The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eclipse + DK Talons = Speed Hack bug... (Video inside)

Legedric
Legedric
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously guys, this bug is there since 2.0.6 or so and nothing happened since then.

I get this bug everytime when I use Shield Charge (or Invasion) Dragon Knight Talons while I am bubbled (Eclipse). This is reproducable 10 out of 10 times for me and it is pretty annoying... Not only that your character is kinda out of control during that time, but people whispering you that they will report you for using speed hacks is the most annoying part about this...

FIX.IT.NOW!

https://youtu.be/UxEKUA3K1XM
Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you cast Talons while bubbled with eclipse, works the same way.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How dare you not to enjoy best game escape.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as bugs like this suck, it does look kind of fun... :tongue:

Normally ZOS fix issues when they're posted on the forums because they're finally in the light. It does seem to be a regular pattern that bug reports with easily reproducible bugs which impact the game in a negative way are ignored until someone complains on the forums about it and it gets enough attention.
    Then Jessica or Gina will make a post saying they will pass it along to their Q&A/Bug team and it's normally fixed one to two weeks later.

It really doesn't do much to reassure people that bug reports are actually read by the teams involved.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly... this bug got reported by several people I know but nothing happened... that was the reason for me to capture it on a video and post it on the forums... Sad enough this seems to be the only way to get dev's attention to a bug...

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is legit DK escape don't you know?? :o

It's not the shield charge btw, reflected talons causing this.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Its not a hack, its a bug.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Its not a hack, its a bug.

Orly?

And yes, you are right, it seems to be the Talons causing it... didn't notice it because I thought it was charge as it kinda maintains the charge speed...

• Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    I had my entire skill bar go unresponsive when i CC Eclipse casted on me, not sure if it was Eclipse fault, but i know it happened when i CC break it. To get back into working skills i had to use double escape trick.
    Edited by Saft on May 16, 2015 11:58AM
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »
    I had my entire skill bar go unresponsive when i CC Eclipse casted on me, not sure if it was Eclipse fault, but i know it happened when i CC break it. To get back into working skills i had to use double escape trick.

This has happened many, many times here as well.

Eclipse seems to be the reason for a lot of bugs.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attempting to cast eclipse on a CC-immune enemy will also make your character unresponsive for a short time, kindof like you tried to mount in an area where you can't mount - you stop and can't do anything for half a second or more.

I have an idea - give templars a skill that serves as more than just a pvp idiot check.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump to hopefully get some dev attention to this topic...

• WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just submit an in-game ticket. Seems to be the best way to have your issue delivered quickly (possibly directly) to the relevant team. That's why all the filters are there.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just submit an in-game ticket. Seems to be the best way to have your issue delivered quickly (possibly directly) to the relevant team. That's why all the filters are there.

Do you even read?

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing more hilarious (aggravating) than being at the top of the stairs, being the talon monkey... and proceeding to go DOWN THE STAIRS UP THE STAIRS ACROSS THE FLAG, OUT THE KEEP, BACK UP THE STAIRS, FLY OVER THE RING... and then rubberband back to where I started within the span of four seconds.

I dont even.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Zet-7
    Zet-7
    Not a bug/hack. It's a feature!

/laugh.
    This is an empty space.
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    There is nothing more hilarious (aggravating) than being at the top of the stairs, being the talon monkey... and proceeding to go DOWN THE STAIRS UP THE STAIRS ACROSS THE FLAG, OUT THE KEEP, BACK UP THE STAIRS, FLY OVER THE RING... and then rubberband back to where I started within the span of four seconds.

I dont even.

I disagree, It is way more hilarious/aggravating when you do this and are on top of Sejanus. I flew half way to Alessia.

Also I noticed in a death recap yesterday that the damage from talons is being reflected as well. Talons should not be a reflect-able skill. It would be nice if Ball of lightning stopped absorbing my talons too. Thanks.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This only works with fire talons, it will not work with choking talons.

It's like a DK bolt escape cause you can run through the air if you start it on a tower. Templars have the most buggiest skills I have ever seen in a game.
    Edited by Armitas on May 18, 2015 3:23PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This occurs from casting talons while being healed with springs as well.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have also heard from a reliable source @vortexman11 that Eclipse will reflect Soul Tether as well. Something else that shouldn't be reflected.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been here ever since 1.6 PTS and I've made multiple posts about it that were ignored...
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me today as well.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • ZOS_Gideon
    ZOS_Gideon
    ✭✭
    Hey, guys.

We got those /bug reports, found a fix, and are testing it as we speak. Er, type. It'll show up in a future incremental patch. Thanks for the reports and your help in getting this fixed.
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Gideon wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

We got those /bug reports, found a fix, and are testing it as we speak. Er, type. It'll show up in a future incremental patch. Thanks for the reports and your help in getting this fixed.

Thanks! Hopefully next week or the week after...

• Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this in the 1.6 PTS a while back. I remember a couple of people were testing out skills and found this one out, myself and others at the time reported it as a bug. Didn't know it persisted..
  • dslendersb16_ESO
    dslendersb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As it can be fun to escape with this lighnting speed, i hate this bug :D
    I had this bug severall times when capturing a keep, and i find myself being thrown out of the keep half way to the recourses... resulting in insane high fall damage.

Hopefully they are fixing it soon :-)
  • Maschin
    Maschin
    ✭✭✭
    24.06.2015 bug still exists and nothing happened....
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Gideon wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Maschin wrote: »
    24.06.2015 bug still exists and nothing happened....

Yuup I can confirm I still get this bug every time I fight the Netch in Darkshade Caverns. Healers normally spamming healing springs and I'm using talons to CC the small netches. Guaranteed at least once throughout the fight if im using talons and get healed with springs.

@ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Racheal @ZOS_Ann?
    Edited by Cuyler on June 24, 2015 8:28PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    How dare you not to enjoy best game escape.

I'd enjoy more if it didn't get me killed half the time!. Fall Damage OP.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhht... don't talk about this... it is a bug mostly occuring in PvP... ZOS doesn't even know PvP exists...

• RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »
    I saw this in the 1.6 PTS a while back. I remember a couple of people were testing out skills and found this one out, myself and others at the time reported it as a bug. Didn't know it persisted..

Why does the PTS even exist if they don't even look at any of the feedback?
    Who's job is it to ge through the reports? I understand that there are probably thousands of reports to go through. so perhaps they should hire more people? At this rate the base game won't be fine tuned until Abbah's Landing, at which point they will be working on Imperial City bugs.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild