Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.

we are not hanging in there !!!! you are telling us to wait yet again @ZOS_GinaBruno ? said the 13th tomorrow is the 13th so if no info good bye eso ! and i would bet on this being about QuakeCon and they don't want to release the info till then !! so why say the 13th in the first place @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can I have your stuff? :P
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm really hoping that Quakecon gives us some things to look forward to.

It will.

Nest year's E3 where Zeni will showcase Imperial City and Orsinium, with an added 15 seconds of new stuff, just so its not a total repeat.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • reclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESO
    ZO$ reminds me of that person who owes you money and they always say just one more week, a bit more after I get payed, soon I promise.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZO$ reminds me of that person who owes you money and they always say just one more week, a bit more after I get payed, soon I promise.

The check is in the mail. Really it is, I promise >:)
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

a free xp potion for all as a sorry gift from the devs? :D
    i know i'm asking to much, just drudging along on an alt then hear about the delay bleh :(
    Edited by dsalter on July 12, 2015 10:02PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delays, not unexpected.

Meanwhile. I'm having a blast taming dinosaurs! ;) At least in that company they interact frequentlywith their playerbase.
    Edited by Maotti on July 13, 2015 12:04AM
    PC EU
  • pattak
    pattak
    I do appreciate that the devs reply to our topics thanks
  • delushin
    delushin
    ✭✭✭
    I can handle delays, and looking at say the console release in a holistic format, it was a pretty good launch overall. Sure if there are things that will have more impact in the market by releasing at strategic points or if there is more work to be done then delay it.

What you could do ZOS with regards to increasing the QA/QC of your product is each time someone wants to promulgate information that you know the consumer will glue too, tell them to do the following.
    • Write the draft for the media/statement release
    • Stand up and walk away from the computer
    • Go to the road map or minutes from the production meeting
    • Check that the dates you are about to send out are achievable
    • Go back to the computer and cross check what you are writing
    • If it is achievable then hit the big green button
    • If not then take the few minutes to word it differently

I haven't checked but if you are a publicly traded company, but a good habit to get into is to release statements as if you were. To the point, factual and structured to reinforce confidence in your stakeholders.

You gave yourself a very good window to maximise up stream planning with the console release and you are starting to close that with opportunity with graduate mistakes in communications.
    Raven Guard - PS4 [PvE/PvP] NA Server - Daggerfall Convenant
    #1 AUS/NZ Guild - http://ravenguardclan.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/delushin
  • Roco32373
    Roco32373
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    From what I gathered in watching the last, lengthy ESO Live presentation, there is a LOT going into update 7. They only discussed a few things, but mentioned that 'other changes' be it to racial passives, abilities, combat, etc. would also be implemented. It is completely logical that all of those changes hadn't been nailed down yet or were still in flux by Friday- so they wanted more time to finalize these decisions. It may also be that some changes would have taken more time to implement, so they are backing those out of the update... who knows.

It is also likely don't want to rush forward, talk about things and then have it held against them later if those things didn't pan out or fit within the time-frame to release update 7. I don't blame them for wanting to be overly cautious... they are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation... so best to err on the side of caution when releasing information.

They also didn't say the CONTENT itself was being delayed, simply that the details about it are being pushed back a few days. I'm all for them waiting until decisions are finalized and they know for sure what is going into update 7 and IC before talking about it live.

So what day this week did they say they're going to have their big announcement now (instead of Monday)?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roco32373 wrote: »
    From what I gathered in watching the last, lengthy ESO Live presentation, there is a LOT going into update 7. They only discussed a few things, but mentioned that 'other changes' be it to racial passives, abilities, combat, etc. would also be implemented. It is completely logical that all of those changes hadn't been nailed down yet or were still in flux by Friday- so they wanted more time to finalize these decisions. It may also be that some changes would have taken more time to implement, so they are backing those out of the update... who knows.

It is also likely don't want to rush forward, talk about things and then have it held against them later if those things didn't pan out or fit within the time-frame to release update 7. I don't blame them for wanting to be overly cautious... they are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation... so best to err on the side of caution when releasing information.

They also didn't say the CONTENT itself was being delayed, simply that the details about it are being pushed back a few days. I'm all for them waiting until decisions are finalized and they know for sure what is going into update 7 and IC before talking about it live.

So what day this week did they say they're going to have their big announcement now (instead of Monday)?

They replaced the actual date with a modified "Soon" (later in the week)
    Edited by Elsonso on July 13, 2015 1:43AM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot to add the "™".
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot to add the "™".

I have no idea how to put the superscript TM into a comment... otherwise, I would do that. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭

OMG you are so right it hurts. How much longer can they keep dodging us?

JQkNx3V.gif

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL... that makes me feel like...
    5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.jpg

I'm still laughing at myself (and the rest of the community) for being so excited not about content release, PTS release, or release announcements. We're on the edge of our seats for "Talking more about it". THAT makes me feel like...
    b6488ee3.gif
    Edited by Gidorick on July 13, 2015 2:35AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    Confirmed: imperial city release 2016

Link please?

It was a joke......... since they keep pushing anything and everything back since last quake con :)
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will totally accept delays in exchange for an unlimited chat ignore list and a Fleshy Symbiont added to every active character.

Reasonable enough.
    signing off
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I will totally accept delays in exchange for an unlimited chat ignore list and a Fleshy Symbiont added to every active character.

Reasonable enough.

I can't agree enough

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *sigh*

Another let-down from ZOS. They didn't talk about it in the last ESO Live (when they could have) because they were going to do a big announce today. This was already a source of frustration. Now they aren't doing it today because of Unspecified Reason #3746. Great.

To the people who say that the response to this is a good explanation for why they shouldn't/don't communicate more, I say you have it backwards. ZOS should be undertaking significant effort in the production of new content at this point. The timeline for the content that is arriving soon™, as IC supposedly is, should not be subject to the kinds of delays that prevent you from talking about it. I am not referring to release because heaven only knows what kind of hellish crucible that probably is. But if the content you are producing is at such a significant developmental stage that certain features that may or may not be present in that particular release cannot be confirmed then do not include them in your presentation.

Include only confirmed information and currently available, or easily produced, material in it. That way:
    1) You release information when you said you would do. The community doesn't hate on you for not communicating when you said you would.
    2) You can also specify that this doesn't cover all features which leaves you the ability to have another update later on to include this and maintain interest.
    3) You can start this process earlier so that word-of-mouth has a better chance of reaching more people who might return to the game if they get a whiff of new stuff to do.

ZOS should be communicating more with us, not less, but they should be communicating what they know, not what they hope.

Nice one ZOS. You tease us with update information by making us wait about 10 days for it... and then at 1659 on the Friday before, you increase the delay without supplying the barest hint of an explanation as to the cause while leaning again upon what I can only think that you assume is an inexhaustible supply of our patience.

It really isn't, you know.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From now on, I. C. WILL be referred to as Improbable City.
    Let everyone know and use the crap out of it.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From now on, I. C. WILL be referred to as Improbable City.
    Let everyone know and use the crap out of it.

Can't argue with that one
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that would explain an information delay is that they are planning to release 1.7 (on PTS) next week and want to make sure they can really make it in time?!

Just a thought... ;) What else of BIG news could it be?
    Please fix the game!
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »
    The only thing that would explain an information delay is that they are planning to release 1.7 (on PTS) next week and want to make sure they can really make it in time?!

New purple cat in crown shop.

• uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly wont be subbing back up after my time runs out. Not only the delay on content being pushed back so far compared to any other company but also the fact a bug that has been existent since beta still persists and should have been fixed over things like audio. Talking about the random crash that happens on your character and you have to wait like 15-30 mins to log back onto that character otherwise you will continue to crash over and over. You can log onto other characters fine but when you go to that one it will happen again. This old bug I experienced on my crafter way back during early access and the months surrounding launch. It was on beta but hey it's beta they usually fix those massively gamebreaking bugs right?

Point is I've been subbing for this game long enough and clearly they don't want to introduce new content or even fix some of these major offenders (bugs) or even take action against players using lag switches in PvP so it is clearly not worth pouring my money into this company any longer with no return.

EDIT: I might still play the game unsubbed because I am a huge fan of Elder Scrolls but I am no longer putting all my free time into this one MMO and instead I am working on a few other games and building stuff in Space Engineers.
    Edited by uso245 on July 13, 2015 6:01AM
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »

That is actually what I have been thinking and someone forgot to prep the PTS. The PTS is still on 2.0.8 and LIVE is on 2.0.13. Of course, the big question is are they going to restrict the PTS to subscribers only. The people who go to the PTS are few to begin and with subs being optional, are there enough people to properly test the game?

If history is any indication, the patch won't be live until September anyways. They usually have six weeks between the PTS and going LIVE. It is already mid-July so with six weeks of PTS, that makes the release of 2.1 early September.

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot of the points here. It didnt make any sense at all for this choice. The only logical reason i would have delayed this information is if my entire staff in charge of the announcement got seriously ill.

But hey, Spoc doesnt work at ZoS so they dont have to make any sense
  • Carter_DC
    Carter_DC
    ✭✭✭
    PLz plz, ZOS, try and delay the next update a bit longer and make it live in October, so we actually wouldn't have had ANY CONTENT UPDATE IN A YEAR !
    Edited by Carter_DC on July 13, 2015 9:34AM
    High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
    Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    AngryNord wrote: »

we are not hanging in there !!!! you are telling us to wait yet again @ZOS_GinaBruno ? said the 13th tomorrow is the 13th so if no info good bye eso ! and i would bet on this being about QuakeCon and they don't want to release the info till then !! so why say the 13th in the first place @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can I have your stuff? :P

ye cause its not bound XD

Meh!
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duke Nukem forever came, so don't worry if that game came out, then I am sure the Imperial City will make its way as well. Enjoy the lovely sunshine folks :o
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again this much meltdown of some people here... If you are sooo frustated with everything, why just why do you bother with this game? Just leave. It is better for you or at least your blood pressure. I understand that you are disappointed. I was excited for this monday my self but... this lack of mitigation is the worst part of everything around TESO for me. Get your self togehter an go, if you annoyed. Just go. Your rage in this form helps nobody.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again this much meltdown of some people here... If you are sooo frustated with everything, why just why do you bother with this game? Just leave. It is better for you or at least your blood pressure. I understand that you are disappointed. I was excited for this monday my self but... this lack of mitigation is the worst part of everything around TESO for me. Get your self togehter an go, if you annoyed. Just go. Your rage in this form helps nobody.
    Ooooorrrrrr.... we could let people vent and not be so frustrated over other people's frustration. But even better, add some humor this thread. Help people maintain perspective or at least offer a chance to smile. Perhaps with a cleverly chosen/created meme or video. Maybe something with animals :) For example, adding a caption that connects a theme from the current thread to this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHpYBwzlfTc

Are the birds the upset players? Does the toy represent timely info? Maybe the toy is the unknown event/factor causing the delays and the birds are ZOS employees? Lots of ways to go with it. Or just enjoy it as is. :relaxed:

Here's one for when we finally learn something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBAEA9F5Qs
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this