The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a minor thing I noticed. In 5 pieces of heavy and channeling a Heavy Restoration Staff attack, it seemed as if I was restoring almost about half of my 20k magicka pool. That was amusing to see.

Highlighted a clip to show the restore. I forgot to mention I also had siphoning attacks active as a Nightbalde giving another ~1k per heavy attack, and about 1k natural Magicka Recovery in combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEd2SMZhsM
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on April 28, 2016 1:00PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭
    all of this looks awsome, exept... dark stalker >_< that s the only reason of beeing a vampire, you made all those cool changes to make vampire interesting again, but what s the point of beeing vamp stage 1 if you don t have the speed bonus, I think people will keep on beeing stage 4

I have 2 propositions: -dark stalker stays normal, but: you stay stage 1, 2 houres, stage, 2, 4 houres, stage 3, 6 houres, so you would have to stop what you re doing to feed

-you get a speed bonus per stage, stage 1: duck speed + 25% of the normal speed, stage 2, 50% ... until 100% (normal standing speed)
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cozzy1991 wrote: »
    Vampires should not get passive regeneration without having an ability slotted....you took that away from werewolves because it was "too strong" so you cant turn around and say its ok for vamps....

WW are so powerful after transformation, they got good healing. I mostly do Dungeons all the time and never saw usually WW dying (after transformation) but Vampires are weaker and dying very frequently with few powerful Flame shots.

I agree, Vampires have too many weaknesses. A Werewolf doesn't take extra damage from anything apart fighter's guild skills. Vampires have reduced health regen, fire weakness and fighter's guild skills weakness. it's only fair vampires get this passive regen as we are already sacrificing too much
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on April 28, 2016 1:43PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Magpulz
    Magpulz
    Soul Shriven
    Make flawless Dawnbreaker Physical damage and make Smiting Magic damage its simple why cant you do this? But i no longer and run dual wield sorc which upsets me 200% and if you are gonna make shields 6 seconds nerf healing ward and make these magic nightblades that do no nothing but toss healing wards to stay alive suffer.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny to see all those people trying to justify class balancing by the lag.

PRZZZ ZENIMAX BRING SHIELD BACK TO 10SEC AT LEAST, CANT USE SHIELD IN LAG PRZZZZ

lol
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭
    x5ofspadez wrote: »
    RIP Magicka Sorc.
    What made them think that changing wards from 20 to 6 seconds was a good idea? anyone?

Probably the fact that Sorcs have high damage over range and that distance plus the mines should be their shield more than giving them shield stacks that make them as tough as tanks but still have high dps. Sorcs will just have to work harder and play in the ways they should have been playing all along. Every sorc knows deep down that the shield stacks on sorcs are just terrible game design. If any class should have the shields sorcs have it should be mdks as they have to get right in the faces of the opponents. As it is igneous shields dont even survive 1 attack. Sorcs you have to hit 4 times as much to get those shields down and then they can just pop up more shields. Tank DPS should not be a thing.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play as a sorc, and ill admit, i use 3 shields,... the duration might be a huge change... however ( mainly playing pvp ) shields really dont last that long... i dont think ive ever gone 20 seconds with my hardened ward being active... and i go without re applying my shields for a few.... really dont think that its the end of the world with the duration change... will just have to adapt
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 28, 2016 4:24PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh, f***k, really!!!

ZOS, WHY YOU NERFED MY STAMDRAGONKNIGHT AGAIN????!!!!

Two Handed
    Cleave: Increased the damage over time from this ability and its morphs by 20%.
    Executioner (Reverse Slash morph): Redesigned this morph so it no longer passively increases the damage of all Two Handed abilities while slotted; instead, it increases the scaling bonus damage to low health targets to a maximum of 335/340/345/350% more damage at Ranks I/II/III/IV, increased from 300%.
    Forward Momentum (Momentum morph): Increased the duration of the snare and immobilization immunity provided by this morph to 5/6/7/8 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds.
    Reverse Slice (Reverse Slash morph): Increased the splash damage percentage from this morph to 59/61/63/65% at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 41/42/43/44%.
    Uppercut: This ability and the Wrecking Blow morph no longer knockback and stun enemies hit.
    Note: Wrecking Blow will continue to add the Major Empower buff to your next attack as a morph effect.
    Dizzying Swing will no longer apply the Minor Maim debuff to enemies hit; instead, it will add a knockback and stun to the ability.
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire speed is broken even in
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    OMG! Thank you ZoS! Those Vampire changes are absolutely fantastic, I bloody well love you! I feared the worst, yet it came out good! These changes are amazing, please, please do not change them again!

I love the fact that they're now more in-line with TES vampires, as they become stronger by the longer they go without feeding, but in return, gets more weaknesses, it fits perfectly, and the big stage timer change to a whole 6 hours is fantastic for all roleplayers, and all those that wish to remain in the lesser stages of vampirism.

I applaud you ZoS, as a vampire fanboy in Elder Scrolls THANK YOU!<3
    What the hell are you on about? take another look as the vampire, they are just as weak now when starved as they were before and that never made sense anyway for one the VL in Skyrim became stronger by Feeding not the other way around and now there is no reason to feed at all (we are already use to the fire weakness, which having it different on each stage doesn't make sense either as Vampires reason to being weak to fire is because they are dead not because they are vampires) and now there is no reason to feed at all more so considering that all you need to do is use mist form 12 times to go up a stage which means you can't stay in stage 1 if you want to fight as a vampire.

Exactly! Tell'em again. The vampire update is feces.

And this after ZOS tried to get us all excited for Vampire 'updates'. Y'all should know better than to get too excited, I was all for DB and improvements to vamps, PVP and new gear but the parts I was excited about are not happening and instead it's going to be a copy and paste of TG....

In addition to, nerf my heals (again), nerf my shield time, make it so I have to redo my CP's (again) regear up (again) spend all my gold after I finally got my magblade where I wanted it. Take away my Nirnhoned weapons I paid over 30k each for... the list goes on and on. Why not fix the things that need fixed to balance out classes, we do not need anymore poison damage in PVP the poison injection is already to the point if your health is 30% the DOT alone kills you if you don't get a purify off in time (oh yeah and that's nerfed too in DB).

This is too much, we adjusted to TG patch but now another huge change that will cost me even more; I have been one of those people that always play, and even though 80% of my friends list is headed to Camelot Online, I stuck up for ESO and begged for friends to give it a chance and talked up the DB and went on about the new changes, barbershop, (possible faction swap) and so on, but instead we get trash. You've left me without an argument and no gold in my pocket (because I'm 90% PVP and do not farm the game for my characters existence) thank god for the generous nature of my PVE friends or I'd be naked in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Blacksheepart on April 28, 2016 5:43PM
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the shields being nerfed to 6 seconds but can we at least get the shield reduced strength removed from the battle spirit buff that way at least for those 6 seconds we have the full strength of our shields?
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    HenryIvan wrote: »
    I don't mind the shields being nerfed to 6 seconds but can we at least get the shield reduced strength removed from the battle spirit buff that way at least for those 6 seconds we have the full strength of our shields?

LOL button :D
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    please guyz support me in this topic
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262834/37-sets-removed-in-db-dlc-why-gina-lied-to-us

as Gina completely ignored my questions i need to create a topis for WHINE about horrible decision of deleting 37 old sets in next update
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    Am I reading this right, it is fabulous time to be dual wielding stamina dragonknight? Wow yes, I'm finally fasionable, once in every couple of years. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Earlier I wasn't too enthusiastic for rumours of fighters skill line, but now in the patch notes it looks great. It only makes sence to me to have one universal skill line all stamina, one all magicka.

Most of all, I can't wait to test new dual wield. The skill line feels synerergize better with itself, and has sustain. I'm even tempted to download PTS, so eager, I don't know if it fits to my computer...

Duelweild stam dk was already viable, in fact it is one of the best DPS in the game. What are you going on about? But it is exciting that it is even better now, dual wield is in a heck of a spot right now I tell you what...

I want to roll a DW/Bow DK but at the moment its lacking a spammable DPS skill and a gap closer. I believe once DB drops rapid strikes can be the spam DPS and Silver leash could become the gap closer. But I haven't heard anyone talk about those two skills so I'm thinking about trying to lvl a stam NB and Stam DK for DB just in case.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet removal ... There doesn't really seem to be a change. Just a relabeling. V16 is still the max level you just call it CP 160. Zones will still be leveled for Vet Ranks 1-10 as they are now but they'll be called CP 10-100. So XP for questing "Vet Zones/CP Zones" is going to stink for anyone on an alt with a V16 character effectively erasing them from the game. It seems it will be far more efficient to skip them and grind something the scales and gives full XP per kill. Way to make things LESS relevant.

I was really hoping Craglorn and Vet Zones (Silver and Gold) were going to become relevant again. ZOS should have pulled Silver, Gold, and Craglorn from the base game when they went B2P and sold them as DLC to anyone who wasn't subscribed at the time (of course vet ranks would have needed removed as well). Those who previously subscribed would have them unlocked for free. New players could purchase and they'd all be at max level, which would simply be CP. Now they're lower level zones you ignore because DLCs scale.

Why not just hand the attributes out at CP10-160? Or just remove them from the game? CP boost attributes as it is already.

Will PVP still Battle Level a CP10-160?

Will Dungeons leveling level you to CP?

Is the scaling for these going to change or is a CP 10 just as useless as a V1 used to be?

There's still 2 large of a gap between CP10-160 let alone a CP10- 5010 ... I don't see why it took 2 years for ZOS to change the name from Vet to Champion.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by Bofrari on April 29, 2016 2:33AM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff stam sorc
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Are you guys talking about Disguises? If so, they're not Costumes (yet), which is why they aren't shown.
    Yeah, the patch notes are pretty clear on what will be shown, but my point is that the overall feature is incomplete. They render the character on the character select screen down the the dye on the armor and the weapons carried. Now they include the pet and mount, as well as the costume. While I have not checked, I assume the possibility that the mount is rendered based on riding training, too. It is so close to being complete, but it is not.

I refer to the disguise as a costume because, after the disguise is no longer needed, it works fine as a costume. I use them a lot for that purpose.
    Sure, but functionally they work differently, not least that the disguise can get immediately removed without any player action just by entering combat.

An interesting thing to note is that in the data files, the disguises already have costume-interface icons ready for them, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before they get moved to Costumes. As VaxtinTheWolf said, and has been said many times before, the easiest way to do this would be to provide the "costume" at the end of the quest where the "disguise" is used. Then you can decide for yourself whether to keep the disguise item itself or not. It could possibly just be removed, but they sometimes remain functionally useful if you want to pass through the quest area unhindered, so leaving it up to the player whether or not to remove it would be better.

As VaxtinTheWolf said, and has been said many times before, the easiest way to do this would be to provide the "costume" at the end of the quest where the "disguise" is used.

My characters will be delighted to hear that the magic to change their disguises into costumes is there. <3

I'd love disguises to be incorporated into the collections menu. It could just be awarded at the end of the related quest, without deleting the disguise (which would still act as a disguise to make all but sentries non-hostile) from your inventory (maybe just a note in the tooltip that "this item is in your collections menu"), that way people who just want it for the looks as a costume are happy, and people who want to use it to move through the hostile area that the costume relates to are happy. Add a few "laundry baskets" around the quest area where people can loot another physical disguise that will actually disguise them rather than just be a costume at any time if they want to (as has been done in this patch with the Dunmer Cultural Garb) and everyone is happy.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 29, 2016 3:41AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hibbou wrote: »
    all of this looks awsome, exept... dark stalker >_< that s the only reason of beeing a vampire, you made all those cool changes to make vampire interesting again, but what s the point of beeing vamp stage 1 if you don t have the speed bonus, I think people will keep on beeing stage 4

I have 2 propositions: -dark stalker stays normal, but: you stay stage 1, 2 houres, stage, 2, 4 houres, stage 3, 6 houres, so you would have to stop what you re doing to feed

-you get a speed bonus per stage, stage 1: duck speed + 25% of the normal speed, stage 2, 50% ... until 100% (normal standing speed)

I've never really seen the point of being a vampire in ESO unless you go the whole hog and let yourself get to the last stage. The only time my vampire ever fed was before entering a dungeon with a lot of fire damage.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    I also cannot eat or take a potion while in combat or on my horse. >.>
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so what about your level V2 toon. Are you going to give him the Attribute Points and Skill Points to catch him up to my V16 toon? I'm asking this because I have noticed that my V2 did NOT receive any attribute points or skill points to catch him up when I played him in PTS. I was having a pretty hard time with the River Troll because of that discrepancy in health and magicka, especially. I didn't have any problem with my V16 character.
    Edited by Sweetpea704 on April 29, 2016 6:08AM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    " - The combination of the Fortress and Bracing passive effects are something that I appreciate. I think that development really carefully considered block cost mitigation during its initial creation. It is frustrating that diminished returns severely affects this stat, but these two passives, and especially so in tandem, are what really make sword and board or heavy armor valuable." - Personofsecrets February 2016
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have all the official feedback threads for this update pinned to the first page?

It keeps visibility up and helps focus feedback into those threads.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AlanG
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Not happy. Leave skill damage types alone. Stop trying to make poison happen.
    Also give me back shields. I'm not going to button mash my DK tank just because you don't want people to have shields longer than for 3 hits.
    Edited by FlounderOG on April 29, 2016 12:11PM
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so what about your level V2 toon. Are you going to give him the Attribute Points and Skill Points to catch him up to my V16 toon? I'm asking this because I have noticed that my V2 did NOT receive any attribute points or skill points to catch him up when I played him in PTS. I was having a pretty hard time with the River Troll because of that discrepancy in health and magicka, especially. I didn't have any problem with my V16 character.

So you think not only should you not have to level him to vr16 but you should also be handed all those skill points? This isnt battlefield or call of duty. You want that you are in the wrong game.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus There are 23 official feedback threads.. that would take up a huge amount of space. I definitely prefer they just sticky the one post with a link to all those threads.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno i uncover your not telling truth to us please answer about in this topic

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262834/37-sets-removed-in-db-dlc-and-uncovering-the-lie-of-zos

why you deleting 37 old sets, you told you will not do such ungrateful things
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by Cathexis on April 29, 2016 6:35PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    Why do we continue to nerf Sorc ? You have nerfed harden ward so that it does not cover the life bar like it use and the sorcs life is already low compared to a DK who can shield stack like no tomorrow and now you are talking about making it only last for 7 seconds. Heck you messed up Mage light with this cast and it goes away as fast as you cast it. Do you just want people to not play the Sorc ?
  • azrual
    azrual
    ✭✭
    Hospitler wrote: »
    Why do we continue to nerf Sorc ? You have nerfed harden ward so that it does not cover the life bar like it use and the sorcs life is already low compared to a DK who can shield stack like no tomorrow and now you are talking about making it only last for 7 seconds. Heck you messed up Mage light with this cast and it goes away as fast as you cast it. Do you just want people to not play the Sorc ?

giack8qjkinz.jpg
    Edited by azrual on April 29, 2016 7:50PM
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading all of the patch notes I think I became colorblind. All the text that is normally (and in reality also is) black, is now displayed to me as purple, god damn.

Anyway, I like most of these changes... except the fact that I just found out I might be colorblind.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel