The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Guys..... getting stuck in the animation isn't a templar specific problem but a bug with charges in general, what most of us were bitchin about was the 2 second cooldown AFTER you hit with focused charge and that's what the fix was for.

No, the animation problem for the skill was announced in the patchnote, or were we supposed to understand something else ? :

- Aedric Spear

- Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Arezius wrote: »
    Guys..... getting stuck in the animation isn't a templar specific problem but a bug with charges in general, what most of us were bitchin about was the 2 second cooldown AFTER you hit with focused charge and that's what the fix was for.

No, the animation problem for the skill was announced in the patchnote, or were we supposed to understand something else ? :

- Aedric Spear

- Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.

Wasn't that about holding onto the spear after the charge completes?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

- Aedric Spear

^ yep
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens quite often to me, I charge into a group of mobs and can do NOTHING but run for 20+ seconds, changed to Shield Charge because of this. Fix this very obvious bug at least.

OMG I recently came into this realization when me and my pal both made Templar Lowbie Toons. It's so crazy annoying that this charge gets me caught in animation roughly 80% of the time. I don't even use it now because its so terrible and I'm only lv 20 on that character.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭

There is still a cooldown, Slot templar charge and sword and board chardge on same skillbar. FIrst charge whatever with templar skill. While charge press another skill as fast you can. And you should see its like 0.5-1 sec Global cooldown (self stun) before next skill fire off.

Then use shield charge, do same thing, press another skill while charging, and you will see its no cooldown after. And your second skill fires off imediatly.

Just go out and test. The cooldown is still there. Its basicly same skills, but templar skill still is nerfed with Global cooldown to all skills while sword and shield one works. So i advice all to use Sword and Board one if you can. Because of no cooldown.

Edited by Saft on April 21, 2015 9:47PM
  • TazerReloaded
    Got stuck in animation three times today before i switched back to Shield Charge, seems to happen when there is lag while charging.
    It's definitely a Templar exclusive bug, because I never ever had this problem with one of the other charge abilities.
    And I'm speaking about the animation being stuck for about FIFTEEN SECONDS straight, so neither other abilities nor normal attacks can be used, resulting in almost CERTAIN DEATH.
    The global cooldown seems better now, but the spell is still completely unusable.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »

There is still a cooldown, Slot templar charge and sword and board chardge on same skillbar. FIrst charge whatever with templar skill. While charge press another skill as fast you can. And you should see its like 0.5-1 sec Global cooldown (self stun) before next skill fire off.

Then use shield charge, do same thing, press another skill while charging, and you will see its no cooldown after. And your second skill fires off imediatly.

Just go out and test. The cooldown is still there. Its basicly same skills, but templar skill still is nerfed with Global cooldown to all skills while sword and shield one works. So i advice all to use Sword and Board one if you can. Because of no cooldown.

I suspect that the animation itself is the root problem. It is probably something that can't be fixed without redoing the animation from scratch. I think they are trying to fix focused charge without putting in the resources of scrapping the animation and redoing it entirely.

At least that is my best guess after they have changed the skill twice and both times left it still with a, albeit smaller, global cooldown.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

I suspect that the animation itself is the root problem. It is probably something that can't be fixed without redoing the animation from scratch. I think they are trying to fix focused charge without putting in the resources of scrapping the animation and redoing it entirely.

At least that is my best guess after they have changed the skill twice and both times left it still with a, albeit smaller, global cooldown.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. The other charges have the character travel along the ground, while Focused Charge has you in the air, so there's an animation for you to land back down. During that time is when I find I can't do anything, but if I let it play out, I can use a different skill immediately after.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    So i advice all to use Sword and Board one if you can. Because of no cooldown.

And the charge of One Hand and Shield doesn't have an animation bug.
    But my precious stamina :( you have to save on stamina in pvp.

About the cooldown, yes it's better but still more than the one using stamina, and I just can't understand why ours should have a cooldown, can we have an official feedback on that ? If there's a reason then no problem, but right now I don't see any, the stun is even longer if you take the Invasion morph from OH&S... and I absolutely don't care about the off balance of casting targets from Templar's charge.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. The other charges have the character travel along the ground, while Focused Charge has you in the air, so there's an animation for you to land back down. During that time is when I find I can't do anything, but if I let it play out, I can use a different skill immediately after.
    Yes, please remove this jump. It doesn't help over terrain at all, anyways.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a clarification on this from
    Radiant Destruction also goes through mist form unmitigated which is a bug too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9Z0lJuCPo

this video shows it is mitigating the damage. It is easiest to see above 50% where the ticks are over a K and around 500 in mist form.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add:

I am still getting the stuck animation (15-30 sec of not being able to do anything!) after the supposed fix. Its actually happening more frequently now.

The reduced cooldown after the charge (when it is not bugging out and locking me) feels a bit better, but it is still there.

Rolling DK now. RIP Templar.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    @darkknightfkb16_ESO
    If you really want to see a response from Zenimax then say something bad about them. You'll get a response within the following 24 hours. I expect this post to be deleted and my account banned, my third strike. One for calling out a troll, two for posting imgur pics relating to the game going downhill. One of free hugs under a bridge, another of a wallet be sucked into a desktop tower and a guy screaming "No Gabe" and a ton of transactions on Steam. Valve jokes, lulz. The third of some flight crew deciding to open the Plane Emergency exit and jump out. The only words that were posted were the spoiler code which hid the three pictures if you didn't care to see them.

i think I'll get something about abuse, I can't say I blame them.
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried both fixed skills in Cyro heavy battles and sadly found out that both are useless for my magicka templar. Charge to sorc for what? just for using absolutelly useless jabs on them? As you can endlessly chase sorc with charge you will also grant instantt cc immunity by jabs. Total Dark - again in battle you will try to cc enemy as much as you can, so enemy wil have cc immunity and eclipse won't work anyway; defensive posture still supreme to eclips, in addition total dark healing is triple less than Breath anyway. Even in res capturing eclipse not so usefull while i can spam blazing shield.
    Both skills maybe working but coz of weird mechanic they won't be on my skillbars. :'( In theory they nice but reality is too cruel.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 22, 2015 7:52AM
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Eclipse is useless... Tried it for hours yesterday. Gives Immunity and you cant use it if the caster had already used a spell.
    So if a noob Sorc comes and hard casts CF, and you hit him with Eclipse after the cast is done it wont be reflected...
    What a BS.
    It feels like nothing had changed, same bad spot for temps.
    Give us something to not loose all faith plz.
    Remove cc from Jabs and increase Dam like it was 1.6.0 170% at solo Target.
    And increase our poor shield, take away the 15% debuff from cyro.
    That would help... maybe
    Look at the polls, read the Forums its real hard for us, too hard for us at this point.

P.S.: I have given up the temp charge and use Invation, as my stam reg is getting better...
  • publicradioheadub17_ESO
    Yep... just waiting on 'working as intended'

• Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    pkb16_ESO2 wrote: »
    Eclipse is useless... Tried it for hours yesterday. Gives Immunity and you cant use it if the caster had already used a spell.
    So if a noob Sorc comes and hard casts CF, and you hit him with Eclipse after the cast is done it wont be reflected...
    What a BS.
    It feels like nothing had changed, same bad spot for temps.
    Give us something to not loose all faith plz.
    Remove cc from Jabs and increase Dam like it was 1.6.0 170% at solo Target.
    And increase our poor shield, take away the 15% debuff from cyro.
    That would help... maybe
    Look at the polls, read the Forums its real hard for us, too hard for us at this point.

P.S.: I have given up the temp charge and use Invation, as my stam reg is getting better...

While i agree Eclipse is weak, It is atleast not broken anymore. Its sad it can't be used on fired off spell projectiles. And that it give CC immunity makes the skill weak. It should not give immunity, it should be a debuff and be curable in my opinion.

But atleast Eclipse works as intended, its just developers seem to like templar skills to be weaker then weapon skills for example reflect from sword and board can be cast while spell projectile flies and either heals you + reflect, or stun +reflect. And also weaker then DK, that get 4 reflects on ALL kind of projectiles. But Eclipse is not bugged CCing us now atleast. I kinda gave up having as good skills as DK and Sorcs.

So Eclipse is fixed

Toppling charge is not fixed. Its still global cool down with the skill/animation that give us a 0.5-1 sec delay.

Edited by Saft on April 22, 2015 12:40PM
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfectly understandable that Eclispe won't reflect stuff that has already been cast - that's a timing issue and imho perfectly fine.

However I am frustrated that toppling charge is still not fixed. :(
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    Perfectly understandable that Eclispe won't reflect stuff that has already been cast - that's a timing issue and imho perfectly fine.

Yeah, no problem with it not reflecting already cast spells but the CC immunity crap sucks. Templar driving the CC immunity ice cream truck, throwing it out for free.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will run this up with something yet again that I find off.

Anyone else seeing biting jabs hit for much less than puncturing sweep? I have more weapon damage now than I had spell damage but the non crit attacks seem to hit for a lot less. I am using sword and board ransack along with power of the light and am reducing armor with those yet still hitting lighter than the magicka version when I was in heavy armor.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Will run this up with something yet again that I find off.

Anyone else seeing biting jabs hit for much less than puncturing sweep? I have more weapon damage now than I had spell damage but the non crit attacks seem to hit for a lot less. I am using sword and board ransack along with power of the light and am reducing armor with those yet still hitting lighter than the magicka version when I was in heavy armor.

We dropped to page 4.

Yeah. Kind of...

I experimented with a 22 Health, 40 Stam build for a day and was underwhelmed my build. Momentum was out healing Cleansing Ritual by a large margin. But Biting Jabs didn't seem to outpace Puncturing Sweep in terms of practical damage. The tool tip said it would do more damage, but that wasn't my experience. And we all know that the tool tips never lie. So, like I said it was a short-lived experiment and I went back to a hybrid Stat distribution 20/22/20 and redone my morphs.

Yes hybrids suck. But, Templars are by far the best hybrids out there. The best at sucking... I kind of liked it better when we were the best at healing.
    Atreust wrote: »
    From today's patch notes:

Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Focused Charge: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate other abilities for a short time after using Focused Charge or its morphs. We also fixed an issue where the effects from this ability would get stuck on you.

In Cyrodiil, it seems to me that if I activate a weapon skill or a non-Templar skill after Toppling Charge there's less of a chance of a delay, but if I try to followup with a Templar ability there's always a short wait. In addition to the previously mentioned Shield Charge, Critical Charge still works as intended. Without an effective gap closer, DW is out of the question for us Templars - can't chase Sorcs if you can't charge immediately after charging.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Aedric Spear

^ yep

If that is the case then it may also still not be fixed. Within 10 minutes of testing the patch I saw another Templar running around with a giant glowing spear in their hand.

However this could be caused by Puncturing also.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

Yes, please remove this jump. It doesn't help over terrain at all, anyways.

Ooh, just had a thought that they could go the whole nine yards and make it an actual leap to target with a z-axis and everything. I could live with the slight delay then.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, no problem with it not reflecting already cast spells but the CC immunity crap sucks. Templar driving the CC immunity ice cream truck, throwing it out for free.

Unfortunately it makes it the worst reflect in the game, and essentially unusable. Now you can not bait out a casted spell to time the reflect perfectly like you can with RS or DP. AND it gives CC immunity. Double whammy.

I know some Sorcerers who will be very happy though.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately it makes it the worst reflect in the game, and essentially unusable. Now you can not bait out a casted spell to time the reflect perfectly like you can with RS or DP. AND it gives CC immunity. Double whammy.

I know some Sorcerers who will be very happy though.

Yeah, its why I am working on a stam build and intended to use defensive posture from 1h/shield. Only problem is, I was hoping to use biting jabs as my damage dealer in order to allow me to use the 1h/shield rather than 2 hand but I have some serious doubts on whether biting jabs is actually very effective. It looks like each hit is not far off from what a light attack does for damage, albeit just slightily faster than animation cancelling light hits.

Admitedly; I still am grinding up the gold to iron it out completely to do a full skill reset including champion points, and I need the crest of cyrodiil yet but that will not affect the damage compared to light attacks and when I do my respec on all my skills and champion points, I am going to look to see what the tool tip damage difference is between the magicka and stam morph again while naked and no other points allocated .

I have 10 points in stam and 10 points in magicka as far as attribute allocation, but the difference I was seeing in damage was putting those frequent crits with the stamina morph buffing itself still less than the magicka morph was doing non-crit. It shouldn't be THAT FAR off. The only thing I can gather is penetration but I am using equivalent weapons with the same trait and was not running light armor. I used pierce armor then and pierce armor now so its all the same and on the same NPCs except I am now also using power of the light to where I SHOULD be penetrating even more.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started a templar last week, already to level 33. I am really, really enjoying playing him, love healing dungeons and questing in general.

However, I ran into the focused charge bug three times last night, in a dungeon. Very annoying. I just switched back to shield charge. I mean really, fix this stuff.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after having the templar charge get stuck in animation repeatedly and hearing the other charges do it, I finally managed to get the 1h/shield charge to get stuck. I was able to roll out of it though. Can't do that with my templar charge stuck in animation feature.

I just give up either way. Skills are broken even after "fixes" and I am bored with no signs of decent changes until they get the console going in a couple of months. In the mean time, I am too bored to play and by that point, I won't be interested in being behind on the champion point race even more than I probably already am.

MMOs have always been treadmills but its just getting more and more boring. Especially if your best role in this game is a healer where you don't even target what you're going to heal. Just watch bars and cast when damage is being done, or even spam in anticipation.

To all other Templars, keep up the good fight. Best of luck to you.
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the other broken stuff!

All well and good the attempt to fix 2 skills - let's not forget the others!!!!!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • publicradioheadub17_ESO
    So, last patches fixes didn't fix anything and there are no fixes planned for tomorrow?

No update Gina?
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to give Dark Flare a 20% chance to instant cast! @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by BugCollector on April 26, 2015 5:37PM
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment