Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Get prompted to authorize my machine but get no email with access code

• torstenb16_ESO8
    same here since hours.........
  • SamAkira
    SamAkira
    ✭✭
    So..after about 40 mins waiting for email for access code, I quit the game, tried again, only this time, didn't ask for me code, and I was in the game. Only now I keep getting kicked out due to an "Unknown Error"
    Edited by SamAkira on April 7, 2014 7:09PM
  • Newskool1_ESO
    Where is the facking code?? Also where is true fullscreen and FOV adjustments??
  • blofthouse2004
    i'm in, but all friends have gone, guilds have gone too...god damn!!!
  • Cara
    Cara
    The irony is, I'm trying to register the game in the first place. Y'know...sort of start giving them an account and money. Obviously they don't much need it.
  • bromo
    bromo
    ditto
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/569900

Exactly 1 hour since it was "Fixed", still can't login. 1 Email not working, now a locked account. Yay.
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • Deradorn
    Deradorn
    Soul Shriven
    OMG! They just detonated a tactical nuclear device on US soil! Don't worry though, Jack Baur saw it, had a little tear in his eye, then got angry......terrorists are about to have a bad day! (Watching 24 season 6 and passing the time waiting for a login code by making occasional commentry on the story so far!)
    Edited by Deradorn on April 7, 2014 7:11PM
  • Archmage_Alator
    After getting into character screen, and an unknown error, it once again asked for an auth code, and I recieved one, but again it was invalid.
  • Amaranth
    Amaranth
    ✭✭
    Same here. Hopefully the server will catch up soon, was hoping to get in a couple hours of playtime while I still have a chance.
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    Got my code, but it does not work. Just tells My previous attempt failed and to wait 10 minutes and I get nothing. And now can't log in at all. (38 minutes ago)
    Edited by Zxaxz on April 7, 2014 7:12PM
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • orlandosrtub17_ESO
    orlandosrtub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Every time they attempt to fix something they break something else....this sucks!!!!
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Waited 50 minutes, code arrives, but now of course invalid ...
  • doncizek
    doncizek
    same problem, then i just switched to non trusted machine and back to trusted on login screen and game is suddenly working.. even without patch
    Edited by doncizek on April 7, 2014 7:14PM
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    I've been sitting here for days and just realised that I need a bath... Oh dear!
  • Gilrael
    Gilrael
    Something is really wrong: I could finally log in without entering the damn code, I had just received after 45 min waiting. Then I played for 10 min, couldn't access bank, then zoned and was prompted back to log in screen, with guess what... A NEW REQUEST FOR F...... CODE, and of course the one I got earlier was not valid...
  • Bartichello
    it didn't ask me about it earlier when i visited my EU server character during the down time. it only does for the NA server. My pc has been authed to my account since januari

edit: i just tried the EU server again and it works fine. only the NA server is giving me this prompt.
    Edited by Bartichello on April 7, 2014 7:15PM
  • smrthiefx
    smrthiefx
    Soul Shriven
    Same
  • codeasmaneb17_ESO
    codeasmaneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    im having the same problem, i got the new code but ges what is to late for it. i did notice too was the launcher made the the update but the version is still the old one.....
  • Poebelpus
    Poebelpus
    Same problem. My patience with this buggy game is about to end. >.<
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Same here :(
  • Thefall3n
    Thefall3n
    Bethesda and Zenimax! The worst with this error is not that it occured, but your lack of involvement in the community that bought the game. Tell us why, what you are doing, and hopefully a time for a possible solution. Your silence tells us you are arrogant and dont care!
  • Gnelfie
    Gnelfie
    ✭✭
    Pull me slowly backwards...seems the one code I did get is working, Maybe. Now its loadtime of doom! And hello cute kitty on character screen...<Peers left. Peers right> Yosh...dare I try the "Play" button or not...red or blue cable...

An unknown Error has occured!

<Tumbleweed...faceplant...fetches candy>
    Edited by Gnelfie on April 7, 2014 7:16PM
  • Aquilon
    Aquilon
    ✭✭
    My university's mail center FINALLY allowed me to pick up my imperial edition(They said FedEx decided NOT to show up on Friday), so hoping to finally be able to subscribe, I get this. Ugh. Just my luck.
  • Dayradon
    Dayradon
    Not sure who needs to keep this in mind, the players or the maintenance team but... When you patch and require an email to be sent out to let players play again, and there are oh thousands of players all trying to log in and the email system gets hammered with 1000's of email requests.... things could be delayed... or worse the email server could crash.
  • Prolaming
    Prolaming
    Soul Shriven
    Can I switch this instant email for the one I need to play the game?

You earned the First Comment badge.

Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray! +2 points

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/badge/comment

Have a great day!
  • davidkinderb16_ESO
    and me
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin
    8:10PM
    The European megaserver is now back online with patch 1.02, and the "login timed out" error has been fixed. Please be aware that you will be asked to validate your account using the one-time password authenticator.

They are stating about the code here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/569900

Regardless, still doesn't work at all.
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • anarquista
    anarquista
    ✭✭
    same here :(((
  • davidkinderb16_ESO
    I don't want a bloody badge I want a code to get on the game