Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

• Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.
    Will imperial city be included with the update? so i guess it will be free and not a payed DLC? i hope it is included with the update and free so as many as possible people can experience it :) I mean its a new thing to pvp and all,
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.
    Will imperial city be included with the update? so i guess it will be free and not a payed DLC? i hope it is included with the update and free so as many as possible people can experience it :) I mean its a new thing to pvp and all,

These, and answers to many other questions, will be hinted at in the coming weeks. :smile:

Seriously, if they cannot present their formal presentation on Monday, maybe they could spend Monday, Tuesday, etc, just answering a few of the bigger questions that have been popping up. Still hide the "big secrets" while getting a few things out of the way.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand the issue here, its still coming next week. How hard is it to wait a few extra days?

Imperial City is somewhere I wanted to go since beta so Im really excided but I can wait a few more days.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am bummed about the delay, but at least they are letting us know in advance. I far prefer when they communicate with us, than when they are just annoyingly silent about everything.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already pissed off that they deemed it necessary to mouth off about incoming V16 looooooooooooooong before it would actually happen and by doing so pretty much ruined all reasons to do any endgame stuff (dsa, vet dungeons, trials) until said looooooooooooooong waiting time is over.

Nah, in no way surprised that more information about it already gets pushed back. And that's only information. Yeah, yeah... it's only a few days. So they claim.... today.
    Guess Santa will bring the actual new content then... if we were really, really nice and stuff.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand the issue here, its still coming next week. How hard is it to wait a few extra days?

Imperial City is somewhere I wanted to go since beta so Im really excided but I can wait a few more days.

The issue is that they gave a date that they would start talking to us about Imperial City and botched it. Seriously? I could see a delay if it was a release date, or a date when it should be on PTS (and maybe that is the hold up), but a date just to start talking to us about it?

For me, it really has nothing to do with the wait and how long it is and how much longer it will be. It isn't even about the Imperial City, itself. It is all about the fact that they cannot seem to find the time to tell us.

We don't need a fancy presentation, or a cool trailer video with synchronized fireworks over the ZOS building, or a series of articles, a personal letter from Firor, and coordinated social media releases... we just need someone, anyone... the janitor... to come out and just start telling us about the Imperial City update. I don't even care if it is here, or on Reddit, or Facebook, or Twitter, or whatever... they just need to do the best the can starting on Monday.

That, to me is the issue. For all the talented people they have working for them, it is so hard for them to put words together and just say what is going on, even when it is scheduled in advance.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, I'm not happy about the delay but I am glad they communicated it with us. Instead of letting the deadline ride by without any word.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    Guys you have to understand...its not their fault. The dog ate the only print of information they wanted to show us!
    Please fix the game!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    Sure, I'm not happy about the delay but I am glad they communicated it with us. Instead of letting the deadline ride by without any word.

They waited until 4:59 pm on Friday, one minute before the offices closed for the weeked...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I love this game a lot, I don't login much but that doesn't change how I feel! I respect and appreciate all those that work and have worked on it too.

If I could turn the page I'd move to an alternate universe where the Veteran System never existed whilst indirectly killing the Subscription with the huge development resources used on creating its replacement.

In time, I'm sure Zenimax will rearrange how most of us feel and trust, but it wont be in just a day or two.

Now though? Many times I close my eyes but I couldn't find a way. I'll settle for one day to believe in you Zenimax.

Tell me, tell me, tell me lies! Tell me sweet little lies, I'll still love you Zenimax.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • NinetyDeep
    NinetyDeep
    Soul Shriven
    Take your time guys, let me catch up on my new main ;D
    NinetyDeep - Xbox One US

Vet 14 Templar (Heals) - Tendie Wendie Bb

Vet 2 DK (DPS) - Clarense

[BROMENSION] - GUILD - XBOX ONE ALDMERI DOMINION
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to have any confidence in this game when ZoS can't even get a presentation that they had a year to develop right?
  • Whendim_ESO
    Whendim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If the choice is between releasing something that doesn't work properly and letting the developers get it right, I guess I'll side with the devs.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relax kids... It's not like anyone has datamined a 'shutdown event'...
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a personal letter from Firor, and coordinated social media releases...

In my honest opinion there is only one type of letter Mr Firor can send that has any hope of saving ESO.

#POTP

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How am I supposed to have any confidence in this game when ZoS can't even get a presentation that they had a year to develop right?

^ This.

Investors must be pulling their money out of this faster than they are out of Greece; and if they aren't they probably should be.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

I can't even tell if you're joking @AngryNord!
    Wololo.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the choice is between releasing something that doesn't work properly and letting the developers get it right, I guess I'll side with the devs.
    I agree, but then, I also would think they could say just that ("There's an issue we need to nail down, bear with us") if this is the cause for the delay. Still, if I was going to flip out over every minor and major delay with ESO I would have quit playing months ago. And besides, we will all get complimentary bear mounts (or a discount) for "bearing" with them for a year on Orsinium, right? ;)
    Edited by tinythinker on July 11, 2015 7:46PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't understand.

It isn't like they said they would release the CONTENT on the 13th, but discovered a bug or something and realized it wasn't quite ready, so pushed back the release date. That would be fairly common.

But this was just INFORMATION they said they were going to release. What happened, did someone sneak in and steal their report? Did the Dollhouse remote-wipe their brains?

How can INFORMATION about content be ready, then not. It makes no sense.

Most likely the information contained a feature/dependency that the developers will now fail to hit by the deadline.

So they are most likely hurriedly updating the info which may take a short while if the the info being presented was via video means or similar.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't like they said they would release the CONTENT on the 13th, but discovered a bug or something and realized it wasn't quite ready, so pushed back the release date. That would be fairly common.

But this was just INFORMATION they said they were going to release. What happened, did someone sneak in and steal their report? Did the Dollhouse remote-wipe their brains?

Most likely the information contained a feature/dependency that the developers will now fail to hit by the deadline.

So they are most likely hurriedly updating the info which may take a short while if the the info being presented was via video means or similar.

Ok. Let's pretend that. There is also a ton of Imperial City content that they did complete by the deadline. Certainly, they can talk about that stuff while they use the magic eraser on the rest? So far, the only thing we know for sure is the name of the city, location, and that there is some freedom fighter hiding in the city who wants us to bring McDonald's when we come.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    Completely unacceptable, disappointing, and once again indicative of poor management.

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly ESO has become simply something I just kill time with while waiting for Fallout 4 in November, no more, no less then that.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on July 11, 2015 8:13PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • acolyte2475b14_ESO
    acolyte2475b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think at this point they are considering the Console Launch for ESO a "new start", like the PC launch never really happened. If you measure the Imperial City announcement from that time scale, and I think internally they are, then you are talking about a pretty major content release soon after the launch of a MMO. This is just devils advocate at this point. I'm in no way defending them.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »

I can't even tell if you're joking @AngryNord!

If a shutdown event was datamined I would be too busy curled up on the floor crying to post in the forum...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^ This.

Investors must be pulling their money out of this faster than they are out of Greece; and if they aren't they probably should be.

All The Best

What investors? AFAIK the only 'investor' is Bethesda/Zenimax themselves...
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

You can bet your life that when they release IC it will not work properly and be riddled with bugs.

Since 1.6 so many bugs have appeared in ESO, it tells me ZOS don't have the means, know how, or dev power to fix things.

1.6 (onwards) has got bugs and exploits that were reported from PTS and they're still there!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave you an Awesome for the Dollhouse reference. In addition, I completely agree with this. On Monday they could certainly have said SOMETHING even if not all that they had originally planned to say. We would never have known. This is just...lame. ZoS has become like that bad boyfriend who wants to break up with you but doesn't want to be the one to break up...so he just starts treating you with total neglect until you snap and end things for him. Yes ZoS, it is actually starting to feel like you WANT us to go away.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This.

All The Best

What investors? AFAIK the only 'investor' is Bethesda/Zenimax themselves...

ZeniMax Media does take investment money, but they have a very limited list of key investors. It is an exclusive club.

I know people like to describe ZeniMax Online Studios and ESO like they are both one foot in the grave, but I am fairly confident that this is not the case.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I gave you an Awesome for the Dollhouse reference. In addition, I completely agree with this. On Monday they could certainly have said SOMETHING even if not all that they had originally planned to say. We would never have known. This is just...lame. ZoS has become like that bad boyfriend who wants to break up with you but doesn't want to be the one to break up...so he just starts treating you with total neglect until you snap and end things for him. Yes ZoS, it is actually starting to feel like you WANT us to go away.
    Without supporting/refuting your view, your comment made me think of this... :tongue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtTmI4XJyLw
    Dramatic statements and relationship comparisons need a good torch/breakup song. :)

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this