Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

• Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter to me now. I don't know why I am still on the forums. I cancelled sub at 1.6 because I knew no new content worth the fee would hit for months. Now I am here, formerly an early beta tester, former guild leader, and I can't convince myself to even log on to check my mail at this point.

I think I am done. Thanks.

P.S. for a second I thought I was only making the post to make sure ZoS knows why people like myself are leaving. The realization is that they just don't care.
    Edited by Epsilon_Echo on July 13, 2015 2:54PM
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.

Naw. They already looked us in the eyes and sold us a 3000 crown mount. We will probably be lucky if the DLC that has actual content is only 5000. If one ugly (lore breaking?) mount costs 3000 you would have to assume an entire DLC will be 10k crowns or more.

If they try to charge us for Imperial City, content that was promised to us shortly after launch (when we were all paying for the game monthly) then it would cause a HUGE exodus of players (myself included).

If there was a charge for the Imperial City it would probably already be in the crown store.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    ZO$ reminds me of that person who owes you money and they always say just one more week, a bit more after I get payed, soon I promise.

The check is in the mail. Really it is, I promise >:)

I like the $ in ZOS... I think I will be using it that way from now one B)
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    IMO ZOS is and always has been way too sensitive to the forum QQ.

If you want to know why they've delayed the data release my guess is all you have to do is look at the response to the last ESO live.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Expect the absolute worst and then it will become impossible to be let down.

I'm not shocked/upset about continuing to wait, only that after the last year+ there are still players shocked/upset

if i expected any less at this point we'd cease to exist... dont think they are capable of a deadline for anything
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Imperial City does exist.

It's just been temporarily dragged into Coldharbour, and will be returned forthwith.

In the meantime, enjoy these puppies.

b59cedf0a544cfaab87061ecd87d3371.jpg

On the skateboard is a Puppy called Imperial City Release Date and New Content, the Puppy pushing the Skateboard is a Zeni senior manager pushing it back, further back, further back.

The dog you can just see in the bottom right corner is the playerbase saying "Dude! Where are you going with my release date".

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on July 13, 2015 4:14PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see how long it takes them to finally release the information to us. I say a 1 week delay is at least 1 month they've pushed the actual content back. They have to put it on the PTS first for both servers and fix bugs. At this point, we probably wont see IMP City in the actual game before Labor Day.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    We'll see how long it takes them to finally release the information to us. I say a 1 week delay is at least 1 month they've pushed the actual content back. They have to put it on the PTS first for both servers and fix bugs. At this point, we probably wont see IMP City in the actual game before Labor Day.....

Then witness the backlash when PvEers realise they have to PvP to get in it. lol, getting my popcorn ready for that one.
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, ZOS can not even stick to a deadline to talk about something!

No wonder delivering it is always "soon"
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, ZOS can not even stick to a deadline to talk about something!

No wonder delivering it is always "soon"

This is what gets me as well. They were only supposed to talk a bit about it. Give us a bit of information. At the VERY VERY least they could talk about why they can't talk about it yet.

It's almost like they go out of their way to keep their players/consumers in the dark. I'm sure the devs work hard, and I feel bad for the community managers, but something on the project management end is borked.

This is what I picture when I think of ZOS project management:
    zAfH3e.gif
    Edited by Sallington on July 13, 2015 4:47PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correct with IC this is also coming in the next update: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/180480/pvp-update-june-2015/p1

That are a lot of changes and fixes! Looks like a pure pvp update...I like that. Hope it comes "soon" xD
    Please fix the game!
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    I think they delayed it because of the backlash from the ESO live and Deltias post. Hopefully they are fixing past wrongs. A small part of me thinks they will be releasing IC and orsinium at the same time.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All they had to do was tell us something about Imperial City today. Anything, really, would be more than what we have. Like, "here's some info now, and we'll be rolling out more info all week long with prize giveaways, so stay tuned!"

Instead they give themselves a black eye by finally giving us a date and then pushing it back after we've already waited so long. I'm really glad I unsubbed in March- if I hadn't I'd probably be pretty angry right now.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dcaliber wrote: »
    A small part of me thinks they will be releasing IC and orsinium at the same time.

They kind of have to.

Releasing the next update with just IC leaves the 80% of the playerbase who never PvP (industry average) still waiting for new content.

That'll resign PC based PvEers to:

After Console
    After E3
    After Quakecon
    After PvP
    and most likely
    After New Years.

That is untenable for a game one of whose major selling points was "regular content updates".

If the release IC without Orsinium it will be a PR disaster.

What alarms me is that if you are correct they (Zeni management) have only just realised this; which means they have no clue at all about what they are doing and what their playerbase demographics look like.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on July 13, 2015 4:54PM
  • Desolationz
    Me after hearing about another delay...

tumblr_mhqc9iSDIg1qed7g8o2_400.gif SMH...
    Edited by Desolationz on July 13, 2015 6:31PM
    Theodosius Alduin
    VR8 - Imperial - Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact - Stamina Based - Melee DPS/Tank - Male - Werewolf - PvE/PvP - Blacksmith & Carpenter
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this is pathetic....

You announced the Imperial City what like...... 6 months ago? Possibly more?

Then you make PC players wait for the console version, just so you can grab an extra quick buck off them before they start complaining as well.

And now, when you finally set up a date that would go into detail about the Imperial City you push it back??? Are you kidding me? You have had MONTHS to set this up and you can't even release not content, but simply information on time?

I am so glad you people did this when Skyforge is going into Early Access / Open Beta, because it at least assures me that you guys pay attention to your competition the same amount as you pay attention to your player base. Any company with half a brain would have realized it would have been important to release specific information about upcoming content "BEFORE" its competitors allowed people to freely go test and play their game....

Na instead of giving your limited amount of loyal players a bone and rewarding them for their faith, you find another way to crap on their laps. What held back this release of information? You working on all the bugs in the game currently that have been here sense launch? Or maybe looking at solutions to fixing your identity crisis of a game and finding out how to actually get rid of the VR system before you push new content? Or maybe simply just attempting to figure out how to make even a slightly rewarding MMO to play.... List goes on as to all the things you keep messing up...

Welp, at least this confirms my moving on to Skyforge, glad I never gave a dime to you guys after 1.6 dropped.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.

Naw. They already looked us in the eyes and sold us a 3000 crown mount. We will probably be lucky if the DLC that has actual content is only 5000. If one ugly (lore breaking?) mount costs 3000 you would have to assume an entire DLC will be 10k crowns or more.

If they try to charge us for Imperial City, content that was promised to us shortly after launch (when we were all paying for the game monthly) then it would cause a HUGE exodus of players (myself included).

If there was a charge for the Imperial City it would probably already be in the crown store.

You guys have an amazing capacity for optimism considering the circumstances. The reality is that I don't think they hurriedly foisted a B2P system on us so they could release content for free. I would be very surprised if IC was released without charge. It doesn't matter if we were paying a sub back then for that content because they have shown they don't care about that. There were many things we were ostensibly "paying" for during the sub period that we clearly didn't get so IC is just another on the list. The fact that it's not on the crown store already (IMO) is only an indication that they don't want to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth just yet.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small part of me thinks they will be releasing IC and orsinium at the same time.

They kind of have to.

Releasing the next update with just IC leaves the 80% of the playerbase who never PvP (industry average) still waiting for new content.

After Console
    After E3
    After Quakecon
    After PvP
    and most likely
    After New Years.

That is untenable for a game one of whose major selling points was "regular content updates".

What alarms me is that if you are correct they (Zeni management) have only just realised this; which means they have no clue at all about what they are doing and what their playerbase demographics look like.

All The Best

Orsinium isn't coming with Imperial City. I can guarantee it.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They kind of have to.

After Console
    After E3
    After Quakecon
    After PvP
    and most likely
    After New Years.

All The Best

I am inclined to agree with you.

But that just means my points remain valid concerns.

All The Best

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They kind of have to.

After Console
    After E3
    After Quakecon
    After PvP
    and most likely
    After New Years.

All The Best

I am inclined to agree with you.

But that just means my points remain valid concerns.

All The Best

And I'm certainly inclined to agree with you that there needs to be new PVE zones as Imperial City is likely all group content. But an mmo should have group content. And PVP has had nothing new since launch.

I would sadly say it'll be many months until Orsinuim. Which is really not good. But thankfully I do PVP in this game and will be trying out IC.

I do feel for those who avoid Cyrodiil however.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they have no clue at all about what they are doing

^ This is the essential truth of almost everything that has happened in terms of ESO from PC launch until the current day.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Ever since it was announced that IC would not be a part of update 6, these delays have started to feel like a running gag.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they delayed it because of the backlash from the ESO live and Deltias post. Hopefully they are fixing past wrongs. A small part of me thinks they will be releasing IC and orsinium at the same time.

I was wondering this myself. His post has over 1.2k replies to it. I really hope they are taking the things in there to heart. We need some really big fixes as well as a ton of smaller ones to get this game where it needs to be.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a game that takes its time before releasing an update than having them update the game with a broken update, so everyone stfu
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharakor wrote: »
    I'd rather have a game that takes its time before releasing an update than having them update the game with a broken update, so everyone stfu

You must be new here...

ZOS is notorious for doing BOTH! :s
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5-1-2014 is the first I remember hearing about it.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

5-1-2014 is the first I remember hearing about it.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st

Wow. I remember when they used to have The Road Ahead. That takes me wayyyy back. Wow. Nostalgia.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly do you think the last big update was? A lot of fixes have been waiting for the "next major update" for months.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that I think about it, besides the Champ and Justice Systems (which should never have been released as purely stand alone content) there hasn't been a single pve solo-able content update yet... Craglorn 1.0= group, vet Ash= group, Craglorn 2.0= group, now Imperial City= PVP group.

No love for the majority of the player base. (not that I'm saying PVP shouldn't get love)
    Edited by nimander99 on July 13, 2015 10:05PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The thread title suggests that this isn't about them releasing content quickly or while full of bugs.

This thread is about the fact that ZOS told us that there would be information available on a specific date... and then at the last possible moment pulled it with no explanation.

You do rather seem to have missed the point.