Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Rantahu
    Rantahu
    ✭✭
    youkr1tti5m8.gif
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So stamina builds and changing "some" class skill to stamina to make proper melee builds failed again. On dk you swap 2 flame dots to be stamina based, which is good, but you dont give Whip option to morph and be stamina based which failed whole melee concept.
    Same on NB, Concealed weapons with armor debuff should be stamina based, same as close range morph of Impale,
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm wtf..flame lash doesn't get a Stamina Morph, but fiery breath does..

• AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    So does this mean that those of us who bought nothing but a single horses on multiple characters are going to be screwed out of the gold spent? How about those of us who destroyed trophy items to save space? Will we have them unlocked still? Or are we out of luck?
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the stream going up, on a Tuesday.
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1-second cooldown on critical surge. Yup, that's what Sorcerers needed.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Nibelaja
    Nibelaja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Restoring Light

Mending: This passive now grants your Restoring Light heals a bonus based on the amount of missing health on the target of the heal. This can be up to a 5% bonus at Rank I, or up to a 10% bonus at Rank II.

Really? That were one of the best templar passiv...
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unstable Flames (morph): This ability now scales off Stamina and Attack Power and costs Stamina. Damage is mitigated by your target’s melee defense statistics.

Thx for that stupid change =\

Ash Cloud is a now a ground-targeted area of effect ability. It no longer affects an enemy’s miss chance, but instead snares your enemy by 70%.

Thx again =\

Other changes seems ok, but new ultimate generation is suck.
    Edited by Rydik on January 27, 2015 6:05PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    Unstable Flames (morph): This ability now scales off Stamina and Attack Power and costs Stamina. Damage is mitigated by your target’s melee defense statistics.

=\

To be fair, DKs just got a toggle Major Spell/Melee crit buff that doesn't cost magicka.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a maximum gold limit? lol
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't say I'm happy with the Sorc changes. With the changes to destruction staff being buffed by spell dmg, Critical Surge (the one the heals) is only buffing physical weapon attacks and therefore is useless for a spell caster. At the same time, Sorcs were given no stamina attacks. Also, no changes to Bolt Escape. Of course this is all very early conjecture and in game testing is needed but on the surface, I am majorly disappointed in the Sorc notes.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    No LFG fixes?
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno: Does Negate Magic still silence enemy players? Or did you redesign that away ?? Really curious here, you didn't make that clear for me
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[*] You will now start with a two handed sword.

Why? Why do you insist on doing this, Zenimax?? There is no fighting just outside your cell anway, what was so bad with picking THE WEAPON OF YOUR CHOICE from a forge rather than being forced to use a weapon style you might never intend to use?? PLEASE, reconsider this! You should rather bring back the forge that was in the open betas, where you had racks where you could chose one of each type of weapon! And maybe have armour racks in addition.
    • Kilandros
      Kilandros
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Erock25 wrote: »
      I can't say I'm happy with the Sorc changes. With the changes to destruction staff being buffed by spell dmg, Critical Surge (the one the heals) is only buffing physical weapon attacks and therefore is useless for a spell caster. At the same time, Sorcs were given no stamina attacks. Also, no changes to Bolt Escape. Of course this is all very early conjecture and in game testing is needed but on the surface, I am majorly disappointed in the Sorc notes.

You had to have seen this coming. I'll test out Sorcerer a bit on the PTS to see if there were any stealth buffs/improvements, but otherwise I'm retiring my Sorcerer for good at this point.
      Invictus

• theo1000
      theo1000
      @Kilandros‌
      Yeah thats what sorcerers needed! Add 1sec internal cd to our only exceptional skill... really ZoS? Every other class has some way to sustain(heal) and we get a 1sec cd? NBs can spam siphoning abilities DKs can spam everything so no need to say something and Templas? they are templars so again im not saying anything more...
      PLZ remove the !@#$ mechanism you implemented for the love of your sorc community -.-
    • Prizax
      Prizax
      ✭✭✭
      Soft Caps will be removed right? because I don't see anything of it in the patch notes...
    • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Community Manager
      ShadowHvo wrote: »
      Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.
      Jessica Folsom
      Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
      Staff Post
    • ArconSeptim
      ArconSeptim
      ✭✭✭✭
      Alcohol regenerates your health my favourite one! heeheheehehe
    • Kilandros
      Kilandros
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      theo1000 wrote: »
      @Kilandros‌
      Yeah thats what sorcerers needed! Add 1sec internal cd to our only exceptional skill... really ZoS? Every other class has some way to sustain(heal) and we get a 1sec cd? NBs can spam siphoning abilities DKs can spam everything so no need to say something and Templas? they are templars so again im not saying anything more...
      PLZ remove the !@#$ mechanism you implemented for the love of your sorc community -.-

They want the class to be Pet focused. Sorcerers need to accept this and move on if we aren't interested in playing crappy Pet builds pretty much exclusively. I'm moving on from this broken class; you should too.
      Invictus

• Blobsky
      Blobsky
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That's the end of nightblade then
      Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
      Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If all horses are moved to collections, does this mean we can't stable and as such rename them any more?

Also will there be any kind of compensation for those who spent hundreds of thousands of gold to buy stabling space?
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • Cinbri
      Cinbri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No changes for Monster Sets?
    • Tamanous
      Tamanous
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Torquebow wrote: »
      Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

I was kinda wondering about this myself... Seems like the logical choices.

I completely agree! Those would've been the most ideal, and probably best choices to make Stamina based for Nightblades! What do we have now? Ambush and the Grim Focus.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Please Gina, as immediate feedback, tell the combat crew to heavily consider making the Killer's Blade (Morph from Assassin's Blade) and the Concealed Weapon (Morph from Veiled Strike) new Stamina based abilities for the Nightblade. Those two are ideal for any close up Melee rogue/thief/assassin type of character, and would finalyze our pure stamina builds so well! They would be a perfect mashup, and I'm certain many more people would love for this too!

Please dear God no. Forcing morphs into stam is ruining magicka based builds now. There should be main resource changes and more "uses highest stat".

ZOS has to realise they are breaking one thing to fix another by not simply allowing us to build our stats how we want and have the skills work with our choice.
      Edited by Tamanous on January 27, 2015 6:00PM
    • ShadowHvo
      ShadowHvo
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Killer's Blade does cost stamina; looks like we missed it in the patch notes. We're adding it now.

For the Veiled Strike ability, we made Surprise Attack cost stamina instead of Concealed Weapon because Surprise Attack also reduces armor and made sense to us for a physical damage dealer.

Ahh okay! I can live with that! Thank you so much for confirming that, Jessica!! =D
      Edited by ShadowHvo on January 27, 2015 6:03PM
      Nighren - The Shadow Striker
      Leader of Bloodlines
      -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
    • Marthenil
      Marthenil
      ✭✭✭
      Tamanous wrote: »
      Torquebow wrote: »

I was kinda wondering about this myself... Seems like the logical choices.

I completely agree! Those would've been the most ideal, and probably best choices to make Stamina based for Nightblades! What do we have now? Ambush and the Grim Focus.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Please Gina, as immediate feedback, tell the combat crew to heavily consider making the Killer's Blade (Morph from Assassin's Blade) and the Concealed Weapon (Morph from Veiled Strike) new Stamina based abilities for the Nightblade. Those two are ideal for any close up Melee rogue/thief/assassin type of character, and would finalyze our pure stamina builds so well! They would be a perfect mashup, and I'm certain many more people would love for this too!

Please dear God no. Forcing morphs into stam is ruining magicka based builds now. There should be main resource changes and more "uses highest stat".

ZOS has to realise they are breaking one thing to fix another by not simply allowing us to build our stats how we want and have the skills work with our choice.

This, imo. WTB build diversity and actual choice, not streamlined builds forced down our throats.
    • Erock25
      Erock25
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Lightning Splash synergy now scales off of stamina/power.

Is this in addition to magicka/spelldmg? It seems a bit odd to have it only scale off of stamina/power.
      You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
      You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    • theo1000
      theo1000
      @Kilandros Well i was ok with the class but if they want to make us pet masters or whatever ofc im dumping him... -.-
    • Ahdora
      Ahdora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did the aforementioned new Alliance War abilities not make it into this patch, or did I miss them in all that text?
      Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
    • Thejollygreenone
      Thejollygreenone
      ✭✭✭

Glad to hear this, although I should note that there was nothing about Veiled Strike getting a stamina morph in the patch notes, might wanna go add that too.

And although people were asking about Concealed Weapon, I'm assuming they meant about the base ability in general as was the case for me until I saw your comment.

Regardless, thanks for the clarification, I was a really bummed Nightblade until I saw your post, now I'm quite content :)