The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Since Zenimax has destroyed DKs to the point of unplayability....

Ragnar_Lodbrok
Ragnar_Lodbrok
✭✭✭✭✭
How about a free class change? Its clear through all your patch choices that you want to kill off DKs in favor of light armor wearing, staff using sorcs. Long live Everbody's Sorcerers Online
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad petitions are not allowed or i would start one for DKs.

SERIOUSLY!!! :#
  • concobar
    concobar
    ✭✭✭
    How about a free class change? Its clear through all your patch choices that you want to kill off DKs in favor of light armor wearing, staff using sorcs. Long live Everbody's Sorcerers Online

DKs are still better and more desired in endgame groups than NBs or Temps.
    I will still look across the lands from my perch at Arrius, Nerf or no I will still be the Night. I may not be the hero Ebonheart Pact wanted but I will be the hero Ebonheart pact deserves.
  • Genada
    Genada
    ✭✭✭
    It could be worse, you could be a Templar trying to kill a Troll.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Genada wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could be a Templar trying to kill a Troll.

Im a dk tank trying to kill a normal vr mob in less than 3 minutes. We got *** over again.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hehehe , yeah right , they will give you DKs one , even if they gave none to templars/NBs all this time :P.

Be glad DKs were completely OP for 2+ months and are still in a better place templars are.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on June 3, 2014 11:47PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • LordEcks
    LordEcks
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are such drama queens.

All they changed was two ultimates? If that is what takes DK from the top of the pack to being worthless then the class had more issues than any of us realized.

I think you should get a free class change. To Templar. Spend a week playing that and then you'll actually have something to come to the boards and *** about.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Try templar or stfu.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordEcks wrote: »

All they changed was two ultimates? If that is what takes DK from the top of the pack to being worthless then the class had more issues than any of us realized.

I think you should get a free class change. To Templar. Spend a week playing that and then you'll actually have something to come to the boards and *** about.

Templars do more dps than DK tanks. Resto staff users do more. Its not just two tanking ultimates that got nerfed, its 1h & s, blocking, talons nerfed x2, inhale nerfed, fiery grip nerfed coming up. We dont have anything that hasnt been nerfed to glass.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a class change TO a DK..... Convert my templar to a DK in a heartbeat!

DK are still way more powerful then a templar. I even started a new DK and leveling it fast, so much better then a templar. DK dps is insane.

DK are a little less at tanking now, but still can't get any group with my templar being the tank or dps and they only need one healer.
    Edited by Natjur on June 3, 2014 11:51PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    you should have prepared yourself for a fix of all the exploited class glitches of dks, you knew it was coming and could have been leveling up other skills in prep. now you are in the same boat if not still better then the other classes. i feel for you, i really do. I also would have enjoyed playing a god mode class
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordEcks wrote: »

Hehehe , i agree with this one.

All DKs should be allowed to move to templar and templar alone , i want to see how many would dare :P.

And no take backs btw.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf!? You're complaining about ppl doing more damage than DK tanks?

Does more than .00015% of your brain function?

Tanks are not DPS.

DPS are not tanks.

Now that we cleared that up... Enjoy your day.
    Edited by bg22 on June 3, 2014 11:52PM
  • Genada
    Genada
    ✭✭✭
    I would still trade my Templar for your DK. Really I would.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a DK tank I CAN NOT SOLO VR CONTENT. NOT EVEN 1V1 ON ANYTHING. yes DK tanks are op.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are still the best class BY FAR, so I have no idea what the OP is talking about. I assume just trolling.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a DK tank I CAN NOT SOLO VR CONTENT. NOT EVEN 1V1 ON ANYTHING. yes DK tanks are op.

Lololololololololololol

You're making my sides hurt... Stop.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only different now, is a DK tank does less dps then a Templar in a dps build.

A DK Tank still does more DPS then a Templar Tank (both sword and board)
    A DK dps build still does WAY more DPS then a Templar in dps build.

In the past, a DK Tank (defense build) did more DPS then a templar in 100% dps build. Which was insane, why would a non-dps build be better then the best templar dps build.

In summary, the DK TANK build is no longer also the best DPS build

Edited by Natjur on June 3, 2014 11:58PM
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    The only different now, is a DK tank does less dps then a Templar in a dps build.

I'm actually not sure about that even. ;)

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a DK i can be honest and say they needed a nerf. However, i do not understand why a defensive ultimate such as Magma armour needed to be nerfed. In PvP most players with any common sense simply kite,bolt away then return after you've wasted your ultimate.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    As a DK i can be honest and say they needed a nerf. However, i do not understand why a defensive ultimate such as Magma armour needed to be nerfed.

I didn't understand that either. It's not a huge nerf but, I agree, it puzzled me.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know Sorcs are next as well as light armor and destro/restro (at least restro as dps) to follow.
  • Sayaddina
    Sayaddina
    Soul Shriven
    Deep Breath + Talons + Block = ~ 700dps. All you have to do is not stand in *** and it's fine.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    However, i do not understand why a defensive ultimate such as Magma armour needed to be nerfed. In PvP most players with any common sense simply kite,bolt away then return after you've wasted your ultimate.
    Well, not many people have common sense. 'Big glowy circle on the ground? Let me stand in it. My opponent have swirly things around them that says 'much harder to hurt while active? Let me keep wasting magicka and stam on them!'
    Edited by Sihnfahl on June 4, 2014 12:03AM
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe there is so little skilled players in this game, or at least, on these forums.
    DKs been making jokes bout templars and NBs since day one, my Nb is in vet7 and still soloing, just rolled a templar and to make things worse with stamina build just for extra giggles.
    Now DKs got downsized to be less godmode and the amount of crying is just ... WTF? And im laughing with the huge amount of light armor stave alts running around in lowby zones.
    You really believe you are gonna be godmode till the end of days in this game or what?
    Cant wait for the "OMG THEY NERFED STAVES" *** on forums
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Cant believe there is so little skilled players in this game, or at least, on these forums.
    DKs been making jokes bout templars and NBs since day one, my Nb is in vet7 and still soloing, just rolled a templar and to make things worse with stamina build just for extra giggles.
    Now DKs got downsized to be less godmode and the amount of crying is just ... WTF? And im laughing with the huge amount of light armor stave alts running around in lowby zones.
    You really believe you are gonna be godmode till the end of days in this game or what?

I just hope they wont nerf the magicka regen that the healing staff charge atk got.

Being a templar that does come in handy.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »

I just hope they wont nerf the magicka regen that the healing staff charge atk got.

Being a templar that does come in handy.

Its all part of balancing the game though, right? In the end it is the same right? Gee wouldn't it be nice if templars hadn't lost all their regeneration mechanics in beta? This is why I have always advocated fixing broken classes and skills before major balancing commences. Staves and light armor will be nerfed before templars and nightblades are working. But its all the same in the end, no big deal.
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    by unplayable u mean on par with other classes right?

typical DK, now that u cant own everyone and everything and things require more skill and thought its "unplayable"

typical dk is typical
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭

Gratz, you have been nominated for the biggest troll awards.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced leaders in PvP are still asking for DKs when looking to build groups. They aren't at all unplayable. Standard is still hitting for a ton more damage in faster time than many other ultimates and talons is still being spammed. We'll still probably see DKs and Sorcs making up most of the top spots in Trials and PvP leaderboards. The class is OP, you knew nerfs were coming.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC