Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• ex0.f00kb16_ESO
    ex0.f00kb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    1)Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    No , i haven't done that.

2)What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Germany, Bavaria

3)Who is your ISP?
    1&1
    3473830360.png

4)Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?

Ping is mostly around 150ms-160ms
    But got some majore lags in Dungeons(mostly Primetime round bout 20.00 cet), Lag on the ability bar all day long.
    (Mobs already runing away you die 3 sec later)

Options
  • Keyll
    Keyll
    Soul Shriven
    I am having this problem on the NA server!

Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

I have, multiple times. They have provided no insight into the problem, nor have they actually addressed my questions. They carbon copy "You problems means a lot to us" and "We are really sorry that this is happening to you" messages without actually addressing my concerns and questions in my ticket. Ticket #140429-009130 & 140415-010639.

What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

Sydney, Australia.

Who is your ISP?

iPrimus

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

All of the above, like many of the others who have replied to this thread. I can't actually interact with anything, (crouching, weapon, doors, weyshrines etc.). If i have to 'action' anything it doesn't work! If feels like it happens more at a specific time of day rather than in a specific area, between 1530-1630 AEST which i think is around 1 or 2am in the US.

Options
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as Russia keeps invading Ukrane it's not safe to bring the Megaserver there.
    Options
  • Kalston
    Kalston
    ✭✭
    As long as Russia keeps invading Ukrane it's not safe to bring the Megaserver there.

Nice troll considering the plan is to have servers in Germany.

Options
  • ashmunduth
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    no

Italy, puglia.

Who is your ISP?
    IUnet

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

while questing, while in dung, and most of the time in cyrodiil. it's unplayble.
    Options
  • Sandhya
    Sandhya
    ✭✭✭
    1) No. It would only bog you down more. Sensible answers cannot be expected, this is a really obvious issue that I am surprised you are even asking information about. Unless the only 'unacceptable' latency is the moments where we get totally desynced and die all of a sudden due to that status updating 5 seconds too late.

2) Netherlands, Arnhem.

3) Telfort/KPN (ADSL 20 mbit/2 mbit). Typical in-game latency: avg 19ms, max 33ms. Speedtest latency: 9ms. In game latency in ESO: 120ms or more. Basically all Dutch connections are literally on top of the AMS-IX node so this problem is entirely caused by your server location, no doubt about it.

4) Extreme latency happens at random occasions but mostly during prime time. It's like playing with a really bad Vsync. All menu's open a full second after button press and all skill actions work similarly, which considerably increases game difficulty. So far it has been the main reason to stay FAR away from Cyrodiil and PvP, and if the issue will not fixed and latency is not structurally improved, this is definitely enough reason to stop playing. Note the word structurally: this implies you move the servers to EU.

Edit: Delighted to read this on your May 1st state of the game article:
    • Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter.

Very glad to see official confirmation. Can't come soon enough!
    Edited by Sandhya on May 1, 2014 2:55PM
    Options
  • hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    the server is about 10 000 km away, means that the signal goto go 20 000 km, even at lightspeed (which signals don t go) it would need 1/12 of a second physical lag just because of distance

the only solution is to put the server for Europe in Europe, the so called european server is not european, its an us server for europeans
    Options
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    hauke wrote: »
    the server is about 10 000 km away, means that the signal goto go 20 000 km, even at lightspeed (which signals don t go) it would need 1/12 of a second physical lag just because of distance

the only solution is to put the server for Europe in Europe, the so called european server is not european, its an us server for europeans

Well... The server is Europian American
    Options
  • Theonus
    Theonus
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    # 140407-072970
    # 140408-033005
    # 140416-021180
    # 140425-026258
    # 140425-027590
    # 140425-036070
    # 140426-006146

Need any more? All these tickets, and yet ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been done to help me, all these are just bloody copy/paste answers. Yes I have restarted my router, yes I run in admin mode, why can't you muppets realize this is on your end!

Belgium, Kortrijk

Who is your ISP?
    Telenet

Always and Everywhere. Dungeons, open world, any continent, any area.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalston wrote: »

Nice troll considering the plan is to have servers in Germany.
    lol, exactly.

Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we got a response, a super ridiculously VAGUE response, but there it is. http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number? No but have BR'd it in game.
    - What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area) Surrey, UK
    -Who is your ISP? - Plusnet (BT)
    - Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil? It si a general problem normally seems to be at what I would expect to be the busiest times of day or at weekends. But since 1.06 patch dropped today it is awful all the time.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • KylarZ
    KylarZ
    Seriously? EU holiday, every EU player is trying to connect to your server. What the heck were you expecting?
    VR7 Dragonknight
    Options
  • lasse.ylineneb17_ESO
    lasse.ylineneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Quite a few on different occasions and relations. Possible that 140419-092353 is tied to lag as well.

Greater Helsinki area in Finland.
    Who is your ISP?

Elisa, 24Mbit / 1Mbit

The more other adventurers I see, the laggier the game gets. If I just wander in the wilderness, there is a lot less problems as opposed to when I enter popular quest dungeons or locations. Or, going to the bank etc. Disabling tinting has reduced the problem, but unfortunately did not eliminate it completely (and othervice framerates are good, apart from the random freezes that seem related to lag on fetching other adventurers or objects models / textures as in the mentioned ticket).

dl8yk3hfyyp2.png
    Options
  • juhah49eb17_ESO
    - What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Finland.

-Who is your ISP?
    DNA 24Mb/2Mb dsl
    96713018.png
    96712379.png
    96712708.png

- Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

Generally everywhere when you cant just spam skills and faceroll...
    Cyrodill and Dungeons are the main problem, it does not seem to matter what hour it is but you can notice the lag when trying to evade aoe or block attacks. Its annoying, and naturally the lag is way worse during prime hours. Your "lets hide the lag" features make it just worse when you try to avoid getting hit and monster suddenly hit you very far away as you dont really know where they really are...
    Edited by juhah49eb17_ESO on May 1, 2014 6:44PM
    Options
  • emailgosurwb17_ESO
    Can we have an answer please? how much more info do you need?
    Options
  • emailgosurwb17_ESO
    Canceled my subscription, If we all do same, they will most likely reply to us.

I just can't accept this poor level of performance from TESO side. Impossible to PvP with this delay.
    Edited by emailgosurwb17_ESO on May 1, 2014 7:43PM
    Options
  • Brockxz
    Brockxz
    ✭✭
    No
    Riga. Latvia
    Who is your ISP?
    Lattelecom
    It's not that bad for me but sometimes there is problems with latency. I wouldn't say it really bothers me except when I do PvP.
    The problem is not ISP or region I am. Problem is location of EU server and here's why?

This is latency and speed to my ISP:
    3475622313.png

This is latency and speed to UK, London:
    3475613885.png

This is latency and speed to US, eastern coast:
    3475624811.png

And this is latency and speed to Texas, Dallas:
    3475627331.png

As you can see, the further the servers are, more latency and less speed. The only option to reduce problems with latency is to host EU servers actually in EU.

Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brockxz wrote: »
    No
    Riga. Latvia
    Who is your ISP?
    Lattelecom
    It's not that bad for me but sometimes there is problems with latency. I wouldn't say it really bothers me except when I do PvP.
    The problem is not ISP or region I am. Problem is location of EU server and here's why?

This is latency and speed to my ISP:
    3475622313.png

This is latency and speed to UK, London:
    3475613885.png

This is latency and speed to US, eastern coast:
    3475624811.png

And this is latency and speed to Texas, Dallas:
    3475627331.png

As you can see, the further the servers are, more latency and less speed. The only option to reduce problems with latency is to host EU servers actually in EU.
    Jesus tap dancing Christ, I wish I had your internet connection, lol. How much you paying per month?

Options
  • Brockxz
    Brockxz
    ✭✭
    laced wrote: »

Jesus tap dancing Christ, I wish I had your internet connection, lol. How much you paying per month?
    About 10 Euros/month. Well Latvia have one of fastest networks in the world and mostly it's thanks to ISP Lattelecom. Great service and speed/latency overall.
    Edited by Brockxz on May 2, 2014 8:03AM
    Options
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    what about to do what Square Enix did with FFXIV. This game was clearly not ready to be out.
    Options
  • romeozor
    romeozor
    Soul Shriven
    1. No.
    2. Budapest, Hungary
    3. Digi
    4. I developed a habit of button mashing cos I can't be sure when my casting will register with the server. And I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but sometimes I seemingly cast something, the animation gets cancelled (presumably rolling back the action), my target doesn't seem to take damage, yet the cost of asting is still deducted from me (magica, stamina).

The situation gradually got worse over time. Didn't notice in the beginning, but in the past week it became very apparent and annoying, even though I tend to be relaxed about these things.
    Options
  • Ullan
    Ullan
    Soul Shriven
    1) No. What would be the point? Clearly a lag issue due to the physical distance to the server, no customer service could fix that.
    2)UK, London
    3) BT Infinity
    4) As pretty much everyone above, the lag is constant. PVE is almost unplayable since I must block an attack half a second before the attack indicator is visible. Interrupting a heavy attack is impossible, doing consistent damage is impossible.

During particularly heavy server loads, the problem exacerbates to the point where it may take up to eight seconds for a loot window to appear, and combat animations fire up to three times before actually executing, blocking all other same priority animations while they stutter. In particularly egregious cases, enemies can make up to two attacks after dying.

The lag causes several skills to misfire or behave in an unintended manner. Charge often sees me clip through an enemy (who takes no damage) and bows often refuse to fire.

It's safe to conclude that the real time combat system in ESO requires real-time server responses to be playable. I'm not one of those people who will threaten to cancel their subscription, because I've seen far worse game issues in the past, but a structural resolution to these issues would be much appreciated.
    Options
  • fazza1977b16_ESO
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    - Not yet

- Essex, UK

Who is your ISP?
    - Virgin Media, 152MB/Sec

- All of the above. Most noticeably in Cyrodiil but also questing and dungeons. Lag manifests through skill lag and non-responsiveness to key presses. Sometimes I will press a key and have to wait up to 5-10 seconds for a response. I can, however, move around normally in this time. Other times I will be fighting a mob and have no response at all; then suddenly I am dead. I would like to heal in dungeons but am hesitant to do so because I don't want to screw my group up if my skills won't fire.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flametyn wrote: »
    what about to do what Square Enix did with FFXIV. This game was clearly not ready to be out.
    What? Say screw the EU population and keep it in NA, no thank you. Move it to the EU, don't even put this nonsense in their heads.

Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brockxz wrote: »
    laced wrote: »

About 10 Euros/month. Well Latvia have one of fastest networks in the world and mostly it's thanks to ISP Lattelecom. Great service and speed/latency overall.
    Well holy crap on a cracker. I could probably get them as a provider and have a better connection than what I have now, hahaha.

Options
  • Sinoby
    Sinoby
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add that after last patch (1.0.6) game is very laggy for me. Pretty big delay in dungeons, all abilities have delay, very big delay on casting abilities like dark talons and shattering prison. Lag is noticible in both PvE and PvP. PvP is worse (as always), delay is above 1-2 sec sometimes.
    Options
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure it's all about distance to the server though.. while clearly it doesn't help having and inbuilt latancy due to distance, in other games I've not found it to have anywhere near as much impact as with ESO.

LoTRO has US servers, and I'm pretty sure Rift and Defiance do, and I have little problem with latency on those games.. well nothing near the same level as I do wit ESO.

Pretty much the same experience as everyone else.. major skills activation lag, can happen almost anywhere, tends be worse in dungeons. Funny when the character is still fighting 2-3 seconds after the NPC is dead.
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
    Options
  • chrho83rwb17_ESO
    chrho83rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No - mainly because I do not see how you are going to help me.

South Africa - Johannesburg

Who is your ISP?
    Afrihost (www.afrihost.co.za)

The very worst is encounters with Zerg in Cyro which almost always immediately lead to a disconnect (Zerg > Lag > Disconnect).

My average ping to the game server is 340ms. I have found that if I use WTFast (a gaming VPN) I hardly ever got disconnected despite hardly any change in average ping.

My ping to London is 180ms - so I'm really looking forward to having the EU server in Europe.
    Options
  • Altissimus
    Altissimus
    ✭✭✭
    1) like most here, I have no faith in your support. When we raise bug reports nothing happens (bugs I raised in beta are still here after months; ticket response is generic and often illegible) so no.

2) London, UK

3) Virgin, 100M

4) town, dungeons, wilderness. Not spent much time in PvP. Lag random and inconsistent except at peak time, when it is omnipresent.

If you would like someone to show you were the EU is on a map, I'd be glad to oblige. Unfortunately it is not located in Murika.
    Options