Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.

It was highly predictable Surprise Attack as Stamina morph because of the armor debuff.
    @ShadowHvo, I was going to post yesterday this when I read your post. :)
    Surely Concealed Weapon was and is usefull but because of the armor debuff it was Surprise Attack clearly the candidate nr.1 for a Stamina morph amongst every morph.
    Impale probably is using magicka also to have a magicka finisher.
    So NB has 4 stamina morphs: Killer's Blade, Ambush, Surprise Attack, Power Extraction.
    Is this correct?

- Haste >> Grim Focus:
    I will test this but what written about Assassin’s Will (this ability allows you to fire a spectral projectile at your target, dealing magic damage) could lead to a damage based on spell power/crit and magicka. I hope it's based on the highest stat (edit: confirmed, it's based on the highest stat).

- Veil of Blades: I hope it will be still good.

- Summon Shade: is the damage dealt based just on Max Magicka or also on spell power?

Playing my NB with many different builds and gear setups, these are my goals for this class on PTS:

- check how is the Stamina depletion for a Stamina build with now also class skills consuming Stamina (I'm worried about the results especially for AvA, DSA and trials); with the new Sap Essence there is even less healing than before
    - check how is now LA for a Magicka NB (imho probably more squishy but hitting harder because of spell crit on class skills and because of staves using spell power)
    - try out if hybrid magicka/stamina NB is still playable (I still think it's the most fun and enjoyable NB even if problematic - not competitive in end game, but for AvA, especially now with softcaps removed)
    - "Shadow Barrier: This passive now provides the buffs Major Resolve and Major Spell Resist for 4 seconds after using a Shadow ability, with the duration increased when wearing heavy armor"... I'll give a try to some more HA pieces

- the Cloak of DW seems quite interesting
    Edited by Helluin on January 28, 2015 4:46AM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.

And now I have to rework my Nightblade that worked for me since release.
    (All of it's abilities are now stamina based, with the exception of Sap Essence and Dark Cloak.)
    This pretty much ruined my day. =/

Thankfully youll be getting a Respec come launch.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • orxan.qayibovb16_ESO
    sorcer still suck
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vordae wrote: »
    theo1000 wrote: »
    @Kilandros‌
    Yeah thats what sorcerers needed! Add 1sec internal cd to our only exceptional skill... really ZoS? Every other class has some way to sustain(heal) and we get a 1sec cd? NBs can spam siphoning abilities DKs can spam everything so no need to say something and Templas? they are templars so again im not saying anything more...
    PLZ remove the !@#$ mechanism you implemented for the love of your sorc community -.-

You do realize with the changes to how impenetrable works you can crit a hell of a lot more often in pvp now. It no longer reduces other players chance to crit. It reduces the damage the crits will do. This will let you proc Crit Surge far more often then you do right now. Without a cooldown on this ability Sorc would heal so fast they would become unkillable.

I'll tell you what: I'll trade you my Crit Surge for your Dragon's Blood. Deal? Should be easy since Critical Surge is so good and makes Sorcs "unkillable."
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭

I think they're going to give the morphs the option to switch to stamina base.
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the description of green dragon blood looks like it lost the 30% heal. is that the case?
    also, with updates slowing down now, will stuff like race bonus changes take a long while till implemented, or will you still push out smaller updates?
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Not happy about a lot of the sorc changes. If no one else does, I guess I'll post a thread this weekend dissecting (read: criticising) the changes and hope that if we QQ as much as NBs this will change...

Why bother? This was their chance to get it right. They already said they aren't doing any more class balance in the foreseeable future.

This is it. There's no point fighting it. Just accept it and move onto DK like I am (and like I should have done a long, long time ago. Damnit, those cyrodiil ranks are going to be a pain to get back)
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK; what about the morphs for this?
    Restoring Aura
    Restoring Aura now grants you the buffs Minor Fortitude, Minor Intellect, and Minor Endurance when the ability is slotted into the ability bar. When the ability is activated, it provides Major Fortitude and Major Endurance.

Now; one of the morphs has simply an increased radius and the other acts entirely different when activated. Should we assume that their added affects are the same and they carry the new slotted passives?
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Fixed an issue where the Werewolf Ultimate bar would appear to fill while you were transformed.

You lazy *%^$#^&. You can't make it work for us, so you just take it away.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried a bit by the quest changes that force you to participate on the Justice System.

And some of them doesn't seem to make sense to me... as in, if all that is around are enemies, who the hell will report you for breaking into a closed home?

I really hope those quests provide alternatives for people that DON'T want to participate in the upcoming JS.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    So new way to do things, and now you can steal, improved the broken stuff so it works.
    No new quests to pve? So the end game is still the same runnig around trials.. no way i can do quest on craglorn myself?
    Forced group.. Since launch i have waited for more pve end game content.
    But well i just unsub, and drop elderscrollonline to trashbin. Rip forever.
    No rage quit guys, im not upset in anyway. Just nothing to do, tired of waiting stuff to do.

ZOS good luck with this game.
    You have a nice pvp game, themed with elder scroll, thats it.

I'm just a little confused on what you're looking for from an MMO. Traditionally, end game content in MMOs, such as ESO, consist of PvE group content and all around PvP.

Solo PvE has never really been the norm for end game content, it would be too easy unless approached correctly.

However, the point of end game content is to provide outlets to improve your character at the end of the game, quests don't really provide that improvement outside of the xp earned going to champion points now.

If this game was set up so that some solo quests were super hard and gave viable end game rewards, your request for extra content for your solo preference would be totally reasonable, and I think that'd be an interesting way to go about things.

However, that's not quite the case, and end game is restricted, and will probably continue to be, group PvE content and all around PvP (although being in a group for PvP nets more forward progress as well)

Good luck in your game search, I hope you find what you're looking for as I don't think it will be easy to find.

Actually i thought this is game, what wont force you to group. I thought if i play this game all this time since beta, they will make more pve quest me to joy! i knew craglorn is hard, and challenge, but i thought i can do quest there without forced group. but it is forced contend, indeed. The thing there is "loitering and shout lfg!" all the time. I dont find that fun.
    why i remember zenimax said:
    "this game wont force you to group, you can solo!"

1.6 is amazing nothing wrong with that i think.

But it does not change the fact about pve endgame content what it is.

im clad you like these kind of games, it just proves im the fool for believing all the lies, that zos and zen told me about groups and pve content before.

well at least there is swtor, it wont force you to group and plenty pve quest to joy!

/\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I think it is likely the end of Light Armor. Period. Stamina builds can do great DPS now and have 3x the mitigation of Light Armor. Why would anyone wear Light Armor? It would be one thing if magicka did crazy high damage but you were really squishy. However, magicka and stamina DPS is pretty close to balanced, and the new stamina morphs of some class skills should make balance even better.

You're kidding right? Melee DPS has been left in the dirt, dead and decaying, and now that LA has less mitigation (like it even matters) you're saying it's going to be gone? Melee have to move all around in order to even come CLOSE to ranged, LA DPS (LA is not meant for being close, so you shouldn't even be taking much damage from other sources).

The ONLY way this argument could be made valid is considering the fact that tanks don't have any AoE taunts and are forced to reach out and solo taunt every single enemy, or the LA's will die quickly now. In that regard I see it, but honestly melee DPS has been dealing with this since launch. You'll find a way.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Passives
    Restoring Light
    • Mending: This passive now grants your Restoring Light heals a bonus based on the amount of missing health on the target of the heal. This can be up to a 5% bonus at Rank I, or up to a 10% bonus at Rank II.
    Aw man... Gonna have to theorycraft now.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kilandros‌
    Yeah thats what sorcerers needed! Add 1sec internal cd to our only exceptional skill... really ZoS? Every other class has some way to sustain(heal) and we get a 1sec cd? NBs can spam siphoning abilities DKs can spam everything so no need to say something and Templas? they are templars so again im not saying anything more...
    PLZ remove the !@#$ mechanism you implemented for the love of your sorc community -.-

You do realize with the changes to how impenetrable works you can crit a hell of a lot more often in pvp now. It no longer reduces other players chance to crit. It reduces the damage the crits will do. This will let you proc Crit Surge far more often then you do right now. Without a cooldown on this ability Sorc would heal so fast they would become unkillable.

@Vordae‌ you do realize that for the Crit Surge portion of it you get WEAPON POWER, not spell power, and crits heal you, right? So still stacking Impen, coupled with not getting a Spell Power bonus from this ability, Sorcs crits are already going to be lower if they fill this slot up with Crit Surge (instead of the other morph that does actually give Spell Power AND Weapon Power - /baffled) making it where you don't need much Impen to negate the damage and the heal. It's a workaround that still negates sorc's capability to heal in PvP.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I applaud the breadth and scope of these changes.

Sadly, I prefer to play magicka-based casters. My main is a sorcerer. Between the nerfs to light armor and surge, I don't see how a magicka based sorcerer will be viable in 1.6. And that seems a very silly result.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they're going to give the morphs the option to switch to stamina base.

They are, Jessica was so awesome to confirm that Killer's Blade, and Surprise Attack (The other morph from Veiled Strike) was stamina based, it was just missing from the patch notes.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Why are you reducing choices in builds? Magicka based builds now have fewer choices in order to allow Stam to have more. Stamina needs more core class skill choices but they also have far greater choices outside of class abilities. The better choice is to simply allow more class abilities scale off of what stat is highest.

You are trying to help Stamina builds but you just nerfed magicka builds hard now. You are NOT adding choice. You are just shifting around your limited choice options.

So now a magicka based melee nightblade build (one of the few effective builds that class has had since day 1) are broken just to give a few more options to Stamina builds which are now the FOTM build anyway (especially bow)?

You do yourselves no favours with these changes. You simply nerf those who had choices before. This is not a net gain.

YOU GUYS pigeon holed the players with YOUR system. It is not the player's fault they adapted to the system you offered. Players have been screaming for choice since day 1 and now your prove yet again you can't fix it.

Every damn skill in game should be able to used by ANY BUILD!!! Skills should just adapt to the build ... NOT THE PLAYER TO THE SKILLS!

Hybrid builds are still screwed. You are STILL forced into stamina or magicka builds. You are STILL forced to ignore blocks of skills simply because you have magicka or stamina as your main stat which narrows you into very basic builds that are effective.

This major overhaul is a missed opportunity.

I don't really see any nerfs to magicka builds as there is a magicka based morph for each skill. With the change to how the nightblade magicka based skills scale the changes made sense. Why would you want a magicka based skill that gains damage from max magicka, its crit from spell crit, and its damage is reduced by spell damage but reduces the targets armor?

If the skills all adapted to the highest stat each player had then that would actually limit choice. The most optimal build for every class and every build for those classes would be magicka because it allows you to save all your stamina for defensive purposes. At the most basic level your idea seems like it would be best but when you go further into min-max'ing it actually would hurt the game. Anyone playing a stamina based build with the idea you listed would be choosing to be subpar.
  • Qael
    Qael
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ How is the world did Vieled Strike not get a stamina Morph?
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Snit‌ Stam sorcs aren't going to work out much either.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Note: This does not include disguises at this time.
    :\ Disguises are the only costumes I have, I'm not going to buy anything from the crown store... Well, maybe a wedding dress for my Nord. Please include disguises as soon as possible. :) Also quest trophies. They take more inventory space than my pets.

Ya I'm a little perturbed about this. I thought it was going to be much more, but at least we have time to express that.
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on January 27, 2015 7:13PM
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Qael wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ How is the world did Vieled Strike not get a stamina Morph?

It did, just was missed in the patch notes. Read through the comments and you'll see the ZoS post about it.
  • Qael
    Qael
    ✭✭✭

Ignore my previous comment. This is very good to hear.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the promised return of revamped forward camps that was stated on ESO live???
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange that trophies aren't in the collection system ...
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Dragath wrote: »
    The description of green dragon blood looks like it lost the 30% heal. is that the case?

No, that's not the case. The healing portion of Green Dragon Blood has not been changed. The notes simply call out the things that have changed with the ability.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we at least play the game before rage-quitting?

I have my doubts on about 25% of the changes they made, but on instinct I'd say they got more right than wrong.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 27, 2015 7:22PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    You will now start with a two handed sword.
    Oh for ***'s sake... Okay, I can live with that, but I still think it's pointless.
    Ya, this really rubs me the wrong way. Why in the hell would a prisoner start off with a weapon, this is like the proposed change they had in update 5 of starting everyone off in full armor. DON"T DO IT ZOS!

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Edhelliell
    Edhelliell
    ✭✭
    Oh no... Never thought I would be complaining on the forums, but you scare me with adjusting Cinder Storm/Ash cloud!

As a Tank I like this ability. Is it possible to drop the snare part and/or lower the amount of miss chance, isntead of removing it completely?
    Edited by Edhelliell on January 27, 2015 7:25PM
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great
    Edited by Runkorko on January 27, 2015 7:29PM
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    @Kilandros‌

@Vordae‌ you do realize that for the Crit Surge portion of it you get WEAPON POWER, not spell power, and crits heal you, right? So still stacking Impen, coupled with not getting a Spell Power bonus from this ability, Sorcs crits are already going to be lower if they fill this slot up with Crit Surge (instead of the other morph that does actually give Spell Power AND Weapon Power - /baffled) making it where you don't need much Impen to negate the damage and the heal. It's a workaround that still negates sorc's capability to heal in PvP.

Here let me help you. Use Entropy. You now get a DoT ability that heals you and gives you the Major Sorcery buff. Crit surge gives you the Major Brutality buff and gives you a heal every time you crit. Who would have thought that a spell that will heal you will also give you the missing buff you are complaining about and help fix your survivability issues. I wonder if having the morph to Entropy also gives you 8% max health still. Then that would really help your surviability.

You need to look at all possible skills not just your personal class skills. My NB doesn't have any shields or defensive buffs besides the useless dodge. I don't complain about that cause you can go outside you class skills to get the buffs you need.