Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to fix your Login Information is Incorrect problem 6/04/2014

• Ezaroth
    Ezaroth
    Soul Shriven
    For anyone that paid for the game from a third party, such as Green Man Gaming. You need to enter ANOTHER code. Check your email from the third party you bought from and look for a different code to input. Hopefully, this is what will fix things.

Bad design Zenimax, you should have done better than this.
  • ThomasSenior
    This mishap will prob hit the gamer articles - not handled well.
  • Ziiko
    Ziiko

Sorry to say but this is how it always was with MMO´s. You activate the product, choose a payment plan and then have 30 days free.

Not always.

In any case, if you're going to communicate things to your customers you need to communicate frequently, clearly and DIRECTLY. This should've been communicated very clearly through an email blast to everyone that had an account using early access and the email didn't have to be particularly complex:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your purchase of the Digital Imperial Edition! We hope you've been enjoying your early access to the Elder Scrolls Online. Early access will terminate at 9AM EST on Sunday, April 6th. As part of your purchase, you are entitled to an additional 30 days of free game time. In order to continue your adventures in Tamriel, simply set up a subscription or enter a code for pre-paid game time. Your account will be charged a small authorization hold to confirm the payment method, but you will not be charge for game time until your free 30 days have expired.

In order to avoid web traffic/site congestion, we advise you set up this recurring plan prior to Sunday April 6th. Best wishes...blah blah blah."

Posting the message to the launcher assumes everyone is playing all the time - you take our contact info, so use it! You can also post it to the launcher, but that should not have been the primary mode of communication.
    Edited by Ziiko on April 6, 2014 1:36PM
  • runepower
    runepower
    this is so much *** zanimax please just fix your *** for once you can't just say pay for it we will sent the money back to you.... what if i want to pay with prepaid *** how am i getting that money back....
  • Seyyah
    Seyyah
    Soul Shriven
    I bought the digital edition of the game through elderscrollsonline.com... i had set up my payment plan at the purchase... verified it and such...

i do NOT have a physical code, nor received an e-mail containing it...

Assuming that blasted que moved and i got in, how on earth am i going to redeem a code that has not been delivered to me?

Very very very bad move guys...
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    class101 wrote: »
    If you can't find subscriptions try this link I took it off mine

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/account/billing/change-subscription

So yeah, this link worked for me. However, it brings up the message, "In order to set up a subscription, you must first own the game. Please visit the store to purchase the game or enter a Retail Product Key Code."

Um, yeah, about that...I preordered the physical Imperial Edition from Best Buy online a couple months ago. Because I like physical collector's edition goodies. I'll spare you the details of my fiasco with Best Buy and my post office, but suffice it to say: I do not have my physical copy of the game yet. So therefore, I do not have my Retail Product Key Code.

So basically, I'm boned, and heads up: so is anyone else who bought but hasn't received their physical game copy yet.

Explains it yeah they don't want you to add a subscription if you don't own the first "sesame" the original game

You seem to have been able to play the early access without "officially" owning the game, sounds weird

Hope you get your issue sorted out, good luck dude
  • Abadaman
    Abadaman
    Soul Shriven
    what the... i am in the game right now, didnt even add subscription or another code..
  • KK_Ice
    KK_Ice
    This suck s so much...
  • rmarsh936
    rmarsh936
    ✭✭
    I had to re-enter the activation code, even though I had done that once already, and that took care of the problems, I was able to enter my billing information.
  • eruexe
    eruexe
    This is crap, I get redirected to the store with an error message:
    "here were issues with your recent transaction attempt. Please check the provided information again or contact support at http://help.elderscrollsonline.com"

Right after clicking the payment method i am going to use.
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yea I only use pre-paid visa cards to purchase things online..what is gonna happen? Guess Ill get one for 50 dollars and set it up for 3 months instead of 6 months like I had planned.
    Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    Sorry to say but this is how it always was with MMO´s. You activate the product, choose a payment plan and then have 30 days free.

Wrong. You sign up on other subscription-based MMOs that offer free time, enjoy your free time, and subscribe at a time of your own choosing. This is not standard practice.

What MMO´s are these? F2P ones? ;)

Every sub based MMO works after the same procedure, believe me I played many of them ;)
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    eruexe wrote: »
    "here were issues with your recent transaction attempt. Please check the provided information again or contact support at http://help.elderscrollsonline.com"

got that too keep trying
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    class101 wrote: »
    eruexe wrote: »

got that too keep trying

greeeaaatt
  • runepower
    runepower
    so we have to put up a subscribtion method even though EVERYONE who bought the game have the free 30 days how did zanimax failed at this...

Thank you zanimax for ruining my sunday thank you very much...
    Edited by runepower on April 6, 2014 1:57PM
  • jackal2002eb17_ESO
    It's ridiculous I`ve paid big money for the game!!! And when i bought it i was told that i have 30 days of game there were no information that i would need to pay more money!!!!! Thats looks like fraud and deceit!!!
  • axel.sundellneb18_ESO
    this is so dump they put a sub plan wtf what if u want to play now on the release for 1 month and not play on the summer and start at fall again -.- soooo stupid zenimax.

im just pissed kuz i dont have money right now and cant get me free 30 days whitout setting the plan and paying 12$
  • tambo.01b16_ESO
    tambo.01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the payment period has been extended. I'm in the queue to enter my sub details, but the game has let me back in.
  • braz99b14_ESO
    braz99b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I can confirm you are not billed until your free time runs out. I just finished my sub setup. Also I can confirm you do need another code to activate the sub part.
    Edited by braz99b14_ESO on April 6, 2014 1:59PM
  • Lascoux
    Lascoux
    Doesn't change the fact that this is a dirty re-bill. What other purpose would entering your account information before the trial is over have? Trying to sneak you a bill, dirty, dirty modern scam technique
  • silkenriftercub18_ESO
    Thank you Zenimax for realizing that it was a bad idea to lock people out of a game for which they'd already paid because you wanted to confirm they would be able to pay you a subscription fee in a month . At least we can play while sitting in line waiting to pre-authorize.
    Edited by silkenriftercub18_ESO on April 6, 2014 2:12PM
  • JesseLSATb14_ESO
    The thing that's frustrating is that I DID choose a subscription plan when I bought the game. But now, I can't log in because for some bizarre reason I'm expected to set it up again. (And, like everyone else here, I can't because there's a giant queue)
  • runepower
    runepower
    so we had you guys at zanimax really had to make us angry first to realize that you are horrible at planning stuff ahead and think before putting something up... next time think carefully about this kind of stuff before you put it in instead of putting it in without even thinking about it.
  • VonL
    VonL
    I am using paysafe card, do i have to go out and buy one so i can do this??
  • eruexe
    eruexe
    still same message. wtfh.
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    VonL wrote: »
    I am using paysafe card, do i have to go out and buy one so i can do this??

You will need to use any kind of online payment in order to get subscription. This also includes gamecards which will be released in a few weeks.
    Edited by Zilyana on April 6, 2014 2:25PM
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    I am using a valid visa card! it keeps saying an error occurred!! WTF???
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzrdd wrote: »

You need to make sure you have at least $15 available.
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Zilyana wrote: »
    Lizzrdd wrote: »

You need to make sure you have at least $15 available.

YEA there is 50 bux on it!!!
  • VonL
    VonL
    Yes, but now, in order to play, do i have to go out and buy a new paysafe so i can activate this and be playable? I don't use credit cards !