Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Get prompted to authorize my machine but get no email with access code

• Lockus
    Lockus
    same problem. feel so angry. pay money and what i get? firstly, 4 hours of patching, after that this *** with code. its 23-00, i am going to sleep. one day lost. thanks Zenimax for good day
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    same here.
  • Madcross
    Madcross
    Soul Shriven
    Got the e-mail after 50mins waiting, guess what wrong code. :smiley: Not the best timing for patching things like that Zenimax :neutral_face:
  • Hasle
    Hasle
    awww.. this forum rage is nothing compared to the raging of WoW subscribers back in vanilla when realms went down unexpected :p
  • Cara
    Cara
    Oh, and I got a badge for posting that comment. Frankly, I'd prefer access to the game. At least on those occasions when the servers are actually up.
  • stjobe
    stjobe
    ✭✭
    No email here either.

Also, whoever thought ALT was a good idea to use for "Cancel" in the box to enter the code seriously couldn't have thought on how Windows users get from one app to another.

Hint: ALT-TAB closes the code box, as does ALT-ENTER.
  • t0bi
    t0bi
    Soul Shriven
    same ip same ip same ip same ip why code why code why code why code why cod
    same ip same ip same ip same ip why code why code why code why code why cod same ip same ip same ip same ip why code why code why code why code why cod
  • Piccos
    Piccos
    Hah! I'm in and playing :wink:
  • Bill_Deatherage
    Bill_Deatherage
    Soul Shriven
    had the same problem initially. then went made sandwich, came back checked e-mail and got a working code. guess i was lucky
  • blofthouse2004
    i hate you :)
  • Pachanqua
    Pachanqua
    Lol, i just had my first post in forum, and i get an e-mail saying "You earned the First Comment badge".

So u can send me a mail saying that, bud not my accescode?
  • t0bi
    t0bi
    Soul Shriven
    10 comments yeah!
  • Cara
    Cara
    Exactly Pachanqua. Pitiful.
  • Telfear
    Telfear
    same issue as most, although waiting patiently :)
  • Prolaming
    Prolaming
    Soul Shriven
    20 minutes, still no email...
  • reggiekisb14_ESO
    Come on people fix this. Send me the damn email.
  • Hasle
    Hasle
    Quick game of ARAM in LoL will surely fix this issue!
  • lazken
    lazken
    Jesus, this is just pitiful. How do you manage to get something this wrong?
  • DealWithMeal
    Did someone come in without code? I hate them
  • sjbezanson
    Same problem.
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    Hasle wrote: »
    awww.. this forum rage is nothing compared to the raging of WoW subscribers back in vanilla when realms went down unexpected :p

you see, a crashed server sucks but affects everyone equally.

I haven't received ANY authentication mail yet, and even if I do the 10 minute timeframe is probably long closed.

a crashed server is more of an "oops" - this whole prime time maintenance AND introducing security features is sheer incompetence. bravo zenimax.

Edited by Krym on April 7, 2014 7:07PM
  • blofthouse2004
    got in with second access code, but its now hung ona loading screen which im scared to cancel in anyway :)
  • Gnelfie
    Gnelfie
    ✭✭
    While sitting here and checking on and off after that rumored code and attempts to push the way in past it...I actually managed to clean my inbox from 300 trash mail...

gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Ace-Ventura-Slinky-Isnt-This-Incredible.gif
  • dhallbergb16_ESO
    dhallbergb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Finally got in after 1 hour of trying to get that bloody email... way to go ZOS.. bloody epic fail
  • Marthanna
    Marthanna
    Same here....
  • goz
    goz
    Soul Shriven
    So I finally got the correct code after 50minutes of waiting. I don't wanna complain that much but the person/s who is/are managing the patching should reconsider their current job and how they handle it. The delusional idea to patch while primetime is very very very bold. Even more, the negative impressions of the patching process make the whole game look bad which is sad since it is a really great game. I hope to see a change in the future...
  • nostradama
    This is sad after this much Beta time problems problems , if i bought a new car with this much trouble , they wouldn`t sell another one .
    For years to come.
  • Fawlcha
    Fawlcha
    ✭✭
    Same here. Good to see we ain't the only ones !
  • jubov
    jubov
    I'm just posting to see if I too get "first post" email, since I'm not seeing any access codes in my inbox!

EDIT: and I get the "First Comment" mail instantly...
    Edited by jubov on April 7, 2014 7:09PM
  • foofighter5
    got a code and its invalid...