The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• dudecollarb14_ESO
    I think it would be cool if we could actually steal something that does something, i mean, not like i can steal good armor or a sick weapon, i mean like be able to equip the toy sword or if i get an emote with the item, like trophies.
    For instance, if i could hold the stuffed guar, or any of the dolls, or if i could play a game with cards, or use a stick with a scab on it and play around with it, instead of having to sell it, so i have some reason to use that laundering tab other than roleplaying outfits

that brings me to my other suggestion, instead of emptying all of the wardrobes and drawers except for a few, just decrease the spawn chance of whatever you want decreased slightly and put the clothes into the pool so they have a chance to get clothes instead
    Edited by dudecollarb14_ESO on January 30, 2015 12:10AM
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is shield stacking still a thing?

Shields are stronger than ever. With light armor mitigating next to 0 damage, all we can do is stack shields (since you can't crit shields). With a 12k hardened ward and a 10k harness magicka I can go on forever fighting magicka builds.
    I die pretty quickly to stamina nbs tho, man those guys hit hard.
    Edited by Leovolao on January 30, 2015 2:02AM
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mithe wrote: »
    Radiant Destruction is hitting for upwards of 14k in Cyrodiil. That means 5 seconds is long enough to kill anyone but a tank, just by pressing the same button twice.

SERIOUS nerf needed.

Biting Jabs also should have the 60% increase reverted, as its also (but not equally) OP

Just keep it as it is, it is about bloody time Templars got some TLC.
  • Suntzu1414
    EsORising wrote: »
    Can we get haste back... the assasins-will skill is very dissapointing. 5-6k dmg but it's not worth using all basic attacks 8x for that long to proc a skill that might not even be available during the fight is useless. Plus 5-6k dmg isnt that much, with the new numbers now. Most people would rather have 30% atk speed any day vs this. Now there is zero speed atk boost for nightblades, isn't a rouge suppose to be fast instead of pulling magical bows out of their who knows where. This change is defintely for the worse and is a dissapointment that seems unecessary.

I have to agree with you. This "new" / revised skill is very disappointing.

Hey. heres a thought...How about a SELF HEAL instead...

This is something we could actually use.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ are you sure that all the changes are listed? For example Corrosive Armor (DK skill) got changed singnificantly and it's not in the patchnotes?
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    Reading several testifies from different players on the pts it seems that the racial passives have some changes on the PTS.
    But I see the list of new passives nowhere, so can you please show us what had changed?
    Edited by suycyco on January 30, 2015 2:13PM
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Guilds

Fighters
    Dawnbreaker
    Reduced the cost of Dawnbreaker at all ranks and morphs to 100 Ultimate.
    Dawnbreaker now also deals additional damage over time.
    Fixed an issue so the damage over time aspect of Dawnbreaker and its morphs will now properly crit.

u forget to tell us u changed most important part of this skill in 1,6 ? = NERF
    tl82zak5keiy.png

90bkdzmu42bs.png

+8% weapon dmg? joke?

before it increases total dmg using weapon abilities by 13% now it increas it by 1%

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yea, I forgot about that. I think it was done to account for both the cp system and the new numerical values. Truth be told I much prefer the older method of raising weapon ability damage
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Allegedly not, but don't fret, block casting is still around.

I think you got it wrong.

Shield stacking is actually working better IMO.

Blocking has a much higher cost now, so block casting doesn't work nearly as well.

I testing this by going into Crypts Group Dungeon in Cyrodil. I grind this easily on live (can even do the ancient chest solo), but on 1.6 with the same build it wasn't going to well. My stamina was dropping insanely fast.

However, shields seem to give a lot bigger boost.
    So instead of fixing it so that you can't block and cast abilities at the same time, they just made it cost more? This reminds me of the time they took deer out of Cyrodiil to fix the lag. Can ZOS do anything other than band-aid approaches to "fixing" their game?
    :trollin:
  • Ludoviko
    Ludoviko
    ✭✭
    Guilds

Fighters
    Dawnbreaker
    Fixed an issue so the damage over time aspect of Dawnbreaker and its morphs will now properly crit.

+8% weapon dmg? joke?

before it increases total dmg using weapon abilities by 13% now it increas it by 1%

The ultimate is now cheaper and added a damage over time. Stop looking at one part of a skill and screaming nerf.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ludoviko wrote: »
    Guilds

Fighters
    Dawnbreaker

+8% weapon dmg? joke?

The ultimate is now cheaper and added a damage over time. Stop looking at one part of a skill and screaming nerf.

True enough. But it is a nerf...to the passive effect, which directly nerfs every weapon ability used aside from this ultimate. Is it an overall nerf? Who knows?

In any case, some rugged math...

On live, the comparative damage gained for abilities from Stamina:WD (Weapon Damage) seems to be 10:1. The gain rates if you're stacking both Stamina and WD ends up also being approximately 10:1. This means that the overall contribution from Stamina:WD for heavily weapon-focused DPS builds to the damage of weapons and weapon abilities tends to be 1:1, meaning that half your damage comes from your Stamina, and the other half from WD.

The passive previously granted 13% overall damage to weapon attacks, both basic and ability. The new passive grants an 8% bonus to only WD. Since WD is only half of your damage, this results in an approximately 4% buff to weapon hits.

That means the passive went from 13% damage to 4% damage. For those who stack Stamina, that is. Those who tend to use this but stack Magicka should notice less of a change. Of course, this all assumes that the Stamina:WD ratios stayed the same and that none of the weapon ability damage was changed aside from the number bloat.

However - and this is an important note - there are now non-weapon-based Stamina/WD-buffed skills for each class! The old passive would not have buffed these at all, where as the new one will.
    Edited by Vandril on January 30, 2015 6:44PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like and prefer the new Dawnbreaker. I use it whenever it's up as it's a decent free hit that recharges very quickly and leaves a hardy dot on an enemy.

I can take the hit to the passive if the new version aids this much overall.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker was one of the first things I checked when 1.6 was released on PTS and was disappointed to find it is just another nerf for Magicka builds.

On Live the description is phrased a little differently than others in that it doesn't actually specify Weapon or Spell damage. "Weapon attacks deal additional damage when slotted" I thought the description was intentional to include damage from staves in 1.6.

Sadly that is not the case and the description has since been changed to" While slotted, your weapon damage is increased"
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There are a few buffs listed which no ability/passive provides. What's going on with that?
    Which ones?

Minor Breach, Minor Evasion, Major Maim, Minor Savagery, Minor Mending, Major Mangle, and Major Heroism.

EDIT: In case it's not obvious what I'm referring to, these buffs are listed as existing but don't seem to be accessible through any skill line.
    Edited by joshisanonymous on January 30, 2015 9:33PM
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    EsORising wrote: »
    Can we get haste back... the assasins-will skill is very dissapointing. 5-6k dmg but it's not worth using all basic attacks 8x for that long to proc a skill that might not even be available during the fight is useless. Plus 5-6k dmg isnt that much, with the new numbers now. Most people would rather have 30% atk speed any day vs this. Now there is zero speed atk boost for nightblades, isn't a rouge suppose to be fast instead of pulling magical bows out of their who knows where. This change is defintely for the worse and is a dissapointment that seems unecessary.

Speak for yourself. Attack speed was practically useless, even with close range melee weapons. Even at 5-6k damage, the new skill sounds much better. You don't have to just sit there spamming light attacks, you're more likely to get to 8 attacks by weaving light attacks in before your regular skills. Once the skill is ready to use, it doesn't really matter if you even have a chance to use it during that particular fight because you can just save it as part of your opener for your next fight, potentially increasing your burst damage a good deal.

Also, is the skill instant? I'm hoping yes, because that would make it even that much more useful as either part of a finishing rotation or as part of an initial burst attack.

• joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guilds

Fighters
    Dawnbreaker

tl82zak5keiy.png

90bkdzmu42bs.png

+8% weapon dmg? joke?

Are you sure the current version isn't just worded badly? I always assumed that it increased the weapon damage stat, not the overall damage from my "weapon attacks."

• haidlir1983
    haidlir1983
    ✭✭
    I played in my NB Assassin and i like it so far, im not crazy about some Champion passives in the Thief zone, some feel like not worthy of expend 120 points in a constellation to get them. I also don't like the our new potion passive,
    the increased effectiveness was (in my opinion) way better.
    Bosmer NB - Ecclair
    Dark Elf - Templar - Haildir
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can ZOS do anything other than band-aid approaches to "fixing" their game?

My honest best guess at an answer is "no". But I am only guessing. They may still come around and surprise us.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It will become the essence of PvP when 1.6 goes live.

In other words, PvP is doomed unless ZOS can fix it before it goes live
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can't find anything on it in the patch notes or weapon buffs, do they still stack?

Block casting dies with 1.6. Stamina drains super fast when blocking in PTS. Iv witnessed players with SHIELDS lose block quickly.(so unless it is changed in the following month, this is what 1.6 block casting will be like)

Damage shield spam/stack will become the new norm in PvP. (If 1.6 goes live the way it is)

If this happens PvP dies:(

hopefully that does not happen.
    Edited by Cody on January 31, 2015 5:22AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

I can't find anything on it in the patch notes or weapon buffs, do they still stack?

Block casting dies with 1.6. Stamina drains super fast when blocking in PTS. Iv witnessed players with SHIELDS lose block quickly.(so unless it is changed in the following month, this is what 1.6 block casting will be like)

Damage shield spam/stack will become the new norm in PvP. (If 1.6 goes live the way it is)

If this happens PvP dies:(

hopefully that does not happen.

Remember in all those posts where I told ya if Block Casting is removed people will switch to shield spam..

Yea....
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Hidden nerf: Medium armor now gives 0.5% critical per piece of armor
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »
    synnerman wrote: »
    What happened to the promised return of revamped forward camps that was stated on ESO live???

I might be remembering wrong, but I don't believe we shared a timeframe. We are still considering bringing them back, revamped. We don't have an ETA at this time, though.

Please do not bring them back. With them gone the battle field has change drastically. Combat is more even in terms of length. No more do we spend hours sieging one keep.

Now tactics have to be used, strategies need to be planned. How can we divide the enemy zerg.

Or if they insist on bringing them back, make them:
    1) Much more expensive, at least 3-4 times the previous 7,200 AP.
    2) You can only spawn at one if you died in its radius.
    3) Decrease said radius by at least 50%( disagree).
    4) If possible, make it do that you can only place X number of camps near a keep within X amount of time. Once that's reached, X amount of time cooldown. Ergo, no hours upon hours of camp spamming.

5) also put a timer or debuff on each player so each person can rezz at a camp 1 time in a 10 minute time-frame. That way, everyone has the ability to res at a battle( if enough camps get replaced) but if they are reckless and die again they have to run back from nearest keep/outpost, not just eat through everyones camps.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guilds

Fighters
    Dawnbreaker

tl82zak5keiy.png

90bkdzmu42bs.png

+8% weapon dmg? joke?

Are you sure the current version isn't just worded badly? I always assumed that it increased the weapon damage stat, not the overall damage from my "weapon attacks."

It's not just worded badly. Weapon Damage does not increase when using Flawless Dawnbreaker on live, but damage does. I haven't tested the actual damage increase, but since WD stays the same with or without it, I imagine it's a straight 13%.
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Two handed heavy attack animation and uppercut animation look horrible and stupid. Please keep the old animations for those attacks.

1h+shield/DW light attacks still look laggy.
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »

[*] Vampire
    • Decreased the amount of damage you take from fire to 40% from 50%.

Why?

do you even tried pve with vampire ? :D
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Radiant Destruction is hitting for upwards of 14k in Cyrodiil. That means 5 seconds is long enough to kill anyone but a tank, just by pressing the same button twice.

SERIOUS nerf needed.

Biting Jabs also should have the 60% increase reverted, as its also (but not equally) OP

Nope, it'll be made useless after next week's patch.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SERIOUS nerf needed.

Don't say that ***, especially what with other classes are capable of doing and have done previously in both PvE and PvP. I so do not want to hear this bully horseshit about Templars being overpowered.

What it is my friends and enemies, is nobody is used to Templars being a genuine Kill-Threat in PvP and not being shoehorned into one of two roles in PvE, and thus they freak out without realizing that's what they looked like for 8 months now.

I repeat yet again, I do not want to hear this idiocy about Templars being too strong.

Because we still have to go about doing what we do in a very specific way, unlike Dragonknights and Nightblades.

If anybody gets to call *** on us, it's anybody who isn't a Pet based Sorcerer, since they are not literally in the same boat that we were in not too long ago.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

SERIOUS nerf needed.

Don't say that ***, especially what with other classes are capable of doing and have done previously in both PvE and PvP. I so do not want to hear this bully horseshit about Templars being overpowered.

What it is my friends and enemies, is nobody is used to Templars being a genuine Kill-Threat in PvP and not being shoehorned into one of two roles in PvE, and thus they freak out without realizing that's what they looked like for 8 months now.

I repeat yet again, I do not want to hear this idiocy about Templars being too strong.

Because we still have to go about doing what we do in a very specific way, unlike Dragonknights and Nightblades.

If anybody gets to call *** on us, it's anybody who isn't a Pet based Sorcerer, since they are not literally in the same boat that we were in not too long ago.

I too would like the skill to stay useful but we shall see what happens.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SERIOUS nerf needed.

In what world do you believe Templars are somehow weak on Live servers right now in PvP?

Templars are incredibly dangerous on Live right now. in fact they're probably the best if not second best duel class in the game.