delayed release of information

• SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again this much meltdown of some people here... If you are sooo frustated with everything, why just why do you bother with this game? Just leave. It is better for you or at least your blood pressure. I understand that you are disappointed. I was excited for this monday my self but... this lack of mitigation is the worst part of everything around TESO for me. Get your self togehter an go, if you annoyed. Just go. Your rage in this form helps nobody.
    Ooooorrrrrr.... we could let people vent and not be so frustrated over other people's frustration. But even better, add some humor this thread. Help people maintain perspective or at least offer a chance to smile. Perhaps with a cleverly chosen/created meme or video. Maybe something with animals :) For example, adding a caption that connects a theme from the current thread to this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHpYBwzlfTc

Are the birds the upset players? Does the toy represent timely info? Maybe the toy is the unknown event/factor causing the delays and the birds are ZOS employees? Lots of ways to go with it. Or just enjoy it as is. :relaxed:

Here's one for when we finally learn something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBAEA9F5Qs

Okay lets try :-)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again this much meltdown of some people here... If you are sooo frustated with everything, why just why do you bother with this game? Just leave. It is better for you or at least your blood pressure. I understand that you are disappointed. I was excited for this monday my self but... this lack of mitigation is the worst part of everything around TESO for me. Get your self togehter an go, if you annoyed. Just go. Your rage in this form helps nobody.

I paid a subscription for a year and was promised content durring that time, to be released durring that time, and played during that time. Since then, the company continually told us the, next month, next month, next patch, next update, next spring line over and over, all while dropping the sub plan, making that money spent a waste because all I have to show for $280.00 is a glitch, bugged riddled pvp less game.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From now on, I. C. WILL be referred to as Improbable City.
    Let everyone know and use the crap out of it.

I thought it was the Imaginary City. Improbable means that it could actually exist, but that it is just unlikely. :smile:
    Tyvarra wrote: »
    The only thing that would explain an information delay is that they are planning to release 1.7 (on PTS) next week and want to make sure they can really make it in time?!

Just a thought... ;) What else of BIG news could it be?

That is actually what I have been thinking and someone forgot to prep the PTS. The PTS is still on 2.0.8 and LIVE is on 2.0.13. Of course, the big question is are they going to restrict the PTS to subscribers only. The people who go to the PTS are few to begin and with subs being optional, are there enough people to properly test the game?

If history is any indication, the patch won't be live until September anyways. They usually have six weeks between the PTS and going LIVE. It is already mid-July so with six weeks of PTS, that makes the release of 2.1 early September.

I was watching on Sunday to see if the Live team was going to be pushing a PC/Mac patch out on Monday (today). That would certainly explain the delay, if they were also intending to prep for a PTS drop this week. There are Console patches, but no PC/Mac patch. If they are trying to load it on PTS this week and say "SURPRISE! SURPRISE!" (you have to do Gomer Pyle when you read that) then we will probably have to wait until at least Wednesday. They certainly would not want to tell us anything at all about this place (what was the name of it again?) unless they had the big surprise ready.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was to compare this game to a Pyle, well, my second choice would be..

[snip]

Only about five seconds latter.

Can't post a pic of the first choice

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on July 13, 2015 5:15PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City does exist.

It's just been temporarily dragged into Coldharbour, and will be returned forthwith.

In the meantime, enjoy these puppies.

b59cedf0a544cfaab87061ecd87d3371.jpg
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ These are NOT Puppies. These are SKATEBOARDING PUPPIES!!!! OMG!
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Llafn_Nos
    Llafn_Nos
    ✭✭
    I have been subscribed since launch, in the hope of more content 'Soon' TM, well more fool me. I have now canceled, will I carry on playing? Yes, but at a much reduced rate. I need new content as do many here. Will it cost us? Absolutely - if ZOS give it away I will eat my hat!

We all love this game passionately - that is why there are so many 'negative' posts, not because of the game but how its managed. A complete lack of any meaningful information and missed dates only makes things worse.

So I have done the only thing I can do - unsubscribe.

ZOS you can have my subscription back 'Soon' TM.
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid a subscription for a year and was promised content durring that time, to be released durring that time, and played during that time. Since then, the company continually told us the, next month, next month, next patch, next update, next spring line over and over, all while dropping the sub plan, making that money spent a waste because all I have to show for $280.00 is a glitch, bugged riddled pvp less game.

I am up for: don't share your visions for the game just release content when its ready to release. That would be so much better. No "false" hopes. Nobody could say: "they promissed me this last month and its noth here yet" and so on. That would be awesome. They only problem will be, what do we do with the people who want news about the game. Or something they could hope for for this game. But well this is not important I guess. At least nobody would be angry about the "broken" promisses...

Ofcourse there will be rage. There will always be rage...

They never said: imperial city will be up in November or something. They never promissed this. But yeah, tell me about the said: "next month, next month". No offense, but this is not true! Just because you said to your self, they should release it "next month, next month" is it no disappointment from Zenimax. If somebody allways have to find excuses, why she/he still plays the game, that bad. Just go and find something better for you...
    Edited by SorataArisugawa on July 13, 2015 12:36PM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say it here.

IC released as upgrade as a "Thank you" for all your support.

At the same time, Orsinium will be formally announced as DLC.

PTS for IC week of the 27th July.

Release of IC as "Update" and NOT DLC, 24th August.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember before console launch we were discussing when we thought we might get new content.

I recall September being mentioned and greeted - rightly - with horror.

Well if they announce something this week we won't see it on the PTS before the first or second week of August.

Then we are looking at early September at the very earliest for release.

It's been a very long wait for the PC players. Much too long.

Better be worth it and I hope you never make us wait like this again. Because we might not be so willing to wait for you if there is a next time.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »

I like your moxy. You're hired, kid.

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're wrong be prepared to have your soul taken by Molag Bal. :tongue::wink:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hehey people.
    so.... the "release of information" was delayed.
    and i am the last one to know it.
    haha zeni, you troll! you always fool me

tumblr_llj0djxts31qbipv3o1_500.gif?w=500&h=375
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got it on Jan. 3rd 2015. Least of my concerns :dizzy:

Would be more concerned if the wife gets it tbh :D lol

• EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From now on, I. C. WILL be referred to as Improbable City.
    Let everyone know and use the crap out of it.

Or Incomplete City? Or maybe I (can't believe we are still waiting a year later) City.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Wellll, if you read their post, which will prob. be changed now....
    @ZOS wrote:
    Members of the ESOTU development team will be discussing Imperial City and what else you can see in our next major content update.

Certainly reads as Free in the content update to me.

• NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because if they held it for just one extra month, it could go live just in time to be advertised as a major Christmas dlc gift.
    If anything, Nothing, including pts untill September.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A fair guess on timing. I tend to agree. Not sure about the free IC, though, but it is not outside the realm of possibility. I still cannot find the original comment, but I pulled this out in June from a scratch document I created earlier. I still think that ZOS is tracking on the outside of this timeline.
    I cannot find it, but I am sure it is out there somewhere, but my timeline from a couple months ago is that the first DLC (and Update "1.7") would be posted on PTS in late June to middle July and spend anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks on PTS for release in August or September, with the first week in October included in September because ZOS never does anything on time.

Second DLC, which we now know is Orsinium, would be posted to PTS in September or October with release in November or December, with the first half of January counting as December 2015.

With ZOS it is always good to remember that the first two weeks, or so, of a month are actually part of the previous month. I don't know where they buy their calendars, but I do wish they would change suppliers. :smile: That means that if they say "July" they could mean anything from July 1 through August 14.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    How am I supposed to have any confidence in this game when ZoS can't even get a presentation that they had a year to develop right?

^ This.

Investors must be pulling their money out of this faster than they are out of Greece; and if they aren't they probably should be.

All The Best

What investors? AFAIK the only 'investor' is Bethesda/Zenimax themselves...

There are a TON of investors in Zenimax (also most of them are quite nervous about their money at the moment).

Zenimax, of course, being the parent company of both ZOS(Zenimax online services) and Bethesda.

IIRC a major hedge fund that had a ton of money in Zenimax recently went belly-up or had some sort of shareholder scandal. Can't be bothered to go hunting for info about it now.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LrdRahvin These Chaps. And certainly not "belly up" :dizzy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Providence_Equity_Partners

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Wellll, if you read their post, which will prob. be changed now....
    @ZOS wrote:
    Members of the ESOTU development team will be discussing Imperial City and what else you can see in our next major content update.

Certainly reads as Free in the content update to me.

That " what else " is 95% of the content update which includes "convenient" items in the crown store. Dont get your hopes up for anything more. Sorry, just had about enough of this crap. Fixes for stuff no one complained about, more crown store items, even more crown store items, and coming in 1.7 EVEN MORE CROWN STORE ITEMS!!!!! Elderscrolls Online: Crown store unlimited! :)
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh...ty for link...was pretty sure my memory on them was pretty hazy :)
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's depressing. I defended the team repeatedly in discussion with numerous guild members. Now I look like a fool.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's depressing. I defended the team repeatedly in discussion with numerous guild members. Now I look like a fool.

Anyone who bought the game and supports them is looking like a fool every time this stuff happens :P i think it is why we all stay, we love the abuse
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

Anyone who bought the game and supports them is looking like a fool every time this stuff happens :P i think it is why we all stay, we love the abuse

Well, I am a glutton for punishment. I once told people D&D 4th Edition was going to be good. Then of course the books came out.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

Well, I am a glutton for punishment. I once told people D&D 4th Edition was going to be good. Then of course the books came out.

..........the 5.0 is better than 4, but 3.5 is still my favorite personally :P
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unfortunately...

Those timescales mean a lot of work for developers "fine-tuning" the release from the initial PTS results... and that might get delayed over July and August as most people have holidays booked. Also I imagine there might be a drop in PTS testers (sorry, players) as we go outside(!) to enjoy the summer weather.

From my own experience of software development, "delay" actually means "fess up, and set a new, realistic deadline" unlike "slip" which means "sorry it's a little late, software never comes in on time".

IC released in Autumn; Orsinium will be a Christmas present - but one that we have to buy.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were actually still subbing and the delay in information THIS ONE SPECIFIC TIME is what finally put you over the edge to unsub? You know the saying "fool me once...?" Well shame on you, whoever was still just paying to wait for information rather than paying because you enjoy the product. You are the enablers for this stuff paying in for so long with nothing.

I don't pay for a sub, or even log in much anymore. But I can understand those paying for it who just like what they have. I don't understand the people who have been disgruntled and still paying for it until now, though.
    Edited by technohic on July 13, 2015 2:32PM
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos really isnt working on having all those eso+ subs back it seems.

I cancelled my sub recently due to the fact there is absolutely NO new content flow coming into this game to justify my support. The last "major" updates have added little improvement to the game in the way of performance (except maybe the sound improvements for Cyrodiil lag).

Now with this constant delay on even giving us something to be excited for while we wait for some actual new content is becoming a huge rash on my virtual skin!

Managing to keep myself and my guild busy and entertained while we wait for real improvements to the game and new content is becoming frustrating!

ZOS give me something that warrants my monetary support or you will be losing me and I am sure many others to new and expansion MMOs that are doing a better job!
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.

Naw. They already looked us in the eyes and sold us a 3000 crown mount. We will probably be lucky if the DLC that has actual content is only 5000. If one ugly (lore breaking?) mount costs 3000 you would have to assume an entire DLC will be 10k crowns or more.

If they try to charge us for Imperial City, content that was promised to us shortly after launch (when we were all paying for the game monthly) then it would cause a HUGE exodus of players (myself included).
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD