Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• Snowballer23
    Archie wrote: »
    Other players movements are not fluent and jumpy. They all look like they all use micro sorcerer's bolts.
    Skills are delayed very noticably. This is probably the worst affect of lag. I have died many times because of skills delay. Opening conversations with npcs can take longer.
    In Cyrodiil, this gets much worse like 2x or 3x times. Sometimes the client stops there.

I got this problem too from patch 1.1.3 with ISP Alice Telecom from Italy. Before the 1.1.3 i don't experience this issue.
    Tonight i tried the program WTfast and it seems worked for me, no lag or freeze in 2h of play time. Before this program i tried everything, i sended 3 mails to the customer support too but they have not been able to tell me anything. I have come to the conclusion that this is a ZOS server side issue (cause other games i.e. Wildstar works fine for me) that they got to fix asap if they don't want to lose more players. Better they transfer the data center from USA to EU soon.
    Edited by Snowballer23 on June 11, 2014 10:08PM
    Options
  • Ausare
    Ausare
    I've tried WTFast and after looked at actual traceroute output. It appears that my ISP provider has gone from good to 800ms delays on the route to Zeimax.
    So if WTFast works for you, your provider does not.
    Options
  • Heinzy
    Heinzy
    ✭✭
    Did I miss something here? they want us to check our latency, OK...where's the latency? what is the command to show it in game?

Thank You
    Options
  • Ausare
    Ausare
    Try
    tracert launcher.bethesda.net

and check the time values along the route.
    Options
  • Snowballer23
    Ausare wrote: »
    I've tried WTFast and after looked at actual traceroute output. It appears that my ISP provider has gone from good to 800ms delays on the route to Zeimax.
    So if WTFast works for you, your provider does not.

I know that ISP in Italy sucks, but games like Wildstar and many others works fine and ESO pre 1.1.3 works too. I play mmo from years and I've never had this kind of problems with my ISP in the past. I think this is a server side problem that ZOS got to fix soon if they don't want to lose other players.

Edited by Snowballer23 on June 12, 2014 1:53PM
    Options
  • kingmat75
    kingmat75
    Soul Shriven
    i'm from italy too, aliceadsl, and can confirm that from italy, sometimes, there are routing problem to zos server (i do many traceroute in the last week).. i tried tonight with WTfast, and can confirm that now my connection is stable with a ping of 150-160, no disconnect, no lag from my isp, BUT.. i noticed an insane 3 minutes lag during a huge siege with 3 factions and hundred of people.. but in this case log say that is a server problem.

aniway WTfast help to have a not too bad performance.. but server when there are many large Group roaming and casting buff heal all the time.. have huge problem.
    Options
  • Snowballer23
    kingmat75 wrote: »
    i'm from italy too, aliceadsl, and can confirm that from italy, sometimes, there are routing problem to zos server (i do many traceroute in the last week).. i tried tonight with WTfast, and can confirm that now my connection is stable with a ping of 150-160, no disconnect, no lag from my isp, BUT.. i noticed an insane 3 minutes lag during a huge siege with 3 factions and hundred of people.. but in this case log say that is a server problem.

aniway WTfast help to have a not too bad performance.. but server when there are many large Group roaming and casting buff heal all the time.. have huge problem.

This, but i dunno why i had not this issue pre 1.1.3
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heinzy wrote: »
    Did I miss something here? they want us to check our latency, OK...where's the latency? what is the command to show it in game?

Thank You
    open resource monitor, go to tcp, then you will see eso.exe, and it will be around 180ms + latency most likely. They have stated the European servers will be migrated to the EU datacenters by the end of the summer, sadly, I fear that will be little too late.

Options
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

No You said it was fixed.

What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    UK - North East
    -
    Who is your ISP?
    BT 80meg fibre

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    Always PvP in Cyrodiil. Large groups lag the hell out of me. Offliners in groups also do the same. Also crashing my client (launcher is closed as well)

Thanks in advance for any information you’re able to share with us about this issue!
    Options
  • Mortalio
    Mortalio
    ✭✭
    Have i reach out to support team

Yes and the answear was plainly the fault is on my side and the Mega server do not have any issues

What region

Sweden

Who is your ISP

Telia 80 mb

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing latency

Everywhere questing moving fightin with key latency between 5 to 10 seconds
    Options
  • arghaii
    arghaii
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't have to do with ISP or region. This is what happens to me.
    I will play with minimal latency for couple weeks, totally lag free.
    Then after a maintenance, I will experience a full week of unplayable lag, high latency non-stop (seriously not even a moment of below 250ms not matter for how long or when I play). Nothing I try, even if I reinstall the game changes that. My buddies playing on same ISP a few blocks away will have no lag at all.
    Then the week goes, new maintenance comes, when I log back in I am lag free for 1-2 weeks. Then it will start again at random times, again a full week of high latency after a maintenance.
    This may sound weird, but I think the megaserver remembers me and picks me up even if I log back in after 2 days. I will still be lagging the same. It won't let me go until the maintenance and that's when I really get 100% disconnected from the server.
    I believe the megaserver is actually many servers working together? Maybe I get connected (dedicated connection account-wise) to a poorly performing server part while my buddies get connected to non problematic servers.
    Then this server will keep me attached (you know how even if your whole party logs, the party remains offline until you log back in) until a maintenance. After that, maybe one of my buddies lags for a full week while I am lag free. Then the new maintenance comes and a new dice roll ;)
    I think the problem is that there is no real 100% logging out, account disconnected from the server.
    Options
  • arghaii
    arghaii
    Soul Shriven
    PS: I would also like to add, that if during the lag week I switch to the US server, I can play without any lag. Latency below 60-70 ms. Then if I switch back to EU before the maintenance day, I will still be lagging.
    Options
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    -Not yes, no need to.

-Denmark Scandinavia

Who is your ISP?
    -TDC/Yousee 20mbit latency usually between 90-140

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    -Usually it seem to lag when I just get into the game for the first 5 minutes, other issues cyrodiil when heavy fights now and then alongside alot of others getting 'hiccups' happens now and then in different zones as well with or without many people around.

FPS keeps going around a 100 FPS, drops a little bit when doing group stuff

Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce 690 GTX 4GB memory
    CPU: Intel 6 Core (12 CPUS) I7-3930K 3.2GHz~5GHz LGA2011 Socket
    Ram: 16384
    O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    HDD: Samsung SSD EVO 750GB
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 CPU LGA2011 Socket
    CPU & GPU both water cooled

All drivers, firmware and more is up to date.
    Options
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    Yes I have. Ticket number: 140618-002746

Sweden

Who is your ISP?
    BoreNet 20Mb

Yes, 80% when I'm in a large group with people and the other 20% when I'm off alone in Cyrodiil. The game usually crash out to the login screen and when I am login in and entering Cyrodiil again it takes like 30 sec and then I crash out to the login screen again. I am around 90-100 fps all the time on custom high settings and sometimes it drops to like 40 fps for no reason at all. I'm not even around a large battle or in a group. It can happen when I'm in the "starting point" when you first enter Cyrodiil for the first time (from Ebonheart). Other than that, PvP is broken until the EU servers move to EU. Can't play PvP at all atm.
    Ebonheart Pact / European Server
    L50 Magicka Nightblade / PvP Executioner
    L50 Stamina Dragonknight / PvP/PvE DPS
    L50 Stamina Sorcerer / PvP/PvE DPS(?)
    L50 Magicka Templar / PvP Healer
    Don't ask help from me for any Group Dungeons or Trials...
    ... because I've never done any of that
    Options
  • yus911
    yus911
    Soul Shriven
    Archie wrote: »
    Other players movements are not fluent and jumpy. They all look like they all use micro sorcerer's bolts.
    Skills are delayed very noticably. This is probably the worst affect of lag. I have died many times because of skills delay. Opening conversations with npcs can take longer.
    In Cyrodiil, this gets much worse like 2x or 3x times. Sometimes the client stops there.

I got this problem too from patch 1.1.3 with ISP Alice Telecom from Italy. Before the 1.1.3 i don't experience this issue.
    Tonight i tried the program WTfast and it seems worked for me, no lag or freeze in 2h of play time. Before this program i tried everything, i sended 3 mails to the customer support too but they have not been able to tell me anything. I have come to the conclusion that this is a ZOS server side issue (cause other games i.e. Wildstar works fine for me) that they got to fix asap if they don't want to lose more players. Better they transfer the data center from USA to EU soon.

Options
  • yus911
    yus911
    Soul Shriven
    Tomsk, Russia
    150 MBit/sec
    since 1.2.4 I can't even seen my characters screen - login and password screen, 6-7 minutes looking at spinning TESO ring, overheating, shootdown..
    Thanks.
    I've finished my subscription..
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    yus911 wrote: »
    Tomsk, Russia
    150 MBit/sec
    since 1.2.4 I can't even seen my characters screen - login and password screen, 6-7 minutes looking at spinning TESO ring, overheating, shootdown..
    Thanks.
    I've finished my subscription..

Tried with your webcam on?

If it does not work, its probably because you store xx files in your desktop.
    Options
  • Soraellion
    Soraellion
    ✭✭✭
    Netherlands
    Ziggo

I keep DCing every hour or so (my internet connect is just fine during all that), then when I try to relog it won't let me for the next 20-30 seconds and THEN it'll let me in again.

Didn't have it before the server migration, I do not have any problems in any other games, I don't have packet loss nor weird latency spikes.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    140802-001309
    UK, Highland
    PlusNet

See the on going ticket list for instances, but it has been a lot better for me since Thursdays downtime, even though Level3s Frankfurt router (ae-4-90.edge3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.199]
    ) is still dropping 5-8% of all ICMP pings
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um, if you're having issues now, you might want to start a new thread. This thread was for issues the European server was having before it was moved.
    Options