Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    •Once the system is live, the Imperial Edition Upgrade bundle and the Explorer’s Pack that are currently available on the web will be moved to the Crown Store for purchase.

Umm, wasn't the Explorer's Pack a pre-order bonus that was not to be available again? I don't see where it's currently available on the web.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Just wondering, is this the whole Heavy Armor buff you promised us? If so, it's awful. Constitution passive has become more awful, I mean we are all at end level guys wtf. What's the point of stacking health while being a tank with this new version of Constitution ffs?
    Heavy

Immovable

Immovable now grants the buffs Major Resolve and Major Ward. Each additional rank of this ability increases the duration of the buffs by 0.5 seconds.
    Increased the cost of this ability by 13% for all ranks and morphs.

Immovable Brute (morph): This ability no longer increases melee damage. Instead, in reduces the cost of CC break for each piece of heavy armor equipped while this ability is slotted in the activity bar.

Passives

Constitution: This passive now scales off your level rather than our maximum health when restoring magicka and stamina.
    Juggernaut: This passive now grants a 0.5% increase in max health per piece of heavy armor worn. All other bonuses on this passive have been removed.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ahdora wrote: »
    Did the aforementioned new Alliance War abilities not make it into this patch, or did I miss them in all that text?
    Whoops! Not sure how we missed those, but will make sure those get added in later today.
    Detector wrote: »
    Where is info for Minor Berserk buff"?
    Minor Berserk increases all damage done by 8%, and Major Berserk increases all damage done by 25%. We'll make sure to add this in as well, it was just an oversight.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can u pls, use proper names of new buffs/debuffs in their description? for example what is "Major Defile buff" ???????????????

Reduce Healing Taken debuffs
    Minor Defile: Reduces target’s healing taken by 15%
    Major Defile: Reduces target’s healing taken by 40%

Is it too much effort to read what you quoted? Or are you saying "Why call debuffs, buffs!? They're debuffs, not buffs. You've confused me."

Also, the "Berserk buff - increase damage by X" needs to be added, please. Give us glorious numbers.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance the Mage's Guild Ultimate Meteor and all morphs could be omitted from the abilities reflected by DK scales?
    I feel that's one of the only reasons left for it not to be an interesting choice in PVP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Haste
        • This ability has been removed, and replaced by the new ability Grim Focus.
      • Grim Focus
        • This ability has replaced Haste in the Assassination tree. Any experience gained in Haste will now apply to Grim Focus.
        • When Grim Focus is activated, all weapon attacks will do additional damage for 20 seconds. Using light attacks or heavy attacks while the effect is active will grant a charge. When you gain eight charges, Grim Focus changes to Assassin’s Will.
      • Assassin’s Will: This ability allows you to fire a spectral projectile at your target, dealing magic damage.

While this sounds like an interesting ability to look into (damage magicka based?), and Haste's attack speed bonus was utterly useless, don't forget that Haste was Nightblade's go-to solution for stamina recovery, I'm slightly concerned now that we don't have that buff, and with more abilities based on stamina, pretty much the only way to go will be using Siphoning Attacks, which in turn still reduces your damage output. OKAY, so it seems the stamina regen is also still there in the other morph of this new skill! Excellent ZOS. :)
    Majeure_eu wrote:
    @deltiasgaming So let's recap NB: Ambush nerfed, no more Haste for stamina buff (even tho it's more needed now than ever), VoB nerfed, Death Stroke says to apply the Major Defile, but no mention applying either Major nor Minor Berserking? Soul Tether kinda nerfed (no more HoT AND DoT), so all ults effectively nerfed? so many NB nerfs while only adding some abstract "damage bonus" for the new skill, which for all we know might not amount to anything, and of course the stamina based class skills which were most needed and given across the board. So I really don't see the NB hype?

What I meant by Ambush nerf was that it now only applies an 8% (Minor Berserk) damage bonus for the next attack, down from 36%, and this morph was pretty much bread and butter for Magicka based Nightblades, whereas it's now useless to them.

Also while we're talking about Stamina based class skills, I'm baffled that neither of Veiled Strike's morphs received this kind of treatment given the ability's type, you'd expect at least Surprise Attack to be Stamina-based. I saw this was already answered, good stuff. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Anyway, great changes overall. Really loving all the new systems, especially regarding Justice! Downloading PTS now, will be interesting to see how sustainable (and burst) DPS compares after all these changes, so my concerns might be null and void afterwards...
    Edited by Majeure on January 27, 2015 10:00PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno: the Major and Minor Berserk buffs are not in the list.

They are granted by several abilities like Storm Astronach or Combat Prayer but nobody knows what they do. Please update the notes when you have the info, thanks. ;)

edit: NVM, I just read the answer above.
    Edited by Gyudan on January 27, 2015 6:38PM
    Wololo.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    So new way to do things, and now you can steal, improved the broken stuff so it works.
    No new quests to pve? So the end game is still the same runnig around trials.. no way i can do quest on craglorn myself?
    Forced group.. Since launch i have waited for more pve end game content.
    But well i just unsub, and drop elderscrollonline to trashbin. Rip forever.
    No rage quit guys, im not upset in anyway. Just nothing to do, tired of waiting stuff to do.

ZOS good luck with this game.
    You have a nice pvp game, themed with elder scroll, thats it.

I'm just a little confused on what you're looking for from an MMO. Traditionally, end game content in MMOs, such as ESO, consist of PvE group content and all around PvP.

Solo PvE has never really been the norm for end game content, it would be too easy unless approached correctly.

However, the point of end game content is to provide outlets to improve your character at the end of the game, quests don't really provide that improvement outside of the xp earned going to champion points now.

If this game was set up so that some solo quests were super hard and gave viable end game rewards, your request for extra content for your solo preference would be totally reasonable, and I think that'd be an interesting way to go about things.

However, that's not quite the case, and end game is restricted, and will probably continue to be, group PvE content and all around PvP (although being in a group for PvP nets more forward progress as well)

Good luck in your game search, I hope you find what you're looking for as I don't think it will be easy to find.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy about a lot of the sorc changes. If no one else does, I guess I'll post a thread this weekend dissecting (read: criticising) the changes and hope that if we QQ as much as NBs this will change...
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Just wondering, is this the whole Heavy Armor buff you promised us? If so, it's awful. Constitution passive has become more awful, I mean we are all at end level guys wtf. What's the point of stacking health while being a tank with this new version of Constitution ffs?
    Heavy

Immovable

Immovable now grants the buffs Major Resolve and Major Ward. Each additional rank of this ability increases the duration of the buffs by 0.5 seconds.
    Increased the cost of this ability by 13% for all ranks and morphs.

Immovable Brute (morph): This ability no longer increases melee damage. Instead, in reduces the cost of CC break for each piece of heavy armor equipped while this ability is slotted in the activity bar.

Passives

Constitution: This passive now scales off your level rather than our maximum health when restoring magicka and stamina.
    Juggernaut: This passive now grants a 0.5% increase in max health per piece of heavy armor worn. All other bonuses on this passive have been removed.
    Don't overlook the added spell resistance for heavy armor.

Spell Resistance: Instead of having a base amount of Spell Resistance that grows as you level, Spell Resistance is now provided by Armor on a 1 to 1 basis.
    For example, if a piece of gear gives you 2000 Armor, it also gives 2000 Spell Resistance.
    Passive skills in both the Light Armor and Heavy Armor skill lines will modify this ratio.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on January 28, 2015 1:07AM
  • templar_von_midgard
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.

And now I have to rework my Nightblade that worked for me since release.
    (All of it's abilities are now stamina based, with the exception of Sap Essence and Dark Cloak.)
    This pretty much ruined my day. =/
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Can't wait to see how it will change the game.

How come Nightblades didn't get any stamina morphs? :(
    We want to play them in medium armor just like we see them on character creation screen and we want to feel we are playing Nightblades (so, wanna build them around class skills).

• Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    No change to Bat swarm? It is already completely overpowered and now coupled with 10% less damage to vamps, it will be a required ultimate in PvP.\

Also, why did you nerf Caltrops to only 6 players? It useless now. Before it at least help slightly against zerg balls.

I imagine they think the limited (if is actually is. I am sure someone will find the FOTM build that still allows ultimate spam) uses of ultimate abilities will balance that out.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , is there any changes in racial passives?..
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, "Use"ing npcs rather than "Talk"ing to them was one of the funniest interactions:p
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store
    • Once the system is live, the Imperial Edition Upgrade bundle and the Explorer’s Pack that are currently available on the web will be moved to the Crown Store for purchase.
    So the exclusive pre-order bonus isn't so exclusive after all? :#

edit: Nevermind, Gina confirmed it as miscommunication.
    Edited by Rosveen on January 27, 2015 7:21PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor: The amount of mitigation provided by Armor has changed.
    • A piece of Light Armor grants 1/4th of the mitigation of an equivalent piece of Heavy Armor.

So is this the beginning of the end of the "Light Armor/Sword and Board DK Uber-Tanks" we see everywhere like roaches in PvP?
    I hope so.

I think it is likely the end of Light Armor. Period. Stamina builds can do great DPS now and have 3x the mitigation of Light Armor. Why would anyone wear Light Armor? It would be one thing if magicka did crazy high damage but you were really squishy. However, magicka and stamina DPS is pretty close to balanced, and the new stamina morphs of some class skills should make balance even better.

There is now one type of armor that lets you do damage and be super squishy, and another type of armor that lets you do pretty much the same damage while being 3x sturdier.

There was a goal of balancing magicka and stamina DPS. That would have been good in and of itself. There was a goal of making light armor much squishier than medium armor. That would have been good in and of itself. But the two combined are contradictory!

Rather than balancing DPS and armor, they seem to have just unbalanced it in a new way!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thavie wrote: »
    Not in this patch, no. It's something on the list to be tweaked, but will be in the future.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    Not in this patch, no. It's something on the list to be tweaked, but will be in the future.
    Oh, I see, thanks for a quick answer!
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some special costumes, called polymorphs, will also be available. These are costumes that change your entire appearance, including your character’s model.

Well. Monkey/guar/netch Trial runs? Not breaking immersion. Not at all.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌,

I didn't see anything related to the Legerdemain skill line, aka the Justice skillline.

Could you update the list with any information regarding passives or abilities?
    Thank you!

Edited by Terminus on January 27, 2015 6:50PM
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    theo1000 wrote: »
    @Kilandros‌
    Yeah thats what sorcerers needed! Add 1sec internal cd to our only exceptional skill... really ZoS? Every other class has some way to sustain(heal) and we get a 1sec cd? NBs can spam siphoning abilities DKs can spam everything so no need to say something and Templas? they are templars so again im not saying anything more...
    PLZ remove the !@#$ mechanism you implemented for the love of your sorc community -.-

They want the class to be Pet focused. Sorcerers need to accept this and move on if we aren't interested in playing crappy Pet builds pretty much exclusively. I'm moving on from this broken class; you should too.

PET focused? Clannfear now ONLY TAUNTS when you're in a group. Not solo, just in a group. That pet has just become completely useless.

To go with that Twilight has less health (cause it needed that, even with the reduction to damage taken from AoEs...) on the DPS viable version of it.

So now it's less health for the only DPS pet we have and if you're a Sorc Pet-based DPS you can't run clannfear because tanks will HATE YOU for making them work at taunting through pets.

They don't want sorcs to be pet dps, they want sorcs dead. Glad I'm only staying to check out CS, you guys aren't going to see any viable class options from here on out for sorcs!

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any concept thoughts on why you guys gave the Clannfear a taunt ONLY when the sorc is in group? Wasn't the original concept of this pet to taunt for the Light Armor sorc DPS while soloing? And now it doesn't taunt when the sorc is the only person on the hate list.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, will the damage from 2H Critical Charge be mitigated by armor/resists?
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    @Kilandros‌
    Yeah thats what sorcerers needed! Add 1sec internal cd to our only exceptional skill... really ZoS? Every other class has some way to sustain(heal) and we get a 1sec cd? NBs can spam siphoning abilities DKs can spam everything so no need to say something and Templas? they are templars so again im not saying anything more...
    PLZ remove the !@#$ mechanism you implemented for the love of your sorc community -.-

You do realize with the changes to how impenetrable works you can crit a hell of a lot more often in pvp now. It no longer reduces other players chance to crit. It reduces the damage the crits will do. This will let you proc Crit Surge far more often then you do right now. Without a cooldown on this ability Sorc would heal so fast they would become unkillable.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has Werewolf poison weakness been applied to human form as well now?

Currently as it doesn't apply but the 15% stamina bonus does there is never a reason to be a vanilla human, either vampire or werewolf (even if WW abilities are never used).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    LOL at templar update. Nothing impressive compared to the other class
    updates
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Zos promised magica return passive for Templar, but nothing about it in patchnotes.
    They did give %10 magicka regen to Aura but nerfed the stamina and health regen rates of it by almost %60 "sigh"

SSSHHHHH... or you'll wind up getting shoved in the mud by the big bully like the Sorcs did. Go with no changes... it's better than changes some dev (who clearly doesn't play the classes) thinks are "awesome" or some stupid nonsense.
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiskeyJac wrote: »
    so what does the damage from ultimate abilities scale? magicka right ?

@WhiskeyJac‌ as stated: Whatever your highest of Stam/Mag (and their respective increases Weapon Power & Crit or Spell Power & Crit, respectively) is.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vordae wrote: »
    @Kilandros‌

You do realize with the changes to how impenetrable works you can crit a hell of a lot more often in pvp now. It no longer reduces other players chance to crit. It reduces the damage the crits will do. This will let you proc Crit Surge far more often then you do right now. Without a cooldown on this ability Sorc would heal so fast they would become unkillable.

You do realize that Crit Surge only buffs stamina abilities now and that PVP isn't the only thing in this game, in fact it is a very small subset of overall gameplay.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Splash

The Synergy damage now scales off of stamina/power.

Can this be elaborated on? Does this mean whoever activates the synergy will have the damage scale off of their stamina/power regardless of if it's their highest stat?

Or will it scale off of the highest stat that someone has?And will it be stamina/magicka or weapon damage/spell damage..Perhaps it's just me not understanding..
    Edited by angelyn on January 27, 2015 7:02PM
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    p7k9y3tuuxr6.jpg
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on January 27, 2015 7:02PM