Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

• Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect the absolute worst and then it will become impossible to be let down.

I'm not shocked/upset about continuing to wait, only that after the last year+ there are still players shocked/upset
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I just don't care anymore... I prolly won't even log in this weekend :(

(and that's saying something for those who know me)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, they still haven't said whether it will be paid or not. Maybe that's what the delay is - finalising that decision.

Given that Imp City was first show-cased close on 12 months ago if they still don't know if it id paid-for or not then they have FAR more serious issues than not communicating with the playerbase.

In fact if your conjecture is true then probably the only thing that will save ESO is if someone buys Zeni out and puts real senior executives in place who actually have some idea of what it is they are doing.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on July 10, 2015 10:48PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this was a date they should not have missed. Even if not all the stars are aligned and the glorious presentation is tarnished by not being 100% ready, this is a blunder that did not need to be.

I think they should reconsider and roll out something, anything, on Monday.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To anyone who was surprised by this, you might want to lower your hopes for what the information we actually get will be.

The last time I was waiting for information with an announced time, It was about the 15GB updated on PS4. we were told that the company was sorry, but there would be more information would be available "Sometime this afternoon". The information we finally got (to paraphrase) was: "The patch is 15GB because it contains 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 as well." It was really worth the wait...

The best information we ever get is accidental...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, to delay content is bad, but to delay just talking about delayed content is really disturbing. At least Gina was not delayed, that would be the end.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am just utterly disappointed in ZoS. Literally nothing has happened with this game for almost a year now. Well, sorry. I am wrong. Milking the cow with heavily overpriced Mounts that all use the same skin, just recolored has happened. Is the game better now? Hell no. Much content because of overpriced shop items? Hell no.

But whatever. Most friends have left the game for a while now anyways. So it wont make a difference.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 10, 2015 11:12PM
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos really isnt working on having all those eso+ subs back it seems.
  • Rizcarn
    Rizcarn
    ✭✭
    Another non statement and and a notch towards apathy. All least 6 months past anticipation. Imperial city, Orsinium, spellcraft, thieves guild, dark brotherhood...they may be stellar once they arrive adding great depth and replayablity..once they arrive. But it is getting near to that to late, don't care point.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    For some reason, I never expected it actually on Monday 13th, just in the week of Monday 13th. I guess I must have misread/misheard the initial statement...
    [...]how the paid Imperial City DLC will be released/paid for on console[...]
    As far as I am aware, they still haven't said whether it will be paid or not. Maybe that's what the delay is - finalising that decision.
    No, that wasn't announced, but given that they went buy-to-play and that IC has been held back until after console launch, it seems likely. But as someone else posted, if they are close to putting IC on the PTS and haven't decided whether or not it is a paid item, there is something funny going on behind the scenes.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We know many of you are eagerly waiting to learn all the details about our upcoming release of Imperial City. We have a lot of exciting things to tell you, but contrary to what we had previously stated, we won’t be able to share those details next Monday, July 13. Instead, the big reveal will happen later in the week.

We understand you’re anxious to hear more, but please bear with us a few more days–it’ll be worth the wait!

Don't blame us if we hold you to that. It might not be pretty. :/

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We know many of you are eagerly waiting to learn all the details about our upcoming release of Imperial City. We have a lot of exciting things to tell you, but contrary to what we had previously stated, we won’t be able to share those details next Monday, July 13. Instead, the big reveal will happen later in the week.

We understand you’re anxious to hear more, but please bear with us a few more days–it’ll be worth the wait!

Don't blame us if we hold you to that. It might not be pretty. :/

If no information by Friday the girls should appear on the next LIVE wearing giant mudcrab hats.

That is all. ;)
  • Bars
    Bars
    ✭✭✭

after 7-8 months I don't think so
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.

I don't understand the big difference between doing it Monday as it was announced and waiting a few more days.

I am with you unless part of the announcement was it is going on the PTS, I guess we will know in a few days I hope, we have been on hold for awhile now.. /sigh
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a nasty PR hit and ... completely unnecessary! We have no idea what you were announcing on Monday. You should have given us what details you can on Monday. No need to mention that certain things were excised. Then on Wednesday or Thursday, say, "Hey, we have more to share!" Now you have people really excited. Instead you shoot yourselves in the foot. :(
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bear-with-us.gif
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    bear-with-us.gif
    Yes, patience is called for...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sltSm5mUniw
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I'm waiting for Imperial City info to be 100% sure about uninstalling this game, so let's get on with it.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As disappointed as I am by the delay, as a consumer I speak with my dollar.

I have had NO reason to keep my subscription active and I will not be buying an ice horse or any other piece of window dressing. So, Zeni suffers along with the rest of us because they are NOT getting my money along with many others.

• VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    As disappointed as I am by the delay, as a consumer I speak with my dollar.

I have had NO reason to keep my subscription active and I will not be buying an ice horse or any other piece of window dressing. So, Zeni suffers along with the rest of us because they are NOT getting my money along with many others.

i myself 99.9% would never buy DLC or cash shop items either, but you have to admit that ice horse is awesome looking. it leaves little ice hoof prints where it walks :D

• sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    picard_facepalm1.jpg
    Not cool your going to live up to being the worst company for 2015
    Edited by sirston on July 11, 2015 12:54AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Nysticc
    Nysticc
    ✭✭✭
    What if the patch actually dropped next week xD. If only.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.

there better be a god damn unicorn in the crown store for PC players with the price of 0 crowns next week.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder how they will rehash what they have already told us.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predicting it right now ... they are trying to come up with a way to look us in the eyes & tell us the Imp City DLC will cost 5000 crowns.
    Well, is MMO DLC normally $50? They said it would "be in line" with customary pricing. (Yes, I know many people don't trust what "they said".)

• VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭

ive never looked how much crowns are, is it $1 to 100 crowns? because $50 for a DLC is insane imo.
  • Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    VoidBlue wrote: »

ive never looked how much crowns are, is it $1 to 100 crowns? because $50 for a DLC is insane imo.

Yep 100 crowns =$1.00

So is 3000 crowns for a mount but .... Frost Pony ;)
    Edited by Mirra_Halfelven on July 11, 2015 1:07AM
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoidBlue wrote: »

Yes, that's the conversion rate. Yes, it would be a ridiculous price.

• Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to sound mean, but how about instead of teasing possible talk about something was teased a year ago, actually getting down a time frame on when we will actually see new content? Be it Imperial City, or even Orsinium (I STILL want a wolf mount, but looks like bear comes first...at least I certainly hope it is just a matter of time for wolves...)...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2730+