How to fix your Login Information is Incorrect problem 6/04/2014

• Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    AidenC wrote: »
    You need to redeem your game code! I have just had the same issue, I had only redeemed my early access code which is why it shows 'early access' in my accounts. But i had bought the game from a 3rd party so you also NEED a separate game code, when you enter that it then asks for a subscription which you can then set up.

No. I pre-ordered Imperial from official site. My code was registered months ago...
    Options
  • Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan
    ✭✭
    Zilyana wrote: »

You will need the launcher to download updates anyway so you can't use that exe file forever.

When I re-download the game, where are the files being placed? I installed onto my "D" drive because I didn't have enough space on my "C"

Is this going to cause me more problems?
    Options
  • JoyOfLife
    JoyOfLife
    Ridiculous situation, but still: any ETA or news on this? I mean, maybe the queue on website will be unpaused soon, or they will apply 30-dyas automaticall (just as it should've been done)?
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭

You will need the launcher to download updates anyway so you can't use that exe file forever.

When I re-download the game, where are the files being placed? I installed onto my "D" drive because I didn't have enough space on my "C"

Yes.
    Options
  • adamub17_ESO4
    Thinking about my issue, wondering if there is a DIFFERENT redeem code on the BOX TOP (purchased a hardcopy of the game) vs. the REDEEM CODE from my purchase receipt.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    JoyOfLife wrote: »
    Ridiculous situation, but still: any ETA or news on this? I mean, maybe the queue on website will be unpaused soon, or they will apply 30-dyas automaticall (just as it should've been done)?

It won't be applied automatically. Currently they FORCE you to buy 30 days of game time in order to access the 'free' 30 day period.
    Options
  • ChipotleEveryDay
    So it looks like I won't be able to play today because of this account BS... So will I be getting a day refund on my 30 days free?
    Options
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I set it last night to avoid these delays

I tried to do this, then discovered you need to have money in your bank account "now" so that they can try to take it in 30 days.. I can't imagine the level of moron who thought that one up.. that having money now means I'll still have it in 30 days. They could have resolved the issue by just checking for 1 penny or 1 cent or whatever, which most people do have.

This queue wouldn't even exist now, because we'd all be online playing our 30 days free, knowing that in 30 days we'd have money in our accounts to pay for the subs.

As it is, we're all in the queue with 100 people in front of us... and no eta. All I did was change my password, having thought my account had been hacked. Turns out, they removed 24 hours from the early access. Which was supposed to end Sunday at 12 Midnight.

Edited by thilog on April 6, 2014 1:03PM
    Options
  • Ziiko
    Ziiko
    maniacal1 wrote: »
    b) with no message or warning telling us WHY our password 'doesn't work' people think they are being hacked and going into panic mode.

Not very good for a launch mistake.

This is another major problem with what's going on today. Is it really that hard to set up the message to say "Your subscription/game time has expired. Please visit the account page to update your subscription information?" I honestly don't know the answer to that question - I don't do this for a living. But it's how it seems to work for EVERY other MMO I've played.

Options
  • braz99b14_ESO
    braz99b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here, but now when I start the launcher I get a popup window saying my Early Access is over and I have to activate my 30 day access on the account.

The funny thing is the last sentence say "Fast and Simple" and I am still in queue.
    Edited by braz99b14_ESO on April 6, 2014 1:03PM
    Options
  • Free_Radical
    System message: "To activate your 30 days of included game time, log into your game account.... It's fast and simple!"

Fast = queue of indeterminate length (>100 people)
    Simple = don't leave your computer for more than 20 minutes or you lose your place in line.
    Options
  • Samiri
    Samiri
    ✭✭✭
    This just keeps getting worse and worse this game :(
    Options
  • Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan
    ✭✭

Yes.

Options
  • Ziiko
    Ziiko
    It's now giving me an ETA. Says I'll be able to access in 27 minutes.
    Options
  • Cacus
    Cacus
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite part is at the end of the launcher it says "Fast and simple" :P
    Options
  • Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan
    ✭✭
    Mine keeps bouncing from 11 to 25 minutes
    Options
  • one_up
    one_up
    I'm in account page now so at least its moving. It was "my turn" for like 20min
    Options
  • Giskard
    Giskard
    Soul Shriven
    Ziiko wrote: »
    It's now giving me an ETA. Says I'll be able to access in 27 minutes.

Said that for me, then eventually updated to an hour... I imagine in another few minutes it'll say two hours. Um, yeah, I'm going to sit around waiting for my 20 minute slot. Right.
    Options
  • Uldraell
    Uldraell
    yea me too 30 minutes here
    Options
  • SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    ✭✭✭
    Soo for everyone out there with the Login Information is Incorrect problem to fix it you need to set up a Subscription Plan and it will be fixed.

Please note that it is only a authorization hold, you will be charged $15 TEMPORARILY and then your money will be sent back.

Please allow up to 30 minutes after transaction and attempt to log back on :)

This is an outrage!! We are being held to ransom to access our free 30 days!!

No you're not. You have had the option since Friday, to fill this out. You waited to do so, now you will wait in line just like me. I procrastinated also.
    “There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” -Will Rogers
    Options
  • braz99b14_ESO
    braz99b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nice, ETA for website 1 Hour
    Options
  • NyoX
    NyoX
    Where is the option to set up a subscription?! Is it supposed to be in account summary somewhere? Or is it in billing summary? Or is it its own option?
    Cause the fact is, it isn't on my screen at all!
    Options
  • Tolio
    Tolio
    Soo for everyone out there with the Login Information is Incorrect problem to fix it you need to set up a Subscription Plan and it will be fixed.

Please note that it is only a authorization hold, you will be charged $15 TEMPORARILY and then your money will be sent back.

Please allow up to 30 minutes after transaction and attempt to log back on :)

This is an outrage!! We are being held to ransom to access our free 30 days!!

No you're not. You have had the option since Friday, to fill this out. You waited to do so, now you will wait in line just like me. I procrastinated also.

Nope, when I checked on friday I couldn't add a payment method. I thought that the stretching of the preaccess to sunday was the reason for that.

Options
  • Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan
    ✭✭
    Only another 22,000 MB left on my REINSTALL
    Options
  • enubis99
    enubis99
    @RFore44ub17_ESO‌

Actually their megaserver is just instanced multi servers, it's not really any different from having multiple servers, in fact I'm not so much fond of the idea entirely either.
    Nonetheless I agree that this issue with site traffic overload should not be happening, it wouldn't be if they did not lock us out of the game <-
    Edited by enubis99 on April 6, 2014 1:11PM
    Options
  • metaldrummer1962b14a_ESO
    Do you really want to pay for this kind of service?
    Options
  • Iniesta
    Iniesta
    ✭✭
    im normaly a chillaxed fella, but this stunt by Zenimax honestly
    is embarressing. i dont know if somethings just got messed up (wich i doubt) or
    if total greed got the better of Zenimax here.

what buffles me is even if something got messed up, instead of apologizing and fixing this mess asap they prefer the 'lend me your walled ...i pay you back' solution.

not cool , most def not cool
    Edited by Iniesta on April 6, 2014 1:11PM
    Options
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Giskard
    Giskard
    Soul Shriven

That's not how I read it. As I understood it, the announcement said we didn't have to activate our 30 day free trial until today, the implication being if we activated it early, our 30 day free trial would've started earlier.
    Edited by Giskard on April 6, 2014 1:12PM
    Options
  • Jackets_Fan
    Jackets_Fan
    ✭✭
    Do you really want to pay for this kind of service?

No, but I already payed $80

Options