Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• Zentara
    Zentara
    Had been enjoying playing earlier in the week, but lag has got worse as the week has progressed - this morning I've given up as everything keeps freezing - PvE lowish level (Stonefalls and Stros M'Kai). Playing Cyrodil yesterday was difficult because enemies, as well as players on my side, didn't appear until almost on top of me. Please, please fix soon... it's getting tiresome and annoying, really messing up what is otherwise a great game :(

(UK, Virgin Media 60mb; no problems with other MMOs, regardless of where the server is located)
    Edited by Zentara on May 16, 2014 5:34PM
    Options
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

Nope. What's an autoreply going to solve?

What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

Sweden, Stockholm.

Who is your ISP?

Comhem 1000mbit/s

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

It's random for me.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalriaden wrote: »
    Just letting all you guys in europe know we all get the same massive delay in cyrodiil being in the states on the na server, as well as the occasional in pve. More then likely that is the reason for the post as it all isnt as simple as your latency and moving the server to EU.

How could you know?

Did you try coming to Europe just to play in a server in the other side of the world?

Maybe you are having issues with the NA server being located in NA... but just stop the *** about "we all have the same issues".

No, we all do not have the same issues. Some of us have a server in their same continent, others dont. Maybe you should blame the pathetic NA internet infrastucture in half the country instead of relating it to location issues.
    Options
  • Rashanitsu
    Rashanitsu
    Soul Shriven
    Im install Battleping (subscribtion - just about 5 dollars/month) and lags disappeared)
    Recommend as solution
    Edited by Rashanitsu on May 16, 2014 7:46PM
    Options
  • Sangeet
    Sangeet
    ✭✭✭
    • Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
      No, did not try that, the reason is too obvious, when will the server be in Frankfurt ? ETA?
    • What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
      Germany , Frankfurt
    • Who is your ISP?
      Unity Media, 100 Mbit Cable
    • Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

In all occassions, solo PVE, dungeon PVE, Cyrodil is the worst expierience of course.
    Also some skills worsen the lag, like Ambush from the Nightblade.

Thanks in advance for any information you’re able to share with us about this issue!
    [/quote]

Thanks for bringing the EU Server to EU, now that you recieved 80€ for Imperial Edition, and 3 Month subscription fee, thats a lot of money for a digital game.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rashanitsu wrote: »
    Im install Battleping (subscribtion - just about 5 dollars/month) and lags disappeared)
    Recommend as solution
    So we should install a third party program in order to get the game to function properly that we ALREADY pay 15 euro a month for to work properly? Yeah, that's a stupid solution.

Options
  • hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Recommend as solution
    So we should install a third party program in order to get the game to function properly that we ALREADY pay 15 euro a month for to work properly? Yeah, that's a stupid solution.

and it will work because they got faster then light signals.

its physical impossible to get the lag because of distance go away.

exept by getting rid of the physical distance
    Options
  • Blackzombie
    Blackzombie
    Soul Shriven
    Move the server to the EU problem solved also i have reached out and all i get is stock answers and then i get no more replies ,i play other online games Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 and i have no issues whatsoever ,so please stop trying to tell me the problem is my end when we all know it's where the server is located .
    Edited by Blackzombie on May 18, 2014 8:45AM
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the server to the EU problem solved also i have reached out and all i get is stock answers and then i get no more replies ,i play other online games Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 and i have no issues whatsoever ,so please stop trying to tell me the problem is my end when we all know it's where the server is located .

Somehow I get the impression the just don't give a flying duck. That is because they already have our money for the game purchase (in my case $106 and some odd cents.) Besides its my fault for assuming that when I gave them my card info they were smart enough to use it correctly. They could still make things right but the fact that the other threads about their billing practices are being deleted or buried leads me to believe that they don't care about their customers and that they want to attract a whole new group of people to abuse and kick to the curb when they are done taking them for whatever they can.
    Edited by Iago on May 18, 2014 11:27AM
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    •What region are you playing the game in?
    Sweden

•Who is your ISP?
    Bredbandsbolaget 24mb

•Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

Cyrodiil, sometimes in instances, basicly more populated areas with alot of effects.

I also have general stuttering in combat, people in hidden state in cyrodiil stutters, game freezes completly (chat works) in bigger fights in Cyrodiil.
    Game can get huge laggpikes in Cyrodiil where enemies moves slowly, then moves in rapidspeed over large areas.
    One second its just you at one area, then your dead with 5 enemies standing ontop of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-7U3OtRqA&feature=player_embedded
    Edited by Selodaoc on May 18, 2014 3:25PM
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hauke wrote: »
    Recommend as solution

and it will work because they got faster then light signals.

its physical impossible to get the lag because of distance go away.

exept by getting rid of the physical distance
    So I have to pay an extra 60 dollars a year because they cant get their *** together and move their "EU" servers to Frankfurt as they said they would after the initial launch, which is quite over now. No thanks. That's a really dumb solution. Even if it works, you are getting royally screwed....twice....

Options
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    EU Server just hit by a massive lag spike just now.
    Options
  • Zentara
    Zentara
    As above - early Monday morning is the time you least expect lag but I'm getting hit by freezing every few seconds. Impossible to play. This in Stros M'Kai. Dread to think what it's like in Cyrodil :(

Hope ZOS are reading these comments - some feedback from the devs would be helpful. Please? Thank you in advance...
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems they are really trying to sweep this under the rug atm. They will NEVER fully defeat gold sellers, WoW hasn't, SWTOR hasn't, and ESO wont. If they wait to move the EU servers until they "defeat" the gold sellers and bots, we will never get the EU servers in their proper location.
    Options
  • Don_X
    Don_X
    Soul Shriven
    I don't think this issue is confined to EU server. I play on NA server from UK and guild members in NA zones still have problems in Cyrodil

For my part, fps issues are still a concern in Cyrodill. It seems to have gotten worse lately. On Saturdays all call (5/17/14) it was dropping to 10fps and lower. I re-set graphics to minimum, but that only made the graphics fuzzy, and fps was still the same as graphics on high. Still headroom on my CPU usage and RAM too; so it suggests to me that the problem stems from the server. At launch, and up to a couple of weeks ago I could get a playable 18fps during large zerg encounters (and before you ask , my drivers are up to date)

On average I get 45fps, and can peak at 100fps in quiet zones.

3509940734.png
    Options
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    Did you try coming to Europe just to play in a server in the other side of the world?

Maybe you are having issues with the NA server being located in NA... but just stop the *** about "we all have the same issues".

No, we all do not have the same issues. Some of us have a server in their same continent, others dont. Maybe you should blame the pathetic NA internet infrastucture in half the country instead of relating it to location issues.

He's right though. I don't know how you are sure we DON'T have the same problems. I'm from EU aswell, experiencing the "same issues us Europeans have".

Everybody is saying "move the server to EU = fixed" but I can tell you 100% this will not solve a thing. Not a thing

The delay and latency problems lie within ZOS' own servers and program code. As a System Engineer/Administrator I can assure you that moving the servers to EU would have you drop perhaps 40ms of your 200+ usual latency. The reason they are still not moving the servers is because ZeniMax wants to remove most gamebreaking/serverside issues & bugs.

Believe me, we'd be having much more issues if they moved the server here at the start. Updates wouldn't go through regularly, NA would get issues fixed but EU would have others popping up, resulting in them having to work with the "delay". Fixing a server nearby > fixing one on the other side of the world.

IF YOU WANT A DECENT, INTELLIGENT EXPLANATION I'D SUGGEST YOU READ ONTO THIS NEXT ARTICLE ON REDDIT:
    RIGHT HERE
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jowrik wrote: »

He's right though. I don't know how you are sure we DON'T have the same problems. I'm from EU aswell, experiencing the "same issues us Europeans have".

Everybody is saying "move the server to EU = fixed" but I can tell you 100% this will not solve a thing. Not a thing

The delay and latency problems lie within ZOS' own servers and program code. As a System Engineer/Administrator I can assure you that moving the servers to EU would have you drop perhaps 40ms of your 200+ usual latency. The reason they are still not moving the servers is because ZeniMax wants to remove most gamebreaking/serverside issues & bugs.

Believe me, we'd be having much more issues if they moved the server here at the start. Updates wouldn't go through regularly, NA would get issues fixed but EU would have others popping up, resulting in them having to work with the "delay". Fixing a server nearby > fixing one on the other side of the world.

IF YOU WANT A DECENT, INTELLIGENT EXPLANATION I'D SUGGEST YOU READ ONTO THIS NEXT ARTICLE ON REDDIT:
    RIGHT HERE

So you are from EU experiencing the same issues EU players have?

Congratulations, and sorry I ran out of medals.

Calling doom upon the updates delay a different server location would have might be the stupidest thing in the "how playing from the other side of the world is always better" talk.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RIGHT HERE
    Lag to US servers on SWTOR which is located in Dallas - 200 MS or more. Lag to EU servers on SWTOR located in Ireland - 15 MS, yeah, that is not a difference of 40. That is over 10 times WORSE.

Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

RIGHT HERE
    Lag to US servers on SWTOR which is located in Dallas - 200 MS or more. Lag to EU servers on SWTOR located in Ireland - 15 MS, yeah, that is not a difference of 40. That is over 10 times WORSE.

Its so stupid it doesnt deserve an answer. The whole argument is a holly bunch of shtako.
    Options
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »
    How could you know?

Well, I don't have to travel to Europe to see, as my guild has people in Australia, Britain, and Denmark to name a few countries. Yet somehow when the people in Australia, Britain and Denmark are lagging those in Canada, California, Texas, and whatever other states our members are in are lagging as well.

Not sure why some of you are in such a snit about it. I honestly hope you get your server soon and feel you should have had it at release, but once again it's not going to be a cure all for the massive spikes you get in game. Allegedly superior infrastructure or not.
    I play a lot of games, none of them get spikes like this, there is a server issue that odds are will be in a EU server as well that lags the game, period.
    ping_zps020704eb.png
    Edited by Dalriaden on May 20, 2014 6:07AM
    Options
  • Arragnox
    Arragnox
    During early evening and on peak times for EU I have found that I can get to US, but it stops at ae-82-82.csw3.washington1.level3.net or ae-81-81.ebr1.washington1.level3.net for me. It will not go past that and everything times out. Should i get past I go from 174ms on average starting from ae-7-7.ebr1.dusseldorf1.level3.net and it jumps to 500ms+ to any routing beyond the washington entry point.

I have also reported this to my isp. This comes on top of the lag I reported earlier when in Cyrodill even in off-peak times.

- Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    - No, as in there isn`t much they can do about in-game lag
    - What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    - Norway, central location
    - Who is your ISP?
    - Telenor
    - Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    - Mostly while in Cyrodill and prime example was yesterday prime time. I had been playing for a while in Cyrodill and peak time arrived and lag started to occur, for all of us it seemed in chat, but for me I was booted to login screen an got alternat Error 200 and 201 all the time. Did a tracerout and it stopped dead on the washington entry point. Could not connect back for the rest of the evening.

As previously said; When and if I get past washington, thats when I get huge lag spikes or disconnect all togethere. This is how it looks when off peak;

zenimax-med.edge2.dallas1.level3.net (4.71.220.10) 172.536 ms !X 172.398 ms !X 172.973 ms !X - No problems reach though a bit high ping, which is to be expected.
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    How could you know?

Well, I don't have to travel to Europe to see, as my guild has people in Australia, Britain, and Denmark to name a few countries. Yet somehow when the people in Australia, Britain and Denmark are lagging those in Canada, California, Texas, and whatever other states our members are in are lagging as well.

Not sure why some of you are in such a snit about it. I honestly hope you get your server soon and feel you should have had it at release, but once again it's not going to be a cure all for the massive spikes you get in game. Allegedly superior infrastructure or not.
    I play a lot of games, none of them get spikes like this, there is a server issue that odds are will be in a EU server as well that lags the game, period.
    ping_zps020704eb.png

Ok, now its time for you to learn the difference between having issues and:
    Dalriaden wrote:
    Just letting all you guys in europe know we all get the same massive delay in cyrodiil being in the states on the na server, as well as the occasional in pve. More then likely that is the reason for the post as it all isnt as simple as your latency and moving the server to EU.

Thanks for the input, but you didnt make a valid point to your previous statement yet.

So, no. We are not all having the same issues.

In fact, you are showing 300ms LAGSPIKES while people in EU use to play with an average delay near those 300ms (most of them over 200ms 99% time).

Got it? So please stop the stupid we all got the same issues, theyll move the server and it wont help you people at EU. Its utterly ridiculous.
    Edited by Akhratos on May 20, 2014 11:32AM
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its really amazing how people claim to be tech experts and whatnot, and have so little clue....
    Options
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    Got it? So please stop the stupid we all got the same issues, theyll move the server and it wont help you people at EU. Its utterly ridiculous.
    Never once did I say that.
    I said it's not going to solve all the issues in Cyrodiil which you don't address, and quite frankly can't because I'm right.
    Its really amazing how people claim to be tech experts and whatnot, and have so little clue....
    Please point out where I once claimed to be a tech expert? Oh wait, you cannot, however you once again completely dodged my raised point.

There is an easy fix, play Wabbajack this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and when the server hiccups and there are 100+ lag comments in zone take a census. If everyone whom is lagging is in EU then you're right, however most of them are in NA and when you guys are lagging in Cyrodiil we're lagged out as well because it is a server side issue that has nothing to do with latency, and an EU server won't solve, unless they have the issue(s) sorted out in 1.1 or whatever patch by the time they open the EU server.

My post's have been about the lag in Cyrodiil that was mentioned multiple times and how it affects everyone. Not about how you guys have a high latency and die to skeevers because you didn't know you got dismounted.
    Maybe you care to explain why that is so complicated to understand or why you both circle around this point?
    Since you won't, you can continue with the ad hominems and continue to ignore my actual point while drolly making snarky comments that have nothing to do with the issues in Cyrodiil and how they're a server problem.
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said it's not going to solve all the issues in Cyrodiil which you don't address, and quite frankly can't because I'm right.
    Please point out where I once claimed to be a tech expert? Oh wait, you cannot, however you once again completely dodged my raised point.

There is an easy fix, play Wabbajack this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and when the server hiccups and there are 100+ lag comments in zone take a census. If everyone whom is lagging is in EU then you're right, however most of them are in NA and when you guys are lagging in Cyrodiil we're lagged out as well because it is a server side issue that has nothing to do with latency, and an EU server won't solve, unless they have the issue(s) sorted out in 1.1 or whatever patch by the time they open the EU server.

My post's have been about the lag in Cyrodiil that was mentioned multiple times and how it affects everyone. Not about how you guys have a high latency and die to skeevers because you didn't know you got dismounted.
    Maybe you care to explain why that is so complicated to understand or why you both circle around this point?
    Since you won't, you can continue with the ad hominems and continue to ignore my actual point while drolly making snarky comments that have nothing to do with the issues in Cyrodiil and how they're a server problem.

You are unable to understand.

Your only options are having or not having issues.

In top of usual lagspikes and poor high-load performance in Cyrodil, people in europe are experiencing an average, continuous lag that is almost as high as your lagspikes.

There are degrees in the bad performance we all experiment. You are very quick to claim whar we yave in eu (the same as NA?) yet quite slow to understand it.

Id pay for having your ocassionals 300ms spikes. Thats with a 300Mbps symmetric fiber connection, may I ask yours?
    Edited by Akhratos on May 20, 2014 4:43PM
    Options
  • viktorcodeneb18_ESO
    I think this thread had enough of personal attacks. We all are in the same boat. If someone seems not to understand something, please, explain in details instead of bringing forth your accusation on the lack of intelligence.
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread had enough of personal attacks. We all are in the same boat. If someone seems not to understand something, please, explain in details instead of bringing forth your accusation on the lack of intelligence.

I made no point about any lack of intelligence in my post.

I said he was unable to understand, either because he seems not aware of eu players issues (lagspikes of 300ms?) or because he deprecate the difference between experiencing 300ms spikes or having it all the time, with ocassional 800-900ms lagspikes.

Anyways I agree its been enough.
    Options
  • agvipostab16_ESO
    @Zenimax: Stop calling it "European Megaserver" is misleading advertising.

ettlj8.jpg

Do you think we can play with an average 200ms latency in a action RPG where is supposed to dodge and parry enemies attacks?

I will cancel my subscription for next month, and wait for a EUROPEAN server.

(Don't misunderstand me... is a great game, i like it. But simply, in this condition, i can't play.)
    Edited by agvipostab16_ESO on May 20, 2014 7:53PM
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people, though my hopes ain't high, might be a tad bit more forgiving, if there actually was any kind of acknowledgement to this 14 pages long thread. It's been more than three weeks and nothing has changed, nor has anyone told when, how and if something might change. No word on server move, either.

The "shortly after release" period has already ended for quite a few and there are less and less each day that are willing to wait. No wonder, if people are being kept in the dark. This is inacceptable.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please point out where I quoted you....oh yeah.....I didn't......if I am talking directly to you I will quote you, otherwise I am making a general statement .

Options