Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency on the European Megaserver - Looking for Additional Info

• Ardrin
    Ardrin
    Soul Shriven
    -Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?
    I've submitted different "bug report" for latency (thinking it was just a zone to lag)

-What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    Europe - Italy - Verona

-Who is your ISP?
    Telecom Italia - 30Mbps cable

-Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    I've done only pve atm, but lag hits everywhere at different time of the day, and several days of the week.
    Edited by Ardrin on May 11, 2014 9:43AM
    Options
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    Just letting all you guys in europe know we all get the same massive delay in cyrodiil being in the states on the na server, as well as the occasional in pve. More then likely that is the reason for the post as it all isnt as simple as your latency and moving the server to EU.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dalriaden wrote: »
    Just letting all you guys in europe know we all get the same massive delay in cyrodiil being in the states on the na server, as well as the occasional in pve. More then likely that is the reason for the post as it all isnt as simple as your latency and moving the server to EU.
    If you would please post a ping test to Austin Texas. It is a physical impossibility that you have the same constant latency that we have.

Options
  • frankuguzzb16_ESO
    Try moving the EU megaserver to the EU...?
    We spend the same money that NA players spend, why the hell we(EU) don't have the servers after more than 1 month???
    I have the same ping of russian Archage F2P, it's unbelivable to have ping around 150-200 while paying 12€ per month!

Options
  • nirax
    nirax
    too funny, sorry. move the eu ´megaserver´ to EU, like any proper pay game would do. for myself i cancelled my subscribtion as i dont buy in on promises.

unitymedia 150Mbps, germany, yes wrote bugs ingame, not that you wouldnt be aware of the issue or could "push it on the isp" if you place the server on the other side of the globe.

heres details in three images
    1. latency
    2. traceroute
    3. and finally your uber geographic "EU" location

so how does it compares to "others": I get to another international MMO which is still in open beta 13ms latency. thats how it should be. EU/DE/PvP Server is at the backbone in Frankfurt.
    Edited by nirax on May 13, 2014 12:51AM
    Nirax TC of [Buka]
    Options
  • llXll
    llXll
    Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue?
    - No
    What region are you playing the game in? (Your country and specific area)
    - umeå, sweden

Who is your ISP?
    - telia, 100mbs

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    all of the above, and right now loading into cyrodill is taking an eternity to load...
    Options
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    To all those stating the EU issue is due to distance - not so. I play the EU server because 90% of the year I'm working in Europe. I just finished three weeks of vacation in the US. Playing the EU server from the US is WORSE, not better, in my experience. While it's just possible this could be due to crazy routing decisions, IOW, lower cost to go to Europe and then come back, I take it as a signal that the latency is due to other issues. If I'm playing during low usage times, there's little or no lag. If there are many other people online, there's a lot of latency. This would point me towards the idea of the issue being in server updates to the client as to what "local chars in same zone are doing". Perhaps there's too much information passed as "zone" instead of local, or vice versa. But I'd look at it as a tracking issue on the server passing information about other client actions. Now, in dungeons, I don't notice this nearly as much, which again makes me think too much zone info being dumped into the pipe, as I've been in dungeons with a dozen bots and as many players without this level of latency.
    Options
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    If you would please post a ping test to Austin Texas. It is a physical impossibility that you have the same constant latency that we have.
    Please tell me where I said I had the same latency? I mean...I though reading comprehension in the states was bad.

I said we have the same lag and that its more then a latency issue.I have a 77 ping to Austin, Texas and Cyrodiil will still have screen freezing and other characters running in place, this indicates its a server issue and not a latency issue and will still happen regardless of whether the server is in NA, EU, SA, or Antarctica. Is that simple enough? My guess is when you have 500 people fighting the game develops quite a bit of packet loss and that results in the lag spikes that affect everyone regardless of their location, or the server just can't handle and disperse the amount of information it's receiving and binds up.

I hope you guys get the EU server soon, but the point I'm making is its not going to be a magical fix all and won't solve the issue a lot of people here are complaining about.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please tell me where I said I had the same latency? I mean...I though reading comprehension in the states was bad.

I said we have the same lag and that its more then a latency issue.I have a 77 ping to Austin, Texas and Cyrodiil will still have screen freezing and other characters running in place, this indicates its a server issue and not a latency issue and will still happen regardless of whether the server is in NA, EU, SA, or Antarctica. Is that simple enough? My guess is when you have 500 people fighting the game develops quite a bit of packet loss and that results in the lag spikes that affect everyone regardless of their location, or the server just can't handle and disperse the amount of information it's receiving and binds up.

I hope you guys get the EU server soon, but the point I'm making is its not going to be a magical fix all and won't solve the issue a lot of people here are complaining about.
    You have under half the constant latency that we have, just to put that out there. Also, I am from Germany, when you can understand german better than I can understand English, comeback with the insults. Until then.....

PaulD wrote: »
    To all those stating the EU issue is due to distance - not so. I play the EU server because 90% of the year I'm working in Europe. I just finished three weeks of vacation in the US. Playing the EU server from the US is WORSE, not better, in my experience. While it's just possible this could be due to crazy routing decisions, IOW, lower cost to go to Europe and then come back, I take it as a signal that the latency is due to other issues. If I'm playing during low usage times, there's little or no lag. If there are many other people online, there's a lot of latency. This would point me towards the idea of the issue being in server updates to the client as to what "local chars in same zone are doing". Perhaps there's too much information passed as "zone" instead of local, or vice versa. But I'd look at it as a tracking issue on the server passing information about other client actions. Now, in dungeons, I don't notice this nearly as much, which again makes me think too much zone info being dumped into the pipe, as I've been in dungeons with a dozen bots and as many players without this level of latency.

Its probably worse because the Internet Infrastructure in the US is ancient in a lot of places and is very under developed.
    Options
  • nirax
    nirax
    PaulD wrote: »
    To all those stating the EU issue is due to distance - not so.

imagine please for an ultra short and scary moment that some of your co-players may not be only kids going to school and quickly impressed by rather funny and extremely profound statements, but mangers and it-staff either producing or dealing with these technologies for a living. thanks.
    Edited by nirax on May 12, 2014 9:04AM
    Nirax TC of [Buka]
    Options
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point i don't give a flying F what causes these issues. I just want the lag spikes and freezes to stop.
    Options
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    I was playing with a friend from Denmark yesterday. One moment we were attacking the same mob, next moment (right as the mob dies) I'd see him running 100+m away behind a mountain. If that doesn't spell a lack of synchronization, I don't know what is.
    Options
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This "situation" looks like its getting worst every day... more players in game? bottleneck? whatever...dunno.
    Anyways what i know for sure is that am not going to continue playing this game after my payed time is over
    For the moment i avoid all fights when am alone and i loot potatoes from wardrobs or.....empty trunks ....
    wtf is wrong with bethesda i always thought that it was the most reliable gaming company....its really disappointing
    Options
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be getting worse. Some days I have no problems but this weekend there were periods where it was endemic. Never had and don't have this issue with any other MMO.

What with the freezes and the Weapon Swap Fails my repair bill got pretty excessive.

I was getting this on the US server as well.

I really like this game but given we're paying a sub this just isn't on.
    Options
  • Enkiidu
    Enkiidu
    Soul Shriven
    Lol ridiculous an EU server which isn't even in EU. ZOS just made an EU megaserver to cash out on EU players who didn't know about the server's location or latency due to it.

I'm not even an EU player but I would be peeved if I were.
    Options
  • emailgosurwb17_ESO
    Today did tracert again, pings were as usual 350+.. at peak times reached 1100 lol :)
    Options
  • steinarmspreeb18_ESO

No, what is support going to do about it ?

And if so, what is your support ticket number?

Iceland

Who is your ISP?
    Siminn

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency? While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?
    I get latency more or less everywhere including dungeons.
    I've died a few times because of latency, I mean a ugly little mud crab killed me :(

Options
  • blinded-no-moreb16_ESO
    blinded-no-moreb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not yet. I read somewhere that the servers were going to be moved at one point, and I was hoping it to improve.

The Netherlands.

Who is your ISP?
    UPC.

I have extreme lag in cyrodiil, to the point where everything just stops moving except my character and I get thrown off the server. Then there is the skill lag what causes a 3 to 5 second delay on my skills when pvping.
    Then there is also lagspikes which cause the world to load later and basically let me die because tons of mobs already attacked me against which I can do nothing.

Luxis Firemane: Dragonknight, vampire, gentleman !!!
    Options
  • davidropb16_ESO
    davidropb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I think we must analyze different issue:
    all except me stop moving when i see a large group of enemy >> i think this is a bug, client stop speak with server due to heavy transfer load, or the connection socket crush... the result is that client stop receive until client restart... just reset the socket if connection lost for more then x sec

skills don't starts or they starts after few sec >> too many skill requested... grow up cpu my skill is in queue!

me and other poeople starts flick >> lag / latency ... ok in theory ping with NA from EU is 0.06s but grows because of intermediate points, but the real problem is the stability of line 10000km is too high and all people are scattered in the EU

all this issue occur often when the campaign is full and the majority of players are in the same location

i think that this is the old problem of "infinite loop". the server must calculate all that happens, i think Teso server cpu load is divided into zones so if I'm far away from the zerg, what happens in the zerg don't make me lag, but as you approach, you become part of calculation even if you are not in an action, obviously with a megaserver if the calculation becomes infinite all server could lag

If 1 enemy cast an aoe and 1 character is there, there is 1 loop of calculation.
    if 1 enemy cast an aoe and 5 characters are there, there is a 5 loops of calculation.
    If 1 enemy cast an aoe and 25 characters are there, even if it applies only to 5 characters, server need to calculate it, so 25 loops of calculation.
    The party is 24, if 24 characters fight against 24 characters there are 576 loops of calculation.
    if 200 enemy cast an aoe and 25 characters are there , there are 200 * 25 = 5000 loop of calculation.
    if 3 factions meet in the same spot, there are 600 characters that cast (200 characters per faction), every cast need to be calculated for the other 400 characters so 200 characters casts 200 aoe over 400 characters , mean that 80000 loop every faction, that mean 240000 loop, this happen every tick, if one tick become more long then 0.1 sec.. LAG.
    If this loop is too long there are 2 way: or discard some casts, or wait for the end of loop.

There is only one thing we can do as player, and the server never lag again... DON'T PLAY IN A ZERG, the party is 24, do not be cowards, play in 24, I just can't understand that there is entertainment to play in a zerg of 100 characters, you lag, you don't play, simply run and press random key

DON'T PLAY IN A ZERG
    Edited by davidropb16_ESO on May 13, 2014 2:00PM
    Options
  • terryammon
    terryammon
    ✭✭✭
    Internet connection - Talk Talk 7MB Down, 1MB up.
    - i7 3.2 Ghz, 16gb ddr3 ram @ 1666 Mhz, windows 7 64bit (Fresh install), GTX 650ti EVGA SSC.

Resource Monitor / Network - Normal PvE non dungeon:
    Image PID Local Address Local Port Remote Address Remote Port Packet Loss (%) Latency (ms)
    eso.exe 3992 192.168.0.2 49357 198.20.200.86 24111 0 170
    eso.exe 3992 192.168.0.2 49348 198.20.200.64 24501 0 130

Cyrodiil - Peak time - Highest i have noticed sofar.
    Image PID Local Address Local Port Remote Address Remote Port Packet Loss (%) Latency (ms)
    eso.exe 3992 192.168.0.2 49348 198.20.200.64 24501 0 280
    eso.exe 3992 192.168.0.2 49743 198.20.200.190 24108 0 170
    Options
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    You have under half the constant latency that we have, just to put that out there. Also, I am from Germany, when you can understand german better than I can understand English, comeback with the insults. Until then.....
    And once again I wasn't addressing latency. I addressed a different issue entirely that was brought up multiple times, and since none of what you said was in German your retort is completely useless.

Are you going to have a higher latency? Yes. Are the problems in cyrodiil and the world caused by latency? Some are, but not all and the ones that aren't caused by latency are what I talked about.

If latency was the issue my Aussie guild mates who are VR10 and pvping with me on a regular basis would complain. Incidentally when they speak of lag it's everyone lagging, and we have people in Britain, the east coast, west coast and central US, Australia and Denmark.

As I said a lot of the issue seems to come from packet loss and the server not being able to receive and send data fast enough, not due to latency but due to the fact it can't process the individual actions of 200+ people.

Options
  • Boneidle
    Boneidle
    ✭✭
    And once again I wasn't addressing latency. I addressed a different issue entirely that was brought up multiple times, and since none of what you said was in German your retort is completely useless.

Are you going to have a higher latency? Yes. Are the problems in cyrodiil and the world caused by latency? Some are, but not all and the ones that aren't caused by latency are what I talked about.

If latency was the issue my Aussie guild mates who are VR10 and pvping with me on a regular basis would complain. Incidentally when they speak of lag it's everyone lagging, and we have people in Britain, the east coast, west coast and central US, Australia and Denmark.

As I said a lot of the issue seems to come from packet loss and the server not being able to receive and send data fast enough, not due to latency but due to the fact it can't process the individual actions of 200+ people.

Not to be rude but if you aren't going on about latency why are you posting in a thread which was put up by zos support for us to report our latency issues. A lot of us are actually having to play with a constant 150ms + latency its not a oh am lagging issue you notice more if it improves.

I play with a lot of people from across Europe and things such as skills not activating until its too late, or a monster attacking you but it hasn't moved from the spot so you cant kill it, or you can kill something before any skills are shown to be used. These are not things what you would expect to see usually and it makes the game much harder to fight.

I bet you haven't tried any solo boss fights where the boss just stands still and beats on you constantly, its apparently just stood there doing nothing. yet low and behold you are dying.

I would suggest if you aren't posting about latency in a latency thread that you should go and troll some other thread, a majority of people who have posted in here are trying to help customer service identify the latency issue so it can be sorted. If people from EU, or Aus choose to play on the NA server then that's their choice and they have to deal with the latency when you choose to play on a EU server and you get latency because the server is still based in NA that is a different matter.
    Never retreat, If you turn and run you will only die tired.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Packet loss and latency go hand in hand. The further the servers Is from the player, the higher the latency and the higher chancer for packet loss. Physics. And about the comment, of course nothing was in German, you wouldn't have understood anything if it was In German, again you fail at comprehension. Please, go troll somewhere else, you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Options
  • Ardrin
    Ardrin
    Soul Shriven
    Did anyone else notice an increase of lag after 1.0.8?
    Options
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭

Have you reach out our Support Team yet to request help for this issue? And if so, what is your support ticket number?

Not yet

GER, Germany, (BW, Karlsruhe)

Who is your ISP?

KabelBW, 50MB/s, 14ms ping (average)

Questing/Dungeons - latency problems low. unresponsiv weapons swaps, skills etc.

Cyrodiil - Screen freezes for 1-4 seconds, unresponsiv weapon swaps (1-3 seconds), skill activation delay (2-3 seconds)

The more player the more lag

Options
  • illyriiaeb17_ESO
    Not yet

And if so, what is your support ticket number?

South-west, England

Who is your ISP?
    Virgin Media, 120mbps

Are there any specific moments you recall experiencing extreme latency?

At the moment it seems to be constantly. The latency seems to be getting worse every day and the game is becoming unplayable. My fiancé is currently considering quitting the game.

While questing? While running dungeons? While in Cyrodiil?

Never been to Cyrodiil yet. But the lag is when we are doing anything from talking to NPC's, talking in guild and the laughable attempt at actually fighting mobs.
    Since buying this game we have spent more time at trying to play than actually playing and considering that is two copies of the game and two monthly subscriptions it seems to be a big waste of money so far which is a massive shame as I really want to play and enjoy the game :'(
    Options
  • khaza
    khaza
    ✭✭
    From playing MMOs for 14 years the thing that strikes me is that it seems like the same problem as it was for Dark Age of Camelot when the big fights in Emain started. And it was all because of to much spelleffects then. And concidering that the clashes when there are alot of people, there are loads of spelleffects around. Also, since everything has to look so pretty nowdays the skins on players are also making it heavy.

Got no good idea on how to get it in order and I am not envious on you people that has to find out how to get everything into order.
    Edited by khaza on May 15, 2014 10:39PM
    Member of Ginnunga since 2001.

www.ginnunga.org
    Options
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Try moving the EU megaserver to the EU...?
    We spend the same money that NA players spend, why the hell we(EU) don't have the servers after more than 1 month???
    I have the same ping of russian Archage F2P, it's unbelivable to have ping around 150-200 while paying 12€ per month!

We spend even more cause we pay in Euro and they in $ ;)

Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
    Options
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭

You get massive lag on NA server while in NA. Imagine being 4k miles away now .....
    Options
  • Rashanitsu
    Rashanitsu
    Soul Shriven
    fkn lags((
    Options