Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Rollback yes or no

• Adlerson
    Adlerson
    Hehe, I like the idea of nullifying the advantage the dupers have gotten by giving the rest of us the same stuff for free. Then get a fix in place, THEN moving forward ZOS can start implementing more 'rare rewards' again.

This notion that many have gotten such a huge advantage by cheating, and little is being done about it, will be poison for the morale of the game.

Adlerson
    Options
  • Tetrasoli
    Tetrasoli
    ✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    linda912 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a rollback, as long as I don't have to create my characters again. I like my names and how they look, but haven't played the actual game much because of all of the problems.

Well the rest of us have, and we've played legitimately and will not be happy with a rollback because of a bunch of dirty players.

I want to see ZOS properly investigate all wealthy players and follow the item/money trail on them so they catch exactly who did this crap. Then punish them severely with bans/item and money deletion.

they should be able to roll back those who did it.

If DICE can reset stats for battlefield, ZOS should (emphasis on should) be able to roll back individuals as well.

I don't think the players should be rolled back. This exploit was not happened upon by accident. Meaning, people willfully exploited the mechanics of the game, knowing it is a violation of the TOS. This isn't some innocent mistake. Ban them.
    Options
  • DracoBlanc
    I feel like such a dupe.

I've just been running around enjoying the game, not even aware that there was a duping scandal...

Then again I simply enjoy the game, I don't care what someone else has or has not done ingame as it does not impact my life.
    Options
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have to re-grind my bank slots because other players cheat? No, thank you. Penalize the cheaters (customers, as well as sellers/dupers), but not those who have been innocently enjoying the game.
    Options
  • Arctirium
    Arctirium
    ✭✭
    This bug has been in-game since BETA.... involved no third party programs or special methods to do.... And is now one of the top S.E.O. results when you Google search for this game.

I don't even know what to say.

Go through the databases by hand and CLEAN IT UP. It's the least they can do for allowing this.
    Options
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    Doooommmm. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! THE GAME IS TOAST IF WE DON'T ROLLBACK. DOOOOOOMMM. First, they aren't going to rollback squat. Second, the economy can and will work itself out without a rollback. Neverwinter Online had a similar issue at release and it worked itself out within a month. Let's give it a whirl before we start hurling outselves out of 10 story windows, shall we?
    Options
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note: You know all the folks that have been posting about being banned for no reason, and have received countless sympathy responses, et al? Makes you go hmmmmmm, doesn't it?
    Options
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen and if it did it would ruin the game faster then the dup bug. I did not even know about this exploit until I came onto these forums during server downtime. The vast majority of players don't know and are not the problem so punishing them by a rollback would be suicide for ZoS.

Find everyone and ban them and find a item trail. Most would have probably set up multiple accounts so use payment methods and IP trace and ban all accounts a player may have.

Go after guild banks that is storing all these duped items and disband them and destroy all the duped items.
    Options
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    Tetrasoli wrote: »
    babylon wrote: »
    linda912 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a rollback, as long as I don't have to create my characters again. I like my names and how they look, but haven't played the actual game much because of all of the problems.

Well the rest of us have, and we've played legitimately and will not be happy with a rollback because of a bunch of dirty players.

I want to see ZOS properly investigate all wealthy players and follow the item/money trail on them so they catch exactly who did this crap. Then punish them severely with bans/item and money deletion.

they should be able to roll back those who did it.

If DICE can reset stats for battlefield, ZOS should (emphasis on should) be able to roll back individuals as well.

I don't think the players should be rolled back. This exploit was not happened upon by accident. Meaning, people willfully exploited the mechanics of the game, knowing it is a violation of the TOS. This isn't some innocent mistake. Ban them.

i'm ok with that too of course.
    Options
  • Branbran
    Branbran
    ✭✭
    Heck, I wouldn't necessarily mind a server wipe. I'm an altaholic and I start over all the time. Just as long as it's for everybody on both servers. Clean house, ya know?
    Winter-Time
    by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Late lies the wintry sun a-bed,
    A frosty, fiery sleepy-head;
    Blinks but an hour or two; and then,
    A blood-red orange, sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies,
    At morning in the dark I rise;
    And shivering in my nakedness,
    By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

Close by the jolly fire I sit
    To warm my frozen bones a bit;
    Or with a reindeer-sled, explore
    The colder countries round the door.

When to go out, my nurse doth wrap
    Me in my comforter and cap;
    The cold wind burns my face, and blows
    Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
    Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
    And tree and house, and hill and lake,
    Are frosted like a wedding cake.
    Options
  • CrazyRoyal
    CrazyRoyal
    ✭✭
    the problem is also...how many honest and "honest" people already bought items for cheap from those exploiders..what to do with those items... those should be removed aswell.

some people claim to be a honest player and i would trust them but if they both a cheap item from a exploider without knowing it..
    Options
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    I'd vote yes.
    Maybe it's because I had such high hopes for this game in the wake of Skyrim.
    But this seems particularly disheartening to me. A rollback to beta(?), or a complete takedown of the current servers imo would not be amiss.
    Options
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    just delete the dupers characters, clear out their bank, make them start over. dont punish those of us not affected by this bull by a rollback

This.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP, your suggestion is as excessive as burning down your house to kill an an in your kitchen. From a statistical point of view, it's about as likely to happen as English football commentators *not* sayin "1966" during world cup coverage.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • Mufasa
    Mufasa
    ✭✭✭

Thralgaf wrote: »
    Doooommmm. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! THE GAME IS TOAST IF WE DON'T ROLLBACK. DOOOOOOMMM. First, they aren't going to rollback squat. Second, the economy can and will work itself out without a rollback. Neverwinter Online had a similar issue at release and it worked itself out within a month. Let's give it a whirl before we start hurling outselves out of 10 story windows, shall we?

This lol.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CrazyRoyal wrote: »
    I know there is already many post on the forum about this issue iam sorry to make a new one.

i think i thought of the best solution the can do.

1. Ban all the people who participate on those exploits.
    2. Do a complete rollback.
    3. Give all the other people 1 free month game time again.

What i think this way everyone who did participate to the exploits get punnished for it.
    And people who didnt use the exploits are getting a month free game time and used the last weeks as some kinda Open Beta.

What exploit, that's kind of important.

They won't do a rollback, that would undo all the patches, and they won't give free subtime either. Which just leaves banning them, which I assume they were going to do anyway.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Tetrasoli
    Tetrasoli
    ✭✭✭
    Still think a rollback of that magnitude is too much of a scorched earth policy. It would be even more devastating to ESO's image to make casualties out of a majority of players who haven't even heard of this exploit .
    Options
  • mark.coogan_ESO
    Let's get real here for a moment - there's not going to be a rollback. If the issue had only appeared in the last day or so then *maybe* they'd consider a rollback, but this duping has been going on for at least a week if not longer and there is no way they are going to roll back a weeks progress for everyone.

The sad reality here is that ZOS sat on their hands for too long on this one and the damage done no matter what they do now is likely going to be severe. Personally I'd like to see a zero-tolerance approach here with ZOS tracking down and perma-banning anyone who has duped even a single item - but frankly I doubt they have either the manpower or the will to do so.
    Edited by mark.coogan_ESO on April 18, 2014 2:58PM
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone.

I know there is already many post on the forum about this issue iam sorry to make a new one.

I know i will get lots of people over me that will complain about it.

i think i thought of the best solution the can do.

1. Ban all the people who participate on those exploits.
    2. Do a complete rollback.
    3. Give all the other people 1 free month game time again.

What i think this way everyone who did participate to the exp[loits get punnished for it.
    And people who didnt use the exploits are getting a month free game time and used the last weeks as some kinda Open Beta.

This game will be broken because this exploit already and it will hard maybe impossible to get it back because to many people are already involved with this.

Lots of people walking with legendary gear ...doing like they didnt know make me laugh tho.

anyway i think this is best solution for everyone.

You cannot Roll Back the system. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, would be returned to the roll back point.

This means ALL progress would be lost. All items, skills, achievements, gold, everything, will be lost, for everyone.

Which would mean ALL characters created after the rollback point would be lost/wiped from the system.

This would mean punishing everyone in the game for the abuses of a few and would be equivalent to killing your dog because you found a flea on it.

Or killing your kid because you found out it had head lice.

Options
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    Mufasa wrote: »

This lol.

this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQYeqz_9c0
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its kinda fun tho, first post i made i dont get realy flamed on:P

Anyway i just thought about a solution...yes i know honest people will be punished this iam a honest player myself aswell..and realy wont vote for a roleback but i think this is kinda the oly solution to fix this whole exploit and economy.

but then again iam not a technicus so dont know about what they can or cant do aboutthis whole thing..i just want it to be fixed..else it WILL affect honest players in their gameplay aswell.

This may appear to be the only solution from where stand and how you look at the game, but it is not a solution that will happen, ever.

Options
  • DoctorBear
    I don't think a rollback is a good idea. It punishes players on too wide a spectrum to be economically viable for the company, and even if it was, it's not justifiable. It's not the first time this kind of thing has happened to an MMO, i'm sure they have the tools to track down and investigate the exploiters and ban them and permanently delete the duped items. As to whether they have the manpower or not, it's complete speculation. But i find it hard to believe that every item and transaction in this game, and every action for that matter, is not strictly logged somewhere. If not for the security and authority of keeping the game rule-breaking free, for the server to keep up with all the service requests when we play.

EDIT: As for innocent bystanders affected by the selling of duped items, i can see two solutions;

1. To handle each on a case by case basis, individually assessing the situation.
    2. To delete the items and give back the gold lost in the trade, therefore eliminating all duped items permanently.
    Edited by DoctorBear on April 18, 2014 3:00PM
    Options
  • Branbran
    Branbran
    ✭✭
    I feel like this should have been a poll. How do you make polls? *confused emoticon* 6_6;
    Winter-Time

Options
  • Tetrasoli
    Tetrasoli
    ✭✭✭
    Branbran wrote: »
    I feel like this should have been a poll. How do you make polls? *confused emoticon* 6_6;

You don't, thank god. I guess you weren't in the beta forums?
    Options
  • Bluntski
    Bluntski
    ✭✭
    There absolutely should be a roll back. There are people in full legendary and have full stacks of all tempers. It is possible to only roll back select people. Rift did this when people exploited experience and prestige points.

There is absolutely NO reason why theses people shouldn't be rolled back.
    Edited by Bluntski on April 18, 2014 3:02PM
    Options
  • Branbran
    Branbran
    ✭✭
    Tetrasoli wrote: »

You don't, thank god. I guess you weren't in the beta forums?

Why you hate polls? What has polls ever done to you? And 9.
    Winter-Time

Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not allowed to make polls in this forum (customer support). Doesn't need one anyway, not only is the rollback idea being put forward by people who seem to have not properly thought this one through, but also it will never happen.

Just need to follow money/item trails on wealthy accounts till they get to the source of the problem, and ban accounts/delete items and gold.

Might be a bit of work but it's the only way to fix this for us all.
    Options
  • kcolasaccob14_ESO
    kcolasaccob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, if they rolled back, I'd quit the game. I'm not doing everything again. I'm not losing the items that I was lucky to find in chests and drops. Just not happening.

I'm not worried about that happening though.
    Edited by kcolasaccob14_ESO on April 18, 2014 3:09PM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DracoBlanc wrote: »
    I feel like such a dupe.

I've just been running around enjoying the game, not even aware that there was a duping scandal...

Then again I simply enjoy the game, I don't care what someone else has or has not done ingame as it does not impact my life.

The "scandal" didn't erupt until after the servers went down to patch it out. Now, I'm not going to cast aspersions on players making noise, and the convenient timing. I'm just going to go check and see if the servers are back up.

EDIT: It's not.
    Edited by starkerealm on April 18, 2014 3:05PM
    Options
  • DoctorBear
    Doooommmm. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! THE GAME IS TOAST IF WE DON'T ROLLBACK. DOOOOOOMMM. First, they aren't going to rollback squat. Second, the economy can and will work itself out without a rollback. Neverwinter Online had a similar issue at release and it worked itself out within a month. Let's give it a whirl before we start hurling ourselves out of 10 story windows, shall we?

*minor typo correction in the quote, sorry, i can't help it.

Anyway, I agree on this as well. That is, so long as ZOS takes proper banning procedures on those that exploited the bug and the bug is fixed. There's really no need for such a huge, and tedious, rollback.

Options