How to fix your Login Information is Incorrect problem 6/04/2014

• TtT
    TtT
    TtT wrote: »
    That's odd, I bought a digital copy as well..

I bet you're having the same trouble as me then. The customer service rep I talked to yesterday even confirmed that the code should have automatically attached to my account but that it didn't. I just haven't gotten a solution or response since then. I think there are multiple problems with logging in and ours is different from the others, since ours is a digital copy from the official site.
    It's odd because I actually can login and choose a subscription method. The problem that I'm having though is that I don't have a credit card and am not willing to pay up front for another month since apparently that is the only way to activate the included 30 days if you use a game time card like me.
    Options
  • crdroxxpl
    crdroxxpl
    Ziiko wrote: »

Sorry to say but this is how it always was with MMO´s. You activate the product, choose a payment plan and then have 30 days free.

Not always.

In any case, if you're going to communicate things to your customers you need to communicate frequently, clearly and DIRECTLY. This should've been communicated very clearly through an email blast to everyone that had an account using early access and the email didn't have to be particularly complex:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your purchase of the Digital Imperial Edition! We hope you've been enjoying your early access to the Elder Scrolls Online. Early access will terminate at 9AM EST on Sunday, April 6th. As part of your purchase, you are entitled to an additional 30 days of free game time. In order to continue your adventures in Tamriel, simply set up a subscription or enter a code for pre-paid game time. Your account will be charged a small authorization hold to confirm the payment method, but you will not be charge for game time until your free 30 days have expired.

In order to avoid web traffic/site congestion, we advise you set up this recurring plan prior to Sunday April 6th. Best wishes...blah blah blah."

Posting the message to the launcher assumes everyone is playing all the time - you take our contact info, so use it! You can also post it to the launcher, but that should not have been the primary mode of communication.

No idea why we NEED MULTIPLE CODES. I redeemed and received confirmation in FEBRUARY 2014.

So someone please explain what gives and WHY WE DO NEED SEVERAL CODES TO PLAY?
    Edited by crdroxxpl on April 6, 2014 11:31PM
    Options
  • veqluna
    veqluna
    The transaction was not authorized. I have this massage How can I fix this . T___T
    Options
  • Amianthium
    I bought a game for 80 euros.. i got 30 days of time, payed for in the 80 euros.. not a free play time or trial or whatever.. i dont have 15$ on my account.. i dont because i used my money this month for sorting out things we needed in time for the arrival of my unborn daughter.. now i am waiting at the 6th - soon 7th hour for a callback from Zenimax to sought this out.. and some people i hear only waiting 30 mins - 1 hour.. got a solution for this? because Zenimax ignores their own official forums..
    Options
  • themeONE
    themeONE
    I am unable to login the game, i get a login error saying login information incorrect however i use the exact same info to login to the account.elderscrollsonline.com site.

I have no option to add a subscription under my account.
    I've read the forum post with the fancy screen shot where it showed up for the coolguy writing the article, but its not there on my screen, and my game is listed as (on account summary)
    ::
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Member Since April 2, 2014
    Account Status: Early Access
    ::
    billing history shows 5 days early access starting on the 2nd
    I purchased the pre-order a couple days after friends had started playing it.

I think the problem was i activated the 5 free days 2 days into it, so there are technically still free days according to the computer, that is why no subscription option is showing because techincally im registering as having paid.
    FIX THIS FAIL AND REIMBURSE US FOR WASTING OUR TIME
    Options
  • Roxanne
    Roxanne
    Roxanne wrote: »
    Roxanne wrote: »
    I can't access my account or the game. It says that my password is wrong but I suspect it has to do with me not setting up my subscription. Am I correct in assuming that and, if so, how can I correct this? Thank you for any suggestions you can give.
    Yes, it has to do with the subscription. Go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/account/billing/change-subscription and choose your subscription method. If you don't have a credit card or PayPal, you will need to pay up front for at least another month.

I understand that, but the website is not allowing me to log in, it says my password is wrong. It appears that I am fine on the forums though.
    It happened to me only in-game, I'm not sure what the problem is with your account.

That's odd, I bought a digital copy as well..

Well, I've tried resetting the password, which it allowed me to do, but it's giving me the same error message. I know it must have to do with everything that's been going on with the account set up stuff. Thanks for the input.

Options
  • AstraStarr
    Zilyana wrote: »
    Check account summary.

Staring at the screen. Clicked through all of the menus. (Side Menu Edit Account Info, Email Preferences, Change Password, Update Security Questions, Billing History, Reedem Code). No option to setup a SUB.

I purchased my games (2x accounts) via GAMESTOP, not ESO online. Does this make a difference?

I also purchased a hard copy. I tried to enter the game code into "redeem code" and it says "you need elder scrolls online to do that". Its fully downoaded, upto date and ready to go but I can't make my account and my game "speak" to each other. I sent support an email last night. Nothing so far.
    Options
  • AstraStarr
    Check account summary.

Staring at the screen. Clicked through all of the menus. (Side Menu Edit Account Info, Email Preferences, Change Password, Update Security Questions, Billing History, Reedem Code). No option to setup a SUB.

I purchased my games (2x accounts) via GAMESTOP, not ESO online. Does this make a difference?

Redeem your code you received from GAMESTOP.
    Doesn't work. Says "you need eso to do this" ... well its in my lap and also fully loaded and updated?!

Options
  • michaelrechel
    same problem... i dont have any option to set up a sub... THAT SUCKS! DAMN!
    Options
  • crdroxxpl
    crdroxxpl
    No idea why we NEED MULTIPLE CODES. Email I received in FEBRUARY 2014 after redeeming my codes:
    "Greetings John,
    Thank you for redeeming your pre-order code for The Elder Scrolls® Online. You’re now registered for The Explorer’s Pack, which includes the following digital rewards:
    The ability to play as any race in any alliance
    The Scuttler vanity pet
    Exclusive treasure maps
    3 days early access to the game before the official launch
    You’ll receive these digital rewards when you first log-in to The Elder Scrolls® Online game at official launch. We’ll also contact you at your account’s registered email address with information about early game access as we get closer to game release in April 2014.
    Be sure to check our official site, elderscrollsonline.com, for the latest news and information.
    If you have any questions about your pre-purchase, you can contact us at help.elderscrollsonline.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
    Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls® Online Team"

I entered my GAMESTOP Codes, "Invlaid Code." I tried to follow the sub-link posted earlier, "You need ESO to do this."
    ANYONE CARE TO ANSWER UP AND HELP US? I've been waiting 4 HOURS for an agent to call after your site said they would call me TODAY.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    Selvator wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but:

Can I use my Paypall and after the transaction is complete and have my money back remove my paypall subscription plan?

I want to play now with my 30 day free time but afterwards I will use gamecards, I don't want a auto charge after 30 days because I always FORGET to turn those darn things off -,-"

Seriously I just want to use my 30 days FREE game time without paying for more now :(

Yes you can use Paypal and yes you can cancel your Paypal subscription plan.
    Options
  • psychedelicpsycho
    done with this game ill go back to wow or any other game really. if this is how things are then this game is done. and for the people who would rather just play skyrim http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9091974/Elder_Scrolls_V_-_Skyrim_-_Legendary_Edition_(Eng_Rus)_Lossless_ enjoy :D
    Options
  • tRaB
    tRaB
    RLY I MUST SUBSCRIBE ! FOR WHAT I PAY FOR GAME THEN WHAT A PATEHIC GAME .
    Options
  • tRaB
    tRaB
    What a brainless ppl making this game
    Options
  • xIatronachIx
    i didnt receive a 30day code with my digital imperial preorder in the purchase confirmation e-mail or any other afterwards, I also dont have a credit card and am unable to travel to a retailer that sells game cards. so am i pretty much screwed or?
    Options
  • isak.ytroypreeb18_ESO
    Where do I find the subscription plan?
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt receive a 30day code with my digital imperial preorder in the purchase confirmation e-mail or any other afterwards, I also dont have a credit card and am unable to travel to a retailer that sells game cards. so am i pretty much screwed or?

If you have Paypal you can setup your account with your bank account providing you are over 18.
    Options
  • TtT
    TtT

If you have Paypal you can setup your account with your bank account providing you are over 18.

I've been told by someone who tried that, that you still need to add a credit card to your Paypal account for them to accept the Paypal payment. He ended up still pre-paying for an additional month and paying €5 administration fee to transfer his money back to his bank account.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What if you don't have a credit card?
    Options
  • proshoes
    proshoes
    I tried to do subscription thing like 50 times, good thing I had only 15€ on my account because they took it, and they would have taken more if there was more. Subscription kept saying it was unable to authorize though. What a *** robbery for some people. I imagine there are people who lost over 500$, wouldn't even wonder too much if someone went to zenimax and bash their unorganized heads. Pff.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't have a credit card and I am guessing you don't want to get one I recommend buying a pre-paid visa card. If you can't/won't get that then the only other way is to contact customer support. I heard that there was a code that you can receive from an ZOS admin which will allow you to access your 30 days of free game time. However I do not know if that is a rumor or the truth.
    Options
  • crdroxxpl
    crdroxxpl
    I've asked for phone help from the ESO staff quite a few times now. Its been almost 24 hours, when are they planning to help us with this problem?
    Options
  • Apolonius
    Apolonius
    crdroxxpl wrote: »
    I've asked for phone help from the ESO staff quite a few times now. Its been almost 24 hours, when are they planning to help us with this problem?

Never, customer support isnt part of the TOA
    Options
  • GenNyan
    GenNyan
    I happen to not have a credit card. There are no game time cards in any retailers. I already paid my 60 dollars. I'm thinking the best [only] way to get their [Zenimax's] attention is to swear in a post.
    Options
  • NyoX
    NyoX
    GenNyan wrote: »
    I happen to not have a credit card. There are no game time cards in any retailers. I already paid my 60 dollars. I'm thinking the best [only] way to get their [Zenimax's] attention is to swear in a post.

Go Get Your Money Back!! This game is actually really good, but the Dev's and Zenimax *** Suck!!!
    There, I swore for ya. Hopefully it works. I already canceled my order from Amazon. So shortly I'll have 120.00 extra bucks. And all because no real customer support from this company. I just wanted the statue to put in my aquarium anyway. I'll get one off ebay.
    Good luck to all of you that try and stick it out.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    GenNyan wrote: »

Nah they come onto the post, edit it and then ignore your problem and go back to watching Fairly Odd Parents and drinking milk chocolate.
    Options
  • mcnubblez
    mcnubblez
    Soul Shriven
    So I bought my copy at gamestop. I got the game code and put in the sub information and it gave me an error each time saying it's unauthorized. I checked my bank because I had resent the info several times with no luck and had 4 charges of $14.99. Under each purchase it says "pending debit card purchase" so I'm not sure if they will refund all $60 or just $15. Either way, I read that it can take around 30 minutes to update in their systems. I really hope it all pans out soon so I can just get over this problem and start playing. I'll make an edit once I find out more.
    Options
  • NyoX
    NyoX
    So after my response I got an email from ESO....

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave The Elder Scrolls Online community. NyoX, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now per our Code of Conduct policy on quitting/goodbye threads.

Have a great day!
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on April 8, 2014 3:20AM
    Options
  • NyoX
    NyoX
    Nevermind the fact that I placed a call to them Sunday morning at 8:20am and still no call back!
    So this was my reply back......

Well it's about time you respond to something I've had to say. I'm still waiting on a call back I started at 8:20 am yesterday!!
    You really need to get your stuff together! No one is going to sit idle while you people try and figure out how to pull your heads out of your rear ends. I really hope more and more ppl return this game, and maybe then you'll stop taking peoples time and money for granted.
    Like I stated in the post, I ordered and payed for the Imperial Edition, but because either you or Amazon or both, are complete idiots I will keep my money and play a game where it's not so obvious money is the only factor.

I will personally do whatever I can to make sure people don't waste money on a game that doesn't respect it's customers. And so far that is you and Zenimax.

Lets see if this gets heads turning!!!
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on April 8, 2014 3:19AM
    Options
  • tRaB
    tRaB
    @up pay for the game make subscribe still cannot play erroe 201 wtf they doing im reinstal repair and i dont know whan and game still doesnt working first time i have problems like that just patehic
    Options