The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing though the poison looks bad LOL, went from fire breathing baddass to puking on everybody.

Hmm, that's no fun.. I'm all for poison damage, but I certainly don't want to through up on others.

All other player actions look cool in one way or other. Maybe the love for spitting camel made them think players want to do that too? And though I'm sure there are few players who enjoy having zombie-like puking powers, I really really really hope they will change the effect.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS bug testing would be much more productive when the UI of ESO would have some more features.

Edited by hrothbern on April 27, 2016 7:36AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Aldahen
    Aldahen
    You’ll keep all your hard-earned attribute and skill points you received from gaining Veteran Ranks, and new players will instead earn them while leveling up to level 50.
    • You will receive 2 points every level that ends in a 5
    • You will receive 3 points every level that ends in a 10
    • You will continue to get 1 point for levels 2-49
    So, you will not gain any skills points for "levelling" after level 50.
    This means that any character on your account above level 4 and below VR16 will have lower potential skill points than others.
    • Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
    • Abilities no longer increase their cost by 1% per Veteran Rank, but will now increase at their normal rate for every 10 Champion points, up to a cap of 160.
    • The Champion Point cap will remain at 501 for this update.
    So... everybody will be dropped to (max) 40 CPs and need to grind back to 501?
    (the ability cost increase will stop at 160 CPs)
  • Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really happy that costumes will be seen in Character Select, that's super great! Have been waiting for this for ages. Also can't wait for additional character slots, great news too. And locking important items is also really cool, I'm always afraid I might sell or deconstruct something I shouldn't.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melilotta wrote: »
    I'm really happy that costumes will be seen in Character Select, that's super great! Have been waiting for this for ages. Also can't wait for additional character slots, great news too. And locking important items is also really cool, I'm always afraid I might sell or deconstruct something I shouldn't.

Jip :)

But it only does so for Crown Store costumes, NOT for costumes you loot in the game :-(

ZOS, could you please make it possible for looted costumes as well ?

@lordrichter , thanks for your post. I tested it, and it is indeed so :-(
    hrothbern wrote: »
    What I also like about this patch, is that in your character overview, your character is shown with the costume and NOT with the underlying Armor.
    Also your Mount is added to the picture.

<3

TxJbrTc.jpg

I do wish that all the costumes were shown, not just the Crown ones.

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it only does so for Crown Store costumes, NOT for costumes you loot in the game :-(

What I also like about this patch, is that in your character overview, your character is shown with the costume and NOT with the underlying Armor.

<3

TxJbrTc.jpg
    @hrothbern Are you guys talking about Disguises? If so, they're not Costumes (yet), which is why they aren't shown.

Aldahen wrote: »
    You’ll keep all your hard-earned attribute and skill points you received from gaining Veteran Ranks, and new players will instead earn them while leveling up to level 50.
    This means that any character on your account above level 4 and below VR16 will have lower potential skill points than others.
    • Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
    • Abilities no longer increase their cost by 1% per Veteran Rank, but will now increase at their normal rate for every 10 Champion points, up to a cap of 160.
    @Aldahen I think you have misunderstood. Any character above Level 4 and below VR16 should have any missing skill points added on, and nobody is having their CPs reduced. The "Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16" is added on top of your current CP total.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Expert/Camo Hunter changes are bad. Why would you not just run Inner Light which procs MotG, gives crit, and reveals hidden enemies (<---reveal is a stupid perk, shouldn't be on more abilities). What's the point in knowing if they are undead/daedra if the ability doesn't do anything more to them?????

While i do miss the big damage opener from Camo it is still very good to be on your skill bar. it just basially has a PVP only use now.

Inner Light is spell crit, Camo is weapon crit, they are completely different and for the opposite builds.

Camo not only has the crit, but will also give you the 8% damage buff, as well as raise your weapon damage by 3% for being on the skill bar.

True that, but actually the only class who benefits from the skill are nightblades and they already have a better way to get the 8% damage buff
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

<3

TxJbrTc.jpg
    @hrothbern Are you guys talking about Disguises? If so, they're not Costumes (yet), which is why they aren't shown.

Thanks @Enodoc for the clarification ,

The important semantics of coding :)

I rephrase my plea to ZOS:

"ZOS, could you please make it possible for disguises as well to be shown in the character overview?"

Edited by hrothbern on April 27, 2016 9:32AM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    I know it's just been a couple of hours, but I'm surprised at how few sorcs are raging at those changes. I mean Dawnbreaker, come on! What the hell are sorcs supposed to use instead now in PVP? (keep in mind that all other ultis cost far more, and overload spam is just plain insulting).
    Also, yes yes harness magicka absorbing all damage, kuddos on that. But with that reduced duration, you'll run out of resources before managing to shieldstack. Seriously, how on earth are you supposed to put out decent damage with the deto+dawnbreaker+curse combo being rendered virtually useless, and at the same time shieldstack for your life?

Perhaps that was the whole point ?
    Massive damage + Massive defense = Bad
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 27, 2016 10:18AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why there is not a stam and a mana morph of the guilds ultimates???

Historically.
    Mages guild = class neutral Magicka tree (as per vampire)
    Fighter guild = class neutral Stamina tree (as per werewolf).
    Undaunted ?...arguably this should get morphs of stamina/magicka as it should be resource neutral and class neutral.

At the very beginning...
    Class skill = magicka.
    Weapon skill = stamina.
    ..which was recognised as an issue.
    ie
    class + mages + vampire OR weapon + fighters + werewolf

Magicka builds should never have been using any of the fighters guild tree.
    They should have been gimped when doing so.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 27, 2016 10:41AM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.

Why would you do this? There is already a weapon damage enchant when there isn't a spell damage one. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of one of the few magicka user traits to replace it with more weapon damage?

What makes you think only wepon damage is increased ?
    Its ays damage of the weapon......could be staff or melee
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With these damage shields Ive seen sorcs pull an entire dungeon of mobs onto themselves then just spam AOEs while not being hurt at all. Sorry but that was too OP and that doesnt even include PVP. Pretty sure thats not what they intended with those damage shields.
  • Aldahen
    Aldahen
    Aldahen wrote: »
    @Aldahen I think you have misunderstood. Any character above Level 4 and below VR16 should have any missing skill points added on, and nobody is having their CPs reduced. The "Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16" is added on top of your current CP total.

I re-read the CP part and saw the words "one time bonus" -> came to the same conclusion.
    There was no mentioning about adding the missing attribute and skills point for characters that have not yet gotten them all in the old system, but would be past of most (or all) of them in the new system. Doing what you say makes of course perfect sense.

Anyway, glad to hear that I was wrong on both assumptions.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys talking about Disguises? If so, they're not Costumes (yet), which is why they aren't shown.

Yeah, the patch notes are pretty clear on what will be shown, but my point is that the overall feature is incomplete. They render the character on the character select screen down the the dye on the armor and the weapons carried. Now they include the pet and mount, as well as the costume. While I have not checked, I assume the possibility that the mount is rendered based on riding training, too. It is so close to being complete, but it is not.

I refer to the disguise as a costume because, after the disguise is no longer needed, it works fine as a costume. I use them a lot for that purpose.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys talking about Disguises? If so, they're not Costumes (yet), which is why they aren't shown.

Yeah, the patch notes are pretty clear on what will be shown, but my point is that the overall feature is incomplete. They render the character on the character select screen down the the dye on the armor and the weapons carried. Now they include the pet and mount, as well as the costume. While I have not checked, I assume the possibility that the mount is rendered based on riding training, too. It is so close to being complete, but it is not.

I refer to the disguise as a costume because, after the disguise is no longer needed, it works fine as a costume. I use them a lot for that purpose.

I've wanted them do something like; if this quest has anything to do with a disguise, upon completing the quest add that item to your collectables whether you actually used it or not.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reeeaally don't like the new potency runestone change. I would like to get my FREE runestones just like the in the thieves guild. Already the guild stores are insanely expensive.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Changes to Imperial City
    We’ve introduced a number of changes and improvements to Imperial City in this update:
    Districts can now be captured via mechanics similar to Resources in Cyrodiil.
    A single flag is located in each District, and is guarded by a few Alliance Guards.
    Ownership of a District confers a 33% Tel Var Stone bonus to all Tel Var Stone gains in the Districts.
    Ownership of a District also controls whether you can respawn in that District via a PvE or PvP death.
    If your Alliance doesn’t control any Districts and you die in the Districts, you will respawn in the Sewers.
    You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.
    Rebalanced the monsters in Imperial City to make moving around the city easier for the solo player.
    Bosses remain targeted at two player characters.
    Patrolling Horrors and Xivkyn elite are best handled by four or more, but their attacks are now less likely to kill you in one hit.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - Could we get a confirmation that controlling a district generate points for your faction on the campaign scoreboard? With populations still shared between Cyrodiil and Imperial City, if the district capture system doesn't have any incentive with the war happening in Cyrodiil, it will be a huge problem for people who care about the campaign.

And vice versa; people taking up pop in cyro limit those that want to play in IC only. Chicken and the egg effect.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, but functionally they work differently, not least that the disguise can get immediately removed without any player action just by entering combat.

An interesting thing to note is that in the data files, the disguises already have costume-interface icons ready for them, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before they get moved to Costumes. As VaxtinTheWolf said, and has been said many times before, the easiest way to do this would be to provide the "costume" at the end of the quest where the "disguise" is used. Then you can decide for yourself whether to keep the disguise item itself or not. It could possibly just be removed, but they sometimes remain functionally useful if you want to pass through the quest area unhindered, so leaving it up to the player whether or not to remove it would be better.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JubJub
    JubJub
    ✭✭✭
    Loving these proposed changes so far especially the ones making heavy armor much more viable for pvp, sorcs are overreacting with the ward nerf, and dk poison sounds awsome!
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like an option to group the resource bars together above the skill bar similarily to how addons have done it. Of course giving the bars a little more space between each other, but with them as they are and using the stat increasing food, the Magicka bar often "clips" under the chat box unless you make the chat box's width more narrow to prevent that by yourself.

Also, on the PTS my resource bard arent vanishing when full, and the values done update if I change one of the options, needing me to make use of the resource for any number or option change to trigger. Or reload the UI.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh.... Whelp maybe I am wrong but that change to wrecking blow just made Stam Sorc a lot worse in pvp, unless they provide another reliable melee range stun.

Or maybe you should go play nightblade if you were relying on wrecking blow to make stam sorc work...

So instead of playing the way he wants he should reroll to the FOTM. Idk see why not...WB stun moved to Incapacitating strike because, ya know.. those NBs were having a tough time controlling fights? Why not take the best trait off the strongest universal stamina ability and give it to the already over powered class. I'm all for the WB nerf, and as a Stam DK it doesn't effect m3, but if you don't have sympathy for Stam sorc you should probably review the skills/builds available to them.

I am a stam sorc.... prolly one that has more playtime on it than most of the other stam sorcs on this forum combined.

I just have no sympathy for anyone relying on wrecking blow. That skill caters to noobs, it needed a heavy nerf. Get better and explore other tools available to you instead of going the path of forum whining. If you are not willing (since about everyone is able to) to get better, chose an easier setup, i.e. nightblade but dont cry about necessary nerfs.

I rolled my Stam Sorc about a month after launch and I have tried a lot of Stam Sorc builds over the years, so a far as exploring tools I'd say I've explored most of what is available. 2H has been consistently good for Stam Sorc through out all of that time, and will probably continue to be good for Stam for the foreseeable future, but worse than before.The point I was trying to make is less about wrecking blow, and more about how there isn't really two melee range abilities available to Stam Sorc that combine to give a similar effect to that was previously achievable with 1 ability. That gap in utility, at least from my perspective, needs to be addressed (maybe through some class skill changes) and is worth whining about.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on April 27, 2016 3:06PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    Uppercut: This ability and the Wrecking Blow morph no longer knockback and stun enemies hit.
    giphy.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
    Dizzying Swing will no longer apply the Minor Maim debuff to enemies hit; instead, it will add a knockback and stun to the ability.
    giphy.gif

Looks like somebody can't counter wb spammers. It's quite easy. Walk through him, dodge roll etc.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, but functionally they work differently, not least that the disguise can get immediately removed without any player action just by entering combat.

An interesting thing to note is that in the data files, the disguises already have costume-interface icons ready for them, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before they get moved to Costumes. As VaxtinTheWolf said, and has been said many times before, the easiest way to do this would be to provide the "costume" at the end of the quest where the "disguise" is used. Then you can decide for yourself whether to keep the disguise item itself or not. It could possibly just be removed, but they sometimes remain functionally useful if you want to pass through the quest area unhindered, so leaving it up to the player whether or not to remove it would be better.

As VaxtinTheWolf said, and has been said many times before, the easiest way to do this would be to provide the "costume" at the end of the quest where the "disguise" is used.

My characters will be delighted to hear that the magic to change their disguises into costumes is there. <3
  • Theshebz
    Theshebz
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theshebz wrote: »
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.

It's what ZOS does best?!!!
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This one found something odd in the werewolf notes.

Call of the Pack: Redesigned this passive ability so it now reduces the cost of staying in Werewolf form by 10/20% for
    each transformed Werewolf in your group, including yourself, up to a maximum of 40/80% at Ranks I/II.

Currently there is no cost to stay in form as it's done a timer, and that time is increased by various means. So is this note incorrect or has there been a major revision of how the ultimate works?

I believe this means that the timer will go down slower allowing for more time to feed and maintain the form.
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Extra question about the WW Call of the Pack change, by "in group" do you mean for each nearby or for each person physically grouped with you, and if it is for each group member is there a range on the passive?
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that for no CP campaigns we can still use our gear or are the veteran changements affecting also the gear usable in these campaigns?
    I mean, if a player has gear lvl 50 + 160 CP, does he/she have to craft/get gear lvl 50 + 0 CP?
    I hope not.
    Edited by Helluin on April 27, 2016 5:11PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Champion point effectiveness is just suppressed there. I don't think it will make you remake gear specifically for that.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With these damage shields Ive seen sorcs pull an entire dungeon of mobs onto themselves then just spam AOEs while not being hurt at all. Sorry but that was too OP and that doesnt even include PVP. Pretty sure thats not what they intended with those damage shields.

And I've seen nightblades, templars, and dragonknights do the exact same thing in every dungeon and in pvp. Guys, sorc shields are not some magic invincibility button. Sorcs get killed all the time in pve and pvp, and 50k shields can get drained inside of a second in VMA. It is insanely rare for me to encounter a sorc who just can't be defeated and deals this massive damage you speak of.

I kill sorcs all the time, my guild kills sorcs all the time, I'm a reasonably good sorc and good players can kill me (I have seen 18k WB in my death recap which I assume came from 0 shield damage resistance). And again, the 6s nerf does not stop sorcs from absorbing insane amounts of damage. All it does is make us nightblade bait, which they have enough of right now.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter