Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• Bunku
    Bunku
    Soul Shriven
    [*] Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    Nope, did not bother.

[*] What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Finland, Tampere

[*] Who is your ISP?
    Sonera

[*] Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?
    All the time, everywhere.

[*] Do you really think we will get the server to EU anytime. (SoonTM)
    Nope.

[*] What were your actions seeing this soonTM stuff and constant new bugs.
    Cancelled my subscription until server is in the EU and game actually works better than most beta games. Game that needs to have reactive play cant have lag / skill lag like this. Makes the gameplay experience total shieat.

Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

No, whats the point? The servers are in the EU and you know this - you also know that this will inherently bring lag issues. I'll pass on jumping through hoops when you know the reaons to why there is lag.

What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

The UK, York

Who is your ISP?

SKY

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

There are too many to name. Its a laggy game on some (of varying degrees) level across the board for all EU users. I can say such a sweeping statement adamantly because the servers are NOT in the EU. Its about time you give a time table of some kind, and no, "later" doesn't count.

Options
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to play much since the latest patch. Bugs and lag. I managed to play 10 minutes today without my game going crazy.

Maybe we'll get couple days extra playtime because of these issues.
    Been playing since betas 2014
    Options
  • Djursnerb16_ESO
    Djursnerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

- No. I doubt that they will be able to help with regards to latency.

- Aalborg, Denmark, EU

Who is your ISP?

- Telia, 20MB/S

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?

- Primetime and during PvP. My latency is 160 - 200 when the lag occurs.

While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

- In Cyrodiil. It happens whenever I fight a guy in the forrest, during big PvP battles, really at any time.

Options
  • Grimfargo
    Grimfargo

Nope.

Austria

Who is your ISP?

Telekom Austria/A1 (8mb)

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

I have no problems with the PvE Content. no disconnects so far.
    But Cyrodiil is unplayable
    I transfer to Cyrodiil and in less than 5 minutes disconnect. The timeperoid of logging in and being disconnected is becoming shorter with every login attempt
    I got killed today and dont even have the time to resurrect anymore, because I lose connection so fast.
    Options
  • c6603
    c6603
    I have been disconnected two times while questing today, the game is almost unplayable since the patch.
    Its like the character runs in water(no not a argoname) with the skills.
    Move the server to EU where it belong.
    I unsubscribed before the patch and i dont regret it.
    Options
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭

- Aalborg, Denmark, EU

Who is your ISP?

- Telia, 20MB/S

- In Cyrodiil. It happens whenever I fight a guy in the forrest, during big PvP battles, really at any time.

Where do you see your latency? Is it any ingame?
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday during prime time, the game was unplayable when I faced more than two or three enemies. Today, after the maintenance and during low load hours, I ran solo through a low level group dungeon without experiencing lag hell.

It was still laggy, and the abilities in the bar were often disabled for no reason, took up to a second to activate and often seemed to fail to do damage, but at least it was possible to fight groups of a dozen wimpy enemies. Yesterday it would have meant seeing almost nothing of the fight, and then getting a death recap listing five hits from enemies I couldn't even see, much less counter, dodge or block in a timely fashion.

My ISP is not the problem. I have a very good 100/100 fiber connection, and I see this lag problem even on my work computer with 1Gbit/s connection and a bandwidth and ping to the outside world that would make most people drool with envy. The problem is that the server is on a different continent.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »

- Aalborg, Denmark, EU

Who is your ISP?

- Telia, 20MB/S

Open Resource monitor. Go to TCP connections, and under eso.exe you will see it. Obviously you will want to minimize the game first, lol. If you are in windowed mode you wont need to minimize.

Options
  • janvier1985
    janvier1985
    Soul Shriven
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    - No

- Belgium Ghent

Who is your ISP?
    - Telenet 120mbps

- No, No, No, Yes
    Options
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thoroughly enjoyed some of my time playing this game but the lag just seems to be getting worse and worse, the EU server tonight is terrible, fighting multiple enemies are nigh on impossible with abilities not firing, potions not being used when you hit the q key, damage hits not registering etc.

When I play after midnight and through the early hours of the morning when the servers have less load on them the game runs like a peach but early evening up to midnight is awful.

Getting close to unsubbing for a couple of months to wait and see if things improve with time which is the only option at the moment because the current situation is making me dislike the game greatly and I don't want to.
    Options
  • Rashanitsu
    Rashanitsu
    Soul Shriven
    Lunerdog wrote: »
    I've thoroughly enjoyed some of my time playing this game but the lag just seems to be getting worse and worse, the EU server tonight is terrible, fighting multiple enemies are nigh on impossible with abilities not firing, potions not being used when you hit the q key, damage hits not registering etc.

When I play after midnight and through the early hours of the morning when the servers have less load on them the game runs like a peach but early evening up to midnight is awful.

Getting close to unsubbing for a couple of months to wait and see if things improve with time which is the only option at the moment because the current situation is making me dislike the game greatly and I don't want to.

Im agree with each word.
    Billions of lags (especially in PvP) make ESO unplayable.
    Remove EU server to the EU country or say "bb" to you EU subscribers.
    Edited by Rashanitsu on May 26, 2014 9:07PM
    Options
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    I played for a couple of hours soloing this morning on my alt who is now questing in Grahtwood. Fairly smooth gameplay except when zoning and load screens which is getting worse - sometimes I'm looking at the load screen for up to 2 minutes before getting through to next stage i.e. next zone or entry to dungeon.

I also experienced a new problem today trying to enter the bank in Vulkal Guard - click on door and I can see the inside but I'm stuck. Had to try a few times before I was able to proceed into the bank.

However the worst was tonight on my main in Greenshade. I was in a group and we were trying to complete "Striking to the Heart" quest. We found there were long delays trying to interact with the quest NPC or click on the stones and /reloadui didn't help so we had to do the old logout/in trick again. However, we finally managed to complete and exit to talk to Queen Ayrenn and this is where the game did something I've never experienced before.

In the middle of talking to the Queen my character was attacked and killed by feral Bosmer!! This happened twice and my guild mates say they saw me going in/out of the instance zone almost like I was fading. I put in 3 bug reports at this time but even logging out and back didn't solve the problem until I went back into the instance (through the doors) and picked up Indaenir again.

We moved on to another quest where we had to free the soldiers and close the portal - again I found myself unable to complete because the NPC was not showing up on my screen (his marker was all I could see) so another log out/in trick and I was able to continue.

Up until this time we all thought I was just unlucky - but at the end of this quest one of the other group members found herself stuck as though she had faded between instances as we completed the quest - so she had to fight her way back as the portal didn't activate for her.

My screen loading times tonight was at least 2 minutes each time.

If this isn't being caused by packet loss/latency or the fact the server is still in the USA - then all I can think is the game itself isn't functioning as it should.

Please Zenimax at least give us some indication whether a move to Europe is being considered because my concern as we progress through the game into more complicated quest areas is the game itself will likely become unplayable as a result.

Options
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    After TWO months we cannot see this situation.

It is not fun for all of us Europeans that we pay as US players.

WE CANNOT PAY FOR THE LAG.

Why you do not move the "European Server" in Europe!?
    Want more money for do this?
    this is the fastest way to lose customers.
    Options
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not paying for another subscription until they move it they have had long enough.
    Options
  • kulviksb16_ESO
    kulviksb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    No i havent, considering the fact that the servers are still locatet in the US, there is no point, and as so many other comment, they seem to just auto close all tickets after a certain amount of time if we dont reply to it consistently.

Denmark

Who is your ISP?
    Yousee

Questing is some what playable, since the mobs are very predictable, PvP is *** and way more laggy have some where betweenn 200-350ms and in a skill based game like ESO that is just a no go. the result beeing, that i canceled my subscribtion, and went to Wildstar, a game that knows even the most simple stuff like EU SERVERS NEED TO BE IN THE *** EU...
    I wanted to love your pvp, but with this lag its a no go, so i canceled my sub, i MIGHT be back once you decide to FINALLY move your damn servers, but at the pace you guys work i dont see that happening this year. Suggestion, take the game down, go back to beta, and FIX YOUR ***, cause this is more an alpha than a beta and certainly not release worthy
    Edited by kulviksb16_ESO on May 27, 2014 6:53AM
    Options
  • Melk
    Melk
    Soul Shriven
    No one from Zenimax provide any information about the relocation of European server to europe, I begin to think that Europeans are *** for them, srsly.

And they expect that EU people will pay monthly for a game with permanent lag and delay.

I have already canceled my subscription, next time do not lie an entire continent.
    Options
  • Tilluan
    Tilluan
    I have long login times and had experienced fight lags in starter zones.

[*] Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

not due to the lag issue, I contacted the german support (tickjet 140525-009849) cause of the black screen problem after hitting the play button (this has been resolved by myself by editing SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0". The cause was not the windowed fullscreen.

[*] What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)

Germany, near Nuremberg

[*] Who is your ISP?

Deutsche Telekom DSL 16000

[*] Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?

I had extreme fighting latency on ONE of the both PCs, the reason was the disabled partical effects option ind the user.ini - > this is resolved by myself, too.

Persistant latencies are though:
    - Sometimes NPCs are spawning quite late (invis first).
    - Sometimes the guild bank list do not show up or bank searches give no response

You should really give more advises concerning the user.ini-file....
    Edited by Tilluan on May 27, 2014 8:22AM
    Options
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

- Aalborg, Denmark, EU

Who is your ISP?

- Telia, 20MB/S

Open Resource monitor. Go to TCP connections, and under eso.exe you will see it. Obviously you will want to minimize the game first, lol. If you are in windowed mode you wont need to minimize.

Interesting, between 160-250 ping right now, this is during server low times, gonna check it when its popular playing times.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
    Options
  • Sandhya
    Sandhya
    ✭✭✭
    Since 1.1 the game has become even more sluggish and unresponsive, and this increase in latency has scaled up at prime time too.

If this patching performance change is going to be structural, we'll be looking at a slideshow when you roll out 1.3 or so.

Move the servers and fix the damn game. This is really bordering on purposefully bad practices by now, we are two months in official release status and very basic issues are still present, not to mention the many broken skills.
    Options
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    Sandhya wrote: »
    Move the servers and fix the damn game. This is really bordering on purposefully bad practices by now, we are two months in official release status and very basic issues are still present, not to mention the many broken skills.

I think we have the same idea about the reliability of ZOS.
    Do something!

How do you think you sell a product with these basic problems? ._.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

- Aalborg, Denmark, EU

Who is your ISP?

- Telia, 20MB/S

Interesting, between 160-250 ping right now, this is during server low times, gonna check it when its popular playing times.
    Yeah, I average 180-300, it can get even higher if there are tons of people around.

Options
  • Contagious
    Contagious
    Soul Shriven
    No whats the point? The problem is the server is in the US not in EU.

Lublin, Poland

Who is your ISP?
    Orange (10 Mbps)

It used to be ok during 5 days preorder period after that in the peak time its barely playable skill lag makes me die multiple times per day cuz im incapable to block power attack of mobs and im not even talking about timing my attack sequences hell im happy if i get to attack a mob with any attack i click. Cyrodil is the same or even worse.
    Seriously MOVE IT TO EU or ur gonna start losing customers.
    EDIT:
    I just cancelled my subscription untill you move the sever to the EU im not gonna pay just to get pissed off cuz im dying of a mob or 2 if i can handle 5 man public dungeon groups when the lag is lower. I like the game but this lag is just killing it. Craglong came out and you guys still didnt move the server to the EU and you dont even have a *** eta? Thx but no thx im gonna subscribe again if you move it.
    Edited by Contagious on May 27, 2014 6:18PM
    Options
  • harmen_hulsb16_ESO
    harmen_hulsb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, ticketnr. 140526-014107, got fast support from people from customer service in the first place, but they couldn't help me and forwarded the issue to a specialized team. I didn't hear anything from that specialized team after that ....

The Netherlands, Amsterdam

Who is your ISP?
    ISP is called: 'Online'

First I have lots of troubles logging in (getting error 200 and 201 often), when I'm finally through I have huge lag no matter where I am, dungeons, cyrodiil and normal area's. Just mounting my horse takes 5 secs and fighting is completely impossible
    Options
  • macieksko
    macieksko

Yes, I did (140524-027344). i got a response quite fast but no working solutions so far.

Groningen, The Netherlands

Who is your ISP?

online.nl

During prime time I can't even login. Outside prime time I sometimes can login (after many trials) but the lag makes the game totally unplayable.

I was experiencing smaller or larger lags before Craglorn, but after recent patch the game is basically unplayable all the time.
    Options
  • TaddeoMaiden
    TaddeoMaiden
    Soul Shriven

No, can't see how they could possibly help. The problem is clearly not on the users' side.

Rome, Italy

Who is your ISP?

Fastweb 100 Mbps

All the time. I've even tried the minimum settings (used to run with medium before the patch) and it's still unplayable.
    Options
  • Sander1979
    I made a bugreport: 140528-021580
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Who is your ISP?
    UPC
    Everywhere I go. Latency started after the Craglorn patch, before that patch there where no problems. Mounting a horse takes a few seconds, encounters with foes is almost certain suicide like this.
    Edited by Sander1979 on May 28, 2014 8:01PM
    Options
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Atreidus on May 29, 2014 12:38AM
    Options
  • Meogi
    Meogi
    No

Austria, Lower Austria

Who is your ISP?
    Kabelsignal

Last experience:
    - Castle of Worms (first area until you enter the cistern)
    - Public Dungeon Stormhaven
    - random lag when looting (no error message, just the error sound for a couple of times before I can loot).

Overall:
    In main cities, my entire game freezes for a beat. Other areas is just drop of FPS rate below 25-20.
    Normally I have frame rate 50-60ish and that is also extremely low compared to other games, which is usually >200.

Edited by Meogi on May 29, 2014 11:48AM
    Options
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    Right now it seems there is some issues. I am inside Toothmaul Gully and get freeze and after a while get a DC with "unknown error". Death by lag is frustrating.
    Options