Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Sound good didn't know there was such an info on the german board.( i can't read german )
    English ZoS seem less communicating than german ^^
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Do Zeni is aware of the situation ?
    The server is really in pain, and i suspect that theres is no problem with the US server as usual.
    US server gets "Lag spikes" but they have no inherent latency issues. We get ridiculous lag spikes, rubber banding, and lots of inherent latency issues, they know about it from what I have been reading, and said will be implementing EU servers after craglorn is released....hopefully....

you wrong in that one, I can prove it with a video... When u click spells, they delay 1-2-3 seconds some times. And we also experience the instant kill effect, but I am sure its because of the latency. They hit us and we cant see it.

• KylarZ
    KylarZ
    I can already see as their CSRs are standing above the servers in the US with a club and just waiting for the gold spammers to show up so they can strike them directly at the hardware...

Seriously...
    VR7 Dragonknight
  • murklor007neb18_ESO

•As for moving the EU servers, This is something that we continue to regularly evaluate and as soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
    Which of course, is a ridiculous statement by ZOS.

What's there to evaluate? The EU server need to be in the EU, period. That's how all games with EU servers have it. Why? Because they are called EU servers, duh.

They will *never* get rid of gold sellers and stability/load issues will probably continue for years as it can always be improved upon. Lets not even begin to mention other fixes and balance issues.

Having "no exact timeline" just boggles the mind. Have they not set a date? Or at least a desired date, if nothing else go wrong?! How can they not have an exact timeline?!!?!?! For something that's an entire project on its own, getting a datacentre up and running... Its just madness not to have a timeline!

Or they are just lying out their arses, I dont know. I know I didnt like that answer one bit. Lots of lovely other things in the pipeline but that was not what I - nor anyone else in the EU I think - wanted to hear.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course they are lying about it. They haven't given a single prper reason to keep stalling. 20 or so people in my guild didn't sub for this reason alone. ESO will go down as yet another game with great potential yet managed by complete and utter morons.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perseas wrote: »
    Do Zeni is aware of the situation ?
    The server is really in pain, and i suspect that theres is no problem with the US server as usual.
    US server gets "Lag spikes" but they have no inherent latency issues. We get ridiculous lag spikes, rubber banding, and lots of inherent latency issues, they know about it from what I have been reading, and said will be implementing EU servers after craglorn is released....hopefully....

you wrong in that one, I can prove it with a video... When u click spells, they delay 1-2-3 seconds some times. And we also experience the instant kill effect, but I am sure its because of the latency. They hit us and we cant see it.
    But you don't have a consistent 160 - 600 ms lag. We do. We have that , plus the spikes and delays.
    •As for moving the EU servers, This is something that we continue to regularly evaluate and as soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
    Which of course, is a ridiculous statement by ZOS.

What's there to evaluate? The EU server need to be in the EU, period. That's how all games with EU servers have it. Why? Because they are called EU servers, duh.

They will *never* get rid of gold sellers and stability/load issues will probably continue for years as it can always be improved upon. Lets not even begin to mention other fixes and balance issues.

Having "no exact timeline" just boggles the mind. Have they not set a date? Or at least a desired date, if nothing else go wrong?! How can they not have an exact timeline?!!?!?! For something that's an entire project on its own, getting a datacentre up and running... Its just madness not to have a timeline!

Or they are just lying out their arses, I dont know. I know I didnt like that answer one bit. Lots of lovely other things in the pipeline but that was not what I - nor anyone else in the EU I think - wanted to hear.
    Agreed, that statement bothered me quite a bit. It gave me hope that the datacenter is already built, but that is it.

And agreed about bots and goldsellers, its 2 and a half years after the SWTOR release and we still have them on there. And if I recall, WoW still has them 10 YEARS after release.....

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sound good didn't know there was such an info on the german board.( i can't read german )
    English ZoS seem less communicating than german ^^
    Hahaha, yeah they are scared of us, lol. I can read both though so I pop back and forth =D.

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    We're not going to pass over it
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We're not going to pass over it
    If you search ESO - EU servers on Google, you will get flooded with websites complaining about this, its not just this forum, if they don't move them (im sure they will, its just a matter of when) but if they don't move them, they can kiss over 50 percent of their player base goodbye.

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is that with all the complain about the EU server there is so few answer from ZoS
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is that with all the complain about the EU server there is so few answer from ZoS
    ZoS is about as transparent as a brick wall that is smothered in peanut butter.......they need to learn that in an mmo it is important to keep people posted on IMPORTANT ISSUES LIKE THIS. Instead of posting everywhere that we are getting chat bubbles they should post their progress on moving the servers to the EU.

• Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lost a lot of subs and the game undersold... if they had any intention to move it they would have done so as promised but right now i think they are just stalling for time and in a few months they will say they wanted to move it but can`t due to technical problems or whatever excuse they want to use and that`s it.

Get used to the lag, its not going anywhere.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They lost a lot of subs and the game undersold... if they had any intention to move it they would have done so as promised but right now i think they are just stalling for time and in a few months they will say they wanted to move it but can`t due to technical problems or whatever excuse they want to use and that`s it.

Get used to the lag, its not going anywhere.
    Problem is, the EU has over double the population of the US on MMOs, so even if they lost 50 percent of their subs on the EU side, it would still be more than feasible. Or they can just move everything to the EU, cuz they technically would make more money here than in the US. See how smug all the US players are then.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And if you don't believe me.

http://www.globalcollect.com/news/press/globalcollect-releases-global-mmo-games-market-report-on-payments-intelligence-and-trends

Fact is, by ignoring the APAC countries, and ignoring the EU players, they are losing out on a CONSIDERABLY LARGE portion of profit.
  • Udaku
    Udaku
    ✭✭
    When this game becomes free to play, they can circle around with their blog news without months and date to the features... As long as we are paying for a sub., there must some feedback from them. "When we are ready." is not the answer to our question. As long as the state of the game is like it is now I'll see only this...
    Boycott, resist, unsubscribe!
    Boycott, oppose & unsubscribe!
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the update they posted, just FYI.
    As soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soon ®
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.

That is nothing more than a simple PR statement that really means "Maybe tomorrow, maybe never".
    "When things settle down" is a very vague term and can be interpreted in many, many ways. They will never get rid of all gold farmers, bots and stability issues, so they can keep repeating this sentence until our sun goes supernova.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this is laughable, Wildstar is already opening their EU servers that are located in the EU for the BETA. So why cant ZOS do it? Excuses , excuses, delays, delays.
  • Kalston
    Kalston
    ✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

That is nothing more than a simple PR statement that really means "Maybe tomorrow, maybe never".
    "When things settle down" is a very vague term and can be interpreted in many, many ways. They will never get rid of all gold farmers, bots and stability issues, so they can keep repeating this sentence until our sun goes supernova.

And still some people were making fun of me when I said they could easily use this to delay it forever ... :)

Not saying that's what going to happen, but it's certainly perfectly plausible.
    Edited by Kalston on May 6, 2014 3:44PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalston wrote: »
    Razzak wrote: »

And still some people were making fun of me when I said they could easily use this to delay it forever ... :)

Not saying that's what going to happen, but it's certainly perfectly plausible.
    If they failed at international business, then that's certainly what theyd do. If they have a clue, theyd realize they will make more business in Europe and the APAC region.

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. As Game Director Matt Firor recently stated in this article, we still plan on moving the EU server, though we do not have an exact timeline to share. We are going to continue evaluating when the best time to migrate the servers is and will be sure to provide our players with an update when we can. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. As Game Director Matt Firor recently stated in this article, we still plan on moving the EU server, though we do not have an exact timeline to share. We are going to continue evaluating when the best time to migrate the servers is and will be sure to provide our players with an update when we can. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.
    I do not understand why ZoS did not do it from the get go. Wildstar is doing it, and SWTOR did it. The excuse that "Zenimax is new to the mmo scene" just does not cut it, because so was Bioware, and they still did it from launch.

Edited by Jade1986 on May 6, 2014 4:14PM
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_TristanK‌ Sorry but this is a subscription based mmo and this is not acceptable. I for one will refuse to pay for something long term that isn't even situated in our continent enough is enough. Stop trying to pass us off to with the same old speech the company has given us all since well 5 weeks a go. Send this game f2p and noone would care if it was in the US but to have it in the US and charge us Europeans for it. There has been no increase of performance for us. It still sucks.

Sorry @ZOS_MattFiror‌ but we want a time line not the same jumbled speech you and other devs have given time and time again. Enough of the evaluation, Heres one to evaluate if you guys leave this too long their won't be an EU server left. Or maybe thats the aim?.
    Edited by Kingslayer on May 6, 2014 5:00PM
  • KylarZ
    KylarZ

I guess you dont need my monthly 15 euro. Let me know when you learnt how to run an MMO.
    VR7 Dragonknight
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one gives a *** about your "plans". Until you actually do as you promised before launch, people aren't going to be happy. Would you be happy if the food you ordered was still "planned to arrive" 6h after you ordered it? I think not.

• neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Quick question from us clueless folk here. When every other AAA MMO has done it in the past from the get go - why didnt you guys, too? Is it so hard to find another data center in frankfurt? Did Blizzard occupy all the servers available?

Or do you simply try to get the F2P model going earlier than expected= Because clearly you guys arent interested in getting Euros from us Europeans.
    Edited by neocomab16_ESO on May 6, 2014 5:28PM
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for posting ZOS_TristanK
    But i'm sorry your message don't reassures me at all.
    First saying nothing is almost as pertinent than this message.
    Don't thank us for our patience we've lost it, and we don't have the choice
    And why "we still plan on moving the EU server" instead of we will move the server ?
    For the moment you still plan to do it ?
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    If you leave it too long you will have less players to play on the new server.

Im not effected really, im on the EU server but im not noticing issues, those that are will leave in droves if you dont move it though.
  • Chettb16_ESO
    Chettb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Don't thank us for our patience we've lost it.

Get the freaking Eu Servers to Eu - yesterday!

Edited by Chettb16_ESO on May 6, 2014 7:02PM