Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until console release riiiiiiiight. The hell is taking so long.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand the issue here, its still coming next week. How hard is it to wait a few extra days?

Imperial City is somewhere I wanted to go since beta so Im really excided but I can wait a few more days.

The issue is that they gave a date that they would start talking to us about Imperial City and botched it. Seriously? I could see a delay if it was a release date, or a date when it should be on PTS (and maybe that is the hold up), but a date just to start talking to us about it?

For me, it really has nothing to do with the wait and how long it is and how much longer it will be. It isn't even about the Imperial City, itself. It is all about the fact that they cannot seem to find the time to tell us.

We don't need a fancy presentation, or a cool trailer video with synchronized fireworks over the ZOS building, or a series of articles, a personal letter from Firor, and coordinated social media releases... we just need someone, anyone... the janitor... to come out and just start telling us about the Imperial City update. I don't even care if it is here, or on Reddit, or Facebook, or Twitter, or whatever... they just need to do the best the can starting on Monday.

That, to me is the issue. For all the talented people they have working for them, it is so hard for them to put words together and just say what is going on, even when it is scheduled in advance.

Well deadlines are not always reached, its still a commercial company so they cant bring out a half finished presenatation. The fact that the presenation is postponed (which is communicated in advance) shouldnt make a difference. At this point everything ZOS does is wrong in the eyes of the community, if the presenation was released monday everyone would probably QQ about the quality and absence of certain important points.

Wouldnt you rather have a good presenation with clear info than something confusing which only leads to more frustration?

Edited by Septimus_Magna on July 11, 2015 9:27PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 11, 2015 9:29PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well deadlines are not always reached,

True.

But just a tiny shred of evidence that they are even trying to meet deadlines would be nice.

IC was showcased 12 months ago, for crying out loud.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter when you release the news, what matters is when you release the content.
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rakshat wrote: »
    It doesn't matter when you release the news, what matters is when you release the content.

Now this is very true.

But having committed to July 13th for the "great announcement and fanfare" they should damn well have stuck to it, even if they had to drop one or two points because of this new FUBAR.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • marcmyb14_ESO
    marcmyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS is seriously screwing up badly, and needs to seriously shape up if you guys plan to keep players. Let's think about this for a minute. Delayed the release of information that was already pretty darn delayed for a really delayed patch that has been a long time coming, but was delayed because of consoles. Delayed, delayed, delayed. Do you know what Square Enix does? Do you guys at ZOS even pay attention to what other MMO companies do? If not, let me give you a hint. There's a whole lot of transparency and accountability. People are informed (in great detail) way ahead of time of what to expect in the next big updates, and release dates come pretty fast.

But we aren't playing those other games, we're playing ESO. Why? Because we love ESO. Unfortunately it feels like we're being taken advantage of because of that. You guys at ZOS are taking away the only hope that some of us have of this MMO ever being halfway decent, only because you can't get your act together and give us SIMPLE INFORMATION on a timely basis.

This is ridiculous, and while I praise everyone who sticks around, I won't be surprised nor will I blame those who decide they've had enough.

Seriously ZOS, it's crunch time. Either get this game back on its feet or you're going to lose a lot more than you can afford to.

Edit: Just to add, I'm not "quitting" or anything, but I did want to let ZOS know that I and many others I play with to are pretty fed up with things, and not just because of lack of information, but because of all the waiting for console release to get new content and updates, backtracking on their word about removing VR ranks, being given a PvP only DLC when we don't currently have any real PvE endgame. There's just so much gone wrong with this game already since launch, and instead of fixing things and making up for it, they seem to just be making it worse as time goes on. It's a major disappointment again and again.
    Edited by marcmyb14_ESO on July 12, 2015 1:38AM
    GM Oghma Infinium - Ebonheart Pact
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight - Indualis Decimius
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer - Arienna Stormcaller
    VR1 Dark Elf Dragonknight - Flame and Shadow
    26 Khajiit Nightblade - J'Kaaz Vulon
    10 Breton Templar - Sam Guevene
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    At least we are busy nagging, until the info finally comes out :D This thread is exploding lol
    Edited by Tyvarra on July 12, 2015 8:46AM
    Please fix the game!
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    eso+ member yeah right, why i keep paying, the only thing you provide is delayed content... amateurs
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.

? Began talking about it last year. Stop with the nonsense hype.
    Is it done? Yes or no?
    Will it be live within 6 months? yes or no?
    Is it an update as promised, or dlc?

Can the panel please answer these questions.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on July 12, 2015 9:16AM
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    d8gGbAu.jpg
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    d8gGbAu.jpg

https://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0

Maybe that's the whole reason why it got delayed. They wanted to use this as intro video.
    You're welcome.
    Wololo.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rakshat wrote: »

It was announced one year ago, was supposed to be released about 9 months ago, announced again almost one month ago, now the information concerning the new release date is also delayed.
    I promise the pattern is there if you look hard enough.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BrosChill.gif
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because @ZOS_RichLambert handed in his notice on Friday and now they have no Creative Director.

I hope this is not the case, and I hope he gets this alert so someone (and he does seem like a sensible chap) can actually do something about this.

I've said this so many times, I'm just going to give up, but for one last time.... "Speak to the Damn Community @ZOS".....We don;t are if some info is missing, just stick tot he dates YOU give.

*Le Sigh*
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad time for a delay, the pc community has been on hold while all the console stuff went on, we have been patient waiting some of us are still ESO+ members, and I speak for myself and I am sure there are some others out there that feel like we have become the red headed step children of ESO, I think putting a large part of community on the shelf for so long was a bad idea, so this delay really does blow to an already starved content player base, gives the me the impression the staff working on ESO has become very small. :(
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I gathered in watching the last, lengthy ESO Live presentation, there is a LOT going into update 7. They only discussed a few things, but mentioned that 'other changes' be it to racial passives, abilities, combat, etc. would also be implemented. It is completely logical that all of those changes hadn't been nailed down yet or were still in flux by Friday- so they wanted more time to finalize these decisions. It may also be that some changes would have taken more time to implement, so they are backing those out of the update... who knows.

It is also likely don't want to rush forward, talk about things and then have it held against them later if those things didn't pan out or fit within the time-frame to release update 7. I don't blame them for wanting to be overly cautious... they are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation... so best to err on the side of caution when releasing information.

They also didn't say the CONTENT itself was being delayed, simply that the details about it are being pushed back a few days. I'm all for them waiting until decisions are finalized and they know for sure what is going into update 7 and IC before talking about it live.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what they do, same thing happened with 1.6 and theres no way on Earth Fallout 4 is coming this year, I sense 3 delays and Christmas 2016 release.
    Edited by Sausage on July 12, 2015 12:00PM
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I'm all for them waiting until decisions are finalized and they know for sure what is going into update 7 and IC before talking about it live.

That ship sailed when they mouthed off on ESO Live about incoming game changers like V16.
    This statement immediately blew the whole "end-game" ship (which was only barely afloat in the first place) out of the water and we are now floating on a makeshift life raft surrounded by armies of slaughter fish until we can eventually reach the island of new content in... weeks? months? years? God-***-damn when?
    Well, maybe not years. But you can be sure those pesky fishes will get to a lot of us before.

They already *** up here big time... and unfortunately they just keep adding to this big pile of crap.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^THIS! Is exactly why they tend to keep players in the dark. They talked about changes, and see where it got them.
    Edited by ADarklore on July 12, 2015 12:45PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed: imperial city release 2016
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    This is what they do, same thing happened with 1.6 and theres no way on Earth Fallout 4 is coming this year, I sense 3 delays and Christmas 2016 release.

Fallout 4 is Bethesda, ESO is Zenimax online. Don't worry!
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone surprised that the announcement about the more than a year ago announced Imperial City is postponed?

This is meme-worthy material by now.
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    i got used to it... disappointed its my normal state now... maybe they give the update free and make us a good surprise
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand.

It isn't like they said they would release the CONTENT on the 13th, but discovered a bug or something and realized it wasn't quite ready, so pushed back the release date. That would be fairly common.

But this was just INFORMATION they said they were going to release. What happened, did someone sneak in and steal their report? Did the Dollhouse remote-wipe their brains?

How can INFORMATION about content be ready, then not. It makes no sense.

I gave you an Awesome for the Dollhouse reference. In addition, I completely agree with this. On Monday they could certainly have said SOMETHING even if not all that they had originally planned to say. We would never have known. This is just...lame. ZoS has become like that bad boyfriend who wants to break up with you but doesn't want to be the one to break up...so he just starts treating you with total neglect until you snap and end things for him. Yes ZoS, it is actually starting to feel like you WANT us to go away.
    Without supporting/refuting your view, your comment made me think of this... :tongue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtTmI4XJyLw
    Dramatic statements and relationship comparisons need a good torch/breakup song. :)

Hai thank you for making me listen to this again!
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

we are not hanging in there !!!! you are telling us to wait yet again @ZOS_GinaBruno ? said the 13th tomorrow is the 13th so if no info good bye eso ! and i would bet on this being about QuakeCon and they don't want to release the info till then !! so why say the 13th in the first place @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Meh!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    d8gGbAu.jpg

https://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0

Maybe that's the whole reason why it got delayed. They wanted to use this as intro video.
    You're welcome.
    I prefer Dylan's version...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to do a remix of Cyprus Hill.

"It's Friday morning where's my game at,
    Look in the forum,and found its pushed back... "
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I just wish there was more announcements. I understood that there would be a drought in content due to console release, but I was hoping that a couple weeks after launch, we would get a ton of information to keep PC players interested. There was the E3 spot, but that really just showcased a couple of things that we knew were coming, which is okay, but not really any detail about them. I'm really hoping that Quakecon gives us some things to look forward to.
    Edited by jwboudreau1b16_ESO on July 12, 2015 7:03PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    Confirmed: imperial city release 2016

Link please?