Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

• raffa
    raffa
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    This is a nasty PR hit and ... completely unnecessary! We have no idea what you were announcing on Monday. You should have given us what details you can on Monday. No need to mention that certain things were excised. Then on Wednesday or Thursday, say, "Hey, we have more to share!" Now you have people really excited. Instead you shoot yourselves in the foot. :(

I hate to add to posts that attack the developers; but this is rather spot on. It seems more like ZoS is trolling the fan base by coming out and saying your delaying the information. I don't think that the Soon(tm) i see joked about by employee's is that funny. I'm rather new to the game, I really enjoy playing, but have been extremely put off by recent event's and the extreme lack of transparency from ZoS.

We are talking about a video game here, not murder, *** and pillaging or WMD's in Iraq.

The way you handle releasing information in what seems to be a continuous pattern is certainly looked heavily down on. So I would, as having some experience in PR, reexamine your strategies.
    Edited by raffa on July 11, 2015 1:25AM
    vr14 nb rapha'gg na pc
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My prediction is that the information in question is included in the Patch Notes for the PTS, and that for some technical reason, they've delayed the actual patch time for the PTS, possibly due to the need to copy over characters. I wouldn't read too much into it, and honestly, a day or three delay isn't really going to make much difference. Patience, grasshoppers.
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    The executives making these terrible decisions are hiding behind the community managers when they should be the ones telling us why there is yet another delay. It is beyond unprofessional to continuously go back on your word, and frankly embarrassing. I used to be such a fan of this game, but now I'm apathetic. It doesn't matter when or what the announcement is anymore...

post-25080-Sansa-Stark-oh-wait-I-just-rea-Cf5m.gif
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW.................Just...................WOW "Hey Everybody look forward to 13th July you will all really enjoy it"

Imperial City was shown to us in 2014 .....its in Bold and i'll type it again 2014 You have shown us and told us completely NOTHING Since the first Video at Quakecon 2014....there it is again.

I cancelled my sub last week, because as a player I know nothing of the future of this game, PvP is so broken at this current time with so many OP builds aka Permaroll, 1 shoting, Nirn stacking, Shield stacking, 600+ CP grinders that I just don't want to play anymore. If I hadn't watched ESO live last week I wouldn't have the foggiest clue that you actually have changes in the works to fix these things, and by keeping these fixes for the larger patches is really not going to do your selves any favours.

Adding a 2 second frame of Bear mounts to an old re hashed video does not get me exited for the next big patch, and once again tells me nothing of the future to this game.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prediction is that the information in question is included in the Patch Notes for the PTS, and that for some technical reason, they've delayed the actual patch time for the PTS, possibly due to the need to copy over characters. I wouldn't read too much into it, and honestly, a day or three delay isn't really going to make much difference. Patience, grasshoppers.
    For many people, it isn't a day or thee, it's a week shy of 365 days. I can understand why they are miffed.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere along the line I heard something about racial passive changes in 1.7. Not sure if confirmed or denied. I've been thinking about making a new character to kill time, would be very nice to know if/what they are changing.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very. Crab hats. Only.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace-2112 wrote: »
    Console White Knights please come back in 2016 were your opinions might actually matter.

Choises...choises...choises...

Buy a $600 computer last year to play ESO on until it releases on PS4...then spend another $400 to buy the PS4 and hope they do a character transfer.
    or
    Wait a year and just buy the PS4 and play the game I have drooled over since it was even rumoured to be on the way.

Yeah...that $1000 in the first scenario would work so well on a "fixed income" (disabilty).

Most of us "console gamers" have WANTED TO PLAY for the past year, while "PC Gamers" GOT TO PLAY for the past year.

And then, when we FINALLY GET THE GAME, it doesn't even have a basic communication option that is common to any REAL MMO.
    And, "The Devs" won't even REPLY to us about the topic!

Yeah...ya'll got it so rough. *shakes head*

Suck it up ButterCups!

~Ace
    PC players are not to blame for your issues. Nor are they to blame for the issues they also have had to put up with. What is the point of turning it into a "who is more deserving of a right to complain" kind of issue? Why should anyone, PC/Mac or console, have to "suck it up"? How is the issue here not focused on the product and the company producing it?

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind most of us have also been paying for this game the last year and a half. The game, which was on a good coarse, was put on hold and changed to btp for you console folks. Our voices and helping them get through the release and further with our money have helped the devs make it a better game. You havent been through what we have so dont come here and pass judgement on our displeasure of how we have been treated.

We are still waiting on new content. All we wanted was just to hear about what is coming and we were let down again. Its about trust and even us "fan boys" are losing faith.
    Edited by Komma on July 11, 2015 2:50AM
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console White Knights please come back in 2016 were your opinions might actually matter.

Buy a $600 computer last year to play ESO on until it releases on PS4...then spend another $400 to buy the PS4 and hope they do a character transfer.
    or
    Wait a year and just buy the PS4 and play the game I have drooled over since it was even rumoured to be on the way.

Yeah...that $1000 in the first scenario would work so well on a "fixed income" (disabilty).

Most of us "console gamers" have WANTED TO PLAY for the past year, while "PC Gamers" GOT TO PLAY for the past year.

And then, when we FINALLY GET THE GAME, it doesn't even have a basic communication option that is common to any REAL MMO.

Suck it up ButterCups!

~Ace
    PC players are not to blame for your issues. Nor are they to blame for the issues they also have had to put up with. What is the point of turning it into a "who is more deserving of a right to complain" kind of issue? Why should anyone, PC/Mac or console, have to "suck it up"? How is the issue here not focused on the product and the company producing it?
    I was replying to a "PC Gamer" that basicly told "console gamers" they didn't have a right to speak...at all.

I clearly wrote in the last paragraph whom I held responsible.
    Hint: It wasn't "PC Gamers".

It is just that "PC Gamers" are mostly acting as if this "delay of information" only affects them...it doesn't.

Edited by Ace_of_Destiny on July 11, 2015 2:51AM
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not hard now is it, if Console had launched the same time as PC would you still be defending their actions...... I think not!
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is degenerating into an "Us versus Them" thread.

I hereby apologize for my part in this "degenration".

I am now leaving this thread as I feel it may be *locked* soon (TM) anyway.

Good Luck Ya'll! :)

EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    !

I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    You must be new here...we've been waiting for information on Imperial City since last Quakecon.

The latest delay is just par for the course.

That's one of the laters I also mentioned.

But come on seriously, I feel like subscribers should be compensated at this point I have been paying for months expecting content and getting zero. I am really dissapointed over this. A guild I have been working very hard on for 1.5 years now is close to death simply because it's impossible to find people to do anything now adays. Something should happen FFS.

Don't feel bad. My guild has long been dead. Your guild has survived much longer than mine! It is kind of pointless to try and manage a guild at this point (at least in my experience). The loss of people due to quitting so outstrips the ability to recruit that it's a huge waste of time and most people want a guild trader which adds even more impossible burden to an aspiring guild leader. Add in all the lacking guild management/security functionality and it's just not worth the effort. This game is not guild friendly AT ALL.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or

Suck it up ButterCups!

~Ace
    I was replying to a "PC Gamer" that basicly told "console gamers" they didn't have a right to speak...at all.

I clearly wrote in the last paragraph whom I held responsible.
    Hint: It wasn't "PC Gamers".

It is just that "PC Gamers" are mostly acting as if this "delay of information" only affects them...it doesn't.

Not so clear. You simply said the devs won't respond, which is what people are complaining about in this thread and on these forums in general. In any case, I am not sure where PC/Mac people are saying only they are affected by delays so I may have missed that. If it happened that is silly.

I don't even know for sure whether most of the people complaining are playing on a computer, a console, or both. In any case, my point was that this shouldn't be a computer vs. console argument over who has a more legit complaint/right to gripe. Having people jab at each other to "put a sock in it" or "suck it up" seems to me to be focusing on the wrong thing. In any case, CriD was correct that too much negativity can become counterproductive, so, having tried my best to steer the focus back to what players want from ZOS rather than attacking each other, I will bow out of that subtopic and hope the thread is productive, if in no other way than showing how frustrated many players have become. :)

• Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely unacceptable, disappointing, and once again indicative of poor management.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.

Naw. They already looked us in the eyes and sold us a 3000 crown mount. We will probably be lucky if the DLC that has actual content is only 5000. If one ugly (lore breaking?) mount costs 3000 you would have to assume an entire DLC will be 10k crowns or more.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't understand.

It isn't like they said they would release the CONTENT on the 13th, but discovered a bug or something and realized it wasn't quite ready, so pushed back the release date. That would be fairly common.

But this was just INFORMATION they said they were going to release. What happened, did someone sneak in and steal their report? Did the Dollhouse remote-wipe their brains?

How can INFORMATION about content be ready, then not. It makes no sense.
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.

Naw. They already looked us in the eyes and sold us a 3000 crown mount. We will probably be lucky if the DLC that has actual content is only 5000. If one ugly (lore breaking?) mount costs 3000 you would have to assume an entire DLC will be 10k crowns or more.

They have to price it high enough that the ESO-Plus can look like a "good deal" with regards to the "free DLC usage" part of it. ;)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    !

• Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't like they said they would release the CONTENT on the 13th, but discovered a bug or something and realized it wasn't quite ready, so pushed back the release date. That would be fairly common.

But this was just INFORMATION they said they were going to release. What happened, did someone sneak in and steal their report? Did the Dollhouse remote-wipe their brains?

My eyes fell out when you referenced "Dollhouse". (lol!)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    !

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The information is probably not ready. The stars are not properly aligned. Someone's horoscope is wrong. Monday is a birthday and the are all off at a party. Maryland is planning to have a snow storm. The janitor lost the keys to the office. Who knows, but I am sure that it is terribly important.

The information is probably not ready.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 11, 2015 4:31AM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Roco32373
    Roco32373
    ✭✭✭
    I just deleted ESO off of my PS4, canceled my ESO Plus subscription, and decided to concentrate on FFXIV: Heavenward. I only have time for one MMO.

I definitely like the ES universe better, but the FF team just does a whole lot better job of adding content (and not just to the "store"), supporting the game, and adding quality of life things.

I wish ESO had the FF team behind it...oh my, that would be amazing.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry but i have been "holding on" for this game to get actual endgame and progression for over a year....
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    So here's what I'm doing not be shy about it... I'm waiting until imperial city and maybe one more to see if @zos can get it together and if they don't then that will be it for me . I've invested 70 days played into this game and absolutely love the idea and the very base of the game. But at this point it's a joke for any one of us to believe a word they say. Now I'm gonna try and say this where they won't remove my post. There team is insuffiecient and there dealing with the community is the same. Please stop lying to us really like I'm truly being sincere. You guys are literally making people leave.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CriD wrote: »
    What do you think they did, copied and pasted?

Yep, pretty much
    You even got all the bugs copied
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am bummed about the delay, but at least they are letting us know in advance. I far prefer when they communicate with us, than when they are just annoyingly silent about everything.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    Thank you, Gina, for not just posting "Soon (tm)" or similar. :-)
    Search back to late summer or autumn last year, you'll find 'soon' in relation to IC when ZOS were saying it was nearly ready for release 9+ months ago.

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZOS I just had a brilliant idea! :smiley:
    Instead of just releasing Imperial City outright, I'm think you guys should do a
    LIMITED TIME EARLY ACCESS to Imperial City and make it a Crown Store Exclusive in order to give the people who really really desparately want to be the first ones in there a 5-DAY HEADSTART!! :smiley:

Wouldn't that be super cool? :blush:

...guys? :confused:

... are you guys-- WHAT THE :anguished:

Nuke22.gif

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    JEg4G3Q.gif
  • Moridin82
    Moridin82
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.

When will we get a damm Letter with updates Roead a head? Lack of info pissing me off

Psn Ervik82 Eobonheart Pact
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have the Imperial City DLC than the info about it. Just sayin'

Getting the catalog ain't the same thing as wearing the new shoes.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-