Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Experience Point Boosters

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Next week, we’ll be adding two different Experience Point Boosters to the PC/Mac game client: One that you can purchase from the Crown Store, and one that you can craft to use yourself or sell to other players for in-game gold. These two items will be available for Xbox One and PS4 next month.

The Crown Experience Scroll, as the name implies, comes from the Crown Store and can be purchased for 1,000 crowns for a pack of 5. A single Crown Experience Scroll lasts for 2 hours, and gives you a 50% boost to Experience gained from any and all sources – any time your Experience Point bar moves, it will move 50% further.

Psijic Ambrosia is the version that is available in-game. It gives the same magnitude of boost to Experience Points gained as the Crown Experience Booster (50%), but only lasts 30 minutes. However, Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink, and thus works with Provisioner passives that affect drinks! We’ll get into this more below.

When can you use these?
Both Psijic Ambrosia and the Crown Experience Scroll can be used at any level or Veteran Rank. Their boosts apply towards advancing your level, advancing your Veteran Rank, and for advancing your Champion Points. They do not apply towards things that don’t work off of Experience Points, like the Mages Guild and crafting skill lines.

What stacks with what?
The Crown Experience Scroll and Psijic Ambrosia do not stack with one another, or with themselves. If you attempt to use one right after the other, you’ll fail to use the second item (but will still exist in your inventory.) You can only have one consumable Experience Point Booster active at a time – if you’ve just consumed a Psijic Ambrosia, you cannot consume another Psijic Ambrosia, or a Crown Experience Scroll, until the first Psijic Ambrosia’s duration runs out.

These consumable Experience Point Boosters will stack with all other sources of Experience Point boosting such as the Rings of Mara, ESO Plus, your Alliance owning enemy keeps, or being in a group.

Note that although Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink for the purposes of Provisioning, it does not prevent you from also having a food or drink buff active. This means you can drink a Psijic Ambrosia, immediately drink some Red Rye Beer, and you will have both effects active on you.

This has two important consequences:
  • If you have the Brewer passive, you’ll make more units of Psijic Ambrosia per crafting attempt. This means that, at maximum Brewer rank, you’ll make four units of Psijic Ambrosia every time you craft that recipe.
  • If you have the Connoisseur passive, the duration of any Psijic Ambrosia you drink will be increased. This means that, at maximum Connoisseur rank, each unit of Psijic Ambrosia you drink will last 50 minutes, rather than the listed 30 minutes.

Taken together, someone who is both a fully-ranked Brewer and Connoisseur creating Psijic Ambrosia for their own use will get a total of three hours and twenty minutes of Experience boost from a single crafting of the recipe.

We’ll detail exactly how you can craft Psijic Ambrosia in next week’s patch notes.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and how rare are the ingredients to "Psijic Ambrosia" going to be?

If I want to grind let's say 10 hours, will I be forced to purchase these from the Crown Store due to insanely expensive prices/rare ingredients, or will I be able to afford them via normal play?

These are the questions that warrant answers and which very much determine whether this will be considered P2W or not.

I do hope ZOS has carefully considered this.

Also, why is the craftable version "weaker" (lasts less time) than the one you can purchase from Crown Store? As I recall, all consumables purchased via Crown Store were supposed to be weaker than crafted ones.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can you use these?
    Both Psijic Ambrosia and the Crown Experience Scroll can be used at any level or Veteran Rank. Their boosts apply towards advancing your level, advancing your Veteran Rank, and for advancing your Champion Points. They do not apply towards things that don’t work off of Experience Points, like the Mages Guild and crafting skill lines.
    A U-turn on the U-turn -- that makes a roundabout! Expect double backlash, particularly from those who approved of the version which did not increase CPs.

Maybe an idea would be to have the in-game crafted affect CPs, and the Crown Store one to not affect CPs...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is silly.

Edit - I approve entirely of point boosters for levelling, which means those of us who want to level alts etc can do so twice as fast. The CP thing though, that's maybe pushing things a bit too far. But eh, milk it out of us I guess while you still can...
    Edited by Garion on June 11, 2015 3:57PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Man thank you guys for this. Maybe now I'll get my last alt to vr 14 lol. I just coudlnt do the grind again.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that they're the same magnitude, I think basing "weaker" on a shorter duration is a bit deceptive. They could've made crown experience scrolls boost your experience gain by 50% for 30 minutes and cost 1000 crowns per 40 scrolls. The end result is more or less the same.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man thank you guys for this. Maybe now I'll get my last alt to vr 14 lol. I just coudlnt do the grind again.
    This is the thing -- it would be really useful for VRs, and I completely approve of it in that regard, but so many people think that it will mean P2W for CPs (personally, I don't). If CPs could be separated from XPs, or if the CP tick was applied before the booster, then there wouldn't be a problem there.

Current method: XP reward -> Multipliers applied (inc boosters) -> Enlightenment checked -> CP progress
    Better method: XP reward -> Multipliers applied (exc boosters) -> Enlightenment checked -> CP progress -> Boosters applied
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that they're the same magnitude, I think basing "weaker" on a shorter duration is a bit deceptive. They could've made crown experience scrolls boost your experience gain by 50% for 30 minutes and cost 1000 crowns per 40 scrolls. The end result is more or less the same.

Whether it's 'weaker' is going to depend on the reagents, I think. If they're fairly common, and the fact that you can make 4 in one go, will make them something that you can have access to a lot easier than 1000 crowns. So that might be the reason for the shortened duration, and would definitely not be 'weaker'/
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

Whether it's 'weaker' is going to depend on the reagents, I think. If they're fairly common, and the fact that you can make 4 in one go, will make them something that you can have access to a lot easier than 1000 crowns. So that might be the reason for the shortened duration, and would definitely not be 'weaker'/

I know, I'm saying that people who see 2 hour vs 30 minutes and immediately scream P2W need to think about it a bit more thoroughly and realise it isn't.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might actually play my alt again now.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We all knew these were coming. They have been saying they are coming since the whole b2p thing happened. I personally am happy. I cannot stand craglorn maybe with a 50% boost I can actually get from v12 to v14 in a reasonable amount of time doing what I like. Yes I enjoy mindlessly killing mobs lol.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

I know, I'm saying that people who see 2 hour vs 30 minutes and immediately scream P2W need to think about it a bit more thoroughly and realise it isn't.

Oh, I was just agreeing with you and expanding. If you can get common materials, and craft 4 at once with the right perks... and they last longer for the person that's crafting because of other perks... that's a lot better than a scroll that benefits from none of those perks. As long as it's per scroll, as someone else stated. We don't know that either, whether the 1000 crowns is for one use.

I just assumed that was the case from the wording, but miscommunication like that have happened before...
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exactly sure how I feel about this. I won't use them on my main, as I want to enjoy the game and not race through it. It will be helpful for alts though where I have already completed all the stories. I just hope the ingredients are a realistic drop rate. Equating the ingredient drop rate to something like an Imperial Racial motif would make me unhappy. I understand they will be (and should be) rare, but not ULTRA SUPER rare.

I do enjoy the fact they created it as a drink and the bonuses DO count. So with on rare ingredient I'll be able to craft multiple potions, as well they will last longer.

[EDIT] Oh, and bravo! I have been waiting to see something (anything) that "can be found in game as well in the crown store" that wasn't already in game. ;)
    Edited by MissBizz on June 11, 2015 4:26PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being Enlightened gives you 400% XP towards CP. Will XP Booster add to Enlightenment or multiply Enlightenment? That is, will it add 50% to Enlightenment so you get 450% XP? Or will it multiply Enlightenment so you get 600% XP?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Being Enlightened gives you 400% XP towards CP. Will XP Booster add to Enlightenment or multiply Enlightenment? That is, will it add 50% to Enlightenment so you get 450% XP? Or will it multiply Enlightenment so you get 600% XP?
    I expect it to work like other XP boosters in the game, so no change to CP rate (100k XP = 1 CP while enlightened), but you will gain the required 100k XP faster.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said:
    A single Crown Experience Scroll lasts for 2 hours, and gives you a 50% boost to Experience gained from any and all sources – any time your Experience Point bar moves, it will move 50% further.

VS
    It gives the same magnitude of boost to Experience Points gained as the Crown Experience Booster (50%), but only lasts 30 minutes. However, Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink, and thus works with Provisioner passives that affect drinks! We’ll get into this more below.

Taken together, someone who is both a fully-ranked Brewer and Connoisseur creating Psijic Ambrosia for their own use will get a total of three hours and twenty minutes of Experience boost from a single crafting of the recipe.

So in fact 2h <-> 3h20min

If the ingredient is common to find, the crafting item is stronger than the crown store item. Like the other items in crown store. This is OK for me.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I expect it to work like other XP boosters in the game, so no change to CP rate (100k XP = 1 CP while enlightened), but you will gain the required 100k XP faster.
    Yeah, that's the way I read it too. That way, it will be the same as how ESO Plus currently works. With the booster, you will get (eg) 7485 XP towards the 100k or 400k required for a CP, without the booster you will get (eg) 4990 XP towards the 100k or 400k required for a CP.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the release of these boosters with coincide with the release of new content.

I understand people's characters will not suddenly, overnight, be leveled to VR14, but I am hoping this means that, by the time a large number of people hit top level new content will be available.

I am making a guess here, but It would make scene, that these potions will be on the top of the list of best selling Crown store items.
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 11, 2015 4:42PM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the boosters are to be released next week I doubt it will come with any new content. There hasn't even been anything on the PTS yet.

I am, however, expecting news of new content...
  • KyyuU
    KyyuU
    ✭✭✭
    Pay to Win we are comming......

Sorry that is not the right way in my eyes players with alot of Championpoints( time) getting even more now that have nothing to do with a catch up system that is just moneymaking nothing more.
    Edited by KyyuU on June 11, 2015 5:05PM
    Beyond Infinity EU DE
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia Clear Hardmode: Clear
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pleased to read that a simliar potion will be craftable!

However, I'm still a bit worrying about finding reagents or ingredients for the potion. If it's going to be nirncrux rare, or 25k each craft, I wont be happy.
  • Erlex
    Erlex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    removed - Missed part of it!

Good job ZOS for adding a crafted version. Lets hope it doesnt cost a fortune.
    Edited by Erlex on June 11, 2015 5:20PM
    World First Hel Ra / AA clear
    Officer of Entropy Rising
    Defender of the Chalamo
    Beta tester since March 2013
    I stream everything twitch.tv/erlexx
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Money money money money money....congrats Zenimax. S**ting on people who don't have time, just rewarding those with mroe time, making the gap between players even bigger and worse.

The potion without the addition of CP would be a great thing but this is just moneymaking in progress. So much for "Buy to play". Tamriel Unlimited becomes unlimited time = unlimited power. congrats
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erlex wrote: »

From what I've read so far, you can use the experience booster AND the stat provision drink at the same time.

From OP's post...

Note that although Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink for the purposes of Provisioning, it does not prevent you from also having a food or drink buff active. This means you can drink a Psijic Ambrosia, immediately drink some Red Rye Beer, and you will have both effects active on you.
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 11, 2015 6:20PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on data-mining, the XP drink requires 2 purple ingredients (Frost Mirriam and Bervez Juice) and a new Gold ingredient (Perfect Roe). Unless they change ingredients before next week or that gold ingredient acts very differently than other gold drops in the game, it will be very rare.

The recipe itself looks similar to Dwemer motif. 7 purple recipe sheets that combine into the full recipe or 1 gold recipe that let's you learn entire thing immediately.

All subject to change, of course. Nothing is set in stone until it actually goes live in the game.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

From what I've read so far, you can use the experience booster AND the provision drink at the same time.

From OP's post...

Clearly says you cannot stack them.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭

From what I've read so far, you can use the experience booster AND the provision drink at the same time.

From OP's post...

Clearly says you cannot stack them.

Correct. You cannot stack the experience potion with the experience scroll, but you can still "stack" experience potion with stat potion.
    Edited by Inactive Account on June 11, 2015 5:53PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭

Good job ZOS in making more separation between the majority of your player base and the those that have no life. I am all for xp potions to make it easier to level alts to end game content, but I think the CP boost is a step too far, even if they are available in game.

Although, trolling (and ganking) CP grinders in PVP delves will be a lot more fun now!

I foresee this game bleeding out even more subs come next week!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    X.
    Edited by Gyudan on June 11, 2015 5:58PM
    Wololo.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be much easier to fork over the money for the Crown Store version than to craft them yourself, unlike all of the other Crown Store potions.

I hope ZOS proves me wrong, but... I'm not exactly hopeful, especially considering that these potions are now basically going to be mandatory for anyone above lv50.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be much easier to fork over the money for the Crown Store version than to craft them yourself, unlike all of the other Crown Store potions.

I hope ZOS proves me wrong, but... I'm not exactly hopeful, especially considering that these potions are now basically going to be mandatory for anyone above lv50.

I think we should just be happy there is an in-game version we can craft.