Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Get prompted to authorize my machine but get no email with access code

• dhallbergb16_ESO
    dhallbergb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Now the server just boots me randomly and wont let me log back in becouse of time-outs... yeah.. im out
  • shoultzilla
    Now the server just boots me randomly and wont let me log back in becouse of time-outs... yeah.. im out

Bye drama queen. That stage is that way
    >

• Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    bah, changed PW and get to see my character. crash out and get the stupid login code request - anda code in my inbox. now the code isn't accepted. stupid security
  • gaelichero_ESO
    gaelichero_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The launcher finally patched the client and I could log in ... BUT now I have to enter a code to authorize my machine... again... Fine, no problem I've done that before - I check my email and... nothing. Not in the spam-folder, nowhere to be found.

Looks like the update not only breaks the client side, it breaks the server side too. This is what happens when *everything* is reset from a little patch. Everybody has to wait for verification code. It's not like they had to invent something. MMORPG companies have been doing fine with log-ins for years. How did you blow this one? Use the Same people who wrote Obamacare online?

Welcome to The Elder scrolls of Obamacare.
  • Naisout
    Naisout
    HELLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • kamohs212eb17_ESO
    kamohs212eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yey, i'm in! and i lost all my guilds!
    Edited by kamohs212eb17_ESO on April 7, 2014 7:59PM
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Same problem when I try to log in US megaserver.

Different problem when I try to log in EU server.

Result? You cant play the game you payed for.
  • Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    Now i get permanent "Hey, *** happens :smile: " error ("An unknown error is occured") near Char selection screen.
    right with you
  • DrywFiltiarn
    DrywFiltiarn
    ✭✭✭
    I logged in about 45 minutes ago without trouble, then got booted when I tried entering the Harborage with "Error - An unknown error occurred", then logged back in without trouble and was inside the Harborage. Then I completed the quest, left the Harborage, got booted again with "Error - An unknown error occured", to find out that now my computer turned untrusted and I need an access code which I haven't received...

Something is going wrong here.

Update...
    After about 15 minutes of waiting I got the code.
    Edited by DrywFiltiarn on April 7, 2014 7:54PM
  • brokerxxx4eb17_ESO
    login inccorect !! exxx i cant play 2 days but i pay many 80 euro it is big problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    same here
  • Gruffysb16_ESO
    Gruffysb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I finally get an auth code after about 30 mins then when entering it in I find out that its no longer valid.

This sucks
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    FIX THIS CRAP
  • troy.hostetler_ESO
    FIX this BS!!! Ive been locked out not for 10 minutes but for 30+ minutes. FIX THE GAME!!!
  • brokerxxx4eb17_ESO
    where is piople hy is play naw &!!!????????????????????
  • Oevaag_Bur
    Oevaag_Bur
    ✭✭
    Finally got a valid code only to find that I can't load any character. "Unknown error". I do hope we'll see accounts receive a "free day" as compensation for this ^^
  • bellacatorina
    bellacatorina
    Soul Shriven
    well it's nice to know I have company :(
  • ESObtst_Grig
    No e-mail !!
  • codeasmaneb17_ESO
    codeasmaneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i hope i get 50k gold on my char acc or a f..... HORSE
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    what language is this?

• Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    hold your breath I got to char screen, change your password and you don't get the authorization thingy
    The thing is we shouldnt have to change our passwords, that is complete idiocracy

• dasile
    dasile
    finally got in, got booted in 1 min. now asking for the stupid code again wich was wrong code again... try again in 10 min.
  • brokerxxx4eb17_ESO
    sor i dont spiker inglish but i pay many and i whant to play!
  • Gruffysb16_ESO
    Gruffysb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Spartycuss wrote: »
    what language is this?

I believe its LOLKhajiit speak.
  • brokerxxx4eb17_ESO
    i yave mail and i have code --in this mail
    naw i cant play and cant login
  • scave
    scave
    A little bit of progress each time:

After waiting a while finally got the email code, used it and got to character select. Then received repeated 'unknown errors' after selecting my character.

After several attempts finally got into the game only to receive 'unknown error' when changing zone after about 10 mins of play.
  • brokerxxx4eb17_ESO
    sorri i am from ukraine my inglish big bad i whwnt play but play is big problem
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I the end I got in without code. Had no problems in game except laggy chat.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    I manage (with some tries) to get to character selection, trying to log in with character => Unknown error.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

For those of you encountering an issue with the one-time code, could you please try logging completely out of the game (close the client) and try again. If you are still unable to log in, please try these steps:

If the verification code is not working on the website, try one or more of the following steps:

1. Clear cache, delete cookies, and restart the browser.
    2. Disable Pop-Up blockers.
    3. Try a different browser.
    4. If possible, try to log into the website on a different computer.
    5. Copy/paste the code, and ensure the space before and after the code is deleted. Also ensure the space in the middle is there, in case there is a blank space in the actual code.

If the verification e-mail never arrives, try one or more of the following steps:

1. Check the spam folder
    2. If the address is from a Gmail account, check the Social and Promotion folders.
    3. If using a firewall or antivirus, disable these temporarily before requesting a new code.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post