Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    The EOS backend is almost all Linux, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Python etc. It's not exactly the Azure bread and butter :D

Console release is supposed to be June. They're still hiring console developers on jobs.zenimax.com, I can imagine it getting pushed.
    If the servers are not located in Europe, I hope they do move it back, otherwise their console population will hit rock bottom within a week.

...why? If it works on PC... Xbox One is Windows 8 kernel with Hyper-V and DirectX 11.
    As I said, I play console ( ESO I play on PC ) and the console population is hyper sensitive when it comes to connections. Not all, but most, and if they have to pay a sub for this game, and a sub for the console service, and find out they are getting lag because of having to play on servers located half way across the world , through an ocean, and across a desert, they will go, very quickly. I know the servers are coming, but again, more than 4 months is not acceptable. Also, 150- 300 ms lag is not "working". The world does not consist of the EU and USA. You also have to think about Russia, Africa, and parts of Asia, they are getting a MINIMUM of 350 ms lag atm, and from what I have seen, up to a constant 1500 ms. Which, if the servers were in Frankfurt, they wouldn't have.

So that's where my £20 a month is going when i donate for them to build wells for water ... really they are all buying gaming rigs and laughing at me XD
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The EOS backend is almost all Linux, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Python etc. It's not exactly the Azure bread and butter :D

Console release is supposed to be June. They're still hiring console developers on jobs.zenimax.com, I can imagine it getting pushed.
    If the servers are not located in Europe, I hope they do move it back, otherwise their console population will hit rock bottom within a week.

...why? If it works on PC... Xbox One is Windows 8 kernel with Hyper-V and DirectX 11.
    As I said, I play console ( ESO I play on PC ) and the console population is hyper sensitive when it comes to connections. Not all, but most, and if they have to pay a sub for this game, and a sub for the console service, and find out they are getting lag because of having to play on servers located half way across the world , through an ocean, and across a desert, they will go, very quickly. I know the servers are coming, but again, more than 4 months is not acceptable. Also, 150- 300 ms lag is not "working". The world does not consist of the EU and USA. You also have to think about Russia, Africa, and parts of Asia, they are getting a MINIMUM of 350 ms lag atm, and from what I have seen, up to a constant 1500 ms. Which, if the servers were in Frankfurt, they wouldn't have.

So that's where my £20 a month is going when i donate for them to build wells for water ... really they are all buying gaming rigs and laughing at me XD
    LOL, not ALL of Africa is Jungles and desert. Lol. : cough : south Africa : cough : No but seriously, there are a few successful African nations, good news just doesn't sell good.

On topic though, I was watching my resource monitor while playing earlier, and it fluxuated from 140ms in low populated areas to 200 ms in highly populated areas....so for the love of all that is holy, give us an ETA Zenimax.

Edited by Jade1986 on May 8, 2014 1:39AM
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS please give us a good update on this today, it's the last day you have to say something before subs start dropping due to this issue and once that happens getting players back is not going to be easy.
  • Snugenz
    Snugenz
    Starnes wrote: »
    ZOS please give us a good update on this today, it's the last day you have to say something before subs start dropping due to this issue and once that happens getting players back is not going to be easy.

This, there's 2 days left on my account, if there's no satisfactory answer or reasonable timeframe given i'll be cancelling my sub before the first paid month.

And it's not a ragequit or a strop, it's a last resort to make ZOS take notice of how unhappy we are with the lack of an EU server and at how we won't stand for their seemingly empty promises.

• Udaku
    Udaku
    ✭✭
    Starnes wrote: »
    And it's not a ragequit or a strop, it's a last resort to make ZOS take notice of how unhappy we are with the lack of an EU server and at how we won't stand for their seemingly empty promises.

True! Read my signature and spread the word!
    Edited by Udaku on May 8, 2014 8:41AM
    Boycott, oppose & unsubscribe!
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console version has been delayed 6 months: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-08-looks-like-the-elder-scrolls-online-on-console-is-delayed

(Relevant as people were suggesting EU move may wait until console release).
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hauke wrote: »
    the buisness managers are interested in making money, they are not interested in the franchise

Then they suck at their job. Making money on a long run = good. Making quick money = bad investment.

But yeah every bachelor of economics has the quick money mindset and every company employs those stupid idiots. And then, they wonder why everything went downwards.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hauke wrote: »
    the buisness managers are interested in making money this quarter
    Guess the point I made about investments increasing profit didn't stick.
    Hodorius wrote: »
    Imagine two scenarios:
    I do not know any numbers so I will invent some.

1. EU server in EU
    You invest 10€ and earn 16€.
    Profit 6€.

2. EU server in US
    You invest nothing and loose half of your subscriptions.
    Now you earn only 8€.
    Profit 8€.

Capitalism is not about making a good game...
    I fear the second scenario is what will happen.
    These Scenarios are only good for Short term predicition, at a guess the longer term would be.

1. Eu server in EU
    You invest 10€
    First year you earn 16€
    Second Year You Earn 14€
    Third year you earn 12€
    First year Profit 8€
    Second Year Profit 14€
    Third Year Profit 12€

2. EU server in US
    You invest nothing and loose half of your subscriptions.
    First Year Profit 8€.
    Second Year Profit 3€.
    Third Year Profit 0€.

Admittedly my figures are just as made up, and assume a slight reduction overtime as leaving players outweigh incoming players (based on Swtor), but I think overall the profit would outweigh the costs. Plus once they have the servers installed, they can use them for future MMOs, increasing their profit margin even more.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Console version has been delayed 6 months: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-08-looks-like-the-elder-scrolls-online-on-console-is-delayed

Not only for those qho suggested but for everyone. Let's just assume ZO is somewhat smart. You know ...minimal smart but still smarter then whitebread. Let's further assume they are aware of the fact that their console version needs to have most of the major bugs fixed. Otherwise, well ...yeah, hell n stuff breaks loose.

Now they need several months to fix stuff, I simply assume you guys (not me, my sub's running out) will have to wait a little longer for class fixes, weapon fixes, armor fixes, passive fixes, quest fixes, combat fixes, and other fixes. So have fun with that :) And keep paying ZO or else they have to delay the console version even longer :( You dont want that, do you? So support your favorite game company!
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experienced some latency issues last night on the EU server and its the first time its really been a noticeable issue for me. I understand its a big issue in cryodil and have experienced it there on the few occasions I've PvPed, but this was solo PvEing without any other players about.

Skills not hitting right away with a noticeable delay before you see the mobs health being effected. Seeing the mob charge his attack, so I block, only for the skill to go right through the block and hit me. And most noticeable of all, mobs running back to their spawn point cause they've just killed me, but I'm able to continue to move/attack for over a second before I actually fall over and die.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

IF this is true, and they don't plan to move the EU servers till THAT long, this game will be on life support by then and will have run the EXACT same course that SWTOR did at first due to horrible mismanagement. I can only pray it doesn't.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IF this is true, and they don't plan to move the EU servers till THAT long, this game will be on life support by then and will have run the EXACT same course that SWTOR did at first due to horrible mismanagement. I can only pray it doesn't.

It's true, it was literally on www.elderscrollsonline.com and linked to a blog post they hadn't posted yet. A communications and now PR gaff by Zenimax. Please note the EU server move link part is purely speculation on this topic, and I doubt true.

By moving back console release from June they will no longer be one of the few Next Gen game releases, and by December "The Witcher 3" and "DragonAge 3" will have shipped. Those are some fine looking RPG games. I think, basically, this launch is a disaster.
  • Jastilus
    Jastilus
    ✭✭
    There really needs to be a date set.

You can't do any Veteran group (or hard solo) content during the evening hours, due to lags that make it impossible to react to anything an let mobs hit you in melee, while you are 20m away on your screen.
    Activating styles or weapon change is a 50/50 chance if the server reacts to the key, etc.

You will loose A LOT of players, if there isn't a reasonable date pronounced very soon.

The community management skills shown by Zenimax until now are just sad. Every answer to really big questions sounds like given by a politician. Sorry, but people don't ask to hear such crap, we get enough of that through the newspaper.

Set a fixed date, don't just blah blah blahbediblah around it. Everyone starts to think you never intended to ever move the servers in the first place.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's true, it was literally on www.elderscrollsonline.com and linked to a blog post they hadn't posted yet. A communications and now PR gaff by Zenimax. Please note the EU server move link part is purely speculation on this topic, and I doubt true.

By moving back console release from June they will no longer be one of the few Next Gen game releases, and by December "The Witcher 3" and "DragonAge 3" will have shipped. Those are some fine looking RPG games. I think, basically, this launch is a disaster.
    On the up side they will be releasing the game during the holiday season, and potentially could get a lot of customers through that. But if they wait that long on the EU server move, the EU servers will be mostly ghost towns by then. I mean, as much hate as SWTOR gets, at least the devs communicate with the fans, and at least my support tickets are addressed within 48 hours, at least I have 12 EU servers to choose from, and at least I don't have to betray the republic when I finish the story line, the expansions EXPAND on the republics role in the galaxy.

Edited by Jade1986 on May 8, 2014 10:48AM
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the up side they will be releasing the game during the holiday season, and potentially could get a lot of customers through that. But if they wait that long on the EU server move, the EU servers will be mostly ghost towns by then. I mean, as much hate as SWTOR gets, at least the devs communicate with the fans, and at least my support tickets are addressed within 48 hours, at least I have 12 EU servers to choose from, and at least I don't have to betray the republic when I finish the story line, the expansions EXPAND on the republics role in the galaxy.

I think, in reality, the game wasn't finished and Zenimax knew that, and the PC players are paying to test the game for console. And I say that as an Xbox One owner with ESO preordered on Xbox One (and I own the game on PC).

There's no way suddenly Zenimax just woke up one day and said 'Geez, we should delay Console... oh, 6 months!'. They've known for a while it was not ready, hence the total lack of ANY footage or screens from Console (which was due to launch NEXT MONTH!) - instead, the PC version just shipped anyway.

So here we are, stuck on loading screens, bots literally flying around in the air, main quests still not working, one main request requiring you to get naked and jump off a bridge to complete it.. Megaserver in the wrong country. And we're paying for that experience.
    Edited by GossiTheDog on May 8, 2014 10:53AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think, in reality, the game wasn't finished and Zenimax knew that, and the PC players are paying to test the game for console. And I say that as an Xbox One owner with ESO preordered on Xbox One. There's no way suddenly Zenimax just woke up one day and said 'Geez, we should delay Console... oh, 6 months!'. They've known for a while it was not ready, hence the total lack of ANY footage or screens from Console (which was due to launch NEXT MONTH!) - instead, the PC version just shipped anyway.
    Honestly they should pull a ffIV here, completely roll back the game, say, "ok guys, we screwed up, and we will fix it" and release it again in the future. Release it when a lot of the bugs are fixed, release it when there is more security in place to fight bots and gold sellers, release it when things are more balanced, and release it when the servers are in the EU.

• Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:25PM
  • Zeeed
    Zeeed
    ✭✭✭
    I will give them one month sub to move servers to EU. Then... Well i move on i guess.
    Last night i had to reboot my router every 1 hour to have playable ping around 190ms !!!
    And thats in vr7 zone aka greenshade where is almost no people !!!
    Edited by Zeeed on May 8, 2014 11:26AM
  • IvorySamoan
    IvorySamoan
    ✭✭✭
    I think what me and my Oceanic brethren are trying to say is this:

1) You are getting a Euro server DEFINITELY at some stage SOON.

2) In the meantime, you have to put up with what we deal with all of the time with no 'light at the end of the tunnel' for us, so to speak.

3) I am 100% on the side of the Euro server and the better playability it will provide our European brothers and sisters - but please bear in mind that your 'unplayable lag' and 'sub CANCELLED' comments irk us Oceanics, as you are basically saying that life 'as we know it' in Tamriel is unbearable, and this brothers and sisters, causes the ire from Oceanics on this thread.
    Just returning some video tapes.........
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:23PM
  • Starnes
    Starnes
    ✭✭✭
    I think what me and my Oceanic brethren are trying to say is this:

1) You are getting a Euro server DEFINITELY at some stage SOON.

2) In the meantime, you have to put up with what we deal with all of the time with no 'light at the end of the tunnel' for us, so to speak.

3) I am 100% on the side of the Euro server and the better playability it will provide our European brothers and sisters - but please bear in mind that your 'unplayable lag' and 'sub CANCELLED' comments irk us Oceanics, as you are basically saying that life 'as we know it' in Tamriel is unbearable, and this brothers and sisters, causes the ire from Oceanics on this thread.

If I lived in the Oceanic region I would not be playing this game, to me it would be unplayable for a sub fee, and I don't see how that can cause ire. If they showed some inkling of interest in the APAC region maybe I would play.

I don't mean to offend but you guys in the Oceanic region should be demanding more for yourselves, not jumping on the EU players for doing exactly what you should be doing.

Edit: Poster above got it right. If you guys demand better for your region I'm right there supporting you on it. Please don't sell yourselves short.
    Edited by Starnes on May 8, 2014 11:43AM
  • Udaku
    Udaku
    ✭✭
    This console release delay suppose to happen to PC version too, but... Who can stop kids to judge the state of the game.
    We all must stand up and demand what was promised to us. EU and Oceania is suffering because someone rushed the launch. This looks like a money grab developing rather than game developing. One who creates the game out of passion and love will be satisfied with any money he makes, but who wants to make a profit he doesn't care for the results and feedback. We can comment here as much as we want, or complain as some of the elitists are calling this, they don't care. They will do what they want or "Soon." If it's the opposite they would give as dates to the future content and real ETA for eu server transfer.

ZOS (excluding community service and moderators) forgets what kind of power we, "subscribing players", have. We can become just players without "subscribing" prefix :)

Boycott, oppose & unsubscribe!
  • ensignedb16_ESO
    Bumping this so hard with my fist.

What really grinds me is that you wait so long, you most likely lost a fair amount of players already because of this. Even in-game zone chat is full of people wondering why the *** the EU server is physically in the US, not even knowing that you have a plan to migrate. You have some communication issues here, obviously. No announcements or concrete plans, the few answers you have are so vague and unpromising that I honestly don't see me playing this much longer. And I'm only level 43. Gained rank 11 in PvP, so obviously that's what gets me with this game. But still, going all the rest of the levels is not at all tempting when I think of all the time PvP has been loading, crashing, timing out.. The thought of the EU server maybe being empty when you finally get around to moving it, is just sad, but also very annoying.

For the moment it's fine to gank and assassinate enemy players, but when hundreds meet at choke points or sieges, the latency comes into its right. So I actually avoid the larger battles for the moment, since it becomes almost unplayable sometimes. Which effectively kills half of the game for any dude looking for organized raids, of course. That pretty much sums up my first month of ESO, though still very enjoyable, I feel like I've been playing "half a game", and thats not because of design flaws, but technical ones. Why should I be paying for one half of a game? Come on..
  • cura666eb17_ESO
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Daendur wrote: »
    the only problem is that ZOS said "Eu servers are not in Eu".
    if they had not said anything, you would not even noticed it.

You can complain about lag and you can receive an answer like "we know there is lag, we are working on optimization" like ANet is doing with GW2.

Is the prolem 0,40€ a day ?

I think you should skip 1 coffee a day... you'll be less nervous and you'll be able to pay 2 subscriptions.

Thank you but i will rather give that 0,40€ a day to some animal shelter then to company who want to save few bucks instead of providing me with the service i fully payed for.

EU server in NA was known before launch. You could have waited.

It was revelaed on 14.03.2014, well after i bought the game. Why didnt they said it before opening preorders?
    elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/03/14/eso-road-ahead
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    the only problem is that ZOS said "Eu servers are not in Eu".
    if they had not said anything, you would not even noticed it.

You can complain about lag and you can receive an answer like "we know there is lag, we are working on optimization" like ANet is doing with GW2.

Is the prolem 0,40€ a day ?

I think you should skip 1 coffee a day... you'll be less nervous and you'll be able to pay 2 subscriptions.

Thank you but i will rather give that 0,40€ a day to some animal shelter then to company who want to save few bucks instead of providing me with the service i fully payed for.

EU server in NA was known before launch. You could have waited.

It was revelaed on 14.03.2014, well after i bought the game. Why didnt they said it before opening preorders?
    elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/03/14/eso-road-ahead

Because you wouldn't have ordered?
  • Nibs
    Nibs
    ✭✭
    And just to really brighten everyone's day:

Many people are claiming that they will or have quit due to this issue.

The suits @ ZOS will then look at the decreased subscriber numbers from Europe and decide that it is not financially viable to move the server to the EU, safe in the knowledge that anyone likely to quit over this will already have done so.

But, if we don't quit over this, those same suits will take that as tacit approval of the current situation and see no good reason to move the servers.

Basically, we're screwed whatever we do...
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    The violent DCs started now... mobs teleport on my character in Coldharbor quests etc. And no, not lightning mages... normal beasts that normally run up to you.
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    I want a megaserver in my LAN !
    My ping must be <1ms or i cancel my sub!!!1!1!1oneone
    Do it now! Now!
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    I want a megaserver in my LAN !
    My ping must be <1ms or i cancel my sub!!!1!1!1oneone
    Do it now! Now!

That is really mature. You should be proud!
  • emailgosurwb17_ESO
    I made a ticket for this loadscreen stuck. They replied that they are working on it, but for now they advised me to switch to lower graphics.

Honestly I do not have any idea how that could help? Because TESO is not taking much resources from my computer and I am pretty sure this is not coming from my hardware side. It is their problem and I think it should get better when server will be moved to EU.