The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Just wondering, is this the whole Heavy Armor buff you promised us? If so, it's awful. Constitution passive has become more awful, I mean we are all at end level guys wtf. What's the point of stacking health while being a tank with this new version of Constitution ffs?

....are you joking? The point of stacking health is for survivability.....which you know is kind of the point of tanking.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the PTS bug report or feedback option work? I want to suggest some things for the Crown Store and report any other error the patch notes may not have pointed in Know Issues part, if any.
    Yes, both /bug and /feedback will be functional (and encouraged!) on the PTS.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    it is downloading!!!! yeah!
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I guess by the lack of an answer on my forward camps question that its a case once again of BS on ESO live???
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end is nigh... given Z's track record with patches there is no way in hell they can pull all this off without making normal gameplay impossible hell until at least 1.6.5 or even for longer.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    Prizax wrote: »
    uh my PTS just started to update but it's only 8.6gb...
    Yep, same for me.

It downloads and installs files sequentially. So it's download file 1, patch file 1, download file 2, patch file 2 etc...
    While moving your ground target around for ground-based abilities, the target will now stop at the maximum range for that ability.

A hidden gem for anyone who uses GTAoE's.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Kaynlor wrote: »
    Will our trophies like fish and smoke bombs still be held in bank, or will they go over to the Collectible area?

In Update 6, trophies will not go in the Collectibles area. This is something we'd like to do in the future (if we do, it would be after Update 6.)

Thanks for the clarification on this, however I implore the devs. to try to make adding trophies/disguises to the collections ui asap. I think for most of us those two categories take up far more space than the others.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    The end is nigh... given Z's track record with patches there is no way in hell they can pull all this off without making normal gameplay impossible hell until at least 1.6.5 or even for longer.

Yep, expect broken hell and exploit heaven.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Critical Damage buffs

Minor Force: Increases critical damage amounts by 15%
    Major Force: Increases critical damage amounts by 40%
    Critical Resistance: This attribute no longer reduces the chance to be hit by a Critical hit.

Critical Resistance now reduces the bonus damage caused by a Critical hit, and with enough, can reduce the bonus damage to 0.

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you clarify the balance between these two new changes?

Does Critical Resistance cancel out all Critical bonus damage including the new buffs; or, do the new buffs supercede Critical Resistance (ie: a character with maximum Critical Resistance still takes bonus damage when receiving a crit from a player with the Major Force and Minor Force buffs active?)

and just for clarification on a related note:
    Shadow Cloak
    Shadowy Disguise (morph): This ability now makes the next attack a guaranteed crit. Reduced the cost of this morph by 10%.

Does this new change mean that Shadowy Disguise will only cause damaging attacks to be a guaranteed crit, or will this morph still turn healing skills into guaranteed critical hits as it currently does on live?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uff done .... i was expecting eso 2.0 but this is a whole different game.........
    Me Like It
    Signature

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    synnerman wrote: »
    What happened to the promised return of revamped forward camps that was stated on ESO live???

I might be remembering wrong, but I don't believe we shared a timeframe. We are still considering bringing them back, revamped. We don't have an ETA at this time, though.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    TYPO FYI @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Reduce Armor debuffs
    Minor Fracture: Small decrease to target’s physical resistance.
    Major Fracture: Larger increase to the target’s physical resistance.
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    I would suggest going through all if the major/minor buffs mentions in the patch notes and replace that with the actual description of what it does rather than just telling what the major/minor buff/debuff name. Having to refer back to the list of major/minor buffs every two seconds is annoying.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @Sord. :) It was bound to happen.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the promised return of revamped forward camps that was stated on ESO live???

I was looking forward to reading about how forward camps were going to work now, but then noticed it was not in the patch notes. Are forward camps still coming back in 1.6 @ZOS_GinaBruno and if so what has been changed about their mechanics? Thanks in advance!

I see you already responded to @synnerman, disregard :)

Edited by LtCrunch on January 27, 2015 8:14PM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few questions:
    1. Was the morph of Meteor - Shooting Star changed to something else besides gaining ultimate for each hit. This could being able to just spam an ultimate with caps being raised. Unless the ultimate gain is only for the first 6 like the 100% damage.
    2. "Combat Prayer (morph): This ability now grants the Minor Berserk buff for 8 seconds." - Didn't see Minor or Major Berserk in Buff/De-buff list.
    3. "This ability now has no cost and can be applied to multiple targets, and now afflicts the target (or targets) with the debuff Major Spell Resistance Reduction for 18 seconds." - So it de-buff of Major Breach?
    4. "All ranks and morphs of Low Slash now apply the buff Minor Maim for 12 seconds." - What did the morph Deep Slash change to? Before it was used to also reduce spell damage and last a bit longer but that is in base ability now.
    5. "Pierce Armor (morph): This ability now applies the buff Major Spell Shatter for 12 seconds." - Didn't see Minor or Major Spell Shatter in Buff/De-buff list.
    6. "While Sun Fire is active on a target, the caster will gain the Major Spell Crit buff." - Is this the buff Major Prophecy?
    7. "Shadow Barrier: This passive now provides the buffs Major Resolve and Major Spell Resist for 4 seconds after using a Shadow ability, with the duration increased when wearing heavy armor." - So Major Ward buff?
    8. "Sap Essence (morph): This ability now grants you the Major Spell Power buff." - Does this refer to Major Sorcery buff?
    9. "Reaper’s Mark (morph): This ability now grants the Major Berserk buff for 8 seconds after the target is killed." - Didn't see Minor or Major Berserk in Buff/De-buff list.
    10. "Ambush: This ability now uses stamina instead of magicka, and applies the Minor Berserk buff on the next attack." - Didn't see Minor or Major Berserk in Buff/De-buff list.
    11. "The Charged Synergy is now instant and provides both you and the Atronach the buff Major Berserk for 8 seconds. This Synergy is available to other player characters within 2.5 yards of the Atronach until one player character triggers it."- Didn't see Minor or Major Berserk in Buff/De-buff list.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    tengri wrote: »

Yep, expect broken hell and exploit heaven.

deebly%20goncerned.png
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭

I might be remembering wrong, but I don't believe we shared a timeframe. We are still considering bringing them back, revamped. We don't have an ETA at this time, though.

Please do not bring them back. With them gone the battle field has change drastically. Combat is more even in terms of length. No more do we spend hours sieging one keep.

Now tactics have to be used, strategies need to be planned. How can we divide the enemy zerg.
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    They fixed LFG tools?
    PC EU
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always enjoyed my NB.
    Now NB is going to be even better. (read: Over powered FoTM)

Sorc no changes worth mentioning to actually bring it up to par with other classes. Same old story with sorcs if you want to be close you HAVE to be magicka based.

Anyone saying magicka builds got screwed didn't pay attention to Destro staff changes.

Dk...Anyone saying they got nerfed, again is not paying attention. Now not only does GDB still have the same effect they've had damage increased on several abilities and have several skills that give a 100% damage shield. 100% of your health as a shield AND GDB AND increased damage. Inferno has no cost and is now a toggle...cry moar over nothing.

Temp is maybe a wait and see thing. Still #1 healer and still #3 everything else. Might be wrong on this one, the channeled attack might be pretty strong with Soul Shine or Martial Knowledge. Add to that an ability that is an effective CC but if you CC break then it explodes...damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. This one makes no damned sense scenario really.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    KiriX wrote: »
    They fixed LFG tools?
    Fixing the LFG Tool doesn't make people use it. It's major issue is the lack of people not using it.

I think ZOS needs to add a reason for players to use the LFG tool. Add a reward for completing a dungeon that used the LFG tool.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »

Please do not bring them back. With them gone the battle field has change drastically. Combat is more even in terms of length. No more do we spend hours sieging one keep.

Now tactics have to be used, strategies need to be planned. How can we divide the enemy zerg.

Or if they insist on bringing them back, make them:
    1) Much more expensive, at least 3-4 times the previous 7,200 AP.
    2) You can only spawn at one if you died in its radius.
    3) Decrease said radius by at least 50%.
    4) If possible, make it do that you can only place X number of camps near a keep within X amount of time. Once that's reached, X amount of time cooldown. Ergo, no hours upon hours of camp spamming.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 27, 2015 8:16PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vordae wrote: »
    Here let me help you. Use Entropy. You now get a DoT ability that heals you and gives you the Major Sorcery buff. Crit surge gives you the Major Brutality buff and gives you a heal every time you crit. Who would have thought that a spell that will heal you will also give you the missing buff you are complaining about and help fix your survivability issues. I wonder if having the morph to Entropy also gives you 8% max health still. Then that would really help your surviability.

Oh no, we've noted that already. I'm pretty sure I'm a far better player than you, I know, pompous. More than likely the truth.

The CONCEPT is that while BOTH morphs to Surge provide a bonus to stamina based DPS only one provides one for magicka based DPS. Now I could be wrong here... but do they not create these spells? Is it that unreasonable that instead of being a suck up you could see the flaw of providing both magicka and stamina buffs to one morph that, instead, one morph could, oh I don't know, provide a magicka buff AND the crit heal and the other is the stamina buff AND the crit heal? Or is it just outside of your capability to be reasonable at all? I guess you don't have any concept of min/max either as WHY WOULD I NEED A STAMINA BUFF AS A MAGICKA DPS??? Lost yet? Probably.

Now, if we're going to talk about forcing players to use more than one ability to perform a single action then explain to me why no other class has to do this? Can't? Oh, right. Probably don't understand game mechanics enough... otherwise you wouldn't be finding idiotic arguments to support your lazy theorycrafting.

Here, since you've probably not considered how the DPS bar would look, allow me to lay out a rough design:

1) Mage Light, Pet 1, Pet 2, Crit Surge, Daedric Curse

2) Mage Light, Pet 1, Pet 2, Lightning Flood, Impulse

-or-

2) Mage Light, Pet 1, Pet 2, Weakness, Force Shock

Since we're talking about magicka DPS then we're also talking about LA. Decreasing DPS to put on a DoT that doesn't heal for jack against more than one enemy is laughable at best.

You could change out other lines, sure, but from a DPS stand point, or even a solo stand point, Entropy (chosing the max health morph is adorable, really it is) STILL is a loss of DPS while no other class has to lose DPS and have their survivability.

The FACT that you think adding entropy in any morph will increase survivability soloing or allow you to be play a DPS in groups tells me you don't know jack about end game at all. Which is the primary reason why I'm confident that I'm far better at the game than you are. Funny thing is when you NBs cried about your class and how bad it sucked every Sorc in the game agreed. We didn't try to create some dumb assessment of a class we could see was underwhelming, much like you are now. If you don't play the Sorc then zip it, you have no clue. Honestly.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we get a full respec after 1.6 goes live?
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the Ultimate gain of 25 ultimate per kill been fixed for take flight when combined with Combat frenzy?
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!! awesome
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I see you commenting to a lot of other items. Any statement on the Unstable Familiar text? Is it backwards or are they really going to be non tank types soloing and getting 1-shot because they taunted off of the tanks while grouping? Or are you looking into it? Anything at this point will be better than pretending nothing has been asked.

"Unstable Familiar

The unstable familiar (as well as the pets from the morphs of this ability) will no longer taunt monsters if the summoning player character is the only one on the hate list for that monster."
  • Suntzu1414
    For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer

--waiting to see this.

Kill Well
    ST
    Edited by Suntzu1414 on January 27, 2015 8:23PM
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Zos promised magica return passive for Templar, but nothing about it in patchnotes.

Ya got this: "Restoring Aura now grants you the buffs Minor Fortitude, Minor Intellect, and Minor Endurance when the ability is slotted into the ability bar. When the ability is activated, it provides Major Fortitude and Major Endurance."