Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lifacs wrote: »
    It is not just the European Megaservers, it is NA as well.
    While this is troublesome, imagine getting double or triple, or even 6 times the lag? Yep, that's what we are getting. TBH, in 2014 no one should be getting lag over 50ms.

Options
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    1)Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    No , i haven't done that.

2)What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Romania , Bucharest

3)Who is your ISP?
    UPC // 100 MB/sec

4)Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    When activating abilities , there are some times delay in the acutal skill going off , if at all some times. In the VR PVE content areas this problem is happening more often, it can be in the world or in dungeons.
    Cyrodiil is sometimes unplayable because of this issue , i have times where my character freezes over for a few seconds and if i am engaged in combat , i end up dead.
    Options
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Because of the constant lag, the game feel unresponsive. There's no need to fill a report, we all know that it's just the distance. When the server lags, or when the Internet traffic with overseas is high (week-end) it just get worse...

When we move, thanks to the game engine, there's no lag because it's the client side who prevail. But as soon as we have interactions with the world or with players , we all experience a permanent high latency, with regular lag spikes. Since day one.

Asking us to fill a report is just a way to say:

"we still have not decided if we'll move the EU server to..EU as promised initially. For the time being, accept to pay the same price for a subpar service and an unresponsive game."
    Edited by grizzbi on April 30, 2014 8:06PM
    Options
  • Gordainthic

- no support ticket number
    - The Netherland, north brabant
    - UPC 200mb/s
    -experiencing extreme latency, While questing,cannot play in dungeon or pvp due to mac issue not solve.
    Options
  • Sinoby
    Sinoby
    ✭✭✭
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    No, CS seems too overloaded with other issues

What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Ukraine, Kiev

Who is your ISP?
    ZAT Industrial Media Network
    3472780888.png

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    Cyrodiil is very laggy lately. Delay of 2-5 seconds on activating abilities, mounting horse/going crouch etc. It seems that it is server-wide (judging by the zone chat). EU server, AB campaign. PvE was lagge on Apr 28-29. Lag was pretty bad - abilities taking longer then 1 sec to go off at times, after moving outside of red circle I still get damaged etc. Was better week before that (other then constant delay ~200-300ms on activating abilities). Weapon swap takes ages and feels extremely laggy. But it seems that it is common issue with weapon swap. My pings to server are in 160-200ms range.
    Options
  • Hav
    Hav
    Soul Shriven
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

No, in fact I'm still waiting for a reply from 2 weeks ago on a different issue SO I have zero trust in your customer lack of support.

UK South-east Hampshire

Who is your ISP?

Virgin

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

Mostly in Cyrodiil !!! To the point I'm thinking this game is UN Playable?

Options
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    Nope, no point since I know EU servers are not in EU.

Finland, Tampere

Who is your ISP?
    TeliaSonera (speed is 20/10)

In the proper dungeons, skills etc become delayed by 2-3sec and Cyro is very laggy(10+sec activation times when doing larger scale PvPing)
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
    Options
  • Crowtac
    Crowtac
    Nope, like poster above this would help of your european servers were actually in europe!

Uk , England south coast

Who is your ISP?
    B.T Fibre unlimited

Cryodiil is almost unplayable, skills take sometimes more than a second to activate, weapons swapping is a chore, entering and leaving buildings takes a longer than it should.
    Options
  • paradoxorganisationb16_ESO
    Should we just continue to post this every day until you get it? Move the EU server to EU!
    Options
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Now, my situation is a bit interesting here. I play from Hungary, but my location varies every few days (travel to GF, etc.) I have a constant mobile internet connection, which is restricted at this moment. I can play the game on a s**tty EDGE connection. Literally 30 kb/s is enough for both TS and the game. Minimal latency. Because of this, I tought it was my unique problem, and as such, I did not contact customer support.

(Let me state this here for EVERY player. I can play fine on a dumbed down mobile internet connection, which has not enough bandwith to load Facebook for Christ sake. World of Tanks wouldn't have allowed me even to log in, let alone play the game. This issue is most likely NOT connected to the physical location of the server. As a World of Tanks survivor, I can only encourage you guys to put your hands together and thank god for Zenimax's FABULOUS support. At least they don't laugh in your eyes after the game is unplayable for 2 weeks and give back 1 day of playtime, like Wargaming did. At best, they respond to every issue. Oh, and I WAS a paying WG customer. Until I left them. Forever :) )

This connection is Telenor Hungary mobile internet, and 90% of the time it's good. 10% of the time, I get lags, mainly during combat.

However, on any cabled internet provider, especially Magyar Telekom (15/5), and to a lesser extent, UPC (30/10), I experience serious lags in combat, and to a lesser extent, through exploration (harvesting is especially problematic). This is independent of my geographic location.

Alltogether, combat is a cardinal point, but otherwise the latency is not connected to any zone or event, it is pretty much random.
    Options
  • swamploard
    swamploard
    Soul Shriven
    Our entire PvP raid group sent a ticket each this week.

Sweden Stockholm

Who is your ISP?
    Bredbandsbolaget 250/100mb

It is mainly server delay. i run around at normal fps, but up to 10 sek delay on using skills. Mostly in Cyradill.
    And the loading screen problem whem you try to get in to Cyradill.... you can be stuck for 30 min if you are unlucky. restarting game and constant loading screen all the time.
    Options
  • Qazael
    Qazael
    Soul Shriven
    Instead of pretending to care by asking useless questions that won't help anyone, get a budget > move the server > profit (For the players, which is what you guys claim to care about)

- No seeing how the problem isn't on my end

- Sweden, Härnösand

Who is your ISP?

- Comhem: Download: 500Mbps, Upload: 50Mbps
    arruwgzzrstp.png

- Very random, mostly during peak hours
    Edited by Qazael on May 1, 2014 7:48AM
    Options
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

No.

Sweden, Boden.

Who is your ISP?

Bredbandsbolaget.

Questing, only happended a couple of times though not all the time.
    Options
  • Dexter
    Dexter
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    - No, not yet.
    What region are you playing the game in?
    - Germany, Duesseldorf
    Who is your ISP?
    - Unitymedia
    - It randomly occurs in all situations mentioned and naturally has the biggest negative influence on gameplay experience while in Cyrodil
    Options
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    - Not yet. I don't see much need to as I know it unfixable on my side.

- Swindon, England, UK, Europe, Earth. (Specific enough? :p )

Who is your ISP?
    - Virgin Media, Super Hub 2, 120mbps

- I get random lag spikes, in the whole game, about once every 2/3 hours where the game would freeze for 5-10 seconds.
    - I get combat lag from time to time in PvE and PvP.
    Options
  • Softdog
    Softdog
    [*] Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    - No, I was under the impresion that the EU server would be moved to the EU. I suppose most EU-players do but you might think otherwise.

[*] What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    - Sweden

[*] Who is your ISP?
    - Tele2

[*] Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?[/list]
    - All of the above.
    - The worst thing is that the game may run smooth for quite a while and all of a sudden mid fight no skills at all respond, all I can do is watch my char die and rage for a few seconds :). I saw in the latest patch notes that Nightblades had a bug like that for a particular spell/skill but I play as a templar and I have had that experience on most skills. Most frustrating is when im incapacitated with a full stamina bar and still can´t bash myself out of it.
    - The "all over lagfest" rarely happens bar from crowded areas like Cyrodiil keep fights or in public dungeons.
    - Then there are a few minor things like mounting a horse may make my char moving around like a standing statue with no horse in sight until 5-10 sec later.
    - Sometimes while moving and casting a spell at the same time the spell wont go off at all and I suppose that is because the game think my aiming is too far away from my target, but that might be a totally different issue.

Options
  • redeby
    redeby
    Soul Shriven
    - No

- Sweden, Stockholm

Who is your ISP?
    - Bahnhof (100/100Mbit, very low latency locally)

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?[/list]
    - Latency issues for all above and at times large latency spikes.
    - Cyrodiil large scale battles are more or less unplayable. Extreme latency of 5-10sec for abilities.
    Options
  • brysiu
    brysiu

No and I have no plans to do so. Really Zenimax, you were promising the EU server located in Europe, seriously, why are you even posting this kind of ridiculous poll?

Poland

Who is your ISP?

UPC, 60 mbps.

Yes, mostly Cyrodiil and during dungeon runs.

I'm posting it here, not because I believe in this "gathering data" BS - the main purpose it to show you ZOS the scale of the problem. Most of the EU gamers are aware of it and the only possible solution is - yes - moving the data center within the European territory. You won't fix it by improving the code for either dungeons or AvA for God's sake.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I've been having increasing problems which seem to be latency-related, resulting in skills not going off as intended, containers not opening and NPCs not talking to me. EU server, playing from Lisbon, Portugal, my IPS is ZON (100 mbit down, 8 mbit up).
    Options
  • Bleras
    Bleras
    - No ticket
    - Spain (Madrid)
    - ISP: Movistar 100mg Fibre 3ms latency
    3473653876.png

- Latency in Cyrodill 180-200 ms (unacceptable for a paid game). 2-5 sg skills lag
    - Latency in other games (gw2): 40-50 ms

Edited by Bleras on May 1, 2014 8:50AM
    Options
  • ugrub16_ESO
    1. Not yet.
    2. Italy.
    3. 3473743758.png
    4. Some huge lag spykes in PvE (usually no problems). In Cyrodiil normally a lot of lag, during sieges and when in large group unplayable....

Please Activate EU Megaserver in Europe as you promised in the past. Problems Solved.

And please stop doing mantenance and server udates/restarts/patch when in Europe is between 10.00 a.m. - 01.00 p.m. (i.e. when people actually want to play the game). If you do not want to work at night move these damn servers actually in Europe....
    Edited by ugrub16_ESO on May 1, 2014 10:42AM
    Options
  • Muggy
    Muggy
    ✭✭
    I just bought a dedicated server lease in the UK. This server was going to run my business website but I have decided I will 'call' it the EU ESO server. Unlike your server it is actually in the EU, but unfortunately calling it an ESO server won't make it one. Oh the irony! jk...please move server ASAP so I can resub and enjoy this game as it was intended...lag free.
    Options
  • Tahnor
    Tahnor
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    • I have probably bug reported a couple of times, not taking note of the ticket number though.

• Sweden, region of Skåne (southern Sweden)

Who is your ISP?
    • Comhem, 100MB/Sec

• During all kinds of combat, questing, dungeons or just exploring killing wolves. Mostly PVE, I am playing very little PVP.
    • Spells not responding as they should.
    • A specific spell, "Draining shot", more often than other spells respond extremely late - I am talking about several seconds, and at its best it responds after 1-2 seconds.
    • I have not noticed specific times or zones, and I don't remember when it started, but latency was not a problem at launch one month ago.

Edit: I just experienced some extreme latency during the boss fight in the Prismatic Core quest. Everything was lagging: movement, spells, sound effects, looting sounds, everything. Things happened several seconds after pressing the buttons. Completely unplayable.
    Edited by Tahnor on May 1, 2014 8:29PM
    Options
  • tim_barteneb17_ESO
    Still no answer from Zenimax.

Lets be real, the "few" posts here wont let them take any action though every european will probably experince this.
    Options
  • Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    atm i cant expirience anything on EU server, sorry.
    Options
  • invictius
    invictius
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number? No point.

What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area) London UK
    Who is your ISP? Sky Fibre 78MB/sec

Cyrodiil mainly the delay on weapon switching and spells etc firing is terrible getting sometimes about 3-5 sec delays. you need to get a europe megaserver runnning asap, we cannot play on a american megaserver in europe the ping must be over 200..

3473833642.png
    Edited by invictius on May 1, 2014 10:48AM
    Options
  • darkyie
    darkyie
    Make us believe you care and put EU servers in the EU - this would already help and be the most logical fix!
    Edited by darkyie on May 1, 2014 10:44AM
    Options
  • Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭

No because your support can't fix this and because waiting times for them to ''solve'' anything takes a lifetime.

Who is your ISP?

Serbian Broadband (SBB-Cable internet) http://www.sbb.rs/O+nama/329/Osnovni+podaci.shtml

All the time! Game freezes, clunky unresponsive ability activation time....Cyrodill....i won't even start on that one...

Solution: BRING THE EUROPEAN SERVER TO EUROPE ALREADY! This is only MMO in history of mankind with EU server being in USA or wherever!
    Options
  • deroyentz
    deroyentz
    Soul Shriven
    •Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

No - not as yet.

•What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

England - South West

•Who is your ISP?

British Telecom (Infinity 2 Superfast Fibre)

•Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

All of the above - but most prevalent in Cyrodiil in PVP when many players on screen concurrently.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number? No, why would I open a support ticket when its obvious we are getting lag due to the servers being in the middle of the desert half way across the planet!?

[*] What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area) Dielheim, Germany

[*] Who is your ISP? Kabel BW

[*] Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?I get lag all the time, everywhere I go. I tried Cyrodiil once and it was so laggy I wanted to throw my computer out the window......

Just for some information, I did a speed test to Houston texas. Here are the results.

3473836049.png

Now here are the results for Frankfurt, where the servers SHOULD BE FOR THE EU!

3473850946.png

Get your *** together ZM. This isn't rocket science.
    Edited by Jade1986 on May 1, 2014 11:01AM
    Options