Official Feedback Thread for Templars

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fengrush when the pts goes live you might get kicked out of your house.

I will protect this house!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reT1dBS5Ao
    Options
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My health is 21K because I run drinks. I run with a guildmate who has 55K health and his shield is still smaller than what I get on my sorcerer who doesn't even have bastion maxed out. How much health isn't the issue here. Having abilities scales to it is not going to work well with how the game's mechanics since 1.6.

An often overlooked fact is that Sun Shield only lasts for 6s while Hardened Ward lasts over 3x as long and still scales off of a primary stat. The 6s duration is as much of a problem as the fact that is scales off of health.
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    AriBoh wrote: »
    So 2 pages and bows get a dev post and a buff in the next pts incremental. THE. ACTUAL. ***.

Here is the quote and whilst it is good for Bow-Users...
    ZOS_KNowak wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the discussion on Bow PvE DPS. We agree that "pure" Bow PvE builds are parsing a little bit lower than we'd like in dungeon and trial encounters. We want to improve Bow's sustained damage without buffing its burst (especially from Crouch), and we targeted a change that will help out Bow builds without influencing the hybrid Dual Wield/Bow or Two Handed/Bow builds (which are already very competitive).

In the next PTS build, you should see following change to the Hawk Eye passive:

Old Hawkeye:
    Increases the damage of your Bow attacks by 8/15% when striking off balance enemies.

New Hawkeye:
    Your successful Light and Heavy Attacks increase the damage of all your Bow abilities by 2/5% for 4 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.

A standard Bow PvE DPS rotation should be able to generate and maintain Hawk Eye stacks throughout a boss encounter, and this keeps it out of reach of Crouch burst or hybrid builds who only use Bow to keep up Volley or Poison Injection.

We provide 49 pages and get nothing! For shame, @ZOS_KNowak, @Wrobel - this is just insulting!

@nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is really poor on the part of ZoS. What if I prefer to rent? Or hotel it? Or timeshare? Why can't I play the way I want?
    Options
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really poor on the part of ZoS. What if I prefer to rent? Or hotel it? Or timeshare? Why can't I play the way I want?

Listen mate, you'll protect that bloody house and you'll like it m'kay!
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    So 2 pages and bows get a dev post and a buff in the next pts incremental. THE. ACTUAL. ***.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the discussion on Bow PvE DPS. We agree that "pure" Bow PvE builds are parsing a little bit lower than we'd like in dungeon and trial encounters. We want to improve Bow's sustained damage without buffing its burst (especially from Crouch), and we targeted a change that will help out Bow builds without influencing the hybrid Dual Wield/Bow or Two Handed/Bow builds (which are already very competitive).

Old Hawkeye:
    Increases the damage of your Bow attacks by 8/15% when striking off balance enemies.

New Hawkeye:
    Your successful Light and Heavy Attacks increase the damage of all your Bow abilities by 2/5% for 4 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.

A standard Bow PvE DPS rotation should be able to generate and maintain Hawk Eye stacks throughout a boss encounter, and this keeps it out of reach of Crouch burst or hybrid builds who only use Bow to keep up Volley or Poison Injection.

We provide 49 pages and get nothing! For shame, @ZOS_KNowak, @Wrobel - this is just insulting!

I'm really excited for that bow update....but yea....no feedback after 49 pages. It makes them look like they are intentionally ignoring Templar's. Why do they want us to quit so bad?

Edit: @FENGRUSH please link us a video of you "Protecting your house!", please please also include various comments on your experiences as a security guard (Templar).
    Edited by AfkNinja on February 18, 2016 10:05PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Hey guys,

Old Hawkeye:

New Hawkeye:

I'm really excited for that bow update....but yea....no feedback after 49 pages. It makes them look like they are intentionally ignoring Templar's. Why do they want us to quit so bad?

Edit: @FENGRUSH please link us a video of you "Protecting your house!", please please also include various comments on your experiences as a security guard (Templar).

tumblr_mivq21xjje1row6kfo1_500.gif
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My health is 21K because I run drinks. I run with a guildmate who has 55K health and his shield is still smaller than what I get on my sorcerer who doesn't even have bastion maxed out. How much health isn't the issue here. Having abilities scales to it is not going to work well with how the game's mechanics since 1.6.

An often overlooked fact is that Sun Shield only lasts for 6s while Hardened Ward lasts over 3x as long and still scales off of a primary stat. The 6s duration is as much of a problem as the fact that is scales off of health.

It wouldn't bother me so much if the magicka cost were 1/3rd what Hardened Ward is. We pay way too much and get far too little back: This is why Templars don't use this skill in pvp.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Old Hawkeye:

New Hawkeye:

I have them on my youtubes :P
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Sun shield does damage, etc

Ward gets weaker as they spend magicka ... Its not 10-12k (pvp #) every cast. It varies based on CURRENT magicka.

Its a trade off. I'm fine with the duration if Blazing Shield performs in PVP like it does in PVE.

Edit: due to brain damage. Move along. Nothing to see.
    Edited by Essiaga on February 18, 2016 11:15PM
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Hey guys,

Old Hawkeye:

New Hawkeye:

Thank you I will watch later. I hope you shouted "MY HOUSE" every time you won...
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Old Hawkeye:

New Hawkeye:

1 min man ... Is that all you lasted? You're playing a Stamplar. It's your build with 2 different skills and your not even standing in your house. GET IN THE HOUSE MAN!! Play a Magplar :wink: .
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    » show previous quotes

Whoa when did they let you out of the house to get onto You Tube?
    Isn't that for grown-up's only!!!!
    Options
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Ahem, 56.7k hp thank you very much. And size doesn't matter! Right? ... right? :neutral:

The sad truth is that this build comes as close to a threatening 'house' as a Templar can get.

This is cruel & deceiving for Nightblades, what will they think when they cannot burst you down in one rotation? I would imagine they would try 3-4 times and then give up, utterly confused why the Templar didn't die.

If you`re so inclined, please post your build and what it`s purpose is. I once tried a high health build that revolved around Blazing shield pre-Battlespirit.

Come to think of it I recall getting jumped by someone while I was taking my build out for a "road test"and he tried to gank me for 10 min before sending me a tell - "Nice build man, I give up." He had time to type that and leisurely make his exit because I was no threat with like 14-15k magicka and no spell power. I now wonder if this was guy was a streamer or Wrobel himself, because battlespirit came in soon after and Templar shields got wrecked.
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to run a 58k build when the shield was worth it. The whole purpose was to buy time at keeps and tie people up until help arrived or Joy eclisped me or worse the B/B twins showed up. It worked great then battle spherm happened and we all got the nerf bat.

Joy you did hand out Eclipse like Oprah and cars.

Here was Joy on a good day at a Keep. My Impersonation

You get an Eclipse, And you get an Eclipse and you too, EVERYONE GETS AN ECLIPSE !!!

Now we got no Eclipses. We should of kept the ones Joy gave us. We could really use them now.

Dont get me started on the Slaughter-Fish Brothers
    Edited by SeptimusDova on February 18, 2016 10:57PM
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno I definately think the three you tagged to be our representatives have some great knowledge and ideas on certain aspects of the templar class but I don't think they alone can or should be the voice of all templars. I am not going to name and shame here but for example one of the guys you quoted stated a couple of months back that stamina templars should win a duel versus a stamina DK without a doubt. This despite him only playing magicka and having hardly any experience with PvP either. Don't think I have to go into a deeper discussion here why one of the worst PvP builds atm (stamplar) can't match up to the best 1v1 build; stamina DK, but nevertheless that was what he insisted on being the case. I simply do not think a person like that should or could represent every templars interest in any make believe communication ZOS would have between a few elected representatives of the templar community. I think each of us individually should just continue to champion the cause and keep to the areas of the class we have knowledge and experience in and let the rest up to someone else. :)
    Options
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »

Ward gets weaker as they spend magicka ... Its not 10-12k (pvp #) every cast. It varies based on CURRENT magicka.

Its a trade off. I'm fine with the duration if Blazing Shield performs in PVP like it does in PVE.

Ward is based on your maximum magika.....
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Ward is based on your maximum magika.....

Opps. Haven't played my sorc in months. Still v1 for since update 6. I thought I remember it being based on current and therefore diminishing. I haven't been playing much the past 3 months and my brain is damaged.

It needs a nerf.
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    brain damage
    Edited by Essiaga on February 18, 2016 11:15PM
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radburn wrote: »
    Zheg wrote: »

Ahem, 56.7k hp thank you very much. And size doesn't matter! Right? ... right? :neutral:

The sad truth is that this build comes as close to a threatening 'house' as a Templar can get.

This is cruel & deceiving for Nightblades, what will they think when they cannot burst you down in one rotation? I would imagine they would try 3-4 times and then give up, utterly confused why the Templar didn't die.

If you`re so inclined, please post your build and what it`s purpose is. I once tried a high health build that revolved around Blazing shield pre-Battlespirit.

Come to think of it I recall getting jumped by someone while I was taking my build out for a "road test"and he tried to gank me for 10 min before sending me a tell - "Nice build man, I give up." He had time to type that and leisurely make his exit because I was no threat with like 14-15k magicka and no spell power. I now wonder if this was guy was a streamer or Wrobel himself, because battlespirit came in soon after and Templar shields got wrecked.

You're welcome to whisp me in game, I've been happy to share the build with the many people that whisper me after fights with a 'wtf' comment. I won't post anything successful on the forums, least of all for templars, simply because of wrobel.

The build's original purpose was to be anti-meta and have fun and 1vX a bit, and it was highly successful at that. I've done the full spectrum of pvp and between the lag, not seeing old friends log in any more, broken mechanics, poor class balance, unchecked power creep, and unresponsive developers - it was a nice change of pace to have 15+ minute long fights with multiple people at a time, get a few kills, or stalemate and end up /lute'ing each other. It's rare when fights go that long that people are prone to the tbags and hate tells that drive our poorer natures in cyrodiil, and it's a breath of fresh air once in a while to say 'awesome fight' and mean it. One of my favorite things to do is run in the middle of a field until a NB tries to gank, and then I have a good laugh as they fail miserably, and occasionally die.

Since the original iteration, I've adapted it to become a tanky rez templar for group play. It also helps being near unkillable when raid leading. The damage output is highly successful when you're being bombed or fighting larger numbers, but is wet noodle when you are trying to bomb. Resource management is the difficulty as you're running bare-bones magicka and stam, and good players will know how to counter the build, even if they can't kill you. Lately I've run into issues simply because I tend to throw myself into groups that most would lose to when solo, and if there's even minor lag I can't get the skills off I need to in time to survive or kill players. As Joy indicated previously, I've developed a sometimes unhealthy relationship with the ayleid wells and could probably find the main ones even without my map by now.

Anyway, it's a niche build, highly successful at what it does, has counters, and would gladly be abandoned for a full revamp of the blazing shield mechanics and the templar class overall.
    Edited by Zheg on February 18, 2016 11:52PM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @maxjapank - If I want to compete in PvE trials, I have to maximize my magicka pool. So when I come to PvP, my health is going to be low because I am not respecing my character every day. Thus, it is not fair for ZoS to scale stuff off of my health. That's what I meant. Hope this clears it up :smile:

I understand about not wanting to respec your character. But you can have one set of gear for PvE and one set for PvP. You can even glyph for health if need be on your PvP gear. I think PvE and PvP are two separate playstyles, at least for Templars. And you just cannot treat them the same.

I guess I don't like extremes because they don't provide an accurate picture of the average player. 21k health is just way too low. The average Templar and player should have at least 25k health imo, in which case Blazing Shield will be higher. This still is too low and I fully support a buff to Blazing Shield. But I think basing feedback on the average values of players is more beneficial.
    As for the breath of life parses, those were the secondary heals, not the primary one on me. Usually my secondary heals are about 4K. It was a mobile situation so no focused healing passive. The heals weren't crits. I don't know. It is what it is. The combat log does not lie. A lot of folks upset with healing seem to think when I hit the breath of life button a bunch of 15K heals just magically appear. It doesn't work that way.

I figured those were secondary heals, but even so, it still is an extreme example of a very low BoLs. And just as you say that a lot of folks think that BoL instantly produces 15k heals...it just isn't true.
    I think it is good you are trying to find some explanation for these results that derive from something other than templar mechanics. It's an absolute prerequisite for objective analysis. All the variables have to be considered. However, I feel confident that what I wrote and the screenshots took are representative of stuff that happens every night in Cyrodiil. I do not think templars have a toolkit that gives them the defensive and resource management options needed to stay in their "house" and contend with the damage and other means of attack they will face in the next patch.

I agree with this statement. Templars do need more, especially with some of the passives. But I think some of the players here are over-exaggerating about the "house" thing.

I use Rune Focus extensiviely in Pvp to keep my damage mitigation buffs up. And there is a big difference in incoming damage when I let this buff fall off. If you are running around in a zerg, you will likely not feel the difference. But in smaller group play, you really need to balance yourself between attacking and keeping defensive buffs up. In 5L/2H, I am at 33k spell resistance and 27k physical resistance. So yes..I am an extreme case so not a good representation of the average Templar. I am mostly a healer as well...but I also help attack when I can.

I don't think some Templars are used to playing with Rune Focus for the purpose of keeping the spell and phys buffs up. I am so used to putting it down and moving in and out of it that nothing in this patch changes how I play. I am used to keeping those buffs up for 8 secs...and planting a new one down when I need to move further away.

But here is the thing that I don't agree with. In order to be more successful in pvp, Templars are going to have to use Rune Focus and get used to playing with those 8 secs. You really do not have a choice. You must have this skill on your bar. You are forced to choose this skill because it is that good and you will suffer if you don't have it. And....8 secs is still a bit restrictive for many players.

If Sun Shield was better, it would allow Templars to make a choice. But it's not. So I am again very supportive of buffing Sun Shield to allow more freedom in gameplay. But...let's try to get a better representation of the average pvp players stats, rather than working with extremes.

Anyways..this is just my two cents...and no need to respond. But thank you for replying to me. Cheers :)

Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm personally considered about our movement being stripped away. How in the hell does ZOS expect Templars to do Maelstrom Arena for instance, with ever-changing dynamic environments, am I meant to stand still Puncturing Sweeping nothing just stand there as I'm being ranged down?
    If I leave the rune it strips away all the resources I will have.
    At this point, if this continues and they continue this amazing game changing vision I'm most likely not going to continue this garbage - because honestly this is a completely rubbish decision based on PvP and it is based on those Solo 1vX players who don't often think about the other half of the game and attempt to rip apart a class, and then it sparks a light in @Wrobels head to change and take a new direction.
    Think about the other half of your game and think that since you have a Templar leaderboard for Maelstrom Arena that determines the class is just more than a healing resource bot.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are fine guys... Stop it... Stop the QQ And # buff Sorcs more to compensate for you lazy healers <.<
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Templars are fine guys... Stop it... Stop the QQ And # buff Sorcs more to compensate for you lazy healers <.<

1/10 go troll the sorcs.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0/10 would not read again
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    ... I use Rune Focus extensiviely in Pvp to keep my damage mitigation buffs up. And there is a big difference in incoming damage when I let this buff fall off. If you are running around in a zerg, you will likely not feel the difference. But in smaller group play, you really need to balance yourself between attacking and keeping defensive buffs up. In 5L/2H, I am at 33k spell resistance and 27k physical resistance. So yes..I am an extreme case so not a good representation of the average Templar. I am mostly a healer as well...but I also help attack when I can.

I don't think some Templars are used to playing with Rune Focus for the purpose of keeping the spell and phys buffs up. I am so used to putting it down and moving in and out of it that nothing in this patch changes how I play. I am used to keeping those buffs up for 8 secs...and planting a new one down when I need to move further away....

The reality is that you're no more tanky with that buff then most other class though. Sorc has major/minor Resolve/Ward on Lightning Form and Bound Armor and get WAY more utility out of those skills them including increased max magicka which increases their damage AND their shields and the Expedition buff.

So in 1 skills they already have more ability to stand their ground while moving faster, and max resources, etc. I guess someone has to stink.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I use Rune Focus extensiviely in Pvp to keep my damage mitigation buffs up. And there is a big difference in incoming damage when I let this buff fall off. If you are running around in a zerg, you will likely not feel the difference. But in smaller group play, you really need to balance yourself between attacking and keeping defensive buffs up. In 5L/2H, I am at 33k spell resistance and 27k physical resistance. So yes..I am an extreme case so not a good representation of the average Templar. I am mostly a healer as well...but I also help attack when I can.

I don't think some Templars are used to playing with Rune Focus for the purpose of keeping the spell and phys buffs up. I am so used to putting it down and moving in and out of it that nothing in this patch changes how I play. I am used to keeping those buffs up for 8 secs...and planting a new one down when I need to move further away....

The reality is that you're no more tanky with that buff then most other class though. Sorc has major/minor Resolve/Ward on Lightning Form and Bound Armor and get WAY more utility out of those skills them including increased max magicka which increases their damage AND their shields and the Expedition buff.

So in 1 skills they already have more ability to stand their ground while moving faster, and max resources, etc. I guess someone has to stink.

DK Hardened Armor ain't no slouch either, and NB passive gives you 4 seconds of that same buff with activation of any shadow ability which obviously has a whole lot of utility.

The point is that if Templar has to be so anchored in place to get the same buff, there should be a whole lot more than just some magicka or minor protection. Major Protection would be good, considering the size of the rune, and that could wear off right away if you leave the rune.
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

DK Hardened Armor ain't no slouch either, and NB passive gives you 4 seconds of that same buff with activation of any shadow ability which obviously has a whole lot of utility.

The point is that if Templar has to be so anchored in place to get the same buff, there should be a whole lot more than just some magicka or minor protection. Major Protection would be good, considering the size of the rune, and that could wear off right away if you leave the rune.

... on both morphs.

Honestly I think Channeling should have Major Evasion and Restoring should have Major Protection since Restoring is more the Tank/Stam morph and they can take Shuffle. I would beat some would still be using Immovable anyways.

I think being in MY House skill should provide Minor Protection in our passives.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

1/10 go troll the sorcs.
    0/10 would not read again

Seriously folks, that is humor not trolling. In no possible way, shape or form could that be considered trolling.

I give it a 6/10 because I almost smiled.

Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Templars like:

15f08fa90081323a3e2c7e35a5e069aece8ec14188d96f4c86cca782b87110fe.jpg

When playing my templar, I resign myself to my fate and go full beserker.

It would be nice though to have some skills that make me die less.
    Options