Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• tim_barteneb17_ESO
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    - No.
    What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    - Netherlands, all of my friends experience lag. In cyrodill it is extreme often resulting in a disconnect
    Who is your ISP?
    - ZIggo
    Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    - Well, no. There is always lag....always :(. But in cyrodill it is extreme with 3-6 seconds freeze lags

Thanks in advance for any information you’re able to share with us about this issue!
    - No problem, but this kind of lag happened like 2-3 weeks ago and it is getting only worse. In beta stress tests it was even better
    Options
  • hypr
    hypr
    -Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    Nope.

-What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Sweden, Skövde/Mariestad

-Who is your ISP?
    Sunet (100/100)/Telia(100/10)

-Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    I have had some latecy issues while palying the game overall (questing, dungeons) but mostly while doing pvp (but im really a pve player). In the PvE gameplay i feel like its a more constant lag, i really dont mind it that much, i just have to forsee more things like i guess it will be an incomming aoe fom mob here soon so i need to get out. this i guess will be more important when i reach maxlevel ad start doing veteran content.
    Options
  • pulversoppa
    pulversoppa
    ✭✭

Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    Nope, since I have not had serious issues with it yet.

Sweden, Stockholm area. Playing on the EU server.

Who is your ISP?
    Bredbandsbolaget AB
    3471265037.png

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    In one group dungeon there was slight out of sync lagging, perhaps for 15 minutes. Other than that it's very rare there's any lag at all. Have not been to Cyrodiil yet since launch, but in the betas it could be a bit laggy there. Overall I've not really had any lag issues so far, except that tiny happening in a group dungeon, and that was perhaps 2 weeks ago.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its pretty pathetic that we are nearing 1 month after official release and there hasn't been a peep about moving the servers yet. This isn't the damned CIA, FBI, or NSA, give us some damned info and stop being as transparent as a cinder block.....
    Options
  • Sarmoung
    Sarmoung
    ✭✭
    - Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    No.

- What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Romania, Pitesti.

- Who is your ISP?
    RDS & RCS

- Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?
    While questing in Daggerfall, arround 5 a.m. BST.
    Options
  • TheMoDiiFii3r

Nope

Alik'r Desert

Who is your ISP?

Vividwireless

I recall it happening upon initiating enemies
    I am able to draw and sheath my staff properly, then when I walk to some enemies and attack them, they will walk a few steps and lag
    Options
  • Edvoli
    Edvoli
    Diablo EU server had issues yesterday due to ddos attacks, anything simulair here?
    Options
  • Ashenangel
    Ashenangel
    ✭✭
    Have u contacted tec support / not yet Uk Norfolk Virgin media 130 I get it a lot of latency when in public dungeons and instances my skills are just not triggering it sometimes looks likes she's casting a skill but then it doesn't work and the group dies (I'm heal) or I get lag spike and one sec there all up and then the lag spike and all dead.
    The worlds gone to hell in a hand basket >:)
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edvoli wrote: »
    Diablo EU server had issues yesterday due to ddos attacks, anything simulair here?
    ddos?

Options
  • illahad
    illahad
    -- No

-- Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Who is your ISP?
    --Rostelecom 25 MB

-- Mostly questing, but I rarely do other stuff. Sometimes I'm attacked by "invisible" mobs and suddenly die, sometimes there's just 5-15 seconds delay between button press and actual ability animation. Whispers are greatly delayed too.
    Options
  • The_SpAwN
    The_SpAwN
    ✭✭✭
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    - Not yet.

- Treviso, IT

Who is your ISP?
    - Telecom It. 20mb/s

- Most of the time during PvP in Cyrodiil, everyone stop and after a few second the game crash.
    Options
  • annvdbb16_ESO

[*] Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

No I didnt

[*] What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

Belgium (east flanders)

[*] Who is your ISP?

Telenet N.V

[*] Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

Cant really say, in different areas.
    I tried to click continue on a quest, didnt work, only reacted much later. Then another time I was walking around and couldnt open things or sprint, the reaction time was way slower.
    But overall I rarely encounter this. Usually it goes smoothly

Options
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    • Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    No
    • What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Italy, zip code: 36010
    • Who is your ISP?
    Siportal (Telecom Italia)
    • Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    While doing Blessed Crucible.

- Not experienced in Direfrost Keep nor in Blakheart Haven.

Edited by Daendur on April 30, 2014 7:40AM
    Options
  • Litvan
    Litvan
    • Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    • What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    • Who is your ISP?
    • Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    • No, your support team is a bunch of untrained monkeys throwing faeces randomly at people just like in the zoo, so to save my self the extreme frustration some of my friends has displayed due to having bothered taking contact to your "support team" I figured that it's not worth it.
    • Denmark, Jutland, Aarhus
    • TDC 20/2 mBit
    • All of the above, can be mid fight, zoning in or out of dungeons, can be while running up the stairs to the bank. Can be mid crafting at a crafting station. Anything really.. you name it it's there...
    I won't add to the choir of "move the server to the EU" so I'll save you from listening to more of that.
    Options
  • Minicik
    Minicik
    Soul Shriven

No.It's meaningless.

What region are you playing the game in?

Canakkale, Turkey

Who is your ISP?

TTnet(TurkTelekom, 24mbit/fiber)

Entering the game for the first time,instances,mostly town banks,summoning deadric pets.
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try moving the EU megaserver to the EU...?
    This is the single most important fact here.

I have not tried to contact support - assumed it was because our servers were in North America. As the poster above said it's distance-related.

Worthing - SE UK

Virgin Media - 60Mb/sec

Peak Times, long login times (sometimes eternal), seemingly random lag when I am in combat. I'll suddenly get a big damage spike which finishes my poor sorcerer. Heck, it happens while strolling around town.

Please, just tell us when the server is being moved - or are you waiting until the console version comes out ?

So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Harakh wrote: »
    I am beginnin to doubt that there are 2 Servers at all. It more looks like one and they are trying to find out how much longer they can hide this Info, before they announce a "Servermerge" cause everything is fine and no Euro Server is needed....

I am also beginning to feel sorry for the money and effort I spent...

Give us a clear Statement and dont wait until the first Sub Money runs in, before presenting this stunning News!

If player would be consequent, they would cancel there sub, if enough do it the most Publisher react fast, as long as the money rolls they do nothing in a fast way :D
    I probably will after my free month + 'forced' paid month is over. Not only due the lack of service + issues (better said their global 'care' level), but also for the fact that they removed the non-recurring payment options (iDeal in my case) and don't respond to any questions about when they will return.

I have no CC, and will not have a CC.

Furthermore my PayPal is not verified because I don't have a bank account coupled(did had in the past before some random Chinese company took €100,- from my account).

So the only options I have is either buy a gamecard for 60 days (I object to that as I want to pay on a monthly base) or by paying through iDeal (which isn't available anymore).

So ZoS great way to keep your paying customers, or are we meant to be your cash cows from the start (cash quickly now, run away later as in going F2P) ?

Since if I remember correctly when they first announced ESO it was meant to be a F2P game, and even now I still can see some F2P elements like limited inventory space, fast armor decay (even if you didn't die), horses, lack of certain crafting materials, etc.

Edited by deef85b16_ESO on April 30, 2014 8:25AM
    Options
  • weresloth
    weresloth
    ✭✭
    All you have to do to solve the latency problems for us European players is to keep your word:

ESO ROAD AHEAD
    The North American and European megaservers will first be hosted in North America. This gives us a more efficient way to address any platform issues that may arise at launch. After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter – but this will be a seamless migration for users, without additional downloads, logins or action required.
    Options
  • energiequantb16_ESO
    Not contacted support yet.

Berlin, Germany

Deutsche Telekom (DTAG) / T-Online, connected via ADSL2+

As said before, lag is most noticeable in combat when stepping out of AOE indicators doesn't avoid getting hit, special abilities have a 1-2 second delay after key press or enemies are very near death, get hit and take 1-2 more seconds before death animation plays. I also noticed that all after-death boosts of special abilities like healing the player or restoring stamina often take 2-3 seconds before they get indicated. Effects out of combat include NPCs popping up very late in crowded areas (every time about 10+ people are inside a building like banks or most-visited quest givers). Also, I often encounter horses "gliding on rails" without a player on them for ~3-5 seconds before riding animations play and the rider fades in. Furthermore, I had no luck entering Cyrodiil since beta (infinite loading screen) but didn't bother as I know I would likely get stuck in it anyway if I happen to crash/logout there. It should be obvious but I experience less lag if playing off prime-time (i.e. later on work days; around 21 UTC).

I should add that it didn't feel that terrible during load-testing beta (except the one when almost nothing worked the whole test weekend, not sure if it was B17 or B18). Yes, in beta we also had noticeable lag but not in these dimensions, the game felt more fluent even on prime time. My guess is, if the server was to stay in Texas you would have to over-power that data center so it doesn't exceed the load levels it had in beta or gets even lower - it would need to respond so quick that it doesn't add much to the latency caused by distance. Moving the servers to EU likely is more economic.
    Edited by energiequantb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:03AM
    Options
  • kristof_michielsb16_ESO

No as they probably won't be able to fix this. Server is located in NA. So 150ms is the best you can expect with this kind of physical distance.

Belgium

Who is your ISP?

Telenet Cable (60Mbit/s)

Pretty much get latency peaks all the time. Looking at performance monitor in Windows(we can't see it ingame because API doesn't support it) I actually see an average of 150-200ms which frankly is too high for an online game.
    Yesterday(29/04/14) it actually was really bad which is why I think the servers went offline this morning. So probably an issue with the server itself and not the connection.
    Moving the datacenter to Germany would dramatically decrease the response times, however I know this is a very big project so I'm willing to wait it out.

On a side note:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6423/kw/megaserver
    The location of these servers is not going to affect the gameplay experience for the vast majority of our customers, and that millions of players from all over the world can play on our North American server and experience The Elder Scrolls Online as it was designed—without significant latency problems.

Not really :wink:
    Edited by kristof_michielsb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 8:47AM
    Options
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    weresloth wrote: »
    All you have to do to solve the latency problems for us European players is to keep your word:

ESO ROAD AHEAD
    The North American and European megaservers will first be hosted in North America. This gives us a more efficient way to address any platform issues that may arise at launch. After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter – but this will be a seamless migration for users, without additional downloads, logins or action required.

Well said/quoted.
    Options
  • RaZSm
    RaZSm
    Soul Shriven
    lag delays while pve!
    Options
  • Cadeyrn
    Cadeyrn
    Not Contacted the Support yet

Cologne Germany

Unitymedia 100 MBs

Mainly in Cyrodil, Mainly in Chats sometimes in the open world, especially Key Hit Lags
    Options
  • dinges
    dinges
    ✭✭
    Hi Zenimax, maybe this will help you also : I'm playing on a campingsite with terrible internet, maybe makes upto 50KB/s at best but mostly hovers around 5 to 25KB/s.

The game is extremly playable... What's described in the majority above also happens occasionaly, no response or just no actions then suddenly a catchup and your dead or can continue.

What i do notice here at this moment is that when i meet players (one is enough) it completely lags me out, seems to be that every player i meet causes around 15MB on data to be transfered.. just for seeing one person.

This being said, walking in the bank is a no go. All just stops. Anyway, thought i leave this with you and maybe its useful for you. Don't have to treat is as a complaint as for me its bound to this camping site. Never experienced it at home (XMLnet, holland, 165Mbps)

GL tracing it.
    Options
  • Cer3z
    Cer3z
    Ticket number: No

Region: Italy, Rome

ISP: www.unidata.it

Are there any specific moments:

Cyrodiil - UNPLAYABLE
    Questing - little good

last time i've played very fine was on the third beta weekend first to the release,
    i like the game but my playing experience is poor, at the moment i changed my subscription off, i'm looking for better news

best regards & good work
    Options
  • weresloth
    weresloth
    ✭✭
    I think reassuring the European player base that the original plan to move the EU Megaserver to the EU datacenter is still in place, and giving a rough ETA on that would go a long way towards retaining subscriptions.

Honestly, as much as I love ESO as an MMO, I'm tempted to cancel my subscription until the server transfer is announced, because right now it's too frustrating and I'm not willing to pay to be frustrated, I can easily get that for free.

On the other hand, should a reasonable ETA be announced (i.e. half of May) I'd probably decide to cope with the latency problems since I can see the end of the tunnel.

I don't think I'd be alone in doing so.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    weresloth wrote: »
    I think reassuring the European player base that the original plan to move the EU Megaserver to the EU datacenter is still in place, and giving a rough ETA on that would go a long way towards retaining subscriptions.

Honestly, as much as I love ESO as an MMO, I'm tempted to cancel my subscription until the server transfer is announced, because right now it's too frustrating and I'm not willing to pay to be frustrated, I can easily get that for free.

On the other hand, should a reasonable ETA be announced (i.e. half of May) I'd probably decide to cope with the latency problems since I can see the end of the tunnel.

I don't think I'd be alone in doing so.
    Agreed. ZoS is about as transparent as a cinder block atm though.....

Options
  • RickDangerous42
    • Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number? I did, don't remember the ticket nr though.
    • What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area) Malaysia, KL
    • Who is your ISP? Unifi
    Thanks in advance for any information you’re able to share with us about this issue!
    I was in Coldharbour at the time. Indoors, outside, in dungeons, all the same.

I did a traceroute to the server I was connected to:
    traceroute to 198.20.200.190 (198.20.200.190), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
     1  115.132.111.150 (115.132.111.150)  7.255 ms
        175.144.88.142 (175.144.88.142)  6.182 ms
        115.132.111.138 (115.132.111.138)  5.885 ms
     2  115.132.111.149 (115.132.111.149)  6.982 ms  5.924 ms  6.416 ms
     3  10.55.192.38 (10.55.192.38)  224.452 ms  224.453 ms  225.029 ms
     4  eqix.lsan.twtelecom.net (206.223.123.36)  197.593 ms  197.206 ms  198.382 ms
     5  64.129.234.190 (64.129.234.190)  228.876 ms  230.120 ms  231.019 ms
     6  66.195.111.98 (66.195.111.98)  229.230 ms !X  229.746 ms !X  228.301 ms !X

Latency seems normal. I don't think latency is the problem though. Seems more like server couldn't receive messages at all for a long period (30+s), and then all messages were sent in one go, causing server to think I was spamming, and booted me out. I.e. this is not "lag" per se. If you use virtualization, I would look into issues with that, as I've seen exactly these kinds of issues on other systems using e.g. VMWare for the servers.
    Options
  • xegallob16_ESO
    Ticket number: No

Region: Italy, Venice

ISP: http://www.telecomitalia.it/

Are there any specific moments:

Cyrodiil - UNPLAYABLE
    Questing - little good

last time i've played very fine was on the third beta weekend first to the release,
    i like the game but my playing experience is poor, at the moment i changed my subscription off, i'm looking for better news

best regards & good work
    Edited by xegallob16_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:17AM
    Options
  • paul.foucherwb17_ESO

No.

Durban, South Africa

Who is your ISP?

Internet Solutions 10 mbps

Latency through out the game is terrible , switching weapons does not happen.. blocking takes long..

200ms is great for us in South Africa and that's how much we get on EU servers( and i would be happy with that) but now that the EU server is in the states we are seriously struggling i am sitting at 700-1000 ms which really makes the subscription not worth it

Please move the servers to the EU.
    www.antioch-gaming.co.za
    Keep the PvP Alive
    Options