Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Get prompted to authorize my machine but get no email with access code

• Raubrey
    Raubrey
    ✭✭✭

I hope my friends are as understanding as I am. Their free time is more limited than mine.

Greybeards & Gals Founder
    greybeardsandgals.com
  • sjbezanson
    This is a great way to spend those free 30 days... Waiting for a code to play.
  • Zheke32174b14_ESO
    same thing here, tried waiting 10 minutes each time, no email, tried every single thing possible to reset cookies, temporarily shut down firewalls, reinstall everything, make sure its not going to spam in my email, still nothing, have tried having it resent about 7 times in the past 2 hours.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Well, on a positive note and for the benefit of my family, this minor dilemma is allowing me to take a break and have a much needed bath!

Have fun out there
  • Archmage_Alator
    And just like that I have spent all the free time I have for today on waiting! Cya everyone. I hope that this will be fixed when I get on tomorrow...
  • Ronsu
    Ronsu
    ynjqb7zc2cg7.png
    Exactly same problem here...!

Did NOT get any email with any access code! Cannot play!
    Edited by Ronsu on April 7, 2014 7:24PM
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    And.. I just got kicked from the server and IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN! Gah.
  • Blasphemar
    Same problem here. No code sent to email.
  • msanchez7317
    Just be patient. It took 10-12 minutes, but I got my code. I'm sure everyone logging in is getting a similar prompt, so the automated email program is probably bogged down.
  • Ticare
    Ticare
    ✭✭
    I really feel sorry for all the EU players of this game. Locating EU servers in NA that causes huge latency, maintenances at EU primetime, maintenances taking twice as long as NA ones. Maybe every game has troubles at launch but at least they try.
    It really feels like ZOS couldn't care less about their customers on the other side of the pond.
  • Cara
    Cara
    Keep getting emailed the SAME code and keep getting told it's invalid
  • IcedPrincess
    IcedPrincess
    ✭✭✭
    Experiencing the same problem
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    I got a code actually, but does not work and now i'm locked for 10mins because of too many failed code try's...
    Edited by Andy22 on April 7, 2014 7:24PM
  • Lethintil_ESO
    Try doing a repair on the program. I was having the email issue, but after repair at least got past login.
  • Zheke32174b14_ESO
    also sent a ticket and never got a confirmation email for that either, hm, more curious than anything about what's going on really.
  • msanchez7317
    same thing here, tried waiting 10 minutes each time, no email, tried every single thing possible to reset cookies, temporarily shut down firewalls, reinstall everything, make sure its not going to spam in my email, still nothing, have tried having it resent about 7 times in the past 2 hours.

Everyone is probably trying multiple times, which is just compounding the issue. Be patient, I would imagine the email will come soon.

• Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    Ticare wrote: »
    I really feel sorry for all the EU players of this game. Locating EU servers in NA that causes huge latency, maintenances at EU primetime, maintenances taking twice as long as NA ones. Maybe every game has troubles at launch but at least they try.
    It really feels like ZOS couldn't care less about their customers on the other side of the pond.

And on top of that, we pay more for the privilege.
  • Luciana
    Luciana
    ✭✭
    Same here, I would really hope all the game time lost with this and login timeouts is going to be compensated. >.>
    EU Megaserver
    [MAIN] Luciana - Imperial - Dragon Knight - Aldmeri Dominion
    [ALT] Arrenhe - Altmer - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Just be patient. It took 10-12 minutes, but I got my code. I'm sure everyone logging in is getting a similar prompt, so the automated email program is probably bogged down.

Patient? I've been waiting 50 minutes for a code, which by the time it arrived was invalid. I've been waiting now about 30 minutes for the next code to arrive, which will again be invalid.
  • BierBuikje
    I don't even get an email.. Tried to log in 50 times no mail and no acces.
  • JohnG
    JohnG
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, first time logging in after maintenance, no email after 2 tries now. Would sure be nice if someone would reply to the 300 and growing people here reporting this issue.

If I had to guess someone thought it would be a good idea to make all users go through this process after maintenance and crashed the mail servers.
    Edited by JohnG on April 7, 2014 7:26PM
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    Got code in email just now. Code DID NOT WORK.
    I am extremely angry right now.
  • BierBuikje
    OMG finally an email! And guess what:

You earned the First Comment badge.

Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray! +2 points

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/badge/comment

Have a great day!

An email becouse of my first post.... :'(
  • Gnelfie
    Gnelfie
    ✭✭

Everyone is probably trying multiple times, which is just compounding the issue. Be patient, I would imagine the email will come soon.

Even if you get in, there is a big chanse for Error and boot out again. Friend of mine is in, and he tells me alot of people online have issues aswell. Wisest course of action would be to properly bring the server down again and troubleshoot properly.
  • Edhenor
    Edhenor
    Soul Shriven
    no login , no authorize, no play - sorry Zenimax you fail
  • jubov
    jubov
    I've been able to log in to character screen a couple of times (without codes), but still can't get into game.
  • Aletheides
    Taking too long for the emails to arrive. they only last 10 minutes but that isnt helping us as it takes longer than 10 minutes for their web server to send them.
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    3d access code.

I put my game in wondow mode, tried to login and got that I needed a code, left that window open and just waited for mail. Once the mail got there, I put it in the and this time it worked.

It was 3d email though and I've been drying for 1hour and 20min so good luck. I hope I don't get kicked out.
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • sjbezanson
    I've been waiting for about a half hour for a code to show up... I'm surprised someone got one in 12 minutes... Is there any rhyme or reason to how this works? Kind of a pain in the ass since I just committed to a 30 day subscription with my credit card on the website just fine.

Easy to put in your CC info, hard to log in? Sounds like a great setup.
  • Pynchon
    Pynchon
    Soul Shriven
    Add another to the list. Login asks for access code, yet I have received no access code...

Edit: Received at 3:34, 30 minutes after it was requested.
    Edited by Pynchon on April 7, 2014 7:39PM