The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, hotfix on Friday! At least I got to read these awesome patch notes! Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno :p
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf! Nerf! HAHAHHA Nerf! Sorcerers, this time you are under the radar :smile:
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »
    Cozzy1991 wrote: »
    Vampires should not get passive regeneration without having an ability slotted....you took that away from werewolves because it was "too strong" so you cant turn around and say its ok for vamps....

WW are so powerful after transformation, they got good healing. I mostly do Dungeons all the time and never saw usually WW dying (after transformation) but Vampires are weaker and dying very frequently with few powerful Flame shots.

I agree, Vampires have too many weaknesses. A Werewolf doesn't take extra damage from anything apart fighter's guild skills. Vampires have reduced health regen, fire weakness and fighter's guild skills weakness. it's only fair vampires get this passive regen as we are already sacrificing too much

I agree ... I also wonder, has anybody been able to do vMA as a vampire? Because the predominance of fire in most to everything in the arenas, and the high damage that fire deals, makes beating vMA near impossible as a vamp.

The fire from Scamps, Pyromages, Dragons/Titans, Daedroth, the environment, the bosses, and the Dragon Knight's whip. Anybody see an unfair problem here? That's seven different sources of fire, sometimes coming at a player from all directions at the same time. Werewolves have nothing this monumental of a threat to deal with, ANYWHERE! I know because I've played as one before.

People need to stop the nonsense comparison, and concluding that vampires are supposedly powerful enough - because they're not. Vampires should have and been had a natural increased evasion and speed to give them a fighting chance against the bombardment of flames abound. There is no night time bonus or immunity to a damn thing in this game.

I have spent the better part of two years trying to come up with a way to deal with fire at vet ranks, and spent more time trying to come up with ways to make my vampire's threshold a bit more fair and durable to combat this lop-sided disadvantage. ZoS seems to not give a damn about this.

FACT: The fire in the game overall completely demolishes any type of healing a vampire can do, EVER.

I have had 1,980 health recovery at stage 1 and it diminishes roughly down to 1, 250 at stage 4, with a 25% Quick Recovery, a 21,000+ Spell Resistance, 25% Elemental Defender, a 535 health recovery from drink- for a total of 2,515 health recovery, and a 29,700 health. And still I got annihilated in two shots from fire in vMA, and against dragon like bosses in various dungeons I ran. I would curse if I could, but I'll just say that that is bull-tish. The only thing I haven't done is be a Dunmer. I'm a Breton - which is almost as good.

Armor set: v14 Hist Bark and whitestrake, with whitestrake at all 5 bonuses. And still I'm a camp marshmallow!

I'm so resistant, I should feel a breeze in hell.

Someone @ZoS, that actually LIKES vampires and the ESO lore behind them, is who needs to tackle this world part of the game; because the current person obviously hates us crimson feeders. That's all I'm saying.
    Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on April 29, 2016 10:05PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • JubJub
    JubJub
    ✭✭✭
    Just a minor thing I noticed. In 5 pieces of heavy and channeling a Heavy Restoration Staff attack, it seemed as if I was restoring almost about half of my 20k magicka pool. That was amusing to see.

Highlighted a clip to show the restore. I forgot to mention I also had siphoning attacks active as a Nightbalde giving another ~1k per heavy attack, and about 1k natural Magicka Recovery in combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEd2SMZhsM

Stop posting vids bro you're gonna get heavy armor nerfed :D
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JubJub wrote: »
    Just a minor thing I noticed. In 5 pieces of heavy and channeling a Heavy Restoration Staff attack, it seemed as if I was restoring almost about half of my 20k magicka pool. That was amusing to see.

Highlighted a clip to show the restore. I forgot to mention I also had siphoning attacks active as a Nightbalde giving another ~1k per heavy attack, and about 1k natural Magicka Recovery in combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEd2SMZhsM

Stop posting vids bro you're gonna get heavy armor nerfed :D

What, It's only been like 3-4. You maybe(?) haven't seen me eventually solo that rat boss in wayrest sewers. Frustrating but satisfying, as with some other dungeon bosses I was soloing. As a NB Tank I don't mind most of the heavy armour changes, but it probably brings up an issue for other classes, depending on playstyle.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on April 29, 2016 11:42PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • landonalari
    landonalari
    Soul Shriven
    Yes but the sorc shield that is the only thing that makes him sirvive a little more, they will ruin it if they make it 6 sec
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now their is even less reason to be a vampire now? someone needs to be replaced, and now their is even less reason to feed, sure I will not have a weakness to fire but I already had that seeing as I have 100 CP in elemental resist so what point is there?

Also did zenimax consider the interference of the Blade of Woe ability when a vampire is trying to feed? ZoS should know, most people only become vampires for the dark stalker passive and now we cant use it unless we are at stage 4 which is even weaker now then it was before.

actually its the exact opposite. there is WAY MORE reason to use it. unless your in rp la la land why would you feed be in stage 4. but with the passives working WITHOUT needing abilities slotted+ mistform properly removing and preventing snares! this is very good for vamps.
    i have never used feed it makes you weaker so all i see is good changes.
  • DGolden94
    DGolden94
    Soul Shriven
    How the heck did they think that stamina nightblade and stamina dragonknight should get buffed before stamina sorcerer, that really makes no sense to me, sorcerer has quite a few morphs that the majority don't use and they could get creative and make some cool stamina morphs, i would really like to see the charged atronach be changed to a air atronach that does physical damage, would be cool and viable imo
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    RabNebula wrote: »
    x5ofspadez wrote: »
    RIP Magicka Sorc.
    What made them think that changing wards from 20 to 6 seconds was a good idea? anyone?

Probably the fact that Sorcs have high damage over range and that distance plus the mines should be their shield more than giving them shield stacks that make them as tough as tanks but still have high dps. Sorcs will just have to work harder and play in the ways they should have been playing all along. Every sorc knows deep down that the shield stacks on sorcs are just terrible game design. If any class should have the shields sorcs have it should be mdks as they have to get right in the faces of the opponents. As it is igneous shields dont even survive 1 attack. Sorcs you have to hit 4 times as much to get those shields down and then they can just pop up more shields. Tank DPS should not be a thing.

Not sure why everyone are talking like only Sorc got affected. Shields on my tank went from 20 secs to 6 secs as well. Considering I don't have much magicka, my shield became useless for my group.
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.

[/list]

Does this 50% loss also apply to get me unstuck?

Also for all those questioning DK changes I've got one thing to say, GREEN dragon blood. Tbh, I'm more concerned that DKs don't have any frost abilities, considering we've seen frost dragons before but have only read about poison dragons.
    Edited by Natas013 on April 30, 2016 4:05PM
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • veluccia
    veluccia
    The higher level 4 man dungeons are becoming way too easy in this patch. It's very important to long time players to always have new levels of difficulty to aspire to. There are plenty of easy and medium level dungeons; we don't need to bring everything down to the same level. Please reconsider this decision.
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf the few dungeons that were a challenge. For me anything else is boring! I never play any dungeons anymore other than the ones you nerfed, just because they are easy and so boring.

DO NOT nerf veteran City of Ash, veteran White Gold Tower, veteran Imperial City Prison, veteran DSA, Sanctum and other difficult trials.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay!
    Edited by Alpheu5 on May 9, 2016 9:49AM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Dober
    Dober
    ✭✭
    Maybe a stupid question. But sometimes I have trouble understanding what ZOS wants to say.

VET RANK Remove.

I have a Vr16 and 442 CP so when they remove it, do I gona have 480 CP? Is 480 gona be the max level gear then?
    Follow us on Facebook - The Syndicate ESO
    Join us on the PSN Community Group - The Syndicate ESO
    Add me on Facebook "Karl Doberman" for Auction inv and much more
  • Qeram
    Qeram
    Please, will be added text chat to the console ? ZOS Express yourself please !!
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dober wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question. But sometimes I have trouble understanding what ZOS wants to say.

VET RANK Remove.

I have a Vr16 and 442 CP so when they remove it, do I gona have 480 CP? Is 480 gona be the max level gear then?

Nope. 160 will be max level gear. So you will have around 480 CP with 160 CP gear.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qeram wrote: »
    Please, will be added text chat to the console ? ZOS Express yourself please !!
    @Qeram They have confirmed that they are doing this, but it won't be with Dark Brotherhood.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Qeram
    Qeram
    This is very bad :( Im crying :(
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am most certainly looking forward to having dire wolves by my side on June 13 when the base patch comes in on Xbox One with the DB DLC, it'll be nice to have company in PvE activities while in Pack leader form, but one question still remains, even if the pack leader morph gets this "redesign" will it still have the ability to grant 2 seconds for every heavy ATK on enemies for the pack leaders allies & itself?
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so what about your level V2 toon. Are you going to give him the Attribute Points and Skill Points to catch him up to my V16 toon? I'm asking this because I have noticed that my V2 did NOT receive any attribute points or skill points to catch him up when I played him in PTS. I was having a pretty hard time with the River Troll because of that discrepancy in health and magicka, especially. I didn't have any problem with my V16 character.

So you think not only should you not have to level him to vr16 but you should also be handed all those skill points? This isnt battlefield or call of duty. You want that you are in the wrong game.

It was stated that if you have 160cp+ you are efectivly vet16. Leveling a character to 50 from lvl 1 nets you the same skill and atribute points as did levelling to vet 16. As such if characters that have passed these levels where extra ability points and skill points aren't going to get them, said characters will never be equal to newly started characters or characters that have hit vet16 pre removal of vet ranks. So tell me where your argument has validity.
    RIP Ellania Delome
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭

Item Trait Improvements
    Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.
    • Weapons
      • Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.
      • Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.
      • Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.
      • Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
      • Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.
      • Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.
      • Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.
      • Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.
      • Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.
    • Armor
      • Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.
      • Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.
      • Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
      • Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.
      • Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.
      • Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.
      • Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.

So if Nirnhoned Armor traits improve Spell and Armor, what does Reinforced do? Also are Precise weapon traits and Divines armor traits going to change or remain the same?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs be like....
    0bp57igydf64.gif
    Edited by Nighn_9 on May 1, 2016 3:25PM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »

Item Trait Improvements
    Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.
    • Weapons
      • Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.
      • Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.
      • Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.
      • Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
      • Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.
      • Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.
      • Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.
      • Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.
      • Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.
    • Armor
      • Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.
      • Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.
      • Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
      • Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.
      • Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.
      • Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.
      • Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.

So if Nirnhoned Armor traits improve Spell and Armor, what does Reinforced do? Also are Precise weapon traits and Divines armor traits going to change or remain the same?

It increases the armour value of the singular piece that is Reinforced.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, why are we not we provided with amount of telvar so we can try other imperial sets that can be bought with telvar?? or at least I can't see that there is a telvar stone box.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say about wards on sorc that my main problem with them is that when you fight in cyrodill everything lags its just not possible to put a ward up at the right time at peak times. for instance I often watch flame reach go out hit a dk who manages to flap his wings in time then 5 seconds later it comes back and even if blocked i still get knocked down. the premise that you only activate skills when you need them is rubbish because the server cant react. the best option is keep up all defences at all time. if they fixed the lag fair enough. so in my mind this dumb direction to go for pvp players.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    Okay, so what about your level V2 toon. Are you going to give him the Attribute Points and Skill Points to catch him up to my V16 toon? I'm asking this because I have noticed that my V2 did NOT receive any attribute points or skill points to catch him up when I played him in PTS. I was having a pretty hard time with the River Troll because of that discrepancy in health and magicka, especially. I didn't have any problem with my V16 character.

So you think not only should you not have to level him to vr16 but you should also be handed all those skill points? This isnt battlefield or call of duty. You want that you are in the wrong game.

It was stated that if you have 160cp+ you are efectivly vet16. Leveling a character to 50 from lvl 1 nets you the same skill and atribute points as did levelling to vet 16. As such if characters that have passed these levels where extra ability points and skill points aren't going to get them, said characters will never be equal to newly started characters or characters that have hit vet16 pre removal of vet ranks. So tell me where your argument has validity.

Well because thats not how its going to work. You still are going to have to go earn all those skill points. Work all those skills from 1-50. So even tho your character is level 50 you still have a lot of work to do.
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    This is so odd, it should be the more STARVED you are the less you look like 'normal' people and the more abilities that drop off such as speed.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• chrisw_63_ESO
    chrisw_63_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So Enchanting.. at least three times harder to level than any other craft, is now going to become even harder. Enchanting is the only craft that requires, from day one, three different items to be consumed every time you make an item, the only craft where harvesting only gives you ONE item every time (chance for two later in the skill line). And now, to add to that handicap, you're going to make it a gold sink as well. Nice job.
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭

Well because thats not how its going to work. You still are going to have to go earn all those skill points. Work all those skills from 1-50. So even tho your character is level 50 you still have a lot of work to do.

How exactly is one supposed to earn said skill/atribute points if there is no mechanic to do so beyond leveling from 1 to 50?
    RIP Ellania Delome
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly is one supposed to earn said skill/atribute points if there is no mechanic to do so beyond leveling from 1 to 50?

@Natas013 You will be given the skill/attribute points for every VR level up during the normal 1-50 levelling instead. James is talking about the skill points you would earn doing the alliance quests through your caldwell silver and gold zones.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord