Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will eu server will come to eu ?

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @laced, they never said what Fairydragon3 said they said. You can read the Road Ahead message he/she is referring to on front page of elderscrollsonline.com.

As for console launch on Xbox One - they don't have to use Windows Azure. There's already games on XB1 which aren't using Azure. So they don't HAVE to move to EU by then. However I think they will. I also suspect console release is being pushed back.
    It would be very unwise if they did not move the servers by then, or did not use Windows Azure. Console players are even more picky than PC players when it comes to connections. When is the releasedate from console anyhow, isn't it july? that should be more than enough time for them to have moved it. "Initial launch period" shouldn't be more than 3 months. 4 months is being generous.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EOS backend is almost all Linux, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Python etc. It's not exactly the Azure bread and butter :D

Console release is supposed to be June. They're still hiring console developers on jobs.zenimax.com, I can imagine it getting pushed.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The EOS backend is almost all Linux, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Python etc. It's not exactly the Azure bread and butter :D

Console release is supposed to be June. They're still hiring console developers on jobs.zenimax.com, I can imagine it getting pushed.
    If the servers are not located in Europe, I hope they do move it back, otherwise their console population will hit rock bottom within a week.

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

If the servers are not located in Europe, I hope they do move it back, otherwise their console population will hit rock bottom within a week.

...why? If it works on PC... Xbox One is Windows 8 kernel with Hyper-V and DirectX 11.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whilst it feels like that stuff is more at home on AWS, Azure supports it all with a fair few different Linux breeds available on VM. I personally consider AWS to be quite far ahead of Azure in most areas however (and am a partner of both, so not specifically biased one way or the other).
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

...why? If it works on PC... Xbox One is Windows 8 kernel with Hyper-V and DirectX 11.
    As I said, I play console ( ESO I play on PC ) and the console population is hyper sensitive when it comes to connections. Not all, but most, and if they have to pay a sub for this game, and a sub for the console service, and find out they are getting lag because of having to play on servers located half way across the world , through an ocean, and across a desert, they will go, very quickly. I know the servers are coming, but again, more than 4 months is not acceptable. Also, 150- 300 ms lag is not "working". The world does not consist of the EU and USA. You also have to think about Russia, Africa, and parts of Asia, they are getting a MINIMUM of 350 ms lag atm, and from what I have seen, up to a constant 1500 ms. Which, if the servers were in Frankfurt, they wouldn't have.
    Edited by Jade1986 on May 2, 2014 3:01PM
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    squicker wrote: »

Whilst it feels like that stuff is more at home on AWS, Azure supports it all with a fair few different Linux breeds available on VM. I personally consider AWS to be quite far ahead of Azure in most areas however (and am a partner of both, so not specifically biased one way or the other).

I know that Azure supports Linux, but it's hardly going to be the default choice here. I mean, they have an Zenimax office and a datacenter built in Frankfurt in Germany for Elder Scrolls Online. You can probably tell where it's gonna go.

Not lobbying for AWS, Azure, Linux, Windows etc. I use all of them.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GossiTheDog oh you are right, its in the same article, but not in the Craglorn section. Just a future update. My guess is after Craglorn then
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is for console launch we have a chance to see it move, if the server d'ont move for the console launch it will never move from US.
    This is really bad
    Edited by Zolyok on May 3, 2014 8:18AM
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, it was a theoretical conversation.
    here. I mean, they have an Zenimax office and a datacenter built in Frankfurt in Germany for Elder Scrolls Online. You can probably tell where it's gonna go.

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody know if the datacenter is built or not, they don't want to communicate on this.
    And for office Zeni got office a bit everywhere
    So it's not really reavelent
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their reasons are irrelevant. If it's not in the EU by the next billing cycle, the EU population will plummet. PvP is near unplayable because you can't actually play it as an action game and in PvE even trying to block normal attacks is futile, they land before you can block unless you keep blocking constantly.

Sometimes even heavy attacks just go through even though you have your weapon up for a block.

This is an "action MMO" where you can't play it like an action MMO due to the latency. It's ridiculous and sad. Sad because the people at Zeni have no clue how horrendous it is, neither does the NA trolls. If the tables were turned, the NA people would be crying non-stop as well, and for good reason.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upcoming patch notes stated that the server will be moving after the big patch and the gold spammers are swatted. You won't have long to patiently wait.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hexi wrote: »
    Their reasons are irrelevant. If it's not in the EU by the next billing cycle, the EU population will plummet. PvP is near unplayable because you can't actually play it as an action game and in PvE even trying to block normal attacks is futile, they land before you can block unless you keep blocking constantly.

Sometimes even heavy attacks just go through even though you have your weapon up for a block.

This is an "action MMO" where you can't play it like an action MMO due to the latency. It's ridiculous and sad. Sad because the people at Zeni have no clue how horrendous it is, neither does the NA trolls. If the tables were turned, the NA people would be crying non-stop as well, and for good reason.
    Nailed it. kxvdgzsmvxij.jpg

• Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Do Zeni is aware of the situation ?
    The server is really in pain, and i suspect that theres is no problem with the US server as usual.
  • Santera
    Santera
    EU server: Activation button (E) is almost unresponsive. It takes ages to activate skills and my char just dies. The game is unplayable today for me, relog didn't help.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zolyok wrote: »
    Do Zeni is aware of the situation ?
    The server is really in pain, and i suspect that theres is no problem with the US server as usual.
    US server gets "Lag spikes" but they have no inherent latency issues. We get ridiculous lag spikes, rubber banding, and lots of inherent latency issues, they know about it from what I have been reading, and said will be implementing EU servers after craglorn is released....hopefully....

• KylarZ
    KylarZ
    EU servers need to happen now. There can be no logical reason for not having one in 2014 other than they are being a greedy corporate bakery and trying to save money on the datacenter and staff. Or they could just make this game 5 euro a month until they can get their *** togheter?
    Edited by KylarZ on May 4, 2014 11:00AM
    VR7 Dragonknight
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KylarZ wrote: »
    EU servers needs to happen now. There can be no logical reason for not having one in 2014 other than they are being a greedy corporate bakery and trying to save money on the datacenter and staff. Or they could just make this game 5 euro a month until they can get their *** togheter?
    Their excuse is that it is easier to do updates from the US than the EU datacenters. Which cracks me up because that right their is proof that they are incapable of making an equal gaming experience when crossing the oceans and deserts, lol. So its ok for us to lag constantly, but not ok for them to have to deal with a delay when updating? Nice.

• KylarZ
    KylarZ
    Their excuse is that it is easier to do updates from the US than the EU datacenters. Which cracks me up because that right their is proof that they are incapable of making an equal gaming experience when crossing the oceans and deserts, lol. So its ok for us to lag constantly, but not ok for them to have to deal with a delay when updating? Nice.

Every single MMO i have played managed to update their EU servers just fine. This excuse is bullpoo...
    VR7 Dragonknight
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Every single MMO i have played managed to update their EU servers just fine. This excuse is bullpoo...
    My sentiments exactly. I always use this example. My boss can manage his complex Germany Based security system from China with his cell phone, no problem. Lol. there is no excuse now a days.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Indeed, they can quite easily send the update from US to Eu with only a minutes difference (time to open an email and save files to disk(prior to applying)). It's not even a believable reason, fifteen years ago maybe, but not today.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    US server gets "Lag spikes" but they have no inherent latency issues. We get ridiculous lag spikes, rubber banding, and lots of inherent latency issues, they know about it from what I have been reading, and said will be implementing EU servers after craglorn is released....hopefully....
    Sad to hear that US server got those problem too
    But they never said implementing EU servers after craglorn is released
    Here what they said :
    As soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to hear that US server got those problem too
    But they never said implementing EU servers after craglorn is released
    Here what they said :
    As soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.
    Well, at least they are mentioning it and not saying nothing. I will give them till the end of the next 3 months, and I am sure I am not alone, and then I will jump ship. I would like to support this game after my 4 months of play time, but that is more than enough time to iron things out.

• cura666eb17_ESO
    Im affraid there is big possibility that servers wont come to Europe at all. I have a feeling they are just waiting for most people who will leave the game in first months to leave, then they will announce that current configuration works better than they expected and there is no need to move hardware to EU.

Personally im not resubbing untill i can play on proper EU servers. Cant jusify paying for inferior service.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im affraid there is big possibility that servers wont come to Europe at all. I have a feeling they are just waiting for most people who will leave the game in first months to leave, then they will announce that current configuration works better than they expected and there is no need to move hardware to EU.

Personally im not resubbing untill i can play on proper EU servers. Cant jusify paying for inferior service.
    There are more EU players than US players. Even if we lost 25 percent of EU players, we will still have the same or still more than the Us players. It makes no sense what so ever not to migrate the servers to the ALREADY existing EU datacenters which they spent money on....already.

• grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    When I bought the game, it was supposed to happen "very soon", "just after the initial launch". Anyone would think: "it's about weeks".

But now it's "later", "in 2014".
    or, worst,
    "when the goldseller will be out"

So basically the game could be unplayable during W-E for months, and with a high latency during the rest of the week (for those who can play during the week..).

That's not serious.

Most of us can be patient and wait for improvements on many little things (bugs, broken mechanics, etc..) if the game is still playable. But if it's not then there's a major issue which should be the top priority. Sadly it's not.

Edited by grizzbi on May 4, 2014 1:39PM
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    There are more EU players than US players. Even if we lost 25 percent of EU players, we will still have the same or still more than the Us players. It makes no sense what so ever not to migrate the servers to the ALREADY existing EU datacenters which they spent money on....already.

Nobody said that the EU datacenter is already existing.
    We don't have a single information about the Eu datacenter.
    The most recent answer we have is :
    This is just : " it's not our priority "
    As grizzbi said
    grizzbi wrote: »
    When I bought the game, it was supposed to happen "very soon", "just after the initial launch". Anyone would think: "it's about weeks".
    or, worst,
    Personnaly wen i bought the game the EU data center was supposed to be working for the release.

And when the gold farmers problem will be solved ( thing that blizzard fighting for wow since almost 10 year now ) theres will be the stability fix , we will have to wait " things to settle down ".
    And next ? They'll shurely be busy with the console launch so we will have to wait to them to fix console server and wait again " things to settle down "

It's not a matter or 2/3 month here it's at least 6 month

But actually a lot of player can't play during week-end because of the server load.During the week we have lag and delay, it's quite tolerable for outdoor pve but for pvp and dungeon it's a lot more problematic.
    Edited by Zolyok on May 4, 2014 2:18PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nobody said that the EU datacenter is already existing.
    We don't have a single information about the Eu datacenter.
    The most recent answer we have is :
    This is just : " it's not our priority "
    As grizzbi said
    grizzbi wrote: »
    or, worst,
    Personnaly wen i bought the game the EU data center was supposed to be working for the release.

And when the gold farmers problem will be solved ( thing that blizzard fighting for wow since almost 10 year now ) theres will be the stability fix , we will have to wait " things to settle down ".
    And next ? They'll shurely be busy with the console launch so we will have to wait to them to fix console server and wait again " things to settle down "

It's not a matter or 2/3 month here it's at least 6 month

But actually a lot of player can't play during week-end because of the server load.During the week we have lag and delay, it's quite tolerable for outdoor pve but for pvp and dungeon it's a lot more problematic.
    There is a german thread regarding the EU servers. One of the ZoS people commented on there several times saying the EU servers are already built. They are just running them from the US datacenters for "convenience" atm.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Then there is this. http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/eso-may-1-reddit-ama-transcript/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=eso-may-1-reddit-ama-transcript

2) You mentioned in the road ahead that you are working on moving the EU servers. You don’t mention a time frame, but do you have any hints you could give us? It’s one of the biggest issues I’ve seen talked about by EU players recently, particularly in light of the dreadful lag/latency problems (which may or may not be caused by the location of the datacentre right now, but people will always speculate and assume that it doesn’t help).
    •True fullscreen is in update 1, which is currently in testing on PTS.
    •As for moving the EU servers, This is something that we continue to regularly evaluate and as soon as we can move on from fighting service attacks from gold farmers and fixing stability and server load issues, we’ll move the EU megaserver over to its European hosting center. There’s no exact timeline for this at the moment, but it will happen when things settle down.

Which is reassuring because it implies there is already a European hosting center. But at the same time concerns me because of this part

", This is something that we continue to regularly evaluate"

We will have to see. It would make zero business sense to keep it in the US though, because again, the EU MMO community is double that of the US.They would simply be shooting themselves in the foot by not migrating it.