and that doesnt even include PVP. Pretty sure thats not what they intended with those damage shields.

And I've seen nightblades, templars, and dragonknights do the exact same thing in every dungeon and in pvp. Guys, sorc shields are not some magic invincibility button. Sorcs get killed all the time in pve and pvp, and 50k shields can get drained inside of a second in VMA. It is insanely rare for me to encounter a sorc who just can't be defeated and deals this massive damage you speak of.

I kill sorcs all the time, my guild kills sorcs all the time, I'm a reasonably good sorc and good players can kill me (I have seen 18k WB in my death recap which I assume came from 0 shield damage resistance). And again, the 6s nerf does not stop sorcs from absorbing insane amounts of damage. All it does is make us nightblade bait, which they have enough of right now.

Sorry but I only see sorcs doing this. Not saying they cant be killed but they sure dont seem to take damage from mobs in dungeons. Noone else has that kind of damage mitigation mixed with high aoe dps.
    Options
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Is it fair to say that at level 1 Vampirism provides no bonuses and are for most intense and purposes a standard member of that race. However you act as if you are undead for the purpose of bonus damage against undead.

This seems to make level 1 somewhere between pointless and bad. Should there not be some trade off in passive skills to make it so the extra damage done from certain undead bonus damage skills is a trade off for some passive advantageous skill even at level 1. Or that you count as mortal at level 1 and suffer no undead penalties.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theshebz wrote: »
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.

lmfao!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I have a concern regarding Maelstrom weapons and their "special" enchant and the new changes to weapon enchant that are in this patch.

The new gold weapon power glyph are clocking in at 348 increased power for 5 seconds. I'm not entirely sure of the uptime on these enchants but due to these numbers increasing by such a drastic amount I think Maelstrom Weapon enchants should be reconsidered as well.

As it stands a Maelstrom Destro Staff increases Spell damage passively by 198. And has a "special" enchant, this enchant is rarely being used in a PvP atmosphere and only very selectively in PvE environments.

I feel that a crafted staff with the spell power enchant pretty substantially outperforms the Maelstrom staff, having 150 more spell damage with it when procced and being able to be created in the desired trait WITH a desired set piece bonus.

I feel like it would be fair to have it's special enchant "suppressed" with another glyph enchant just like poisons are currently working while maintaining it's stat bonus increase. Or if that's not possible just have the new glyph enchant replace just the special enchant entirely while maintaining it's stat bonus.

You could even work in these stat bonuses as a 1 piece set bonus to make all of these transitions even easier on coding...

It is my firm belief that the way it is currently setup on PTS there is no reason to run Maelstrom weapons in virtually any build considering weapon enchants received such a massive buff.

Also can we please reconsider the 3% spell crit on the resto staff, its rather embarrassing when stacked up against other weapon enchants now.

Maelstrom is suppose to be a great challenge with a great reward, as it stands I see no reason to run it when the weapons would be subpar compared to crafted weapons post patch.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did I hear "bonus on poison and disease dmg to the lizards"?
    Edited by Xvorg on April 27, 2016 9:41PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the FG changes, my only gripe is that Silver Leash should pull the target to you. If the target is CC immune, then the second activation should rip the barb out of them, dealing damage and applying a bleed.

Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Nope. No class got bonus in poison damage.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

Nope. No class got bonus in poison damage.

Didn't one of the DK's ardent flame passives get changed to do that somewhat?
    Options
  • LordSidious
    LordSidious
    ✭✭✭
    I need to start a 'Sorcerer Struggles Awareness' campaign so everyone can know how ridiculous this patch is to sorcerers. You should just go full force and not allow us any shields since 6 seconds is absurd, why stop there -_-
    Admiral of the Salty Swordsmen
    "A man of the seas and I captain I be, 'ole Pinkbeard, a many booty I please."

Xbox One NA - Aldmeri Dominion
    Gamertag: Bogeh
    Options
  • Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    Hi guys!
    Would it be feasible to include a crafting option to change the trait of your weapon/armour pieces provided you have the correct trait gem and perhaps some refined materials? A lot of the traits have changed significantly in their usefulness to certain builds, the cost of changing traits to suit your characters current gold-quality gear will be tremendous otherwise.
    Options
  • Forgebreaker
    Forgebreaker
    ✭✭
    Even a mechanic similar to charging items with soul gems or using repair kits, with a drop-down menu of available traits?
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Absorption Field (Negate Magic morph): Redesigned this morph so it now heals you and your allies standing within the area of effect, in addition to stunning or silencing enemies.
      • Suppression Field (Negate Magic morph): Redesigned this morph so it now damages enemies standing within the area of effect, in addition to stunning or silencing enemies.
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Fixed an issue where many Sorcerer pets did not have any Physical Resistance. They will now all have a normalized amount of Physical Resistance equal to their Spell Resistance.
      • Bound Armor: This ability and its morphs no longer permanently change your appearance when they are toggled on; instead, they now only display a brief visual effect when toggled on.
      • Conjured Ward: Reduced the duration of this ability and the Hardened Ward morph to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
      • Empowered Ward (Conjured Ward morph): Reduced the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 20 seconds.
      • Expert Summoner:
        • Redesigned this passive ability so it now grants you 4/8% more maximum health whenever you have a Daedric Summoning pet active.
        • This passive ability’s old bonuses are now baseline effects for your pets.
    • Storm Calling
      • Thundering Presence (Lightning Form morph):
        • Renamed this morph to Hurricane.
        • Redesigned this morph so it now increases the size and damage of the periodic effect the longer it is active, increasing up to 225% more damage and up to 9 meters in size.
        • This morph now deals Physical Damage instead of Shock Damage.

Armor
    • Light Armor
      • Annulment: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds. In addition, this ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just spell damage.
        • Note: The Harness Magicka morph will continue to return Magicka only when spell damage is absorbed as a morph effect.

These are some of the stupidest changes I've seen so far.
    Shields down to six seconds? Light armour Sorcerer builds who can't cast skills in less than 3-4 seconds through the lag basically better say goodbye to what remained of their class and adding physical damage absorption to Annulment will only make builds that already have strategies like syphoning attacks ridiculously strong. People complain about shield stacking? I know! Instead of balancing that issue (which in reality it's not an issue, it's just something people don't understand) let's make it possible for everyone to do it... GJ ZoS :/.
    Most people 1vX (or try to these days) by using line of sight, that they don't die has less to do with shields and more to do with positioning or their constant roll dodging.
    ofc - stam dk -> a balanced class -> gets poison dmg
    mana nb -> a balanced class -> gets desease dmg
    mana sorc -> a balanced class (that will be less strong if all others classes are buffed) -> GET A 6secs SHIELD?!?!
    stam sorc -> IS STILL THE WORST SHIAT INAGME!

ZOS -- fakk yuo! biatches"

It's a case of the people who complain the loudest win. New people come to the game and cry 'I don't understand this, change it!' .... as usual ZoS listens and reacts by gutting it for everyone who has stayed the longest instead of addressing the issues properly, like putting proper tutorials in the game apart from the garbage cold harbour starter quest and intro to Cyrodiil that currently exists, or making shields overlay health bars properly and displaying what shields are up separately so people can see if they are physical damage orientated 'ok, they have hardened ward plus annulment, so that's a 20k-ish shield but because I'm physical damage I only need to get through 9-10k of that to reach their health bar' -adjusts strategy accordingly- (yes I do play both sides to this story). Taking into account how low most shield stacker's health and stamina is comparative to the damage being dealt it really isn't hard to kill a shield user if you target their weaknesses.
    The classic example that we've seen already is magic DKs. Were DKs too strong for a little while in comparison to other classes (bugs and all being taken into account across them all)? Yes. But they went too far and destroyed the game play experience of pretty much everyone who plays that class. Here we can see another example of these wildly over the top measures of ZoS (showing us all yet again their inexperience in development), everyone who plays light armour magic sorc I hope you have an alt :/.
    Edited by JaJaLuka on April 28, 2016 1:08AM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • imapogostick
    imapogostick
    ✭✭
    Theshebz wrote: »
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.

I love all these people crying about ward getting fixed that they can never play again cuz the game... I mean they suck to bad. actually try it out it is no different sorry you won't be able to run around out of fights with a shield. Who even needs a ward until your taking damage anyways. Get real ppl
    Options
  • SkoomaAddict420
    SkoomaAddict420
    ✭✭✭
    When is it to be installed? The day before the DB release for PS4 and Xbox One or sooner?
    Options
  • xionicc
    xionicc
    ✭✭
    Added a 15-minute cooldown to re-queueing once you have successfully formed a group.

So now when you join a group and are vote kicked because the group wants their friend in the scaled dungeon you have to wait another 15 mins before requeue?
    Options
  • ObsidianKaesken
    Can't wait. :)

As for the base game changes, I'd like to suggest a "Reply" option in Mail sent to you by other players. It gets frustrating having to memorize or have to write down a PSN just to reply to the person.
    Options
  • Cozzy1991
    Cozzy1991
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires should not get passive regeneration without having an ability slotted....you took that away from werewolves because it was "too strong" so you cant turn around and say its ok for vamps....
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xionicc wrote: »
    Added a 15-minute cooldown to re-queueing once you have successfully formed a group.

So now when you join a group and are vote kicked because the group wants their friend in the scaled dungeon you have to wait another 15 mins before requeue?

It is other way too, for example : People kept in queue for longer times due to other people keep joining..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 29, 2016 7:05AM
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cozzy1991 wrote: »
    Vampires should not get passive regeneration without having an ability slotted....you took that away from werewolves because it was "too strong" so you cant turn around and say its ok for vamps....

WW are so powerful after transformation, they got good healing. I mostly do Dungeons all the time and never saw usually WW dying (after transformation) but Vampires are weaker and dying very frequently with few powerful Flame shots.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cozzy1991 wrote: »

WW are so powerful after transformation, they got good healing. I mostly do Dungeons all the time and never saw usually WW dying (after transformation) but Vampires are weaker and dying very frequently with few powerful Flame shots.

Good thing you didn't see pvp a few months back. Poor ww's just spamming their heal before being put down.
    Options
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    What the hell is up with all the nerfs to magicka sorc?
    Both morphs of dawnbreaker dealing physical damage.. Well sorcs have lost the best ulti in PVP. Guess overload time it is.
    Also what's up with the shields' duration?
    God, I honestly dread those changes.

You can always use that meteor.
    Options
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loving the SHIELD STACKING NERF! YES!
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not thrilled or annoyed by wrecking blow changes I mean 90% dungeon content enemies can't be knocked down or stunned or knocked back anyway...

And the dunmer fire dmg not stacking with poison changes you guys act like its the god of all nerfs dks kinda already have a fire dmg buff anyway and all its passives affect poison now its a slight change given the fact you can now use your cp mighty to change the low dunmer passive out for a 25% dmg buff to the skills on top of slapping on a poison enchant for more dmg...

Heavy armor I like the changes but I feel the buff should be higher and last longer and stack quicker or make it a flat increase by 200 for wearing 5 pc most fights outsode of the boss will last more than a couple love taps. So maybe extend the length of the buff to 20 secs
    Options