Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• by_saidoeb17_ESO
    by_saidoeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having extreme latency right now, the game is unplayabe, and I refuse to provide info of my connection and location with the EU server in US. Move the EU servers to EU and then we can start to talk.
  • gamingb16_ESO10
    • Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
      Yes i tried, My Ticketnumber is 140425-049304
    • What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
      Germany, Nord-Rhein-Westfalen (Bielefeld)
    • Who is your ISP?
      Unitymedia Cable
    • Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
      I play PVE. I have the most problems in fight everywhere in Tamriel. No matter if in Dungeons or not.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So 1 month after early release now, and no sign of the servers being moved to where they SHOULD and NEED to be.....how long EXACTLY is the "initial" launch??????
  • stenos
    stenos
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    No, don't see how they could assist me as the issue seems specific to ESO.
    What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Netherlands
    Who is your ISP?
    Ziggo
    Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?
    Questing and Cyrodiil
    Edited by stenos on April 29, 2014 11:15PM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouble is, in the UK anyway, the popular ISPs are all over, not just in one part and one could be great in town A and problematic in town B.

I was with Virginmedia, I had their 100 Mbps cable service, but I got constant buffering with youtube and other things, about a year ago after months of them not being able to fix it, I moved to Sky and get 16 Mbps through overhead old phone wires, all my buffering problems dissapeared, it might take me longer to download, I might have a smaller upload, but it works perfectly.

I play ESO with no noticeable latency with Sky, even if others in the house are also say watching netflix and X box online gaming all at the same time.

But someone else will give the exact opposite, problems with sky, none with Virginmedia.

Virginmedia consists of almost every cable company in the UK having bought them all up over the years, with different hardware etc in place. Which is why where I live in 2014, while I have call line identification with Sky (can see which numbers calling before I answer), I still can't get it with Virginmedia due to the hardware used in my area.

And most non cable ISPs go through some part of BT at some point.

Whole system is a mess really.

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

No i haven't.

Norway, not far from Oslo

Who is your ISP?

Telenor

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

It happens randomly, but it happened most during the main quest solo quests.

And also in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Maotti on April 30, 2014 12:01AM
    PC EU
  • Shadollan
    Shadollan
    ✭✭
    I would not say.. that the problem are of the location of the server, or the internet connection is!

I think, it's the server load! The EU-Megaserver is Megafull ;)
    It plays on the EU-Megaserver twice as many people than on the NA-Megaserver!

IF I play on the NA-Server.. I do not have these problems. :/

Maybe we need more server capacity??

Or we waiting 2-4 weeks.. and half of the European are gone..
    Lag Problem solved! :D

I would recommend that the developers also play sometimes on the EU-Server,
    And not only on the NA-Server!

May you guys with the lag problems try to play on the NA-server?
    Would be interesting to know, if you still have lags...

regards
  • starshine123b16_ESO
    No, not until now.

Germany (Hesse, North)

Who is your ISP?
    1&1 - DSL 2300 (yep, I know, isn't that much, but there isn't more possible)
    -
    Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    No, seems to be a general problem all over the server. There are some times when it is ok, but there also times you aren't able to cast a spell or something else. 5 Minutes before I had a problem that I can't do anything except walking, so I did a relog and everything worked again...
  • Yorkie_gbr
    1) No
    2) UK
    3) Virgin 30mb
    4) Lag spikes inexcess of 15 seconds and being booted for flooding the server with input commands.
    Ashen
    [KDS] Keepers of the Darkside
    Fighting for the Dominion on [EU] Bloodthorn
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think these Muricans get just how bad the lag is for us in Europe. And the fact we literally have days till the free time ends i wonder how empty the eu megaserver will go.
  • KellieHusker
    KellieHusker
    ✭✭
    Support?: Not contacted support, as its fairly obvious this is not an individual person to person issue.

ISP: BT infinity

Speed test during lag spikes:
    3471202713.png

Additional information
    :
    General questing around the world. Had about a 7 second delay here and there, where I can run about but nothing is happening, then I take a ton of damage from mobs all at once as the server catches up.
    Edited by KellieHusker on April 30, 2014 6:13AM
  • iBigs
    iBigs
    • Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
      No
      Stockholm, Sweden
    • Who is your ISP?
      TeliaSonera
    • Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    Didn't play yesterday, but now (6:10am) I logged in and the interface and combat has severe lag issues. Logged off in Coldharbour after a couple of near deaths caused by lag while questing.
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

Finland, Espoo

Who is your ISP?
    DNA Welho (cable)

Combat mostly. The lag is worst in dungeons (both public and groups). Difficulty casting spells, they get "stuck" or don't launch and stay unresponsive. The weapon (staff) get's stuck. There is delay when pressing a button and the effects actually happening. This causes many un-necessary deaths and makes playing sometimes frustrating.

Crowded areas (cities etc) are also plagued by lag.

Edited by Calandrae on April 30, 2014 4:36AM
  • Grischu
    Grischu
    ✭✭

•Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

not yet

•What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

Switzerland, Bern

•Who is your ISP?
    Quickline 200MB/sec Cable

•Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

Open World, Login

• Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but is this a joke? Zenimax, do you not understand the inherent latency in transatlantic internet traffic in addition to the number of possible bottlenecks going up?

It doesn't matter where you live or what you're doing, you're still having a base latency of around 200ms, most likely upwards of 300. Then, you have a very large number of possible bottlenecks along the way that cause lag spikes. No amount of hand waving or magical thinking will ever fix that.

Stop being disingenuous about this issue Zenimax, everyone with half a brain knows exactly what you're doing with this thread here and, quite frankly, it's rather insulting.
  • gordonbennett
    gordonbennett
    ✭✭✭
    1. no
    2. UK
    3. Virgin-- but it's not their fault this time
    4. Just now 5.30am BST when most of the population are still in their lazy beds, so it's not a population issue.

Had frequent issues with login. Input lag was so poor it was very difficult to enter buildings or mount/dismount from horse. This was widely varied, but occurred both inside and outside buildings. Happened across all characters. NPCs took time to appear upon login.

Not been a problem until a couple of days ago and not been acute until this morning.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Hexi wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but is this a joke? Zenimax, do you not understand the inherent latency in transatlantic internet traffic in addition to the number of possible bottlenecks going up?

It doesn't matter where you live or what you're doing, you're still having a base latency of around 200ms, most likely upwards of 300. Then, you have a very large number of possible bottlenecks along the way that cause lag spikes. No amount of hand waving or magical thinking will ever fix that.

Stop being disingenuous about this issue Zenimax, everyone with half a brain knows exactly what you're doing with this thread here and, quite frankly, it's rather insulting.
    Agreed.

Posting this thread to "look for information" instead of giving us official news with the estimated time of the EU server move is downright insulting to the entire EU community. This is just stalling for time. Sure it may be the server that's having hiccups in many cases. But what's our information going to help with there? Its a server capacity issue, it cant keep up with client requests. Its nothing mysterious about it. Nor is it anything mysterious about 300-600ms ping being intolerable to play with.

Just move the server to the EU already, then start going through the server code to optimize the skill queue system.
  • dideldumdei
    dideldumdei
    ✭✭
    I am beginnin to doubt that there are 2 Servers at all. It more looks like one and they are trying to find out how much longer they can hide this Info, before they announce a "Servermerge" cause everything is fine and no Euro Server is needed....

I am also beginning to feel sorry for the money and effort I spent...

Give us a clear Statement and dont wait until the first Sub Money runs in, before presenting this stunning News!
  • Pinhead
    Pinhead
    ✭✭
      Not yet because this is not an Issue on my side. No Downloads active, no shared Internet Connection, no W-LAN, all needed Ports open etc.
      Germany, NRW
    • Who is your ISP?
      Unitymedia
      Connection Type: Cable
      Speed - Up:100Mbps Down:5Mbps
      All of them. 99,99% Ability delay 1-3/4/5 seconds for me. (I do not talk about "waiting for an Animation to end") I press a Skill button, see in the Action Bar that the Icon shows "Activated" but nothing happens.
      I nearly always have to press E twice to interact with Objects like Doors/Chests and so forth. Ping around 220. Also every 2nd or 3rd Mob will not die. He stands there for 1/2/3/4 seconds with 1-5% life and then he goes down.

Edited by Pinhead on April 30, 2014 5:43AM
  • Lauradana
    Lauradana
    ✭✭✭
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    Not yet

Germany Flensburg ( Border to Denmark)

Who is your ISP?
    1&1 16MB SDL

I am doing pure PvE atm (I am a real Alt. messy enjoying myself too much to be bothered with leveling) so it was mainly while questing where the lag hammer hit me in Grahtwood. Especially bad lag occured in Elden Root where I was frozen in time alot.
  • madg991prerb18_ESO
    So Im likely one of the few that HAVE contacted support regarding the lag, frankly Im not surprised with the response...

I'm sorry your having troubles on your journey traveler. Here is a quick fix solution for Lag base problems.
    Check this out and get back to me. I'm here to help to make your game play as enjoyable as can be. :)

Lag can have a variety of causes, many of which are outside player control and depend on the internet service provider, but there are a few things players can do to help their internet connection:
    • Stop any downloads, streams or filesharing apps that may be running in the background before playing the game.
    • Reduce the distance between the wireless router and the computer. The further the signal has to travel, the higher the ping.
    • Alternatively, connect the computer directly to the router through an ethernet cable. Wireless is convenient but it isn't ideal for lag-free gaming.
    • Add an exception for The Elder Scrolls Online in the computer's firewall and configure the router correctly for the game.
    • If necessary, try lowering the graphics settings of the game:

1. Launch The Elder Scrolls Online
    2. Use ESC to open the main menu, and select Settings on the left beneath the character's name.
    3. Under Video, find the Graphics drop-down menus.
    4. Choose settings that are lower than those at which the game shows signs of lag.
    5. Enter the game and see if performance improves.

You can also find this information in our knowledge base, which we consistently update with any changes. Use the following link for the most up-to-date information regarding your question:
    They have also requested the computer consultant files a number of times, to which I have had no response or solutions.

South Africa yes Im used to 200ms latency, but this is a joke. Often I have periods where I have to run away from fights as its the only thing I can do. All other skills non-responsive
    Who is your ISP?
    Mweb, 10mb/s
    I dont go to Cyrodiil or dungeons anymore as its impossible to play.
    Cities or populated areas are specifically bad, but sometimes even running around in the open environment.

• Santera
    Santera
    -No
    -Russia, Moscow
    Who is your ISP?
    -Cifra1, 100 mb/s
    -FPS sometimes drops below 10 in crowded towns and I cannot move at all. Sometimes skills and potion buttons became non-responsive to presses during combat and my character dies.
    -Sometimes I need to quit the game and re-log for quest NPC/quest mark to appear.
  • Rhynchelma
    Not bothered contacting Support, often as not they don't actually read the ticket, just send an often irrelevant "answer".

Still waiting for responses for several tickets.

UK
    Sky
    6M rock solid

I get profound lag walking around Vulkel Guard. 30+ seconds to open a Bookshelf when the area was empty. Interacting with NPC can take a prolonged time for a response. Log on displaying bank and guild bank contents. Frequent loading screen delays. Less frequent disconnection errors.

That's not to mention the less than reasonable Apple Mac client which seems to have a built-in crash every hour or so.

Not the service that I should reasonably expect.

I'm not so sure that a simple move of the EU server to a EU site is going to fix all the problems as people seem to think. Will it be staffed or will it have to be remotely controlled? Not sure if you're ready for that. May be wrong…
  • Silverion
    Silverion
    ✭✭
      No
      It hit me wherever i was in Slovenia and Italy
    • Who is your ISP?
      at last on 4 separate ISP
      Cyrodiil is worst, in most cases resulting in disconnecting just before encounter with big enemy group, it happen to ALL MY RAID when we encountered 2 or 3 enemy raids at once!

i start running around all is frozen and i run over enemy group that is just cut somewhere in middle and after some point there is no enemy but i can still encounter frozen NPC, meaning that client lost connection while transferring enemy clothing data?

On PVE map it happened when i run over mad and just at some moment i notice everything is frozen, only solution is to relog and then all work normally, it look like server and client just go out of sinchro
    [/quote]
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try moving the EU megaserver to the EU...?

Sounds more like they are trying to find 'explanations' for the lag to tell people afterwards that the NA server is not the issue, so they don't need to put up an EU server.
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say this but this mmo is not worth the 13 euro a month.
    Way to many downtimes and way to many things that frustrate the hell out of you.
    And it happens alot, i mean realy ALOT.

Events we do with guild makes it tedious as lag and crashes happen every 5 mintutes making a simple raid for fun like a skyshard run a horrible expierience.

Loading screen after loading screen its crash crash crash.
    I realy regret once again buying a product that is half of what it was advertised.
    We are paying to play a damn beta game.....

Cant wait for Archeage....there i said it.
  • dideldumdei
    dideldumdei
    ✭✭
    Reduce the distance between the wireless router and the computer. The further the signal has to travel, the higher the ping.

Best Support Answer ever. So its the 5 metres between the Router and the Computer and not the 3000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean. Interesting! I will try that when the Servers back up.
    Edited by dideldumdei on April 30, 2014 6:17AM
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to put it out there that for the past month, I've had almost no latency issues, apart from chat lag (no more) and a few lag spikes (about a dozen minor and one biggun).

Isp: Swisscom/bluewin
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginnin to doubt that there are 2 Servers at all. It more looks like one and they are trying to find out how much longer they can hide this Info, before they announce a "Servermerge" cause everything is fine and no Euro Server is needed....

I am also beginning to feel sorry for the money and effort I spent...

Give us a clear Statement and dont wait until the first Sub Money runs in, before presenting this stunning News!

If player would be consequent, they would cancel there sub, if enough do it the most Publisher react fast, as long as the money rolls they do nothing in a fast way :D
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket: Not submitted yet and probably wont since it will not help anyway.
    Region: Central Russia.
    ISP: MTS. 190 ping. Also I try some kind of battleping soft with different server location (EU (20 ping to their servers), north USA, south USA, west USA, africa etc) - all the same
    Occurence: Can be anywhere, but mostly in mass fight of cirodiil.

MOVE EU to EU. We bought preorder and chose EU server to play. Why we should to play with 10 seconds delays on weapon switching and with no reaction on skill use?