The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Experience Point Boosters

• vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    When can you use these?
    Both Psijic Ambrosia and the Crown Experience Scroll can be used at any level or Veteran Rank. Their boosts apply towards advancing your level, advancing your Veteran Rank, and for advancing your Champion Points. They do not apply towards things that don’t work off of Experience Points, like the Mages Guild and crafting skill lines.
    A U-turn on the U-turn -- that makes a roundabout! Expect double backlash, particularly from those who approved of the version which did not increase CPs.

Maybe an idea would be to have the in-game crafted affect CPs, and the Crown Store one to not affect CPs...

Yeah and then see how ESO PC goes down financially as we always try to stop ways for them to profit.We know xp boosters that dont apply to CPs wont sell that much.

• Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Because if they did truly care whether or not we perceived them to be "greedy" or any other similar adjectives, they would have simply made the XP boosters not apply to CP gain. But they didn't.
    I agree with the entire post, but I just wanted to comment on this bit. As I said above, since CPs are intrinsically tied to XPs, I don't think it would be "simple" at all for these boosters to apply to VR levelling and not CP gain. They're tied together too much. Now if these boosters would be only usable for anyone below V14, I think we may get somewhere. Let the V1-V13 players get a CP boost until they reach V14 so that they can catch up quicker, but as soon as they reach V14, no more boosters.

This will not slow the CP grind any....Thos ethat wish to grind CP will just leave a character slot open to create a new toon, grind it to V14 and delete said toon...Then create new toon and grind to V14 and delete and so on and so on!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    reften wrote: »
    Receipt farming will be INSANE to begin with. Just insane. I will play non-stop till I get the receipt.

Did they say whether we'll have to find the recipe? I didn't even take that into consideration...

... I wonder if the recipe will appear as a crown item eventually...?

People are saying that the recipe is split up into 6 parts that need to be combined, much like the chapters of the Dwemer motif.

Only unlike the Dwemer motif, you won't be able to make anything at all until you have all of the chapters.

Thanks! I like that idea... but not with the fact that you can just spend 1000 crowns in the store. Makes it inequitable at that point if it becomes too much effort to get the actual recipe and mats.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When can you use these?
    Both Psijic Ambrosia and the Crown Experience Scroll can be used at any level or Veteran Rank. Their boosts apply towards advancing your level, advancing your Veteran Rank, and for advancing your Champion Points. They do not apply towards things that don’t work off of Experience Points, like the Mages Guild and crafting skill lines.
    A U-turn on the U-turn -- that makes a roundabout! Expect double backlash, particularly from those who approved of the version which did not increase CPs.

Maybe an idea would be to have the in-game crafted affect CPs, and the Crown Store one to not affect CPs...

Yeah and then see how ESO PC goes down financially as we always try to stop ways for them to profit.We know xp boosters that dont apply to CPs wont sell that much.

If the only way for them to "make profit" (really, have you analyzed this yourself? Are they going to make profit, if they drive people away from their game entirely?) is P2W, perhaps it's better they don't make profit.

There are ways to make profit without P2W: DLC, ESO Plus, cosmetics, name changes, EU-US server transfers, console-PC server transfers, creating additional classes & selling them in Cash Shop (similar to MOBAs) etc, and last but not least: simply by attracting more players, rather than driving them away.
  • RVikary
    RVikary
    ✭✭
    Deltia wrote: »
    I really really really (really really) don't like this.

Please reconsider this because of Champion Points.

Or...make a cap on CP during seasons. Let's say first three months of year, you can only earn 100 or something. Otherwise this could ruin the game, especially PvP if people spam potions all day.

Please reconsider.

I agree with Deltia. In my opinion, either these potions simply don't apply to CP, or they apply, but there must be a cap to how much you earn, otherwhise this will be bad for normal players who can't simply throw their wallets at the screen.

Since the recipe will be divided in many pieces (7?), it will take a long time for people to start making those potions ingame. After that, they will need to farm for 2 purple and one legendary ingredients from what I heard. And that's also going to take a long time. No player who can't stay hours farming can do that, making it really hard for those low level players to catch up, as was supposed to be the whole idea behind this. While this is happening, there will be people who will be spending money and advancing non stop.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of making the craftable better then the bought one was an amazing point in favor for ZOS, but allowing this to work without any limits and making it so much harder to craft the ingame one are not good for the game.

Before anyone says I'm an old player afraid of people catching up as I saw some people saying that here, my main just finally reached VR6 yesterday, and that's my only veteran character. I have been playing this game since I heard it was going to be buy to play, around the end of January, and I still believe that allowing this CP gain is not a good idea. I have 17 CP's in each of the three sides, and I'm happily questing in Auridon to get a few more.
    Member of Alith
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site http://alitheso.com/
    Check out our twitter https://twitter.com/AlithESO
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally, I would be perfectly fine with "catch up" XP potions. But the way these boosters are being implemented, they enable the ones who are already ahead on the CP grind to get even more ahead.

In contrast, "catch up" potions would only work on CPs, as long as the user is below a certain number of current CPs.
    (for example, currently 200 CP would be a reasonable target number: have less then that? buy the boosters! have more then that already? sorry, boosters won't help you.)
    of course that "target number" up until which point boosters are working would need to go up 50-100CP per month
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The introduction of XP boosters will certainly widen the gap between those casual players who won't buy any of these potions and hardcore grinders that are already getting 15k XP per minute grinding with alts in the VR 1-10 silver and gold zones who will now get 50% more XP in the same time if they're permanently using XP boosters.

A high Champion Rank makes a character quite a bit stronger. It's not as important as the right build (gear and character skill setup), player skill, knowledge, and experience (the most important thing!) or veteran rank (in most cases), but the bonuses add up to quite a bit: More than 20% more damage of all types, 20% more damage with crits, 12% more crit chance, more than 20% less damage taken from all sources, more max Health, max Magicka, max Stamina with each Champion Rank, Recovery of all 3 resources in Combat increased by 20%, Cost of all skills reduced by 20%, etc.* The list of bonuses for a character with A LOT of Champion Points is long, and all these bonuses added together make quite a difference for competitive endgame raids and especially for PvP.

In practice though, the average player with a VR 14 character doesn't have enough points yet that any reasonable human being would kick another player from a group for not having enough Champion Points :) On the EU server, many players with some of the best positions in leaderboards still have less than 200 CP. And there are builds that are very strong in PvP (some would say overpowered) with 0 Champion Points already. So we're not yet at the point where having a very high Champion Rank is a necessity to stay competitive (at least not on the EU server). But that day may come and the imbalances in PvP might get really out of control when more crazy high Champion Rank builds arrive in Cyrodiil.

One thing is certain: the gap between the most casual/new players and hardcore grinders will widen faster with the introduction of Experience Boosters and when new raids or endgame dungeons are introduced in maybe around two years, for example, when most players will probably have around 600 CP, these dungeons will need to have their difficulty adjusted to either Champion Rank 0 or Champion Rank 600 (because there is a difference you can notice).

---
    "Sorry, I can't log in with my tank right now. She still has an XP booster active."
    "Oh, ok..."
    ---

* the numbers given here are approximate values. I was too lazy to look up the maximum values for each individual skill :) More than 20% more damage would results from 100 points in Mighty and 100 points in Piercing in the Ritual when using a physical skill, for example.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week, we’ll be adding two different Experience Point Boosters to the PC/Mac game client: One that you can purchase from the Crown Store, and one that you can craft to use yourself or sell to other players for in-game gold. These two items will be available for Xbox One and PS4 next month.

The Crown Experience Scroll, as the name implies, comes from the Crown Store and can be purchased for 1,000 crowns for a pack of 5. A single Crown Experience Scroll lasts for 2 hours, and gives you a 50% boost to Experience gained from any and all sources – any time your Experience Point bar moves, it will move 50% further.

Psijic Ambrosia is the version that is available in-game. It gives the same magnitude of boost to Experience Points gained as the Crown Experience Booster (50%), but only lasts 30 minutes. However, Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink, and thus works with Provisioner passives that affect drinks! We’ll get into this more below.

When can you use these?

What stacks with what?
    The Crown Experience Scroll and Psijic Ambrosia do not stack with one another, or with themselves. If you attempt to use one right after the other, you’ll fail to use the second item (but will still exist in your inventory.) You can only have one consumable Experience Point Booster active at a time – if you’ve just consumed a Psijic Ambrosia, you cannot consume another Psijic Ambrosia, or a Crown Experience Scroll, until the first Psijic Ambrosia’s duration runs out.

These consumable Experience Point Boosters will stack with all other sources of Experience Point boosting such as the Rings of Mara, ESO Plus, your Alliance owning enemy keeps, or being in a group.

Note that although Psijic Ambrosia is considered a drink for the purposes of Provisioning, it does not prevent you from also having a food or drink buff active. This means you can drink a Psijic Ambrosia, immediately drink some Red Rye Beer, and you will have both effects active on you.

This has two important consequences:
    • If you have the Brewer passive, you’ll make more units of Psijic Ambrosia per crafting attempt. This means that, at maximum Brewer rank, you’ll make four units of Psijic Ambrosia every time you craft that recipe.
    • If you have the Connoisseur passive, the duration of any Psijic Ambrosia you drink will be increased. This means that, at maximum Connoisseur rank, each unit of Psijic Ambrosia you drink will last 50 minutes, rather than the listed 30 minutes.

Taken together, someone who is both a fully-ranked Brewer and Connoisseur creating Psijic Ambrosia for their own use will get a total of three hours and twenty minutes of Experience boost from a single crafting of the recipe.

We’ll detail exactly how you can craft Psijic Ambrosia in next week’s patch notes.

I thought these where not going to be used in champ points if that is the case, zos you have just broke the game big style. You said that champ points would not be able to be increased by potion. If now they can then you have really broke the game, alot of people will say no they have not and in pve granted it makes no diff, but in pvp it makes a huge diff. I normal can get 4 champ points per day day, with this that goes up to 6 champ points per day day. over a week lets say we take me before and after, lets call it player 1 and player 2.
    player 1 at the end of week 1 has 28 champ points
    player 2 at the end of week 1 will have with this exp poiton 42 champ points
    player 1 at the end of 4 weeks will have 112 champ points
    player 2 will have 168 champ points
    player 1 at the end of the year will have 1456 champ point
    player 2 will have 2184 champ points and you are telling us know this is not game breaking can you please explain how it is not, please don't ignore this remark, because this will break the game in pvp by alot and stop the pvp being used and thus you will start losing players and thus it means you have broke the game, if this is the case well done i must say with a big pat on the back for you zos
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Belazarus
    Belazarus
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Everyone

Thought I'd drop my 2 cents. I actually have no problem with this at all. Experience Potions are a convenience item (in my view) as it simply helps those who don't have as much time to play, to be able to keep up with their friends. I don't consider this to be pay to win to be honest, many MMO's have this kind of item in their games and in my experience hasn't caused any trouble.

I think ZOS have struck the right balance by having the item available to craft in game, as well as a similar item which can be purchased from the crown store - to me this certainly removes the "Pay to win" argument, as you don't HAVE to pay to have an experience boost. If it's available in game and in store, then it's available to everyone. I also think it's a great way to make "drink making" more relevant in game again.

I know there are bound to be a lot of knee jerk reactions, and cries of "Pay to Win" ... initially .... but I'd like for ZOS to stick with their judgment, which I think they have gotten right here, and once the items are in game - people will enjoy the convenience of having this option (whether bought from store or crafted in game) - and the initial concerns will evaporate in time.

I totally respect the opposing views, so please don't hate on me hehe. This is just my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree. I respect everyone will have a different view on this matter as it's quite a dividing subject.

For what it's worth, my vote is - Go for it ZOS - I love it :smiley:

Regards
    Bel
    Edited by Belazarus on June 13, 2015 1:22PM
    bel-small2.png
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belazarus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone

Thought I'd drop my 2 cents. I actually have no problem with this at all. Experience Potions are a convenience item (in my view) as it simply helps those who don't have as much time to play, to be able to keep up with their friends. I don't consider this to be pay to win to be honest, many MMO's have this kind of item in their games and in my experience hasn't caused any trouble.

When there isn't a virtually infinite leveling progression (Champion System) sure, it is convenience.

Most MMOs do not feature similar progression systems based on XP, which I'm sure you're aware of.
    I think ZOS have struck the right balance by having the item available to craft in game, as well as a similar item which can be purchased from the crown store - to me this certainly removes the "Pay to win" argument, as you don't HAVE to pay to have an experience boost. If it's available in game and in store, then it's available to everyone. I also think it's a great way to make "drink making" more relevant in game again.

It doesn't matter, if this item is off limits for most players due to too high cost (unless they spend $$$ to get it from Cash Shop or purchase gold from 3rd party with $$$).

When it becomes about who can spend most $$$ on Boosters (or $$$ on gold in order to be able to afford the in game crafted ones) to gain character power, then it is P2W (there is no argument to be had here).

By that same argument, they could add an extremely rare, powerful item set with 0,0000001% drop chance and then add it in the Cash Shop. No P2W, because it's available in game, right? No...
    I know there are bound to be a lot of knee jerk reactions, and cries of "Pay to Win" ... initially .... but I'd like for ZOS to stick with their judgment, which I think they have gotten right here, and once the items are in game - people will enjoy the convenience of having this option (whether bought from store or crafted in game) - and the initial concerns will evaporate in time.

Yes, initial concerns will evaporate once everyone complaining has quit the game and only people fine with P2W remain.
    As in most of the "failed" F2P MMOs, which is why ZOS going this route is hardly surprising, despite their promises of not doing so.
    I totally respect the opposing views, so please don't hate on me hehe. This is just my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree. I respect everyone will have a different view on this matter as it's quite a dividing subject.

For what it's worth, my vote is - Go for it ZOS - I love it :smiley:

Regards
    Bel

Fair enough, though I don't think you fully know what you're talking about, as you are ignoring the whole CP aspect entirely, as well as the availability of these crafted versions of this booster.
    Edited by DDuke on June 13, 2015 1:35PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My jury's still out on this until we see the availability of Perfect Roe and the drop rate on the recipes themselves. I already know the rarity of things like Frost Mirriam.

I think it would have been better served if they had brought out the in-game versions of the XP potions first, let the market at least stabilize somewhat, and then release the Crown Store version so that people wouldn't feel so railroaded into spending Crowns.

But that's probably exactly what they've wanted all along, considering just how close to console release this is coming out.

You'll notice the first thing they are introducing post-console release isn't bug fixes for the numerous issues the game has had since 2.0, not new content, not any sort of plan regarding the future of the game... the FIRST thing they are releasing is their best shot at making money from players before the luster wears off.

For a business, that's a smart move, I suppose. For us players, however, it looks very suspiciously like a cash-grab.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My jury's still out on this until we see the availability of Perfect Roe and the drop rate on the recipes themselves. I already know the rarity of things like Frost Mirriam.

I think it would have been better served if they had brought out the in-game versions of the XP potions first, let the market at least stabilize somewhat, and then release the Crown Store version so that people wouldn't feel so railroaded into spending Crowns.

But that's probably exactly what they've wanted all along, considering just how close to console release this is coming out.

You'll notice the first thing they are introducing post-console release isn't bug fixes for the numerous issues the game has had since 2.0, not new content, not any sort of plan regarding the future of the game... the FIRST thing they are releasing is their best shot at making money from players before the luster wears off.

For a business, that's a smart move, I suppose. For us players, however, it looks very suspiciously like a cash-grab.

Well, it's not necessarily a smart move for a business either. Not in the long term, atleast.

How will it affect sales, when people about to purchase this game are told "don't do it, the game is P2W"? Or when their existing players quit due to this?

I mean, surely they have some analysts with data, but in the past we've clearly seen how out of touch they can be with their player base, so I'm not sure they are making the right call here financially.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Fair enough, though I don't think you fully know what you're talking about, as you are ignoring the whole CP aspect entirely, as well as the availability of these crafted versions of this booster.
    Having flash backs from a couple months ago where you repeatedly told anyone who disagreed with you about this subject, that they don't know what they're talking about.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait until Monday. Might actually start playing again. Also I find it hard to believe people will have these up 24/7. Investing $1000s. Sorry thats simply just not going to happen.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on June 13, 2015 1:57PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Having flash backs from a couple months ago where you repeatedly told anyone who disagreed with you about this subject, that they don't know what they're talking about.

Most people don't (whether they agree/disagree with someone or not), that's just a life fact.

Regardless, I made quite clear why I think so.
    Edited by DDuke on June 13, 2015 2:00PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot wait until Monday. Might actually start playing again. Also I find it hard to believe people will have these up 24/7. Investing $1000s. Sorry thats simply just not going to happen.

That happens in every P2W MMO.

There was a guild leader in another MMO who was rich IRL, he bought P2W items to himself & all his guild mates with tens of thousands of $$$ in that game. I'll see if I can find that article :smiley:

Money isn't the same for some people as it is for the rest of us.
    Edited by DDuke on June 13, 2015 2:04PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There was a guild leader in another MMO who was rich IRL, he bought P2W items to himself & all his guild mates with tens of thousands of $$$ in that game. I'll see if I can find that article :smiley:

So one guy who may or may not have kept xp pots up 24/7 means noone can have them? Sorry but thats not a valid argument. Also its a moot point anyways. These are coming day after tomorrow. They will affect CP because XP affects CP. Without some serious recoding how would they possibly get around that? I know you guys say "Oh just have them not affect CP.". Like there is a key you can hit for that.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how hard it is for players to get all the pieces of that recipe along with the ingredients. I have mixed feelings about this.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people also don't actually play "24/7", the ones who play for a lot generally play for 8-10 hours a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I think that's a pretty good "average" point for many players who consider themselves to play a lot.

That's like ~10 bucks a day (1,000 Crowns buys you 5 potions, which = 10 hours of boosted XP), which is what a lot of us will end up spending at Starbucks every morning or on fast food, etc.

For those who don't have jobs or have low-paying jobs, that might seem like much. But for those of us that have good jobs, that's barely even a drop in the bucket.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So one guy who may or may not have kept xp pots up 24/7 means noone can have them? Sorry but thats not a valid argument. Also its a moot point anyways. These are coming day after tomorrow. They will affect CP because XP affects CP. Without some serious recoding how would they possibly get around that? I know you guys say "Oh just have them not affect CP.". Like there is a key you can hit for that.

There is, just like there is a key to creating anything in game.

I believe it would be fairly simple for ZOS to code XP Boosters that do not affect CPs.
    Much better option than turning the game into yet another P2W MMO.

And there are much more than one person willing to abuse their lucky RL situation to "beat some poor scrubs in game" with their credit cards, just like in every other P2W MMO.

That specific example just stuck in my mind because someone actually went out of their way to help others as well (albeit ruining the game for good many other people in the process). Now that's rare.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people also don't actually play "24/7", the ones who play for a lot generally play for 8-10 hours a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I think that's a pretty good "average" point for many players who consider themselves to play a lot.

That's like ~10 bucks a day (1,000 Crowns buys you 5 potions, which = 10 hours of boosted XP), which is what a lot of us will end up spending at Starbucks every morning or on fast food, etc.

For those who don't have jobs or have low-paying jobs, that might seem like much. But for those of us that have good jobs, that's barely even a drop in the bucket.

I have a very good job. My partner has a very good job. 10 bucks a day on an MMO still seems like a lot of money to me... in fact, anything beyond a standard subscription is "too much" in my books.

Sometimes it has less to do with money, and more to do with principles...
    Edited by Garion on June 13, 2015 2:14PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    i count i need to spend only 53325 Crowns to max my CP.In my math i grind 5 hour a day(2,5 pot=250 crowns).So it will be enough to me have 1500 from sunbcribe+5500 crowns from shop every month.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    i count i need to spend only 53325 Crowns to max my CP.In my math i grind 5 hour a day(2,5 pot=250 crowns).So it will be enough to me have 1500 from sunbcribe+5500 crowns from shop every month.

If you spend enough to get 5500 crowns a month then they will be VERY pleased.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »

I have a very good job. My partner has a very good job. 10 bucks a day on an MMO still seems like a lot of money to me... in fact, anything beyond a standard subscription is "too much" in my books.

Sometimes it has less to do with money, and more to do with principles...

Those guys must not have wives. My wife is not letting me spend no $100 a month on crowns lol. I just plan on using my free crowns (as I plan to resub) to buy them.
  • Belazarus
    Belazarus
    ✭✭✭
    For the record DDuke - I am aware, and in support of CP being effected by these consumables.
    I'd like these new additions to be beneficial for both levelling characters, and those who are focussing on a VR character.

Though as you point out, I don't know what I'm talking about, so please feel free to ignore my personal opinion, as that is all it is ;)

Edited by Belazarus on June 13, 2015 2:36PM
    bel-small2.png
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    And sadly, this brings an end to why anyone would even sub anymore...officially making ESO P2W.

The Vet grind wouldn't even be an issue if they would just drop the vet levels like they said they would, capping levels at 50.

My guild wants me to come back to play, but this just seems like another nail in the coffin for me. :(

It's been stated above, game is driving folks away instead of attracting them. I understand that a game needs to make $$ to survive, but they haven't even offered the basic features that folks are willing to pay for which has already been mentioned...DLC, more pets/mounts, cosmetics, name changes, faction/server transfers...actually making ESO Plus desirable...etc.

P.S Still waiting for wolf pets/mounts in the crown $tore.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhass wrote: »
    And sadly, this brings an end to why anyone would even sub anymore...officially making ESO P2W.

The Vet grind wouldn't even be an issue if they would just drop the vet levels like they said they would, capping levels at 50.

My guild wants me to come back to play, but this just seems like another nail in the coffin for me. :(

It's been stated above, game is driving folks away instead of attracting them. I understand that a game needs to make $$ to survive, but they haven't even offered the basic features that folks are willing to pay for which has already been mentioned...DLC, more pets/mounts, cosmetics, name changes, faction/server transfers...actually making ESO Plus desirable...etc.

All the stuff you mentioned are basically one time purchases. For me no time purchases. I have no interest in a name change since noone ever sees your characters name anyways. Consumables like the XP boosters are something people will buy over and over. I havent spent a single crown of all the free crowns I got. I have no interest in cosmetics Im not playing barbie dress up online. I have no need for a faction change if I want that I can just reroll.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All the stuff you mentioned are basically one time purchases. For me no time purchases. I have no interest in a name change since noone ever sees your characters name anyways. Consumables like the XP boosters are something people will buy over and over. I havent spent a single crown of all the free crowns I got. I have no interest in cosmetics Im not playing barbie dress up online. I have no need for a faction change if I want that I can just reroll.

Ok, so you are not spending any money currently. What is the problem with that, if I may ask? Most people I know would be happy about saving money :smiley:

Also, there are plenty of people who are willing to put that money into cosmetics & "one time purchases", or into things like subscription as proven by other games in the genre and other genres (you do not need to look further than MOBAs).

The beauty of "one time purchases" is also that they keep developers working, rather than just sitting back & counting the dollars while their P2W machine consolidates power to a small percentage of players & drives the rest away.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ok, so you are not spending any money currently. What is the problem with that, if I may ask? Most people I know would be happy about saving money :smiley:

Also, there are plenty of people who are willing to put that money into cosmetics & "one time purchases", or into things like subscription as proven by other games in the genre and other genres (you do not need to look further than MOBAs).

The beauty of "one time purchases" is also that they keep developers working, rather than just sitting back & counting the dollars while their P2W machine consolidates power to a small percentage of players & drives the rest away.

How long do you think the game can go without money being put into it? I dont even understand this whole complaint. They have said from the first mention of a cash shop xp boosts would be in it. The only question anyone had was will they also be available in the game. Doing all this chicken little stuff screaming about how the sky is falling I find hard to take seriously.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How long do you think the game can go without money being put into it? I dont even understand this whole complaint. They have said from the first mention of a cash shop xp boosts would be in it. The only question anyone had was will they also be available in the game. Doing all this chicken little stuff screaming about how the sky is falling I find hard to take seriously.

Good job ignoring everything I wrote, well done.

I think I'm done with this conversation, if you can call it that.

Have a good day.