Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

delayed release of information

Denaia
Denaia
✭✭✭✭
Ok so they just announced that the information on update 7 is delayed.

Can we get some information why? Is this because of Quakecon?

I am getting so extremely sick of the endless "soon" and "after" and "just wait a little bit more" it's the fourth time I have heard this, so I would like to hear some more information this time around.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.
    Edited by MissBizz on July 10, 2015 9:57PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denaia wrote: »
    Ok so they just announced that the information on update 7 is delayed.

Can we get some information why? Is this because of Quakecon?

I am getting so extremely sick of the endless "soon" and "after" and "just wait a little bit more" it's the fourth time I have heard this, so I would like to hear some more information this time around.
    This is standard operating procedure for ESO.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am beyond dissapointed really.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I'm surely hoping they don't wait until Quakecon. As far as I know this was the first time they gave us an actual date about info on this (content portion of the) release.. and now have postponed it.

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

We do apologize for this delay, but appreciate everyone hanging in there.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭

Just to confirm, we are not waiting until QuakeCon to begin talking about Imperial City. We will begin giving you details next week, and we will be discussing some features of Imperial City on ESO Live next week as well. And, of course, we'll still be hosting our panel at QuakeCon.

But what is the exact reason that information is not avaiable on monday? That's pretty much the question of this thread and what I want to know most.

It's the fourth time we've been told it's "later", now I want to know -why- it's later as I am sick of hearing later even though I am still paying for "later".
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Gina, for not just posting "Soon (tm)" or similar. :-)
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The natives are getting restless...well more like let down, disappointed, pissed off.

There is no reason to push stuff back anymore. Im tired of making excuses to my guild and getting flamed as a fan boy.

Its to the point there better be more content than just the imp city or this patch may well be a huge disappointment.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the announcement/article about ZOS going to QuakeCon made recently there was mention of them having an IC panel or discussion or something, as well as talk about other 1.7 content (unspecified), so, yeah, it looks very much like we aren't getting the new update for at least a month. I recall early in the spring the consensus in many threads here was that 1.7 wouldn't hit until August at the earliest with September as the more likely date. Those predictions are sounding more likely every week.
    Edited by tinythinker on July 10, 2015 10:04PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for the update, always welcome ;)
  • lestaudenmaierub17_ESO
    You must be new here...we've been waiting for information on Imperial City since last Quakecon.

The latest delay is just par for the course.
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must be new here...we've been waiting for information on Imperial City since last Quakecon.

The latest delay is just par for the course.

That's one of the laters I also mentioned.

But come on seriously, I feel like subscribers should be compensated at this point I have been paying for months expecting content and getting zero. I am really dissapointed over this. A guild I have been working very hard on for 1.5 years now is close to death simply because it's impossible to find people to do anything now adays. Something should happen FFS.
    Edited by Denaia on July 10, 2015 10:07PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why the delay though? You've delayed this content for a year... another delay, even for a few days, is frankly ridiculous and you fob us off with a non-explanation? Not cool.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Except that is exactly what she did say: "Not when we said, but soon".

How many more times are we going to collectively allow Zeni make fools of us by them fobbing us off yet again.

I have no idea who has executive authority for constantly pushing things back and alienating the playerbase, but whoever it is that person should be sacked - they are the most significant threat to the prosperity of this game.

All The Best

Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ THIS. ^

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, this is NOT okay. :neutral:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    soon (tm)

new to the mmo thing are we........

(yes i do want info and new content but now or a week from now or a month it will still be around to play)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many more times are we going to collectively allow Zeni make fools of us by them fobbing us off yet again.

I have no idea who has executive authority for constantly pushing things back and alienating the playerbase, but whoever it is that person should be sacked - they are the most significant threat to the prosperity of this game.

All The Best
    Well, this is why speculation and suspicious recrimination are among the top forum games. Maybe there is an issue with how the paid Imperial City DLC will be released/paid for on console. Maybe there is a last minute change being made. But so far players being angry, anxious, quitting the game, etc, hasn't changed the basic MO for releasing info on new content. I kind of feel bad for the community managers because I am sure they would love to share more info, just as I am sure the people who work to design and code the content would love the players to get their hands on it.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best
    Well, this is why speculation and suspicious recrimination are among the top forum games. Maybe there is an issue with how the paid Imperial City DLC will be released/paid for on console. Maybe there is a last minute change being made. But so far players being angry, anxious, quitting the game, etc, hasn't changed the basic MO for releasing info on new content. I kind of feel bad for the community managers because I am sure they would love to share more info, just as I am sure the people who work to design and code the content would love the players to get their hands on it.

Yes, its definitely not Gina or anyone who is choosing the hold back info, for sure. I guess I've just been really excited for a week now. Well, off to be excited for another week.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game companies get worse and worse with revealing information daily. Zenimax is no different, obviously. It's the simple fact that most people won't quit the game due to lack of information, so they get away with it.

TBH, it pisses me right off. The only excuse to not give us information is if they don't know and/or haven't decided what they're actually going to have done or be able to include in the update. Which is a terrible excuse, as those things should have been thought and planned out long ago.

Poor communication is the bane to any relationship, Zenimax.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the big difference between doing it Monday as it was announced and waiting a few more days.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the big difference between doing it Monday as it was announced and waiting a few more days.
    Maybe there is a problem with doing a broadcast on Monday?

• Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe there is a problem with doing a broadcast on Monday?

Well they should explain what the problem is. We have waited long enough and we deserve more than this half arsed explanation we've received.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You keep on teasing me. I hope this info is substantial because you keep on delaying it. Tamriel Unlimited comes out expect update of info after console launch. 4 months passed. Console launch expect new info soon. Three weeks later. Eso live expect July 13. a week later find out we probably have to wait five more days. I will be sorely disappointed that the information is insignificant and not worth the wait.
  • Siniztor
    Siniztor
    ✭✭✭

Maybe you could step into the console text thread or the console threads about guild stacking and give some kind of update..still being looked at?? not gonna happen.....any thing just comment please
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just means it will be even longer before I consider giving Zo$ any more of my money.. :D
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it coincidence that they will give us the information at the week when is QuakeCon? At least they could tell us in the beginning what were their plans.
    Because I can!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable... what difference is a few days going to make if you've already had over a year working on this @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is really getting old. The game is STALE. Why does everything have to go in one patch????? There must be some changes/fixes/PvP stuff that can go in sooner. I have never in my life seen so many announcements about announcements in any industry. Nice PR move though announcing the delay of the announcement late on a Friday afternoon/evening.

Also, the "begin giving you details" really worries me. Sounds so far off before this hits live. PC will be completely dead by then. I am starting to think that PC will be killed off and transfers offered. Console will be the only platform. Would not surprise me one bit.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, I never expected it actually on Monday 13th, just in the week of Monday 13th. I guess I must have misread/misheard the initial statement...
    [...]how the paid Imperial City DLC will be released/paid for on console[...]
    As far as I am aware, they still haven't said whether it will be paid or not. Maybe that's what the delay is - finalising that decision.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they already stopped responding and posted this at the very last moment they could on friday says more then enough to me.

I'm out, I seriously stopped caring.