Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    I love how there really weren't any updated for templars on today's patch -.-
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    As promised, here is an update for some of the abilities that were called out. Keep in mind we tried to focus only on abilities that appeared to be bugged, and not actual design decisions. We know some of the answers may seem a little vague, but we honestly just don't have a solid date yet for some of these fixes. Hope this helps, though, and let us know if you have any follow up questions!
    • Focused Charge: This ability has a GCD that locks you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Eclipse: After a successful spell reflect, you are unable to use any abilities for a few seconds. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Solar Barrage: This ability grants empower, but does not apply to AoEs. It turns out that the bonus damage wasn’t applying to itself, and we’re currently testing a fix for this.
    • Sun Fire and Solar Flare: The travel speed of these projectiles is noticeably slower than other casted-projectile spells (such as Crystal Frags). We plan on increasing the travel speed for these projectiles in a future update.
    • Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.
    • Puncturing Strikes: We’re seeing reports that this ability is giving a 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback. We’re currently investigating to see if this is a bug or working as intended, and will let you know when we have an answer.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

- Eclipse's god-awful bug that froze your ability bar was fixed. Great!
    - Focused Charge, theoretically, doesn't have the animation bug anymore. You also confirmed that the GCD is not a bug, and you will not remove it. For the record, keeping the GCD is a terrible idea, but you actually replied and confessed. I have to give you credit for that.

Now, Solar Barrage, Sun Fire, Breath of Life, Puncturing Strikes (otherwise known as The Other Fixes/Modifications/Investigations Promised). Any update? Templars are far from "fixed", despite the speed of your response regarding the two mentioned bug fixes. Breath of Life still takes too long to cast, Sun Fire is so slow, etc. When can we hear more on these remaining items?
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

Now, Solar Barrage, Sun Fire, Breath of Life, Puncturing Strikes (otherwise known as The Other Fixes/Modifications/Investigations Promised). Any update? Templars are far from "fixed", despite the speed of your response regarding the two mentioned bug fixes. Breath of Life still takes too long to cast, Sun Fire is so slow, etc. When can we hear more on these remaining items?

It would be good to get an update on these, since Focused Charge looks like it is never going to be fixed (if the GCD is 'working as intended').

Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on May 12, 2015 4:03AM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Patchnote 2.0.8:

Templar

Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: It is no longer possible to become stuck in the charge pose after triggering this ability.

Will it be right this time ? :drumroll:

I'll test it as much as I can in PvP later, since it's where it happens the most, and I'll post some feedback, fingers crossed.
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Arezius wrote: »
    Patchnote 2.0.8:

Templar

Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: It is no longer possible to become stuck in the charge pose after triggering this ability.

I'll test it as much as I can in PvP later, since it's where it happens the most, and I'll post some feedback, fingers crossed.

Possibly fixed as noone complained about stuck yet. However whats more important, did they keep the GCD of 0.5-1 second effectively stunning us for using the skill? If still there, Its mutch better to use sword and shield charge still. Because it does not apply any global cooldown.

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »
    As promised, here is an update for some of the abilities that were called out. Keep in mind we tried to focus only on abilities that appeared to be bugged, and not actual design decisions. We know some of the answers may seem a little vague, but we honestly just don't have a solid date yet for some of these fixes. Hope this helps, though, and let us know if you have any follow up questions!
    • Focused Charge: This ability has a GCD that locks you out of any action for 1-2 seconds after each use. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Eclipse: After a successful spell reflect, you are unable to use any abilities for a few seconds. We are aware this is happening, and are working on a fix.
    • Solar Barrage: This ability grants empower, but does not apply to AoEs. It turns out that the bonus damage wasn’t applying to itself, and we’re currently testing a fix for this.
    • Sun Fire and Solar Flare: The travel speed of these projectiles is noticeably slower than other casted-projectile spells (such as Crystal Frags). We plan on increasing the travel speed for these projectiles in a future update.
    • Breath of Life: This ability appears to have a consistent delay after activation. We plan on increasing the cast time for this ability in a future update.
    • Puncturing Strikes: We’re seeing reports that this ability is giving a 4 second CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback. We’re currently investigating to see if this is a bug or working as intended, and will let you know when we have an answer.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

- Eclipse's god-awful bug that froze your ability bar was fixed. Great!
    - Focused Charge, theoretically, doesn't have the animation bug anymore. You also confirmed that the GCD is not a bug, and you will not remove it. For the record, keeping the GCD is a terrible idea, but you actually replied and confessed. I have to give you credit for that.

Remember that prior to this her initial statement was: im going to look into this and let you know what the developers are working on.

The other fixes are already in the works/on the list to be fixed.

New info not really needed since she cant give an ETA anyway
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    [
    ZOS_GaryA
    admin
    After speaking with some other folks, the GCD on this ability is currently working as designed, and there are not plans to remove it at this time. That said, we have sent this feedback along to the right folks. We also encourage everyone to submit their feedback using /feedback in the game.

Please keep us up to date if you run into the bug with Toppling Charge getting stuck after 2.0.8. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Bull****.

So we have to provide feedback - again...

Should I resubmit all the bug reports I've sent in, as well? I try to only report each bug once. Should I start spamming?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please don't revert to just ignoring your disgruntled customers again.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »
    Patchnote 2.0.8:

Templar

Aedric Spear

Possibly fixed as noone complained about stuck yet. However whats more important, did they keep the GCD of 0.5-1 second effectively stunning us for using the skill? If still there, Its mutch better to use sword and shield charge still. Because it does not apply any global cooldown.

i've seen people complain & post screenshots on reddit. didn't even slot the ability to test it
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop burying this because you don't want to answer to your lies.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    You can still get stuck by the animation, tested it myself, but it seems to happen far less, and it happened when I had 300+ ping during a Keep assault with 2 trains inside, and I got stuck 3 times just this time.

So it's still possible to get stuck by it, and the small CD is still there after using it.

I give up, will just use the sword and shield charge instead...
    Edited by Arezius on May 13, 2015 8:15PM
  • publicradioheadub17_ESO
    Broken still....
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had the stuck Focused Charge bug again, since the last fix (thank you). It also seems to flow smoothly into a Biting Jabs.

Well done guys.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be another month till we get an answer to why you lied about the cool down is it?
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing memory...

- Puncturing Strikes CC imunity
    - Focused Charge getting stuck and global cooldown
    - Sun Fire slow projectile speed
    - Solar Flare slow projectile speed and Dark Flare no chance to instant cast
    - Rushed Ceremony animation delay
    - Healing Ritual no chance to instant cast

Hear our plea!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by BugCollector on May 15, 2015 5:57PM
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Our tiff is with the suits requiring those GCDs.
    Enough negativity and they might make Templar totally junk. Devs are trying their absolute best to squash bugs with what very little time they are given aside from cash shop and console.
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this DK post about talons not working in some way (sidenote it is still be abused for Hard CC but devs don't care about that). As 6th reply it was a dev saying they are going to take a look into it.

I found it funny they get replies sofast, when we have to burn through 22 pages of complains about most our skills, to get little or very little acknowledges and almost no fix or just a slap in the face for want to remove our Global COoldowns on our skills (Lol wtf why do they have this even?).

I got a warning for quoting dev post, and poiting out how funny it was they reply so fast to DK threads. Ofcrouse i got a warning!

Good for them!

I notised a bug with Eclipse btw (Again) this time i got hit with Eclipse, and got some more CC at same time, not sure if it was KD or stun. Either waym, when i CC break it all my skills went unresponsive. Your know like back in time when Eclipse made my skills useless. Well now sometimes Eclipse can bug out enemies skills. Only way i could start cast again was by hitting double escape. Then skills worked again.

This only happened once tho, but perhaps someone else been Eclipsed and seen it happen. That Eclipse now can bug out targets skillbar.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this DK post about talons not working in some way (sidenote it is still be abused for Hard CC but devs don't care about that). As 6th reply it was a dev saying they are going to take a look into it.

I found it funny they get replies sofast, when we have to burn through 22 pages of complains about most our skills, to get little or very little acknowledges and almost no fix or just a slap in the face for want to remove our Global COoldowns on our skills (Lol wtf why do they have this even?).

I got a warning for quoting dev post, and poiting out how funny it was they reply so fast to DK threads. Ofcrouse i got a warning!

Good for them!

I notised a bug with Eclipse btw (Again) this time i got hit with Eclipse, and got some more CC at same time, not sure if it was KD or stun. Either waym, when i CC break it all my skills went unresponsive. Your know like back in time when Eclipse made my skills useless. Well now sometimes Eclipse can bug out enemies skills. Only way i could start cast again was by hitting double escape. Then skills worked again.

This only happened once tho, but perhaps someone else been Eclipsed and seen it happen. That Eclipse now can bug out targets skillbar.

So you're saying the way talons can be exploited by combining with stuns, we now have one by eclipse and following it up with a hard stun for a perma stun as well? :p

Anyway; I agree with Glak. Keep posting the issues you run into but we could use being a bit more cordial overall. In before "we have been for a year and it hasn't worked." Thing is, keep backhanding them when they try to help is just going to make it worse.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being backhanded by the lying devs in the first place doesn't bode well for 'cordial'
    khele23eb17

ZOS_AmeliaR admin

tinythinker
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything give Templars the option to change classes to something that works as intended.
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1805723#Comment_1805723

Here! Sad that we have to wait and wait and wait and wait!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170993/eclipse-shield-charge-invasion-speed-hack-bug-video-inside#latest

Eclipse cause bug with talons (and potentially more skills) making enemies run for 800% speed when casting talons while affected by Eclipse.

Edit: Btw i think just treat talons as hard CC would fix alot alot bugs/exploits with that skill.
    Edited by Saft on May 16, 2015 11:54AM
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing memory...

Hear our plea!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

missed a couple Bug...
    - Solar Barrage has a global cooldown and grants empower, but empower does not apply to AoEs
    - You can not get benefit from Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual + Breath of Life. You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds
    - Standing in Extended Ritual or Channeled Focus does not give you any healing bonus to Repentance (Focus Healing passive).
    - Repentance doesn't scale with Mending passive.
    - Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted.
    - Eclipse
    - Focused Charge again
    - Purifying Light doesn't always create the healing pool. The healing pool disappears as soon as the mob has died.
    - Restoring Spirit passive pales in comparison to Refreshing Shadows, Power Stone, Capacitor, Unholy Knowledge.
    - Not just Templars but unable to mount after healing someone still in combat - this one has existed since beta.

I'm sure there's more. I believe it's getting harder to find a Templar ability that works correctly - maybe Spear Shards?

- If Templar role is to be healing, we need more synergy with Restoration staff tree.
    - If Templar role is to be tanking, we need an AoE CC
    - If Templar role is to be dps, we need an escape.

How about just rolling Templar back to 1.5?

Edited by Animal_Mother on May 16, 2015 12:12PM
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spear shards? No that's bugged too! :D
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing memory...

Hear our plea!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

missed a couple Bug...
    - Solar Barrage has a global cooldown and grants empower, but empower does not apply to AoEs
    - You can not get benefit from Focused Healing passive if you rapidly cast Purifying Ritual + Breath of Life. You have to wait until the first HOT tick to get that passive work which is 2 seconds
    - Standing in Extended Ritual or Channeled Focus does not give you any healing bonus to Repentance (Focus Healing passive).
    - Repentance doesn't scale with Mending passive.
    - Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted.
    - Eclipse
    - Focused Charge again
    - Purifying Light doesn't always create the healing pool. The healing pool disappears as soon as the mob has died.
    - Restoring Spirit passive pales in comparison to Refreshing Shadows, Power Stone, Capacitor, Unholy Knowledge.
    - Not just Templars but unable to mount after healing someone still in combat - this one has existed since beta.

I'm sure there's more. I believe it's getting harder to find a Templar ability that works correctly - maybe Spear Shards?

- If Templar role is to be healing, we need more synergy with Restoration staff tree.
    - If Templar role is to be tanking, we need an AoE CC
    - If Templar role is to be dps, we need an escape.

How about just rolling Templar back to 1.5?

Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a month since the last official comment.
    Anything new?

Still waiting.

All I can say is there had better be like a 20gb patch the day consoles go online, because that's what we keep hearing ad the excuse for not getting stuff fixed. So, once they are online, how long will it be before we get fixes again.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patchnote 2.0.8:

Templar

Aedric Spear

A lot of people got stuck even after last patch. Check reddit.
    A couple of guildmates got this bug too. So it's still not fully fixed.
    Edited by Anhedonie on May 17, 2015 9:23AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Patchnote 2.0.8:

Templar

Aedric Spear

A lot of people got stuck even after last patch. Check reddit.
    A couple of guildmates got this bug too. So it's still not fully fixed.

I see, well since Zenimax applied GDC on it (self stun templar) i am not using it, i just asumed it did't bug anymore since so few complained. I always use charge from shield and sword or 2 handed since they apply no GDC.

• burdocklightbringercub18_ESO
    PLEASE FIX TEMPLAR BEFORE CONSOLE RELEASE - ITS MY MAIN CHARACTER.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how to get a response.

" will these long standing bugs, glitches, and broken skills be present in the console version? If so, I'm not buying it! "